Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:00:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can any government ban Bitcoin?  (Read 3277 times)
ICO Lancer

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 11:05:09 AM

As I know in some countries crypto currencies are banned. Today I red news that chine is restricting electricity to mining farms, it is not banning but step forward to serious restrictions.
Miles123

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:23:28 AM

It depends on your country but governments can't ban Bitcoin because this is decentralized. Nobody can control of the changes here. This is a online currency you can hold this money if you convert your btc to real money.
Sumansharma

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:29:26 AM

Hello....

Hopefully not...  Because there is Nothing went wrong with the bitcoin till now.. 
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:43:57 PM

Yes, as of now there are some countries already banned the bitcoin because they still not be able to find a ways to control bitcoin, it is anonymmous so it makes governments harder to trace and charge taxes on Bitcoin. Beacuase bitcoins are still outlawed and unregulated.

I din't think its a question anymore if any country can ban btc because obviously, since they govern, they can do that. It probably would be a question if they will consider the opportunities that bitcoin presents to its people
It depends upon the government of the concerned country because a strong government can ban bitcoin very easily for example when the government of china intended to ban the ICO in their country then all of us have observed that they really banned it. I am very positive that it wont happen.
Cryptoshops

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:48:10 PM

I think if the government wanted to stop Bitcoin they could just stop people from transfering it into real money It would become worthless then
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:10:17 PM

Bitcoin has been around the borders of financial markets for less than a decade, but is slowly gaining importance as an alternative asset class.
Can the government of any major country step in and do the unlikely?
Yes of course, the government has the power to ban bitcoin in their place because of some major reasons. The government also has the power to legalize it. Most of the countries that legalize the idea of bitcoin have a well developed economy.
Yes nobody can challenge the orders of the government so I also think that if a government want to ban bitcoin they can do it on the other hand they can also legalize it in a glance so I would like to gave the example of Japan which is the most developed and powerful country in the world they have took a practical step of legalizing bitcoin in their country  
aji567

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:29:00 PM

The government can not ban bitcoin transactions because bitcoin is not controlled by the government and has been decentralized and uses peer to peer technology to communicate.
vkwame30

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:30:45 PM

It will be hard since if a any government succeed in banning url to exchanges to buy and sell bitcoins, people can use vpn of another country to access it.
aannnttoo

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:37:26 PM

absolutely yes!! Government have power, they can do anything. in my country they ban bitcoin, they dont know what bitcoin means.
cryptocue

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:51:13 PM

Yes government has the right to ban cryptocurrencies if they want to,but if that happens people wont stop using it because they will always find their ways.

nicko122

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:14:02 PM

I do not think that it will be fair to crypto investors. But at this stage, China and Russia are negative about bitcoin.
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:16:33 PM

Bitcoin has been around the borders of financial markets for less than a decade, but is slowly gaining importance as an alternative asset class.
No government can be able to ban bitcoin because the bitcoin network is peer-to-peer and fully decentralized. To completely ban bitcoin in your country you need to shutdown the internet and go back to instant stone age. Smiley
Odlanyer

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:21:56 PM

Bitcoin is not owned or controlled by any government or corporation, but i think the government can't stop the circulation of bitcoin currencies because bitcoin currency is a virtual currency that circulates using the Internet network.
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:34:35 PM

For the most part, on the list of countries that have declared btc illegal... nearly every single one is a third world or developing country.   The only thing that will make serious waves are if the top 20 economies of the world start to ban it.    At present, it's still green across the top of the board.

sent from my X6
Gusbaaa

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:37:32 PM

Every country in the world can ban Bitcoin in its jurisdiction but they can not really stop its citizens because there are so many ways to access Bitcoin if people insist on using it.

I do not see any reason for any government in the world to ban Bitcoin because this is not an illegal type of digital money even though bad people can do different types of cyber crime with it but that is not a valid reason for me because FIAT money can use also in doing bad activity.
Punisherx100

Activity: 122
Merit: 23

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:39:29 PM

I think there is a big possiblity that some government may ban Bitcoin given the fact that it is not taxed. Big transactions are taking place in Bitcoin so therefore it should pay taxes. Here in our country, Philippines, the organization (UCPB) that is responsible for currency advices us to be careful in enganging with Bitcoin since they are not regulated it. They are not totally banned Bitcoin but gives as a reminder about it. I think governments will not banned Bitcoin as long as it is taxed.

hynext

Activity: 350
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:54:27 PM

Yes they can ban it if many users of bitcoin do illegal activities. If they used bitcoin to legal activities maybe government will not ban or regulate it.
barabut

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:04:16 PM

Small amounts of hidden transactions with digital money, this is acceptable in the first place, but it will be difficult to get tax and follow up the crime with the growth of the amount. I think authorities will go to the regulations to bring the end of the line.
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:56:09 PM

I don't think that any government can ban Bitcoin because here a recent example of last year legalisation of Bitcoin by the Japan government is clearly showing that what the Bitcoin is because Japan is that country which is at the topper in case of technology and and also development , so here we can expect that they can stop Bitcoin by better technology but they realise after better analysis that Bitcoin cannot be stop and also it can't be ban because people will still use it for their profit by using vpn or another services .
So they regulated it , with this example of Bitcoin legalisation in Japan we can make ourself sure that there no chance of Bitcoin ban in those countries where Bitcoin is not legalised yet.
Sean25pogi

Activity: 364
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:03:48 PM

Yes! They can ban bitcoin, because bitcoin doesn't pay taxes in the government that's why the government are angry in the bitcoin but when the people pay taxes the government will allow it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: