Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:05:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can any government ban Bitcoin?  (Read 3267 times)
Juzion

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:55:19 AM

no way to ban bitcoin, only possible way to ban bitcoin with ban of internet in the world    Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
escrow4acc

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 11:06:01 AM

Clip the wings as possible, but time consuming. If one of the rich countries want, it can upset the system. For example buy a lot of Bitcoins, and then quickly put up for sale. I hope that this will not work for anyone.

sidebyside

Activity: 245
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:55:30 AM

Yes . this can happen. If bitcoin has a negative impact on the economies of many countries, and if bitcoin is causing social evils. Countries will ban bitcoin. But in fact it is developing very well and helping a lot of our lives.

liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 12:33:23 PM

Bitcoin has been around the borders of financial markets for less than a decade, but is slowly gaining importance as an alternative asset class.
Can the government of any major country step in and do the unlikely?

This is very likely to happen, and that happened in China about three months ago or more precisely last November 2017.
The Chinese Government has closed "BTCC company" that plays a leading role in every segment of the Bitcoin ecosystem in China.
MAJICOIN

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 12:43:39 PM

Bitcoin is the crypto currency and it is beyond the countries boarders. it is not in the hands of any government if governments have any control regarding to ban bitcoin they will not allow it in the world. and the bitcoin will not survive for this much time. Bitcoin is the internet based currency and the governments has no control over it in the present time. I think the government in the future will allow bitcoin in our country because the governments officials have  now invested their income for high return.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:59:37 PM

Bitcoin has been around the borders of financial markets for less than a decade, but is slowly gaining importance as an alternative asset class.

Yes bitcoins can be banned by the government and as a matter of fact the Chinese government already banned bitcoins in their country and i do not have an idea if it is banned till now but those banning makes the bitcoins fall. I that time bitcoins are struggling and a lot of people are panicking and selling all their bitcoins but look what happen after a month bitcoins came back with a tremendous rise and those people think that the bitcoins are that easily to destroy they are all wrong
No it is not true and if any one country will ban bitcoin then it will not affect bitcoin price at all because bitcoin is growing at this time and it will never stop if a single country quite bitcoin. China banned bitcoin I have heard about it and to be honest I did not find any change in price or anything else so I know bitcoin will not get down if other countries will ban it, in my country bitcoin is not ban and it will not be ban ever.
swpqlhmgp

Activity: 95

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:04:00 PM

A ban on bitcoin trading is entirely possible, after all, a brief order is required to shut down all bitcoin exchanges in the country, but banning bitcoin trading is hard.

Ingoats

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:05:03 PM

Unfortunately, it is indeed possible. It already happened to China whereas Bitcoin exchanges are banned so I think it is alsoo possible fore other countries to do so, but hopefully they won't. Bitcoin is becoming more popular due to its advantages and I am hoping that no more countries will do the same thing as what china did.
kahnchat

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 02:07:41 PM

Yes, indeed.
laracastvue

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:09:08 PM

Yes they can because they are the leaders of the country. The only reason for bitcoins to be banned on a country is, If there is someone who is using it for some illegal transactions like drug laundering, But if people will just obey the rules then we will not have any problem about the banning of bitcoins in our country.
hispout

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:12:48 PM

The government could theoretically prohibit the citizens to use bitcoins for their country but I do not believe that such prohibitions can take effect. People will just ignore such bans. The only weak spot of every user of bitcoin is the use of Fiat. Banks lose out in competition with bitcoin. They can stop all operations and it will be a very serious blow.
Being a civilized citizen of a country we should abide all the orders of our government because it’s our primary duty further more I also think that a good government is always thinking for the betterment of their citizens so I am very hopeful that governments will never ban bitcoin due to the uncountable benefits and at last it also helps in the prosperity and financial stability of a state.
zais

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:46:22 PM

it is not difficult for the government to ban bitcoin at least for now, Bank Indonesia strictly prohibits the use of BitCoin or perhaps in this case all digital currencies in Indonesia
DjTremor

Activity: 151

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:49:28 PM

Unfortunately, it is indeed possible. It already happened to China whereas Bitcoin exchanges are banned so I think it is alsoo possible fore other countries to do so, but hopefully they won't. Bitcoin is becoming more popular due to its advantages and I am hoping that no more countries will do the same thing as what china did.

They can ban it technically, but the result doesn't be like they aimed. The result would be in favor of bitcoin buyers. Being a government should not mean you can ban anything you want in your country.
jacky123

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:51:50 PM

I do not know much about this. I'm just new But as I read about Bitcoin, I learned that bitcoin has been allowed in some countries. But in our country it has no permission.
Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:54:18 PM

Of course they can, while they can't stop it completely but they can force the majority to stop using it. They can close the exchange on the country and the people over there have no means of cashing out their assets and forced to stop using crypto.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
SiDtHeBeSt

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:55:45 PM

Yes, I think any government can ban bitcoin in their countries, as they have the power required to do so. As you may know there are some of the countries where bitcoin is not legal. But I don't think there would be much of a reason to do so for any government, bitcoin is growing and the number of people who want to invest in it keeps on increasing. So, even if it gets banned I think there would bs a huge number of people still owning btc.
nyong

Activity: 213

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:05:04 PM

they can, but they just can banned bitcoin in they country
handini

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:17:27 PM

they can, but they just can banned bitcoin in they country
yes they can but they are quite difficult to prohibit bitcoin running in the country-state. so the news that has been circulating about bitcoin is sometimes true, and sometimes not true or hoak. so it's up to you to believe it or not it's our right.
yhan2x

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:20:30 PM

Maybe yes, other most of the country has been yet legalize. Few of them, but in our country, even the government dont know what bitcoin means. And i think it is possible to be ban if they know it.
Ayush rana

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:27:11 PM

Yes any government can ban bitcoin. If a country's government found increase in illegal activities or the value of bitcoin goes very high as compared to country's currency then also government can ban the bitcoin
For that government can ban or close the exchange services.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: