Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:16:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can any government ban Bitcoin?  (Read 3267 times)
zngit

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:07:25 PM

The government have its own power to manipulate one business and the entire system of the nation. This is another ability of government to do such things. Without the government crypto will easily come faster and rapidly growth in one nation. So the government have its own power either banned bitcoin or welcome it.
Nowherman

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:35:00 PM

Governments can ban bitcoin, but such a ban will not give a positive result. To prohibit bitcoin, the Internet should be banned.
Last fall in China, government tried to prohibit trading bitcoin on crypto exchanges. This ban did not give a positive result,
because people started using Lokalbitcoins to exchange their BTC. As a result, the activity of the exchanges resumed.
By the way, this was one of the factors of the sharp rise in the price of bitcoin to 20,000 USD.

shunga

Activity: 136

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:38:54 PM

Bitcoin has been around the borders of financial markets for less than a decade, but is slowly gaining importance as an alternative asset class.
Can the government of any major country step in and do the unlikely?

Ues it is possible that government ban bitcoin maybe they wait the right time to stop bitcoin in our country. So that while is not happen i enjoy to use bitcoin before ban happen.

●    D A F Z O    ●   A DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL P2P LOGISTICS PLATFORM   ●    D A F Z O    ●
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TelegramFacebookTwitterWhitePaperANNOnePagerYoutubeMediumLinkedIn
regalis

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:46:58 PM

Yes,the government has the right to ban bitcoin or any form of businesses that they think disrespect the law.Anything that violated the law must be accountable for the stoppage of the field.The government must implement their law for them to have a progressive and most improve country.

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
taeewo

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:50:25 PM

This will only happened in an advanced countries where all data are monitored.... We all know Bitcoin is decentralized and can be controlled by anyone but it can be ban by the government blocking all related site for its citizens to trade
ChConcept

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:01:16 PM

Well I think it is possible for a government to totally ban the use of Bitcoin in its country but then it will really be difficult due to the anonimity and decentralized features of it, plus it is going to be hard to forbid people to use it because it is through the internet. But of course they will have their ways and means to do that but I don't think that will happen anytime soon. People from different parts of the world are now seeing the good things that Bitcoin has to offer, a lot of counrties has already legalized it, some are still drafting some guidelines to regulate it so that is a proof that Bitcoin is growing and getting stronger day by day. Hopefully other nations will also follow the lead of those who are open minded and excited for this technological innovation for the betterment of their people's lives.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
codpku

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:05:27 PM

Ofcoures government can do that, but as long the internet doesn't cut
All people will find the way how to reach bitcoin

Doge dealer

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:12:14 PM

Governments can do whatever they want in their sovereign nations but that does not mean that it will stop its trade or popularity , as history has shown us it only serves in the creation of a black market and the creation of power vacuums.bitcoins was  created to supersede borders, individuals and as such it will take more than just some government structure to cripple it. Its only a matter of time before all governments fall in line and openly bow to the power of bitcoins . There initial reason of refusal to accept it immediately is similar in reason to that of banks and financial institutions ........bitcoins will decentralize power.

domerosan10

Activity: 192

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:33:44 PM

it could happen, but the ban would not yield a positive result. In my opinion To be able to ban bitcoin, it is the same forbid to use the internet, because bitcoin is the money that connects to the internet electrically.  Smiley
DILEMONEY

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 04:44:52 PM

I dont think so.. bitcoin is not a property of a government.
SadEmo

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:49:13 PM

They can easily do it in range of their country but it will not probably help. People will find many other ways to use bitcoin or will just move somewhere else.
loginafterregister

Activity: 105

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:16:53 AM

I think it's impossible
tiktak89

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:51:14 AM

I think that some certain countries will still be able to ban bitcoin on the territory of their country. Everything depends on the government and its authority.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
boddy.dy

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:47:10 AM

There is a lot of government that already banned bitcoin in their country. Well that is the power of any government to ban something that they think will bring chaos of even bad things in their land. We and my country men were just happy that our government did not ban bitcoin in our country. And my hopes are so high that the time that our government will ban bitcoin will never come at all. It will be a dooms day for all of us here if that time will come. But as the current stand of bitcoin here that this is giving a lot of good benefits to its users I guess that time will really not come at all.
bigbosma

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:58:06 PM

I think there is no need for all countries of the world to completely ban bitcoin. It's stupid. Yes, there are some States that currently banned bitcoin in their country, but I am sure that the whole world will not do it.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
jorse

Activity: 151

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:29:02 PM

Hello ... everybody, this topic very interesting for me, So in my opinion ...Not only can, even already many countries that prohibit this currency, one of the reasons is this currency can reduce the value of the country's own currency, Can be said not profitable for the country. whereas in my opinion can be opened special business opportunity in digital currency (Cryptocurrency) if only the state government approves it.

Alexis.Nick

Activity: 84
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:05:45 AM

Yes of course any government has this power to not allow any kind of industries, business or even people to enter in their jurisdictions. If I am not mistaken the most popular country that ban bitcoin is the china then many more countries follows. Well they have their different reasons why did they ban bitcoin in their land and we cannot do anything about it because that is their choice and decision. Somehow we are still hopping that their decision will change. Just imagine that if they will change their mind it is just like an additional users for bitcoin. And we all know that additional users will come up with additional investments and demand then the value will increase again.   

⚫  ContractNet.com  ⚫
At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS
████████████ [ JOIN ICO ● 10th MARCH ] ████████████
Saiful Islam777

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:23:38 PM

The government is a regulator of the country. Therefore, if the government wants it can ban it. However, in the past, the discussion on crypto currency is underway and it has no restrictions on controlling it.
klebsiella

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:25:08 PM

Yes, the government can ban bitcoin and there are some countries where bitcoin is banned already. The ban could mean transactions like payments and exchange of bitcoin will no longer accepted in their country and some imposed punishments if they do so. This means that the government can harm the bitcoin economy.

CORNUCOPIA    || Gain Access to Amazing IPOs || [ Pre-Ico 2018 ]

Whitepaper    Facebook TwitterTelegram
454875kio

Activity: 93

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:50:22 AM

The government can of course prohibit Bitcoin. Of course, this is not used, because Bitcoin is distributed. We can still use Bitcoin regardless of policy conditions and Bitcoin users are anonymous. Supervision is impossible
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: