Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:04:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 171 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED  (Read 286590 times)
elambert (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 08:40:36 PM

Day traders dump and when BTC corrects, you better believe they will dump just the same. I have said from the start that CGB is designed for long term holding. It is a quality product - speed, interest bearing, hybrid design for 51% resistance and energy efficiency, rarity, top notch difficulty adjustment algorithm, phenomenal community, solid dev team, services and initiatives, etc. CGB will be fine. No one said this would always be an easy journey, but we will be successful, that is for sure. Still a top 10 market cap currency at this point so little has changed other than BTC flexing - and as we all know, BTC is the key to the door of mass adoption. Let BTC do its thing and open the door, then CGB will slide in behind it. Personally I am invested in CGB to get out of the day-trading game and thus far the results are phenomenal. Try not to get caught up in the swings. I have done that in the past and it never turns out good. Hang in there and I think you will be very pleased with the result  Grin

Edit: Lets assume a truly parabolic explosion occurs with BTC - even to $1000! That is about 500% growth from current standing and involves another $10 billion of new money. In order to match the same growth, CGB only has to have $1.5 million of new money injected and jump from a price of .35 cents to $1.75. Not sure which you think is more likely to be met and exceeded, but I feel confident in my analysis.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 08:58:14 PM

Day traders dump and when BTC corrects, you better believe they will dump just the same. I have said from the start that CGB is designed for long term holding. It is a quality product - speed, interest bearing, hybrid design for 51% resistance and energy efficiency, rarity, top notch difficulty adjustment algorithm, phenomenal community, solid dev team, services and initiatives, etc. CGB will be fine. No one said this would always be an easy journey, but we will be successful, that is for sure. Still a top 10 market cap currency at this point so little has changed other than BTC flexing - and as we all know, BTC is the key to the door of mass adoption. Let BTC do its thing and open the door, then CGB will slide in behind it. Personally I am invested in CGB to get out of the day-trading game and thus far the results are phenomenal. Try not to get caught up in the swings. I have done that in the past and it never turns out good. Hang in there and I think you will be very pleased with the result  Grin

Edit: Lets assume a truly parabolic explosion occurs with BTC - even to $1000! That is about 500% growth from current standing and involves another $10 billion of new money. In order to match the same growth, CGB only has to have $1.5 million of new money injected and jump from a price of .35 cents to $1.75. Not sure which you think is more likely to be met and exceeded, but I feel confident in my analysis.
I understand all of this, and I do completely agree, but..
People who invested in mining operations such as mine, don't see this, they look at numbers, falling numbers, they are panicking and diverting that to the one who's in charge (this case me). So that is a small problem that is occurring.
There haven't been pretty much any updates in recent times, unless i missed some posts or topics?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 09:01:10 PM

If I withdrew a couple days ago, I would have ~4BTC. If btc had to get to 1000$, I would have more fiat if I just sold CGB and held 4BTC. Don't get me wrong though, I am not gonna be selling anytime soon  Grin I still believe I have a long time before I do something like that. A very long time  Wink

And like Merc said, don't watch the price. It's will drive you mad

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
mercSuey

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 09:24:13 PM

CGB has held up very well during Alt-Armageddon...
But you gotta get listed on a proper exchange(MCX or BTC-e)...
Traders, volume, and liquidity would double-triple CGB quickly.

Agreed.  We're working on it. 
mercSuey

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 09:29:29 PM

I understand all of this, and I do completely agree, but..
People who invested in mining operations such as mine, don't see this, they look at numbers, falling numbers, they are panicking and diverting that to the one who's in charge (this case me). So that is a small problem that is occurring.
There haven't been pretty much any updates in recent times, unless i missed some posts or topics?

I'm on here all the time updating.  And you can refer to the dev blog for updates as well:  http://cryptogenicbullion.org/blog.html

And if you mean client updates, we had one a few weeks ago and I'll release updated checkpoints by next weekend or so....
Sustainable

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 09:44:13 PM

This is easily the stablest coin on the market, it is bullion and is used for long term investment, investing in CGB I have only stabilised my portfolio further. I don't really take hard knocks whatsoever. CGB is the federal reserve of BTC at this moment in time. Great community and great staff, others would flee when price goes down and lets be honest its only been quite slight in terms of the bigger picture. Mercury and elambert are here holding a very confident focus and working timelessly behind the scenes. I have very little concern to worry. It's a natural cycle for anyone at this point, bitcoin goes up, people dump exchange for bitcoin they then regain. Can't wait for more announcements guys Cheesy

Cloud Mining - Mine when your computer is not on. Mine if you don't have the appropriate hardware or operating system! Mine when you are asleep! ---> https://cex.io/r/1/Sustainable/0/
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 11:50:22 AM

We hit a new low at 0.000805  today  Cheesy

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Killiz

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 06:57:02 PM

And a recovery to more than double that value less than 12 hours later. Says it all really  Wink
Killiz

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 07:01:51 PM

And a recovery to more than double that value less than 12 hours later. Says it all really  Wink
That's also correct.
It has bounced back Cheesy

Roll up! Roll up! get your bouncy bullion bars, limited supply only, get them while they're hot  Grin
Killiz

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 07:10:09 PM

Even though they are hot, you won't burn yourself? Tongue

But they may make you want to throw up if you've ate too many Sad
Killiz

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 07:43:02 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2013, 07:59:16 PM by Killiz

The rate of CGB/BTC was about .0025-.0026 when BTC/USD was around $150 - $160.  And when BTC/USD hit $195 (about a 20% increase), CGB/BTC hit .0021 (about a 20% decrease).  So the net value is nearly unchanged, as Killiz said.  

The correlation with BTC is accurate and I suspect it will stabilize and be less pressured with each subsidy halving going forward, which was the point of the design of accelerated subsidy halving.  I have said all along to those who know me (and a couple times in these forums) that I expect BTC/USD to be over $1000 within a year.  And as BTC/USD tests the $200 level, suddenly accelerated subsidy halving looks like a bright idea.  Plus, couple that with future project developments of mine as well as a developing economic web ecosystem and continued marketing initiative, then you truly have the potential to--wait for it--multiply the value of your bitcoins over time.

Try not to get caught up with the daily price movements...it will drive you mad.

In the meantime, I believe BTC/USD over $200 will soon have a rising tide raises (most) boats effect and I'm doing my best to make sure CGB is one of those boats.

-Merc

Sorry Merc could'n help it, I had to watch and I am now certified insane.

I've a lot invested in CB and I have ridden the swings and roundabouts of the last week or so and have nervously held on tight as I've watched my holdings rise and fall in the 1000's of dollars, as many other holders of CB will have done too.

I can honestly say it is one scary ride, my face has been every colour of the spectrum today, and I have been through every emotion, but I believe and understand the potential of CB and I am willing to ride and break this monster, as the potential future rewards, far outweigh my personal health, wealth and feelings  Cheesy

It is easy to sell large amounts of CB. But it is one tough bastard to buy back in large amounts. Tried it, failed. I learnt this early on.

Just want to share this, because like my psychiatrist says, it's good to talk.

mercSuey

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 09:09:24 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2013, 10:34:12 PM by mercSuey

The rate of CGB/BTC was about .0025-.0026 when BTC/USD was around $150 - $160.  And when BTC/USD hit $195 (about a 20% increase), CGB/BTC hit .0021 (about a 20% decrease).  So the net value is nearly unchanged, as Killiz said.  

The correlation with BTC is accurate and I suspect it will stabilize and be less pressured with each subsidy halving going forward, which was the point of the design of accelerated subsidy halving.  I have said all along to those who know me (and a couple times in these forums) that I expect BTC/USD to be over $1000 within a year.  And as BTC/USD tests the $200 level, suddenly accelerated subsidy halving looks like a bright idea.  Plus, couple that with future project developments of mine as well as a developing economic web ecosystem and continued marketing initiative, then you truly have the potential to--wait for it--multiply the value of your bitcoins over time.

Try not to get caught up with the daily price movements...it will drive you mad.

In the meantime, I believe BTC/USD over $200 will soon have a rising tide raises (most) boats effect and I'm doing my best to make sure CGB is one of those boats.

-Merc

I've a lot invested in CB and I have ridden the swings and roundabouts of the last week or so and have nervously held on tight as I've watched my holdings rise and fall in the 1000's of dollars, as many other holders of CB will have done too.

I can honestly say it is one scary ride, my face has been every colour of the spectrum today, and I have been through every emotion, but I believe and understand the potential of CB and I am willing to ride and break this monster, as the potential future rewards, far outweigh my personal health, wealth and feelings  Cheesy

It is easy to sell large amounts of CB. But it is one tough bastard to buy back in large amounts. Tried it, failed. I learnt this early on.

I wanted to stay away from the forums as they tend to throw my focus off.  But I'll reply to you since you've been an avid supporter from very early on.

Yes, it can be terribly taxing (no pun intended) to watch our holdings rise and fall with such chaotic velocity.  But this industry as a whole is quite immature and I'm looking at it as par for the course, given its current stage of development.

Plus, it's easier for me to endure because I am working on our projects.  So I see the potential every moment of everyday.  I'm creating relationships to open new marketing avenues to further penetrate China--to start marketing initiatives on Baidu and Sina.  And it's not as easy as it sounds.  For example, you better know Chinese characters when registering a marketing account because the captchad is in Chinese.  See what I mean?  You need to have a trusted liaison doing all this, who can be trusted holding payment info so to enter the payment information.  And these are minor issues.  As we speak, we're in the process of upgrading the website and changing the text on much of the site.  It wasn't a priority but China is becoming a major market and we need to adjust our priorities.  These Chinese marketing channels need to be established before we start to release my dev projects next month.

It's quite a ride but I want CGB to make waves in the industry and we need to be patient and do things right...

My father recently asked if I'm worried about being a public dev versus the shady/hidden devs so rampant in the industry...and that if I was concerned about government scrutiny.  And I answered that if we're receiving increased scrutiny even though nothing is a secret and done 100% legally then we're doing something right.  

But, I'm an agorist at heart; no matter what, this journey feels right.  I'm all for empowering the people.

I aim to misbehave...

-Merc
Killiz

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 12:09:38 AM

-Merc

I wanted to stay away from the forums as they tend to throw my focus off.  But I'll reply to you since you've been an avid supporter from very early on.

Yes, it can be terribly taxing to watch our holdings rise and fall with such chaotic velocity.  But this industry as a whole is quite immature and I'm looking at it as par for the course given its current stage of development.

Plus, it's easier for me because I am working on our projects.  So I see the potential every moment of everyday.  I'm creating relationships to open new marketing avenues to further penetrate China--to start marketing initiatives on Baidu and Sina.  And it's not as easy as it sounds.  For example, you better know Chinese characters when registering a marketing account because the captchad is in Chinese.  See what I mean?  You need to have a trusted liaison doing all this, who can be trusted holding payment info so to enter the payment information.  And these are minor issues.  As we speak we're in the process of upgrading the website and changing the text on much of the site.  It wasn't a priority but China is becoming a major market and we need to adjust our priorities.  These Chinese marketing channels need to be established before we start to release my dev projects next month.

It's quite a ride but I want CGB to make waves in the industry and we need to be patient and do things right...

My father recently asked if I'm worried about being a public dev versus the shady/hidden devs so rampant in the industry...and that if I was concerned about government scrutiny.  And I answered that if we're receiving increased scrutiny even though nothing is a secret and done 100% legally then we're doing something right.  

But, I'm an agorist at heart; no matter what, this journey feels right.  I'm all for empowering the people.

I aim to misbehave...

-Merc

Hmm a very intriguing, and exciting piece of info  Grin
You are certainly heading down the right avenue with this one, and the language barrier will be the hardest thing to overcome whilst dealing with someone you can trust as a mediator with sensitive information like you say.

I really can understand how time consuming it must be working on CB, but you can always tell when there is a lot of hard work going on behind the scenes, as this thread goes really quiet from time to time, and I like the anticipation!

I've noticed that every supporter of CB on this forum, has the patience to allow the development team do what they are doing without constantly demanding information and Proof Of Work  Wink
CB is certainly attracting the right type of interest from the right type of investor.

Patience is a virtue.

Thanks for the continued work

Killiz

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 12:35:57 AM

CGB removed as payment option. Please delete our links. Thank you and good luck

mercSuey

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 12:47:31 AM

I clearly first told you I removed your link from the services page because you turned your site into your personal TIX promo page, and that you were obviously leeching from our ad budget.

And then you post on here that you removed CGB as a payment option and to remove the link which has already been removed?  Are you retarded or something?
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 12:51:35 AM

I clearly first told you I removed your link from the services page because you turned your site into your personal TIX promo page.

And then you post on here that you removed CGB as a payment option and to remove the link which has already been removed?  Are you retarded or something?

Actually, the link you guys had was for iGotSpots.com/other - Which still accepts coins for gold, silver, and copper

I just wanted it known you're the reason people can't use CGB for actual bullion on my website anymore, since I am, in your words, a leech

mercSuey

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 12:59:15 AM

I clearly first told you I removed your link from the services page because you turned your site into your personal TIX promo page.

And then you post on here that you removed CGB as a payment option and to remove the link which has already been removed?  Are you retarded or something?

Actually, the link you guys had was for iGotSpots.com/other - Which still accepts coins for gold, silver, and copper

I just wanted it known you're the reason people can't use CGB for actual bullion on my website anymore, since I am, in your words, a leech

Ah, so you knew we had the wrong page and didn't care to correct the mistake...why?   FYI, I deleted the links yesterday.  So I'm sure you knew all along. 

And now that I call you out publicly, you're all of the sudden a man of integrity.

You may have spots but you need to get a life.
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 01:01:38 AM

Ah, so you knew we had the wrong page and didn't care to correct the mistake...why?   FYI, I deleted the links yesterday.  So I'm sure you knew all along. 

And now that I call you out publicly, you're all of the sudden a man of integrity.

No, I didn't notice. I have my own projects to work on, I assumed you knew how to do links properly

Nice way to treat someone supporting your coin by selling gold and silver for it for months, though. Glad I was helping your coin

Sustainable

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 02:02:33 AM

No, I didn't notice. I have my own projects to work on, I assumed you knew how to do links properly

Nice way to treat someone supporting your coin by selling gold and silver for it for months, though. Glad I was helping your coin

Not gonna lie spots, this is a pretty weird move on your part. It is a promotional page for TIX there is no getting around that. I respect you we have had conversations, I have stuck up for you multiple times for TIX and on cryptsy. I am really not understanding where your coming from with this field of view, as it is the website is a landing page for TIX. I don't mind that but if your sucking budgets thats very negative. I support both TIX and CGB, in my eyes it's for progression for the cryptocoin community and we should support each other but practices like that cannot be condoned. Also services were promised for monday and were not followed through. No bad blood but I don't think its appropriate.

Cloud Mining - Mine when your computer is not on. Mine if you don't have the appropriate hardware or operating system! Mine when you are asleep! ---> https://cex.io/r/1/Sustainable/0/
NaNaec

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 12:18:54 PM

Guys, have a one question. Do you plan to continue POW-mining in the algorithm of coin (even if there is 0.00000001), or disable this option and continue with the only POS?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 171 »
  Print  

Jump to: