Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:39:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Exchange] Latest Cryptsy Additions, News and announcements.  (Read 199366 times)
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 07:25:08 PM

PHS

It is on the list to be considered ranked pretty high.

It's high on my premine list too.

~BCX~

PHS premined?? 1st time to hear it, I think it is one of the rare 0-premined coins...

I think bcx is saying hes going to mine some. Yes its a proof of stake 0 premines fair release coin so its rated highly.

Rated highly, lol. I guess you haven't been reading the release thread - I'm staying away from this coin.

With the two block chains and the problems it's having (abandoned by dev), I would of thought an exchange would avoid it like the plague.

K.

My guess is that he is assuming this will all work out -- these issues are probably the reasons it isn't already listed. PHS is extremely promising, but there was a serious issue during the switch to 1.2. The dev is useless and clearly couldn't figure out a solution so he bailed on everybody...but the community has taken care of it, gotten everything back on track, and the main chain is moving right along (was over 500 MH/s throughout most of the day yesterday...and rarely dips below 100 MH/s.) That's the great thing about having access to the source and having a strong community -- somebody can step up and take PHS over without the need for the dev to get involved again.

I'm pissed at the dev and hopefully he doesn't touch another currency again -- he's proven himself incapable of the task. This is part of the unspoken disadvantage of no premine, I guess: if this selfish dev had a large stake in the success of PHS, he likely would have done everything he could to help. Because he didn't, and clearly couldn't care less about anybody, he just walked away. Hopefully somebody will put together and release 1.3 soon and everything will be firing on all cylinders. It's already rolling along nicely.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
BitJohn (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 07:28:46 PM

PHS

~BCX~

PHS premined?? 1st time to hear it, I think it is one of the rare 0-premined coins...

I think bcx is saying hes going to mine some. Yes its a proof of stake 0 premines fair release coin so its rated highly.

Rated highly, lol. I guess you haven't been reading the release thread - I'm staying away from this coin.

With the two block chains and the problems it's having (abandoned by dev), I would of thought an exchange would avoid it like the plague.

K.

My guess is that he is assuming this will all work out -- these issues are probably the reasons it isn't already listed. PHS is extremely promising, but there was a serious issue during the switch to 1.2. The dev is useless and clearly couldn't figure out a solution so he bailed on everybody...but the community has taken care of it, gotten everything back on track, and the main chain is moving right along (was over 500 MH/s throughout most of the day yesterday...and rarely dips below 100 MH/s.) That's the great thing about having access to the source and having a strong community -- somebody can step up and take PHS over without the need for the dev to get involved again.

I'm pissed at the dev and hopefully he doesn't touch another currency again -- he's proven himself incapable of the task. This is part of the unspoken disadvantage of no premine, I guess: if this selfish dev had a large stake in the success of PHS, he likely would have done everything he could to help. Because he didn't, and clearly couldn't care less about anybody, he just walked away. Hopefully somebody will put together and release 1.3 soon and everything will be firing on all cylinders. It's already rolling along nicely.

Your correct we had it on the list but noticed issues and held off for the time being. We will continue to monitor its new team.
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 07:34:37 PM

GME
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 07:52:31 PM

GME
+1

Btc=C2MF       Free BTC Poker
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
Kruncha

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 07:59:07 PM

PHS

~BCX~

K.

Your correct we had it on the list but noticed issues and held off for the time being. We will continue to monitor its new team.

All good, as long as we're on the same page - I'm not a hater of coins, and I'm glad the community is stepping in to sort it out (I have 256 of 'em Grin)

Good luck to the new team Smiley

K.

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 08:17:46 PM

I'm just waiting for grandcoin to hit a decent price then Im dumping the 1m coins I bought cheap on coins-e  Grin

Its not pre-mines cryptsy needs concern itself with - its listing coins that have no services and people like myself that have no intention whatsoever of keeping them as ultimately they are worthless.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 08:21:18 PM

I'm just waiting for grandcoin to hit a decent price then Im dumping the 1m coins I bought cheap on coins-e  Grin

Its not pre-mines cryptsy needs concern itself with - its listing coins that have no services and people like myself that have no intention whatsoever of keeping them as ultimately they are worthless.
This is essentially what is driving the price of other coins down. There are too many new alts flowing and and not enough $ and BTC..

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 08:28:43 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2013, 09:09:47 PM by Oldminer

I'm just waiting for grandcoin to hit a decent price then Im dumping the 1m coins I bought cheap on coins-e  Grin

This is essentially what is driving the price of other coins down. There are too many new alts flowing and and not enough $ and BTC..

No, its releasing and listing coins that serve no purpose thats the issue. If and when RED's are listed I will be buying more than I am selling (just as I am currently doing on coins-e) because I can buy things online with them and I can gamble online with them (legally). There are a few other coins Im hoarding too that have a value attached that I can do the same thing with.

Cryptsy needs to start looking at a coins value to the community as a whole, before I decides to list it, not just the pre-mine. Lets face it, if a coin has a pre-mine BUT the coin has a value elsewhere outside of an exchange, why would the pre-mine be dumped when it's likely the value of the coin is going to go up? If it is dumped it wouldnt be for some time, by which time many more coins would have been mined and the dump would have little effect.

The last coin cryptsy listed is a perfect example of poor choices when it comes to listings & explains what Im talking about ie grandcoin. No services, no value outside of an exchange - nothing. Yet cryptsy listed it simply because there was no pre-mine. And what was the result? Grandcoin was listed and the price didnt even go up from what it was on coins-e. There wasnt even any buying as it had no value. All there was was a dump. This is really bad for the community. What this encourages is dev's to release coins with no purpose and no pre-mine & Dev's that release coins with a pre-mine to provide services will cease to do so & newcomers to crypto-currency will continue to get burnt on the exchange. Anyone can see where this will ultimately lead. Big traders and big spenders are often wealthy because their smart with their money and know where & when to invest and they will continue to avoid cryptsy like the plague other than to buy coins elsewhere if possible and dump them on the exchange for a profit.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Kujmandosz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 08:39:33 PM

I'm just waiting for grandcoin to hit a decent price then Im dumping the 1m coins I bought cheap on coins-e  Grin

No, its releasing and listing coins that serve no purpose thats the issue. If and when RED's are listed I will be buying more than I am selling (just as I am currently doing on coins-e). There are a few other coins Im hoarding too that have a value attached.

Cryptsy needs to start looking at a coins value to the community before I decides to list it, not the pre-mine. Lets face it, if a coin has a pre-mine BUT the coin has a value elsewhere outside of an exchange, why would the pre-mine be dumped?

The last coin cryptsy listed is a perfect example of what Im talking about - grandcoin. No services, no value outside of an exchange - nothing. Yet cryptsy listed it as there was no pre-mine. And what was the result? Grandcoin was listed and the price didnt even go up from what it was on coins-e. There wasnt even any buying as it had no value. All there was was a dump.

+1111111111111111

Finally a smart post...

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 08:44:10 PM

No, its releasing and listing coins that serve no purpose thats the issue. If and when RED's are listed I will be buying more than I am selling (just as I am currently doing on coins-e) because I can buy things online with them and I can gamble online with them (legally). There are a few other coins Im hoarding too that have a value attached that I can do the same thing with.

Cryptsy needs to start looking at a coins value to the community before I decides to list it, not the pre-mine. Lets face it, if a coin has a pre-mine BUT the coin has a value elsewhere outside of an exchange, why would the pre-mine be dumped?

The last coin cryptsy listed is a perfect example of what Im talking about - grandcoin. No services, no value outside of an exchange - nothing. Yet cryptsy listed it as there was no pre-mine. And what was the result? Grandcoin was listed and the price didnt even go up from what it was on coins-e. There wasnt even any buying as it had no value. All there was was a dump.
How isn't the point the same?
Too many new alts flowing in... I might have not expressed myself in details.. but yet most of these alts serve no purpose, but to dump on unlucky people. There would essentially be more money invested into other coins if there weren't too many useless alts to look at. Cryptsy needs to add some form of requirements for a coin to be listed, and those that don't fulfill them or stopped fulfilling them should get removed.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
forsetifox

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 08:46:58 PM

IMO don't add coins that..

1) have a pre-mine over 0.5% (you REALLY don't need that many coins for "bounties" =P
2) have a block time under 30 seconds (forks are REALLY bad for exchanges)
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 08:52:16 PM

Too many new alts flowing in... I might have not expressed myself in details.. but yet most of these alts serve no purpose, but to dump on unlucky people. There would essentially be more money invested into other coins if there weren't too many useless alts to look at. Cryptsy needs to add some form of requirements for a coin to be listed, and those that don't fulfill them or stopped fulfilling them should get removed.

My apologies, If I understand you correctly, your saying money used to purchase worthless alts could be used to purchase alts with value outside of an exchange - correct? If so, then yes I agree. That IS keeping or pushing the price of alts like Redcoin down. There's way too many junkcoins on cryptsy and not enough forethought before listing.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 08:58:22 PM

My apologies, If I understand you correctly, your saying money used to purchase worthless alts could be used to purchase alts with value outside of an exchange - correct? If so, then yes I agree. That IS keeping or pushing the price of alts like Redcoin down. There's way too many junkcoins on cryptsy and not enough forethought before listing.
Yes that is what I meant. It's okay, as long as we eventually agree on it.
Example (I like MEC, CGB, CAP and a few others that I won't mention now): Someone comes in and wants to invest in either one of those 3, but then he sees this huge list of altcoins, and he might be attracted by the name, by the hype in the chatbox or the price going up (a pump that he or she is not aware of) and instead invests into one of those "no-use shitcoins".
See where I'm going with this?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 09:02:52 PM

Yes that is what I meant. It's okay, as long as we eventually agree on it.
Example (I like MEC, CGB, CAP and a few others that I won't mention now): Someone comes in and wants to invest in either one of those 3, but then he sees this huge list of altcoins, and he might be attracted by the name, by the hype in the chatbox or the price going up (a pump that he or she is not aware of) and instead invests into one of those "no-use shitcoins".
See where I'm going with this?

Agreed.

Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 09:28:35 PM

As long as there is profit to be made in any shitcoin, no matter how short its life, they will continue to be generated.

Whether it has a functional purpose or not, Cryptsy exist to make a profit and probably not such much for "world peace and harmony". I don't think BV really cares if it's innovative, premined, instamined or whatever as long as he turns a profit. I would expect a few more shitcoins on Cryptsy in the next few days alone. GIL was proof positive of this as the dev gloated about his 180K premine on the forum and dumped 142K of it yesterday and off on the next coin.

~BCX~

Yup, I'm wondering if this is cryptsy's sole purpose too and if the anti-'pre-mine' reasoning is just an excuse? Maybe he makes more profit from dumps than pumps? And GIL is another perfect example. The coin was out what 3 days (?) with no services, and it was listed. Just rubbish. And yes the dev did spam about the recent 'pump' and sure enough he dumped within 24 hours. He even somehow managed to convince the owner of coingas.com to list his coin before he dumped. I bet that guys happy.

whitepaint0909

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 09:31:56 PM

Yah Pre-mine cant be what they are using to decide to list a coin or not as Stablecoin had like a 1.5mil pre-mine and the dev has vanished and delivered nothing on his promises, its essentially a dead coin, last I looked one or 2 or the nodes were running on mail servers, and yet it was listed and continues to be traded despite a consistently low hash rate and AWOL Dev.
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 09:35:39 PM

Yah Pre-mine cant be what they are using to decide to list a coin or not as Stablecoin had like a 1.5mil pre-mine and the dev has vanished and delivered nothing on his promises, its essentially a dead coin, last I looked one or 2 or the nodes were running on mail servers, and yet it was listed and continues to be traded despite a consistently low hash rate and AWOL Dev.

Stablecoin is different as it was listed before BV went anti-premine. Ever since then they have listed a crapload of shitcoins.

SBC is different also in that yes the dev has vanished however there may be a legitimate reason behind that. Maybe he died? Who knows? He certainly was very active up until his last post and had a lot of things in development. One things for sure, despite the premine there never was a dump despite cryptsy's fears of such. Check the trade history on cryptsy and look at the volume traded. The spikes in volume where when the coins value was comparatively low.

BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 10:06:03 PM

Stablecoin is different as it was listed before BV went anti-premine. Ever since then they have listed a crapload of shitcoins.

SBC is different also in that yes the dev has vanished however there may be a legitimate reason behind that. Maybe he died? Who knows? He certainly was very active up until his last post and had a lot of things in development. One things for sure, despite the premine there never was a dump despite cryptsy's fears of such. Check the trade history on cryptsy and look at the volume traded. The spikes in volume where when the coins value was comparatively low.
We started considering pre-mines once the number of coins started jumping and profit dumping seems to be the incentive for the premines. It doesn't mean it wont be considered it means that fair release coins will get a higher priority as the coins were made by folks who have more incentive to stick with their release. We still have redcoin on the list its just not its turn to be added above the fairer trader friendly fair release coins.
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 10:14:45 PM

We started considering pre-mines once the number of coins started jumping and profit dumping seems to be the incentive for the premines. It doesn't mean it wont be considered it means that fair release coins will get a higher priority as the coins were made by folks who have more incentive to stick with their release. We still have redcoin on the list its just not its turn to be added above the fairer trader friendly fair release coins.

Fair enough. But why list coins that have no services and no value outside your exchange simply because they werent pre-mined? Why will people buy these coins from your exchange other than to try & pump the price so they can then dump them? Are these coins somehow more valuable in your eyes (obviously even if their dumped you make a profit) than coins that may have a pre-mine even though at least some of that pre-mine has been used to provide services & add value to the coin? And how does a dev provide services for his coin without a pre-mine?

Personally I think your missing the 'bigger picture' here when you analyse coins for listing. Since you made 'pre-mines' a 'con' (in consideration of a coin for listing) the coins listed have been a lot more 'valueless' than before you added this criteria.

BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 10:19:19 PM

Fair enough. But why list coins that have no services and no value outside your exchange simply because they werent pre-mined? Why will people buy these coins from your exchange other than to try & pump the price so they can then dump them? Are these coins somehow more valuable in your eyes than coins that may have a pre-mine with at least some of that pre-mine being used to provide services & add value to the coin? And how does a dev provide services for his coin without a pre-mine?
With his own money I think most of the fair release coins have gotten every service you speak of for free. CAPs, HBN have many supporters which coin do you think doesnt?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 155 »
  Print  

Jump to: