Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:01:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Private Coin?  (Read 2398 times)
orkoso

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:14:39 PM

The only one without a richlist is Monero.
Blackbytes doesn't have a richlist either. It's so private, it's not even traded at centralized exchanges.

But if it is not traded is not really liquid and that is a must.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:12:15 PM

B O O M

private in-n-out gateway for XSPEC to be implemeneted in the next release of a decentrilized exchange working on TOR

To be properly decentralized, one must avoid single points of failure:

Bisq does not hold any bitcoins. All are held in multisignature addresses rather than a Bisq-controlled wallet.
Bisq does not hold any national currency. National currency is transferred directly from one trader to the other.
Bisq uses a Peer-to-Peer network over Tor. This means there are no servers to be hacked or DDoS’d.
Bisq does not know the traders. No data is stored on who trades with whom.
Bisq does not require registration. This means privacy is maintained, there are no “approval” wait times, and identity theft becomes impossible.
Bisq does not operate its arbitration system – traders themselves choose from an open and decentralized market of arbitrators.
Bisq is not a company. It is an open source project aiming to organize as a Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO).
Bisq is self-funded by the efforts of its volunteers and contributions of donors.

2018 is going to be a year of SPECTRECOIN

Yep, agree with that one. If you can trade coins anonymously and the coin itself has privacy features then i would have to say it is definitely worth investing in - especially when it is only trading at $2, look at the value of Monero!
oaks05

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:42:57 AM

cloakcoin just hit new ATH the past hour, open source after audit is done, lots of room for growth still get in while you can.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
vovannovig2

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:39:26 AM

The best private coin should have Privacy Addresses and Ring-sig/Mixing such coins as: Monero, Bytecoin, ZCash, Spectrecoin.

But if we talk about the best private coin in half a year, then if Spectrecoin will be integrated with BISQ (anonymous decentralized exchange) then Spectrecoin will have end-to-end privacy using privacy addresses & ring-sig. No one will know from whom I bought this coin, when I bought it and sold, and how much I have them on an anonymous stealth addresses.

One of the biggest markets is China. It follows the path of strict regulation of crypto currency and has a China's state-firewall that will block everything that is forbidden: Tor, anonymous coins (if it will be blocked), ... So no one coin will can be used in China with the exception of those coins that have: Tor + Obfuscator. China's state-firewall can't block only Spectrecoin that has both Tor + Obfuscator.
DeepOnion and Verge has Tor, but hasn't Obfuscator. Yes, you can install Tor and ObfsProxy by yourself, but at one point forget to start them and betray yourself. Only Spectrocoin does this automatically by default.

So if we are talking about a better investment, then the most promising coin, with the smallest market capitalization - is spectrecoin.

I completely agree with you!
I believe in Spectrecoin XSPEC
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 08:32:58 AM

The best private coin should have Privacy Addresses and Ring-sig/Mixing such coins as: Monero, Bytecoin, ZCash, Spectrecoin.

But if we talk about the best private coin in half a year, then if Spectrecoin will be integrated with BISQ (anonymous decentralized exchange) then Spectrecoin will have end-to-end privacy using privacy addresses & ring-sig. No one will know from whom I bought this coin, when I bought it and sold, and how much I have them on an anonymous stealth addresses.

One of the biggest markets is China. It follows the path of strict regulation of crypto currency and has a China's state-firewall that will block everything that is forbidden: Tor, anonymous coins (if it will be blocked), ... So no one coin will can be used in China with the exception of those coins that have: Tor + Obfuscator. China's state-firewall can't block only Spectrecoin that has both Tor + Obfuscator.
DeepOnion and Verge has Tor, but hasn't Obfuscator. Yes, you can install Tor and ObfsProxy by yourself, but at one point forget to start them and betray yourself. Only Spectrocoin does this automatically by default.

So if we are talking about a better investment, then the most promising coin, with the smallest market capitalization - is spectrecoin.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xspec/ Check out "richlist" and "largest wallets" to see why its privacy claims are BS.

Belief isn't going to stop someone from using the blockchain to analyze how many coins you have--that's not how technology works.

Diablesfunis

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:50:30 AM

Among the private coin i like monero the most, simply because it's the most developed and already has a huge community behind it and the price keep growing. There's some new privacy coin like spectrecoin but it's still new.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
trainasauruswrecks

Activity: 135

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:08:39 AM

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
              Native TOR+OBFS4 ● Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon! ● Ghost Protocol              
XSPEC SlackTwitter  ◆ FacebookWebsite
TeeSS

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:45:22 AM

This was easy one. Spectrecoin XSPEC hands down. This coin will rocket soon. Remember who told you this and see u at the lambo store next year.
zander09

Activity: 546

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:34:10 AM

Among the private coin i like monero the most, simply because it's the most developed and already has a huge community behind it and the price keep growing. There's some new privacy coin like spectrecoin but it's still new.

Monero is the most coin i see that many people wants to hold, I'm thinking now to buy monero and hold it. I also watch the video of monero in you tube and i think its a good if i hold it.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 12:32:09 PM

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xspec/ Check out "richlist" and "largest wallets" to see why its privacy claims are BS.

Belief isn't going to stop someone from using the blockchain to analyze how many coins you have--that's not how technology works.
Spectrecoin has two type of addresses: not-anonymous and anonymous(stealth). In the "richlist" and "largest wallets" you can see only not-anonymous addresses, who doesn't want to hide money. But you can't see any anonymous(stealth) addresses, tell me how much money is in this my stealth address? You can't, but you can send me money to this address.
smYoRN5Kna3jo3eeAnrqoDECzG59WDajtsNZHMGZEaA9sxEYwtQDZUnGBCKM5BmXBVU4K6vKH7b6s4X oNiV7yJB8vDkhzq6HjsfMbp

Exchange BISQ will work with anonymous(stealth) addresses by default.

The problem (a well known one) with running optional privacy is that you create taint and later when you think your coins are safe on an exchange, the exchange can cite KYC/AML concerns and hold your coins--not the good hodl. TBH, I've never looked deeply at spectrecoin, but this problem is so obvious, I don't need to, but if do, I'm sure I'll find worse. Still not sure how you have staking with privacy, so that might be interesting to investigate....

vectisitch
Legendary

Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:47:43 PM

i'm biased as i hold a lot of deeponion. i like privacy coins as i see their future as very bright. now lets try to put some truth to some of these statements.

a false airdrop? does it really matter how it's named? airdrop,bounty campaighn,signature campaign. it matters not. the fact is that the premined coins are there in the wallets for all to see. thay are given freely without asking for financial investment.
the devs are reaching their goals as promised and have taken on more devs to speed up development. the planned feautres will make it as good as any privacy coin out there but wqe have a great community which will drive us forward. it's a no brainer.
deeponion will not amount to anything? really? and you know this do you? didn't they say that about bitcoin? don't they say that about every coin that comes out? of cpourse they do. and what do we all do when the coin takes off? we cry about not getting in early.
these are all truths. why not get in early and collect some? you know,just in case it does take off.

to just dismiss it with all the growth it has done since day 1 and the massive community it has behind it is very foolhardy. and i consider myself a bit educated in all things crypto.
 it's your choice.

disclaimer: i am not against any other privacy coin, i like privacy coins.
TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 03:10:37 AM

I have been taking a long look into Decred as of recent, it might be a coin that can be a huge competitor of Monero and Zcash.

Positivebetting
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 05:22:01 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2017, 05:36:39 AM by generalizethis

KYC/AML on some exchanges - is the problem of any coins private / non-private.
An exchange BISQ hasn't any KYC/AML, hasn't limits, doesn't verify and doesn't know your IP because it works via Tor. Also for example Binance exchange has limit 2 BTC/day for unverified preson for any coins ($30-40K per day or ~10 M$ per year at this moment). And Bitfinex hasn't withdrawal limit for unverified preson, except USD, EUR, USDT. Yes, these exchanges will know how many coins bought by your account, also exchanges will know generated secondary stealth addresses and can see money on them.
1. But exchanges can not match your account and your person, because you are not verified.
2. Also any next money transfers after withdrawal make it impossible to know now is it your new addresses and money, or already another person has them.
So this is not such a big problem if you use Binance/Bitfinex/..., and there is very small problems if you use decentralized autonomous exchange BISQ. Let me remind you, we talked about any private/non-private coins.

The problem isn't KYC/AML for coins, but that exchanges and governments can perform chain analysis on SOME coins.

Also, IP masking is trivial to add to any coin, so not sure why that is a selling point. Onchain anonymity is the hard part and that's where the majority of coins that have privacy claims fail.

The exact scenario that I'm talking about is I depostit my funds on an exchange, they scan the blockchain and see that a private tx happaned and report it to a regulatory agency and hold the funds. With Monero every XMR is indistingishable from another Monero, so there isn't this problem. Even if Spectre coin is anonymous, which I highly doubt, they failed to make every coin indistinguishable from the next, which means anyone can single out a private tx as supicious.

I'm guessing the vast majority of tx are not private, so you have a reduced anonymity set anyways, so a timing attack to reveal identity is more likely.

As long as you fail at fungibility, you will have residual effects on privacy. Unless of course you are discussing quantum money, which doesn't exist yet.

GCforce

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

Cryptomaster @ DeepOnion Deep:Vault:Protocol:Send

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 05:35:47 AM

Ah found a good thread. It has to be DeepOnion Tor Integrated Cryptocurrency has unique technology with DeepVault
This is a cryptographic file verification application that allows for copyrighting of digital documents after being registered on the blockchain

Here are a few posters. X-Files meme Smiley

StarTrek Technical DATA  Roll Eyes

Crypto The final frontier These are the voyages of DeepOnion Altcoin Enterprise NOICO 2017  Grin
Its 40 week mission to explore new blockchain innovation To seek out new tech and new members
To boldly go where no Altcoin has gone before

BTTF

BTTF Video https://youtu.be/H39NJbH2O5g  Wink

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
Blockchain File Signatures
deeponion.org
srqrebel

Activity: 256

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:44:29 AM

Even if Spectre coin is anonymous, which I highly doubt, they failed to make every coin indistinguishable from the next, which means anyone can single out a private tx as supicious.

That is a pretty unequivocal allegation.  How exactly do you distinguish one coin from another in a matrix of stealth transactions involving ring signatures?  Are you deliberately ignoring the fact that stealth transactions are soon going to be the default in Spectrecoin, along with stealth coin withdrawal from exchanges?

That is like saying Monero lacks network privacy, knowing full well that Kovri is around the corner.  It is being disingenuous at best.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 05:54:59 AM

Even if Spectre coin is anonymous, which I highly doubt, they failed to make every coin indistinguishable from the next, which means anyone can single out a private tx as supicious.

That is a pretty unequivocal allegation.  How exactly do you distinguish one coin from another in a matrix of stealth transactions involving ring signatures?  Are you deliberately ignoring the fact that stealth transactions are soon going to be the default in Spectrecoin, along with stealth coin withdrawal from exchanges?

That is like saying Monero lacks network privacy, knowing full well that Kovri is around the corner.  It is being disingenuous at best.

I'm talking about how it exist (today) as you yourself described it--I have no idea what spectre plans on doing or how they plan on achieving it. BUT, my first question is: How are stakes doled out and privacy maintained in this future spectre?

Network security isn't tx privacy and is trivial to do yourself. Can a user add onchain anonymity trivially (and yes, I mean every tx so as to not mark mine as different).

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 10:48:42 AM

Also, IP masking is trivial to add to any coin, so not sure why that is a selling point. Onchain anonymity is the hard part and that's where the majority of coins that have privacy claims fail.

The exact scenario that I'm talking about is I depostit my funds on an exchange, they scan the blockchain and see that a private tx happaned and report it to a regulatory agency and hold the funds. With Monero every XMR is indistingishable from another Monero, so there isn't this problem.
You are talking about Stealth Address and Ring Signature, so Monero and Spectrecoin have them. Yes, I agree, that non-stealth addresses should be absent in the wallet of privacy coin.
Also I am talking not only about IP masking, for example, what will you do if China's state firewall will ban Monero network protocol? China's state firewall already banned Tor and it controls VPNs.

Then TOR integration is pointless for those that choose to bake it in, not sure what your point is. Monero can be used over any network, hence why using it with TOR is trivial, or you can use it over I2p or the regular internet. The point of a decentralized P2P is to be robust on all available networks--if no networks are available, then no networks are available.

Not sure why you bolded the part above and then agreed with my point on all wallets being private--or maybe you didn't... If not, you are failing to grasp the necesity of fungibility for digital cash--if your coin isn't fungible, you lost the right to claim it's cash.

jeanpierre

Activity: 308

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:18:38 AM

Humm...the best private coin for me is Monero I think. Because their marketcap is very high so the price is less volatile as the other small coin. But I don't really like the developpers behind it, a few months ago they announced a big news but then it turned out to be a prank just to warn people not to trust anyone.

Deeponion looks like a good alternative too but there are too many deeponion shills on this forum, so be careful.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]               Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program               [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●     TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
Razor5

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:04:51 PM

I don't think there is a big competition in anonymous coins because Monero is way too good than other so called competitors.
Monero is the first coin to rise when market is green again.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Partizanai

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:19:58 PM

(ITNS) intense coin is 4 month old privacy based coin, it has a steady growth. in near future it will implement VPN features in to it's wallet.
intensecoin.com
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2090765.0
give it a look it may be a great investment since the coin is still young and cheap and has a lot of potential to grow. It is listed only in one exchange, after more listing and improved liquidity price will go up.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: