Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:55:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can any government ban Bitcoin?  (Read 3277 times)
Topaz72

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:29:47 PM

Bitcoin has been around the borders of financial markets for less than a decade, but is slowly gaining importance as an alternative asset class.
Can the government of any major country step in and do the unlikely?

Of course its possible to any government to ban bitcoin but i don't think so it is possible why because bitcoin has great features and its highly secured one.
Right bitcoin has a lot of benefits and it has a lot of profit as well, I think government cannot ban bitcoin because it is an independent currency no government can every take command over bitcoin, bitcoin has a lot of properties which makes it independent and it makes bitcoin prominent currency, well as much profit our people are getting from bitcoin then for coming 20 year no government will ban bitcoin at all.
rickn

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:52:42 PM

Of course this can and should happen because there are greedy and centralizing governments and they will not allow their governed people to make a fortune without contributing taxes and jeopardizing the money-making machine of the banks that exploit people
kasianov77

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:01:59 PM

As much as I would like to think about it, I think that States still have such an opportunity. Especially at their cooperation in the solution of this question. On this moment think in this there is no such need.
appleslymphoma

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 01:49:07 PM

I am a newbie and don't know much about btcs anyway even experienced member couldn't tell because btcs are totally unpredictable
Sexie

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:29:01 PM

Yes, of course, this can occur, but I think it is very unlikely right now.

EU will Not Regulate Digital Currencies like Bitcoin: http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/01/26/eu-will-not-regulate-digital-currencies-like-bitcoin/
Federal Reserve Chair: US Central Bank Can't Regulate Bitcoin: https://www.coindesk.com/federal-reserve-chair-us-central-bank-cant-regulate-bitcoin/
China: Banned facebook, twitter, snapchat, gambling, people in the Chinese military are not allowed to access the internet, google,... So I think it is an achievement for BTC that it is "banned" in China  Cheesy

The countries that you have first mentioned are democratic countries. It almost there to understand freedom of using Bitcoin. China is not a democratic country as we all know. And assets of Its nationalities should be transparent to them. They will give punishment to their people who will not follow them. So lucky are the people  of China who live outsize their country. That they Will not be punished of using Bitcoin because it is free for them to use it outsize their country China.

center]EMPIREHOTELS  (EMPC) The Future of Hospitality
--------  WhitepaperTwitter Telegram ?   Instagram ?  [DO NOT POST SESC LINKS]Bitcointalk Thread [/url]    -------  Join our ICO :  feb. 10.2019- March.31.2019 [/center]
Ravenangel

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:34:39 PM

of course governments can ban BTC, INDIA and CHINA did,for their own reasons, governments can consider BTC a threat to the national interest and ban it, there is absolutely nothing stopping them

Bitcoin to the moon
yujinnnnn21

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:36:35 PM

Government can do anything. Maybe they cannot make the bitcoin to go away but they can ban the use of it. But i think it unlikely because government can also profit from bitcoin. The fact that people need to convert it to fiat before you can transact has fee so yeah government can tax it and make profit  from it

Well, That’s rught. Government can ban bitcoin inside their country but Any Government will not able to prevent their people to access Bitcoin. By using Virtual Private Network or also known as VPN, We can easily access other sites by using other country’s IP address. And that’s what the people doing once Bitcoin banned in their country.
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:36:04 AM

Bitcoin is not owned or controlled by any government or corporation. Bitcoin network is peer to peer and fully decentralized.

You are correct there dude bitcoin cant be controlled by anything people even the government Because of its quality and features . I think government can only do is make a regulation about how the people use it or make a law that will govern how to use bitcoin.
I agree too.The government cannot totally ban bitcoin since it is regulated in a decentralized form.And it would give them hard times identifying the users knowing we are not using our real identities.What the government can do is to impose laws against bitcoin and giving sanctions to those who violate their laws.

You are right, government can only impose laws on the user and not the bitcoin system itself as it is decentralized. Plus it runs thru the internet which is today a minimum requirement for almost any businesses, schools, homes and etc.

The government can only ban their people from using bitcoin just like how China does, but they can't ban using the bitcoin all over the world. The bitcoin banning by some countries such as China will never kill bitcoin as it lives on the internet. thus, other people around the world will continue using bitcoin just like me and you now. 
FurDich

Activity: 208

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:39:19 AM

Bitcoin has been around the borders of financial markets for less than a decade, but is slowly gaining importance as an alternative asset class.
Well for me i think yes it is possible for I think that they oppose or they don't like bitcoin because it will be a disadvantage to the government especially that they can't get any taxes to people who has bitcoin or the money they earned in bitcoin.
zhea

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:57:48 AM

Yes there will be possibilities that government can ban bitcoin. But first of all I think government should also consider that bitcoin help people make lives better instead of banning it why just consider some various reasons and benefits that bitcoin brought to the people and to the economy as well. People earn and afford to buy things to sustain their daily needs so a good effect to the development of the people. Maybe much better if the government just impose tax on it so that the tax being collected from bitcoin can be a source of funds in putting up projects for the people.
Dod Ong

Activity: 323
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:34:03 AM

I think no one government can ban the bitcoin because the bitcoin is very powerful and for me it is not illegal. But if all the government helping each other to ban the bitcoin so it has a possibility to ban the bitcoin. I dont want to ban the bitcoin because the bitcoin is my only source of income and I love the bitcoin.
ntodntodan69

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:18:29 AM

there are already some countries who dare to accept bitcoin in their country but not a few countries that have banned bitcoin in their country. all return to the readiness of individual countries to be able to accept the risk if indeed they decide to accept bitcoin
Ahimoth

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:21:39 AM

Well for me i think yes it is possible for I think that they oppose or they don't like bitcoin because it will be a disadvantage to the government especially that they can't get any taxes to people who has bitcoin or the money they earned in bitcoin.
Sad to say but that's the truth it can be possible depends upon the government. Bitcoin will be illegal if a country doesn't accept bitcoin or it will be useless at all. But it cannot be stop because the only way to do it is shut down the internet. The only problem with bitcoin which can be done by government is to ban it.
serverus

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:21:38 AM

Government of ones country has the ability to ban bitcoin.just like what china did. Maybe they see some threats that will affect their economy.
Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:27:46 AM

Government of ones country has the ability to ban bitcoin.just like what china did. Maybe they see some threats that will affect their economy.
Maybe it will happen one day, but i doubt that it will happen in this year becayse now the bitcoin are going stonger and stronger . Manu countries are going to accept it although there's some countries still don't accept bitcoin. The government banned the bitcoin  only in their country but not all over the world
mustafizur8400

Activity: 86

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:10:38 AM

Government can only say its illegal but can't stop people from using this as long as internet facility is available among general people. All functions are done online and has no border.
Houseman

Activity: 156

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:58:02 AM

I know there are some countries ban bitcoin and also other coins but what i wonder is government will use what kind of method to restrict their people to invest? Like China, to capture the miner or to put out more rules and regulation? Is there any other action taken by other country?

▮▮█ # metahashYour Gate to Decentralized Internet# metahash █▮▮
#TraceChain#MetaApps#MetaGate#MetaHashCoin
▮▮█▬▬▬▬▬❰Facebook❱▬❰Twitter❱▬❰Telegram❱▬❰Ann thread❱▬▬▬▬▬█▮▮
MASDAS87

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 03:27:33 AM

I think government can bitcoin illegal and it is possible. The government have right to do that. but can not trace who are the using of bitcoin.

rohican

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:55:19 AM

The first Contry which for bids the bitcoin in Bangladesh. Bangladesh began to ban bitcoid used in the country since september 22, 2014 on the grounds that bitcoin could potentially become a place of state official doing money laundring.
eriwis

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:17:42 AM

Some counties ban bitcoin to be used for transactions in their country, such as China, India, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Ecuador, etc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: