Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:09:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RPC Miners (CPU/4way/CUDA/OpenCL)  (Read 548296 times)
alexandrz

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2011, 11:22:11 AM

I want to install this miner as a service in windows 7. Is it possible? I tried to create a service using Sc.exe (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/251192) but the service didn't started up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bobR

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2011, 11:54:05 AM

I want to install this miner as a service in windows 7. Is it possible? I tried to create a service using Sc.exe (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/251192) but the service didn't started up.

I'm using it with Win7 64 bit
Win 7 is fussy about what it runs as a service
you could run it as a scheduled task at startup
alexandrz

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2011, 12:18:13 PM

Thanks. I will try. Can I make a scheduled task invisible for user?
bobR

View Profile
April 20, 2011, 12:26:52 PM

the running miner wont be visable
you can even hide the scheduled task that starts the miner
alexandrz

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2011, 05:53:31 PM

Thanks!

I hid it using this utility http://www.ntwind.com/software/utilities/hstart.html
bobR

View Profile
April 20, 2011, 10:18:32 PM

Thanks!

I hid it using this utility http://www.ntwind.com/software/utilities/hstart.html

done that too
but in win7 it's not nessary
maykelmoya

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 22, 2011, 04:17:13 PM

Ok, I did a make rpcminer, and it builds the kernel and everything fine, but fails on linking (undefined reference to `cuInit').  I have added the cuda lib directory to the ld config file and ran ldconfig as root.  I also tried setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH with no success.  Perhaps there's a -lcuda missing somewhere, but I've never worked with CMake, so I have no idea where look.  Any ideas?

I'm facing the same problem. I manually added -lcuda to cmake-rpcminer/CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/link.txt but linker can not find '-lcuda'. libcuda.so is present in ldconfig -v.

Did you manage to solve it?

thesebastian

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 01:33:08 AM

When i stop the cuda miner my gpu starts to work at less than 40% Usage. (Like 450mhz). It's a 560 ti.

Currently i'm not using parameters with the cuda miner, do you any suggestion? (currently using vga at 39% fan speed and 68ºC maximum).
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2011, 12:24:43 AM

Is it possible to modify the thread priority on RPC4Way to idle? It's causing difficulties with other programs trying to run at the same time while it is using all available cycles at normal priority.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
TheShoura

Activity: 98

Testing

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 10:15:12 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2011, 10:28:50 AM by TheShoura

So I'm trying to use this Cuda miner on my nvidia GTX 460 as I'm curious if its faster than poclbm.... however i cant get it to work.

I'm getting CURL return value = 22, couldn't retreive work from RPC server.... how do I correct this.... I'm using this parameters:

rpcminer-cuda.exe -host=http://deepbit.net -port=8332 -user=XXXXXXXXX@gmail.com -pass=XXXXXXXX -gpu

currently poclbm runs at ~60 khash/s according to deepbit, the window itself though reads 48,350 khash/s... not sure for the variance but oh well

Help testing the cuda miner?

I have poclbm working with deepbit before anyone tries to suggest arbitrary "make sure your info is good". Unless I need to make a second worker?

edit1; tweaked the startup command a bit, still not working, added info

If you would like to send me a tip: 1HVGGWGWgHkyh9K8sntkZmXoiopX8Bsvv8

Security: 8452BCD9
ALWAYS gpg ident the person you're about to exchange with!
commlinx

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 10:32:18 AM

So I'm trying to use this Cuda miner on my nvidia GTX 460 as I'm curious if its faster than poclbm.... however i cant get it to work.

I'm getting CURL return value = 22, couldn't retreive work from RPC server.... how do I correct this.... I'm using this parameters:

rpcminer-cuda.exe -host=http://deepbit.net -port=8332 -user=XXXXXXXXX@gmail.com -pass=XXXXXXXX -gpu

currently poclbm runs at ~60 khash/s according to deepbit, the window itself though reads 48,350 khash/s... not sure for the variance but oh well

I have poclbm working with deepbit before anyone tries to suggest arbitrary "make sure your info is good". Unless I need to make a second worker?

Try the following syntax, it's what I was using on deepbit fairly recently:

rpcminer-cuda.exe -url=http://deepbit.net:8332 -user=XXXXXXXXX@gmail.com -password=XXXXXXXX

The deepbit speeds are an approximation over time as it doesn't know the true speeds, what poclbm was reporting will be a more accurate number.
TheShoura

Testing

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 10:42:22 AM

Try the following syntax, it's what I was using on deepbit fairly recently:

rpcminer-cuda.exe -url=http://deepbit.net:8332 -user=XXXXXXXXX@gmail.com -password=XXXXXXXX

The deepbit speeds are an approximation over time as it doesn't know the true speeds, what poclbm was reporting will be a more accurate number.

rpcminer-cuda.exe start -url=http://deepbit.net:8332 -user=XXXX@gmail.com -password=XXXX -gpu
Not working still
could not retrieve work from rpc server CURL return value = 22

also says 'no blocks being hashed right now. this can happen if the application is still starting up, you supplied incorrect parameters, or there is a communications error connecting to the server

I dont run anti virus/firewall other than what comes with windows 7 (defender/firewall).

commlinx

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 12:25:22 PM

rpcminer-cuda.exe start -url=http://deepbit.net:8332 -user=XXXX@gmail.com -password=XXXX -gpu
Not working still
If it was working with poclbm I guess your network settings should be OK. CURL return code is a fairly generic code that means the HTTP response was >= 400, that can include not found, internal server errors etc and I'm not sure what deepbit would return if the authentication failed for some reason.

I can see you have "start" in the command line though and don't see a mention of that in readme.txt, so that would be worth removing in case it's trying to use the first parameter by default as a URL. Also I guess it wouldn't cause a problem but -gpu shouldn't be required, according to the documentation it should select the first GPU but I didn't have to use it for that version, I guess it's implied you want to use a GPU because you're running the CUDA version.
TheShoura

Testing

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 05:58:38 PM

Not working still
If it was working with poclbm I guess your network settings should be OK. CURL return code is a fairly generic code that means the HTTP response was >= 400, that can include not found, internal server errors etc and I'm not sure what deepbit would return if the authentication failed for some reason.

I can see you have "start" in the command line though and don't see a mention of that in readme.txt, so that would be worth removing in case it's trying to use the first parameter by default as a URL. Also I guess it wouldn't cause a problem but -gpu shouldn't be required, according to the documentation it should select the first GPU but I didn't have to use it for that version, I guess it's implied you want to use a GPU because you're running the CUDA version.

Yeah, I removed the start flag and its working fine now lol... 60khash/s which is better than poclbm at 50kash/s Cheesy  yay

would i be better off with proportional payout or pps in mining pool?

TheShoura

Testing

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 06:22:15 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2011, 06:40:40 PM by TheShoura

edit: different question

the client reports 60Mhash/s but the site, deepbit.net, is now reporting a significantly less average hash/s

any idea for this?

dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 07:14:09 PM

edit: different question

the client reports 60Mhash/s but the site, deepbit.net, is now reporting a significantly less average hash/s

any idea for this?
Its normal. The site reports taking in to account of how much share u requested & how much u solved.....
What your client reports is the correct hash/s you get.
Empire10

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 28, 2011, 06:54:02 PM

Hello, I've installed all the dependencies and whatnot, but get an error when trying to make. Can anyone help me out?

craig@aspire5930:~/RpcMiner/src$ make -f makefile.unix
g++ -c -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -DNOPCH -DFOURWAYSSE2 -DUSE_SSL -I"/usr/local/include/wx-2.9" -I"/usr/local/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-static-2.9" -DGUI -o obj/util.o util.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -DNOPCH -DFOURWAYSSE2 -DUSE_SSL -I"/usr/local/include/wx-2.9" -I"/usr/local/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-static-2.9" -DGUI -o obj/script.o script.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -DNOPCH -DFOURWAYSSE2 -DUSE_SSL -I"/usr/local/include/wx-2.9" -I"/usr/local/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-static-2.9" -DGUI -o obj/db.o db.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -DNOPCH -DFOURWAYSSE2 -DUSE_SSL -I"/usr/local/include/wx-2.9" -I"/usr/local/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-static-2.9" -DGUI -o obj/net.o net.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -DNOPCH -DFOURWAYSSE2 -DUSE_SSL -I"/usr/local/include/wx-2.9" -I"/usr/local/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-static-2.9" -DGUI -o obj/irc.o irc.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -DNOPCH -DFOURWAYSSE2 -DUSE_SSL -I"/usr/local/include/wx-2.9" -I"/usr/local/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-static-2.9" -DGUI -o obj/main.o main.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -DNOPCH -DFOURWAYSSE2 -DUSE_SSL -I"/usr/local/include/wx-2.9" -I"/usr/local/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-static-2.9" -DGUI -o obj/rpc.o rpc.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -DNOPCH -DFOURWAYSSE2 -DUSE_SSL -I"/usr/local/include/wx-2.9" -I"/usr/local/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-static-2.9" -DGUI -o obj/init.o init.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -DNOPCH -DFOURWAYSSE2 -DUSE_SSL -I"/usr/local/include/wx-2.9" -I"/usr/local/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-static-2.9" -O3 -o cryptopp/obj/sha.o cryptopp/sha.cpp
Assembler messages:
Fatal error: can't create cryptopp/obj/sha.o: Not a directory
make: *** [cryptopp/obj/sha.o] Error 1
disq

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 28, 2011, 08:14:25 PM

OSX - I was able to compile but linking fails with undefined symbols (_cu*) in bitcoinminercuda.cpp.o.
I'm only trying to compile a rpc cuda miner, so BITCOIN_ENABLE_CUDA and BITCOIN_BUILD_RPC_MINER options are on and others are off.

Code:
Linking CXX executable rpcminer
Undefined symbols:
  "_cuMemcpyDtoH_v2", referenced from:
      CUDARunner::RunStep()      in bitcoinminercuda.cpp.o
      CUDARunner::FindBestConfiguration()       in bitcoinminercuda.cpp.o
  "_cuCtxDestroy", referenced from:
      CUDARunner::~CUDARunner()in bitcoinminercuda.cpp.o
      CUDARunner::CUDARunner()in bitcoinminercuda.cpp.o
  "_cuMemAlloc_v2", referenced from:
      CUDARunner::AllocateResources(int, int)in bitcoinminercuda.cpp.o
      CUDARunner::AllocateResources(int, int)in bitcoinminercuda.cpp.o
  "_cuParamSeti", referenced from:
  "_cuParamSetv", referenced from:
  "_cuDeviceGetCount", referenced from:
  "_cuCtxCreate_v2", referenced from:
  "_cuInit", referenced from:
  "_cuLaunchGrid", referenced from:
  "_cuModuleUnload", referenced from:
  "_cuParamSetSize", referenced from:
  "_cuMemcpyHtoD_v2", referenced from:
  "_cuMemFree_v2", referenced from:
      CUDARunner::DeallocateResources()       in bitcoinminercuda.cpp.o
      CUDARunner::DeallocateResources()       in bitcoinminercuda.cpp.o
  "_cuDeviceComputeCapability", referenced from:
  "_cuDeviceGet", referenced from:
  "_cuModuleGetFunction", referenced from:
  "_cuFuncSetBlockShape", referenced from:
  "_cuModuleLoad", referenced from:
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [cmake-rpcminer/rpcminer] Error 1
make[1]: *** [cmake-rpcminer/CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

here's what the linker runs (contents of cmake-rpcminer/CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/link.txt)
Code:
/usr/bin/c++    -Wl,-search_paths_first -headerpad_max_install_names  CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/sha256.cpp.o CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/rpcminer/hex.cpp.o CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/rpcminer/httprequest.cpp.o CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/rpcminer/rpcminerclient.cpp.o CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/rpcminer/rpcminermain.cpp.o CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/rpcminer/rpcminerthreadcpu.cpp.o CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/rpcminer/rpcrequest.cpp.o CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/json/json_spirit_reader.cpp.o CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/json/json_spirit_value.cpp.o CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/json/json_spirit_writer.cpp.o CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/minercommon/base64.c.o CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/cryptopp/cpu.cpp.o CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/cryptopp/sha.cpp.o CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/rpcminer/rpcminerthreadgpu.cpp.o CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/cuda/bitcoinminercuda.cpp.o ./rpcminer_generated_bitcoinminercuda.cu.o  -o rpcminer  /usr/local/cuda/lib/libcudart.dylib -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/cuda/lib /opt/local/lib/libboost_date_time-mt.a /opt/local/lib/libboost_filesystem-mt.a /opt/local/lib/libboost_program_options-mt.a /opt/local/lib/libboost_regex-mt.a /opt/local/lib/libboost_system-mt.a /opt/local/lib/libboost_thread-mt.a /usr/lib/libssl.dylib /usr/lib/libcrypto.dylib /usr/lib/libcurl.dylib -lpthread /usr/local/cuda/lib/libcudart.dylib -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/cuda/lib /opt/local/lib/libboost_date_time-mt.a /opt/local/lib/libboost_filesystem-mt.a /opt/local/lib/libboost_program_options-mt.a /opt/local/lib/libboost_regex-mt.a /opt/local/lib/libboost_system-mt.a /opt/local/lib/libboost_thread-mt.a /usr/lib/libssl.dylib /usr/lib/libcrypto.dylib /usr/lib/libcurl.dylib -lpthread 

I tried with various options, even reoganized the linker line but no success so far. Tried with both cuda sdk 3.2 and cuda sdk 4.0rc2.
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2011, 09:36:53 PM

OSX - I was able to compile but linking fails with undefined symbols (_cu*) in bitcoinminercuda.cpp.o.
I'm only trying to compile a rpc cuda miner, so BITCOIN_ENABLE_CUDA and BITCOIN_BUILD_RPC_MINER options are on and others are off.

I tried with various options, even reoganized the linker line but no success so far. Tried with both cuda sdk 3.2 and cuda sdk 4.0rc2.

The same error occurs for me on Fedora 15 Beta 64-bit with CUDA 3.2:

Code:
error@underground ~/Desktop/rpcminer $ make rpcminer
Linking CXX executable rpcminer
CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/src/cuda/bitcoinminercuda.cpp.o: In function `CUDARunner::CUDARunner()':
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0x9a): undefined reference to `cuInit'
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0xb7): undefined reference to `cuDeviceGetCount'
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0x12f): undefined reference to `cuDeviceGet'
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0x171): undefined reference to `cuDeviceGet'
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0x19e): undefined reference to `cuDeviceComputeCapability'
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0x1bc): undefined reference to `cuCtxCreate_v2'
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0x271): undefined reference to `cuModuleLoad'
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0x299): undefined reference to `cuCtxDestroy'
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0x2c3): undefined reference to `cuModuleGetFunction'
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0x2f0): undefined reference to `cuModuleUnload'
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0x300): undefined reference to `cuCtxDestroy'
CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/src/cuda/bitcoinminercuda.cpp.o: In function `CUDARunner::~CUDARunner()':
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0x3d2): undefined reference to `cuModuleUnload'
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0x3e2): undefined reference to `cuCtxDestroy'
CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/src/cuda/bitcoinminercuda.cpp.o: In function `CUDARunner::AllocateResources(int, int)':
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0x4c7): undefined reference to `cuMemAlloc_v2'
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0x518): undefined reference to `cuMemAlloc_v2'
CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/src/cuda/bitcoinminercuda.cpp.o: In function `CUDARunner::DeallocateResources()':
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0x5b4): undefined reference to `cuMemFree_v2'
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0x606): undefined reference to `cuMemFree_v2'
CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/src/cuda/bitcoinminercuda.cpp.o: In function `CUDARunner::FindBestConfiguration()':
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0x74e): undefined reference to `cuMemcpyHtoD_v2'
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0x797): undefined reference to `cuParamSetv'
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0x7d4): undefined reference to `cuParamSetv'
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0x801): undefined reference to `cuParamSeti'
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0x82e): undefined reference to `cuParamSeti'
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0x84c): undefined reference to `cuParamSetSize'
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0x869): undefined reference to `cuFuncSetBlockShape'
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0x8a2): undefined reference to `cuLaunchGrid'
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0x8ed): undefined reference to `cuMemcpyDtoH_v2'
CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/__/src/cuda/bitcoinminercuda.cpp.o: In function `CUDARunner::RunStep()':
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0xac0): undefined reference to `cuMemcpyHtoD_v2'
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0xb15): undefined reference to `cuParamSetv'
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0xb52): undefined reference to `cuParamSetv'
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0xb7f): undefined reference to `cuParamSeti'
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0xbac): undefined reference to `cuParamSeti'
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0xbca): undefined reference to `cuParamSetSize'
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0xbee): undefined reference to `cuFuncSetBlockShape'
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0xc0f): undefined reference to `cuLaunchGrid'
bitcoinminercuda.cpp:(.text+0xc46): undefined reference to `cuMemcpyDtoH_v2'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [cmake-rpcminer/rpcminer] Error 1
make[2]: *** [cmake-rpcminer/CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [cmake-rpcminer/CMakeFiles/rpcminer.dir/rule] Error 2
make: *** [rpcminer] Error 2

Some Google searching turned up a lot of people having similar problems compiling NVIDIA's sample code but no actual solutions.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
TheShoura

Testing

View Profile
April 28, 2011, 09:41:51 PM

Ok I have a 5970 (dual gpu) card as a secondary, GTX 460 (for games) as primary adapter

I want to mine on both GPU for 5970

rpcminer-opencl.exe -url=http://deepbit.net:8332 -user=XXX@gmail.com -password=XXX-gpu

I have not tested it at all, how would I get this going on both GPUs for a secondary card?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: