Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:27:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 171 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED  (Read 286589 times)
jamestown2035

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:02:54 AM

Pretty disappointed that Merc hasn't come in here himself to say anything about the situation.  Judging by the way he's handled his departure, I would agree CGB is in better hands now.

cryptonewbie

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:04:58 AM

I've been lurking and watching this coin from a distance for a while now, but haven't touched it.

Looks like now's the time to start investing!

Definitely.  I would wait a bit though.  Im guessing all the people that bought cheap this morning are going to be dumping soon.

elambert (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:25:12 AM

Interesting coin. When approx it is going to be PoS only by the way?

CGB will remain a PoW/PoS hybrid. The PoW subsidy will halve until the baseline of .01 CGB per block is reached where it will remain. This will keep holders earning interest while at the same time further securing the block chain via PoW mining and PoS stake mining. An attack on a PoW/PoS hybrid would have to consist of not only control of greater than 50% of hashing power (as with most other coins) but also would require ownership of greater than 50% of the staked coins. The PoS addition essentially means that any potential attacker would have to be a majority owner of CGB as well as the majority miner and thereby the attack would predominantly be against themselves.
VonSpass
Legendary

Activity: 894
Merit: 1064

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:17:21 AM

CGB will remain a PoW/PoS hybrid. The PoW subsidy will halve until the baseline of .01 CGB per block is reached where it will remain. This will keep holders earning interest while at the same time further securing the block chain via PoW mining and PoS stake mining. An attack on a PoW/PoS hybrid would have to consist of not only control of greater than 50% of hashing power (as with most other coins) but also would require ownership of greater than 50% of the staked coins. The PoS addition essentially means that any potential attacker would have to be a majority owner of CGB as well as the majority miner and thereby the attack would predominantly be against themselves.

Boy are you guys getting it wrong or what!!!! Economy is not this coin's forte. This .01 baseline will eliminate all incentive to mine the coin.  Very High Brow and High Roller as we sink further down closer to zero; .01 baseline has to be raised or this coin will disappear, period.
sixteendigits

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:14:43 AM

Boy are you guys getting it wrong or what!!!! Economy is not this coin's forte. This .01 baseline will eliminate all incentive to mine the coin.  Very High Brow and High Roller as we sink further down closer to zero; .01 baseline has to be raised or this coin will disappear, period.

What does it matter?  The PoW network could drop to zero but PoS will keep the blockchain chugging along.
VonSpass
Legendary

Activity: 894
Merit: 1064

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:40:03 AM

What does it matter?  The PoW network could drop to zero but PoS will keep the blockchain chugging along.

Because, with all the risk associated with CGB anybody in their right mind would not get near it at such low PoS level, 1.5%. I would probably become interested with a much higher PoS level, given risk involved, otherwise I will not be mining this coin, neither PoS nor PoW, for its disrespect to any potential investors.
sixteendigits

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:03:19 AM

Because, with all the risk associated with CGB anybody in their right mind would not get near it at such low PoS level, 1.5%. I would probably become interested with a much higher PoS level, given risk involved, otherwise I will not be mining this coin, neither PoS nor PoW, for its disrespect to any potential investors.

So you think increasing the block reward for PoW, offering higher PoS rewards, and causing runaway inflation would be a good thing for CGB?  Completely destroying the whole rarity thing that CGB has used from the start to market itself would be a good direction for the coin?

I am disappointed by the recent developments, but I hold around 8k CGB purchased around 0.001, and if you think I am gonna dump at these prices you are mad.  I guarantee there are many other investors who feel the same as I do.

So don't worry about the CGB network, I will continue to stake my coins and watch the price go to the moon or to zero.
Percy520

Activity: 120

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:34:12 AM

So you think increasing the block reward for PoW, offering higher PoS rewards, and causing runaway inflation would be a good thing for CGB?  Completely destroying the whole rarity thing that CGB has used from the start to market itself would be a good direction for the coin?

I am disappointed by the recent developments, but I hold around 8k CGB purchased around 0.001, and if you think I am gonna dump at these prices you are mad.  I guarantee there are many other investors who feel the same as I do.

So don't worry about the CGB network, I will continue to stake my coins and watch the price go to the moon or to zero.
Totally agreed, I have bought 3k more last few days thanks to those people who ever dump at 0.0004btc.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 11:01:55 AM

I feel that the PoS needs to be higher. The supposed mirroring of monetary inflation is irrelevant at this stage.

10% pa, with 7 days qualification cycle would give sufficient incentive. Any opinions ?
sixteendigits

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:31:15 AM

I feel that the PoS needs to be higher. The supposed mirroring of monetary inflation is irrelevant at this stage.

10% pa, with 7 days qualification cycle would give sufficient incentive. Any opinions ?

I am pretty sure you will hear a resounding NO from all members of the community.

A temporary price boost from new comers who want to stake the coin is not worth, like i said before, runaway inflation and destroying the marketing hook it has had from the beginning.  All it does is give a temporary price boost, long term it sends it to zero.

What do you think the price of PHS, HBN, TEK, BCX will be by next year?  Do you think 10%+ inflation is good for something which aims to be a currency?

If the goal here is just to temporarily pump up the price so that we can dump off our stakes and watch the coin supply skyrocket and the price plummet, hey no problem.  Just clue me in that this is the plan and I'll dump as soon as we break 0.001 again.  But I thought at this point CGB had established itself as more than just a pump and dump scam.

I don't even understand why the PoS reward is being brought up.  The price isn't where it is today because the PoS reward is too low.  The price is where it is today because of the developments of the last couple days, large holders dumping, and disinterest from the latest wave of newbies who hit the scene in nov/dec because they were too late to mine any significant amount (but they seem to love QRK, doesn't make sense to me).
bahamapascal

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:47:18 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 04:18:10 PM by bahamapascal

Guys, don't forget to vote!
We archived great progress , being in the top lines on allcrypt.com and already rallied up halve of the list on mintpal.com in just two days of being listed!
Vote Here:

6 votes per 24 hours: https://www.allcrypt.com/voting.php?

3 votes for non registered users and 6 votes for registered users, each hour: https://www.mintpal.com/voting

1 Vote per 24 hours: http://www.ecoinfund.com/vote
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 11:52:46 AM

I am pretty sure you will hear a resounding NO from all members of the community.

A temporary price boost from new comers who want to stake the coin is not worth, like i said before, runaway inflation and destroying the marketing hook it has had from the beginning.  All it does is give a temporary price boost, long term it sends it to zero.

What do you think the price of PHS, HBN, TEK, BCX will be by next year?  Do you think 10%+ inflation is good for something which aims to be a currency?

If the goal here is just to temporarily pump up the price so that we can dump off our stakes and watch the coin supply skyrocket and the price plummet, hey no problem.  Just clue me in that this is the plan and I'll dump as soon as we break 0.001 again.  But I thought at this point CGB had established itself as more than just a pump and dump scam.

I don't even understand why the PoS reward is being brought up.  The price isn't where it is today because the PoS reward is too low.  The price is where it is today because of the developments of the last couple days, large holders dumping, and disinterest from the latest wave of newbies who hit the scene in nov/dec because they were too late to mine any significant amount (but they seem to love QRK, doesn't make sense to me).

'Skyrocket' in supply is not really the word I would use for 10% pa inflation.

IMO it is a healthy level. 

When a coin reaches maturity, then 2% maybe an appropriate inflation level. There are years to go yet...Even BTC is not mature, and CGB still has to survive its infancy.

Time and price will tell all.

Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 11:54:54 AM

PoW / PoS hybrid is a good combination. The Block reward as well as the Stake are at low levels, maybe the correct levels, who knows.
SkillRoad

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:56:47 AM

It is with great pleasure that I would like to announce the new lead developer of Cryptogenic Bullion, Artiface! Artiface has been active for some time in the CGB community and brings with him an impressive resume as a software engineer. Additional to his undertakings outside of the crypto world, he is the creator of the CGB tipbot currently deployed on Reddit.

This appointment is by no means a step down from the previous developer. Certainly there are some large shoes to fill but I am confident that Artiface is the right individual for this job. Please join me in welcoming Artiface and showing him some love and support! His first order of business is to update checkpoints, handle a long overdue fix between the getbalance and listaccounts showing a discrepancy and to update the splash screen logo with our new Gold theme and new slogan "Earn. Store. Multiply.".

I have another development team addition announcement to make soon and also have extended offers to some of the core community members to also join the team in an official capacity.

Please keep in mind that this is still a community project and the development team works on a volunteer basis for the community and also to add value to their personal stake. If you want to get involved, this is a great time to acquire stake at a discount and join in to help launch Cryptogenic Bullion to the next level!

thanks for reacting fast and professional. I have faith this will recover soon.

This is good news!!

_______________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________
Next Coin Lite - Fair Distribution
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 12:24:39 PM

Thanks elambert!

This is a great coin and a great community and I am honored to be added to the development team.  Just so everyone knows a bit of my background I am a professional software engineer, with 10+ years industry experience and 20+ years of programming experience.  I currently have a role as lead developer of a multi-million dollar industrial product line.  I have also made fixes and contributions to several other coin projects.  I am confident that I have the experience and ability to take on this role.  

I am working right now to get the development environment ready.  I hope to have a new client version available within the week.  

Thanks to this great community, I have high hopes for the future of CGB!

Thanks and welcome to your new position !

Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 12:33:24 PM

Has anyone noticed how much faster CGB is confirming today ?

Stakes are also faster. 

Would that be network size or software updates ?
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:04:18 PM

Quick update for the community. It has been a turbulent past 24 hours that caught me off-guard. I again apologize to the community as these events were not handled in a manner that I approve of or that the community deserves. Whats done is done though and we can only pick up the pieces, learn from this and most importantly move forward!

I am pleased to announce that a new development team of 7 has been assembled! We are scheduling our first of recurring meetings for early this week after which I will announce formal position appointments. There will be some other announcements as well and we are looking to release the new client next weekend.

Thank you all for your continued faith and support, you all deserve better and will get it.
pgbit

Activity: 771
Merit: 258

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:16:27 PM

Its off coinmarketcap from some reason
? until new wallet comes online

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
cryptog1

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:18:28 PM

i wish mercury stills good luck.
i thank him for his contribution so far.
but his departure is also a good news.
his white paper was worthless and had nothing to do with cgb.
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:18:49 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 01:36:54 PM by elambert

Its off coinmarketcap from some reason
? until new wallet comes online

They get their information from the old block explorer which is down. We will launch a new explorer to resolve this issue shortly.
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 171 »
  Print  

Jump to: