Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:12:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which alts are REAL prospects  ..they exist ..they are coded out ..they are functional  (they are not just dreams and bullshit white papers) and have a REAL usecase...also add your own project so long as it meets the criteria in the first POST. Let's aim
Bitbay - 56 (11.1%)
Blocknet - 45 (8.9%)
Byteball - 110 (21.9%)
PivX - 37 (7.4%)
Komodo - 47 (9.3%)
Sys - 34 (6.8%)
Waves - 92 (18.3%)
Game credits - 19 (3.8%)
Bitshares - 25 (5%)
Ardor - 38 (7.6%)
Total Voters: 321

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE ONLY ALTS THAT ARE REAL PROJECTS HERE !!!!---------CURRENT JULY 2018!! POLL!  (Read 10548 times)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:06:42 PM

Great to see so many people taking the time to write a reply and say what they voted for.

I am still finding it shocking there are not more REAL projects on this entire board.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:28:08 PM

We are still quite a long way from having a few thousand votes.  Would be good to get some real power behind this vote.

And

Some new projects suggested.

neatworld

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:43:02 PM

Just to offer an alternative perspective to your call for voters and real projects: I am a relative newbie to the crypto world. I bought my first portion of BTC in order to invest in ETN's ICO. (don't judge  Tongue). So I've been in crypto for less than a couple of months.  I would love to vote or add some info but at this moment I'm doing my best to learn all I can so that I can make smarter investments than my first one. Threads like yours are gold because there is real content, and real information rather than just a bunch of shilling.

So maybe I haven't added to your number of votes, but you can be assured that I am reading up on and following your top coins closely, and probably going to purchase some once the opportunity arises. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one doing this. So in a way I hope this adds 'power' to your voting, albeit in a quieter way...

Thanks so much to the major contributors on this thread for being so generous with your knowledge!
n64

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:00:25 PM

We are still quite a long way from having a few thousand votes.  Would be good to get some real power behind this vote.

And

Some new projects suggested.

Just added my vote.  I read the byteball whitepaper off your suggestion and was shocked that I hadn't heard of it before.  Really a fantastic project and amazingly low market cap, all things considered.  Here's to a big year for ByteBall and DAG in general.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:44:03 PM

Just to offer an alternative perspective to your call for voters and real projects: I am a relative newbie to the crypto world. I bought my first portion of BTC in order to invest in ETN's ICO. (don't judge  Tongue). So I've been in crypto for less than a couple of months.  I would love to vote or add some info but at this moment I'm doing my best to learn all I can so that I can make smarter investments than my first one. Threads like yours are gold because there is real content, and real information rather than just a bunch of shilling.

So maybe I haven't added to your number of votes, but you can be assured that I am reading up on and following your top coins closely, and probably going to purchase some once the opportunity arises. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one doing this. So in a way I hope this adds 'power' to your voting, albeit in a quieter way...

Thanks so much to the major contributors on this thread for being so generous with your knowledge!

Thanks to you and the poster below. You are welcome and I hope you guys can stick around on this thread and ask whatever questions you like.

I do not have all the answers and there are posters here with 100x more knowledge than myself.

However it is great to get a thread going that will highlight ALL of the REAL projects as they meet the criteria in the OP.

This will be a community discussion and we will together analyse the projects deeply to ensure they are REAL. It does not mean some project not able to meet the criteria will not one day meet the criteria just until they do they just need to get out of dreams and talks fantasy white papers and have something tangible to show. I mean you may think well by that time they will cost magnitudes more??? well it seems to me people are almost valuing these projects as if they are fully built and functioning (just without the adoption they claim they will gain). To me most new projects are merely start ups that could not raise funds in any other way so they hopped on the crypto fomo train. We will see if they have devs with the skill set to actually build this fantasy they paint in their white papers.

Anyway this thread is not here to slate other project or say negative things about them individually. This is a thread and challenge to scour this board and find the REAL project that exist right now.

Thanks for voting or if you have not yet voted you can research and vote or research and add another possible project to be added. Please if suggesting a project follow the format others have whom have had projects added.

If the community digests this and thinks it should be added. It gets added.

Also you can alter your votes at anytime if you get new information that changes your mind.

CorePrime95

Activity: 190
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:14:46 PM

I mean you may think well by that time they will cost magnitudes more??? well it seems to me people are almost valuing these projects as if they are fully built and functioning (just without the adoption they claim they will gain). To me most new projects are merely start ups that could not raise funds in any other way so they hopped on the crypto fomo train. We will see if they have devs with the skill set to actually build this fantasy they paint in their white papers.

I find the current situation even worse, many new projects don't even have new ideas, they just copy old ideas & code with a new logo.
I think this thread could be a good starting point for people new to the cryptosphere. Its easy to get influenced by marketing so vaporware coins can rise high - but sooner or later people will notice which coins are vapor and the prices crashes.
WinTokens

Activity: 41

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 10:56:03 PM

I'm surprised ARDR is not on this list?

1. Proven development team - already fully functioning product/software. Tweaks and improvements yet to come fine but the core product is functioning already.
It's from the developers of NXT, an already proven team of programmers.  NXT was a completely new cryptocurrency written from the ground up (not a bitcoin cloin). ARDR is the next evolution of NXT. It's been in development for over a year already. Testnet released, Mainnet to launch Jan 1st 2018.

2. Obvious Use case
The beauty of ARDR is its not looking to solve problems that don't exist yet. It's features have real world cases that are useful to current-day businesses. BaaS (Blockchain-as-a-Service) could be utilized by big brands (think customer loyalty points cards), insurance companies (immutable data), banks (obviously) and many other services. Child chains allow any entity to create and control their own blockchain easily and solve the current blockchain bloat dilemma (Bitcoin, Ethereum).

3. Not already in the top 10
With such corporate appeal its surprising more people aren't supporting it. The team is very active, attending and speaking at blockchain conventions/conferences. I suggest checking the twitter.

4. Initial distributional method
Everyone who held NXT during the Snapshot period was credited ARDR tokens on a 1:1 basis.

5. Long term commitment and proven staying power
The Jeluruda foundation raised over $150,000,000 in their IGNIS ICO which was open for months and sold 50% of all IGNIS. IGNIS is the first child chain of ARDR. The only way to get IGNIS now is to hold ARDR during the snapshot at the end of december to be credited .5:1 IGNIS to ARDR.
Obviously you can just look at NXT to see the teams long term commitment and staying power. With their current budget they can afford development and marketing for years to come.

desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:09:40 PM

I think there are some other project with really real project out there but i could not know how to explain.
But at least my favorite is in poll. That is waves. And i think bitshare also very real too.
And maybe i can add binary.com ico ( binary is option trading company which has been exist sin some years ago ).
But sorry i could not expalain well.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:30:29 PM

I'm surprised ARDR is not on this list?

1. Proven development team - already fully functioning product/software. Tweaks and improvements yet to come fine but the core product is functioning already.
It's from the developers of NXT, an already proven team of programmers.  NXT was a completely new cryptocurrency written from the ground up (not a bitcoin cloin). ARDR is the next evolution of NXT. It's been in development for over a year already. Testnet released, Mainnet to launch Jan 1st 2018.

2. Obvious Use case
The beauty of ARDR is its not looking to solve problems that don't exist yet. It's features have real world cases that are useful to current-day businesses. BaaS (Blockchain-as-a-Service) could be utilized by big brands (think customer loyalty points cards), insurance companies (immutable data), banks (obviously) and many other services. Child chains allow any entity to create and control their own blockchain easily and solve the current blockchain bloat dilemma (Bitcoin, Ethereum).

3. Not already in the top 10
With such corporate appeal its surprising more people aren't supporting it. The team is very active, attending and speaking at blockchain conventions/conferences. I suggest checking the twitter.

4. Initial distributional method
Everyone who held NXT during the Snapshot period was credited ARDR tokens on a 1:1 basis.

5. Long term commitment and proven staying power
The Jeluruda foundation raised over $150,000,000 in their IGNIS ICO which was open for months and sold 50% of all IGNIS. IGNIS is the first child chain of ARDR. The only way to get IGNIS now is to hold ARDR during the snapshot at the end of december to be credited .5:1 IGNIS to ARDR.
Obviously you can just look at NXT to see the teams long term commitment and staying power. With their current budget they can afford development and marketing for years to come.

Hey great post.

There is no reason I can see why it is not there too. I shall add it. If people don't wish it there then they should explain which of the criteria it fails to meet. I can see none right now So I will add ARDR

SaintFlow

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

The first is by definition not flawed.

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:39:12 PM

Since I do not actually expect people to google the "Byteball hair saloon" in Kyoto Japan I thought I will provide some links from Byteballs inofficial Wiki which documents the project "in real time" thanks to one tireless user called "Slackjore" who runs a Byteball Faucet in the projects slack (Just Go there and declare "jaucet" and give an address).

www.byteroll.com/cashback
Or via  wiki.byteball.org
cashback merchants

Just quickly explained: what is a cashback merchant?
Any merchant can apply for the program. If he gets accepted his customers will get 10% of their purchase price returned to them curtosy of Byteball initial distribution. If the customer pays in Byteball a 20% cashback is provided. It costs the merchants nothing but may bring him customers and can grow the Byteball userbase.

Have a look what happend in Milano Italy. It started with one restaurant and word of mouth spread. If I understand it correctly there is a small nucleus of 12 shops spreading the word. For more Information see:
https://byteball.org/milan/

Let me speak a few words on the titan-coin ICO that is Part of Byteballs platform and just finished the pre-ico successfull: the money will be used to built a titan processing factory that secures the funds collected to buy industrial equipment with the unprocessed ore they already own. This I evaluate as another real world economic impact by Byteball. Not bad for first year of comming into existance.

Parts of Byteball are still bleeding edge raw like the byteball.market (no www and no .com). Your Browser will get you to a place where with the "Asset Manager" Byteball subtokens can be made without coding in the headless wallet (Byteball Pro-tool).

Other things are not quite catching on within the community. Example: Byteball.garden (No .com) which may grow to a social Network when more persistance than slack, telegramm etc. becomes desireable. Currently it is orphaned. Byteballs reddit however is doing OK. Its just not my thing.

Having volunteered at #helpdesk in the Byteball Slack I can attest that some users do have some trouble getting started ("explaining the airdrop again") but no major bugs exist (thats why I volunteered - I needed to know!). Yes some people fuck up the Blackbytes in their wallet with restoring out of date backups (i.e. after they had send BlackBytes... and then they restore). If that happens take it to helpdesk  Grin.

Meanwhile I have seen the japanese community having Byteball maskott drawing competitions. New users with Japanese Name appear almost daily in the Slack.

I hope I have stated my point fair and straight foreward enough (See my previous post, too) why Byteball may be the next big thing and hope for feedback. If any one of the WAVES people could elaborate their point I would love to read that. PIVX is clear to me. Game credits target audiance seems to me to narrow to be world scale (don't be discouraged - fire on all engines!)
While I was writing this the ARDR post was made. How can find out more?

don't let me make you question your assumptions
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:27:47 AM

Since I do not actually expect people to google the "Byteball hair saloon" in Kyoto Japan I thought I will provide some links from Byteballs inofficial Wiki which documents the project "in real time" thanks to one tireless user called "Slackjore" who runs a Byteball Faucet in the projects slack (Just Go there and declare "jaucet" and give an address).

www.byteroll.com/cashback
Or via  wiki.byteball.org
cashback merchants

Just quickly explained: what is a cashback merchant?
Any merchant can apply for the program. If he gets accepted his customers will get 10% of their purchase price returned to them curtosy of Byteball initial distribution. If the customer pays in Byteball a 20% cashback is provided. It costs the merchants nothing but may bring him customers and can grow the Byteball userbase.

Have a look what happend in Milano Italy. It started with one restaurant and word of mouth spread. If I understand it correctly there is a small nucleus of 12 shops spreading the word. For more Information see:
https://byteball.org/milan/

Let me speak a few words on the titan-coin ICO that is Part of Byteballs platform and just finished the pre-ico successfull: the money will be used to built a titan processing factory that secures the funds collected to buy industrial equipment with the unprocessed ore they already own. This I evaluate as another real world economic impact by Byteball. Not bad for first year of comming into existance.

Parts of Byteball are still bleeding edge raw like the byteball.market (no www and no .com). Your Browser will get you to a place where with the "Asset Manager" Byteball subtokens can be made without coding in the headless wallet (Byteball Pro-tool).

Other things are not quite catching on within the community. Example: Byteball.garden (No .com) which may grow to a social Network when more persistance than slack, telegramm etc. becomes desireable. Currently it is orphaned. Byteballs reddit however is doing OK. Its just not my thing.

Having volunteered at #helpdesk in the Byteball Slack I can attest that some users do have some trouble getting started ("explaining the airdrop again") but no major bugs exist (thats why I volunteered - I needed to know!). Yes some people fuck up the Blackbytes in their wallet with restoring out of date backups (i.e. after they had send BlackBytes... and then they restore). If that happens take it to helpdesk  Grin.

Meanwhile I have seen the japanese community having Byteball maskott drawing competitions. New users with Japanese Name appear almost daily in the Slack.

I hope I have stated my point fair and straight foreward enough (See my previous post, too) why Byteball may be the next big thing and hope for feedback. If any one of the WAVES people could elaborate their point I would love to read that. PIVX is clear to me. Game credits target audiance seems to me to narrow to be world scale (don't be discouraged - fire on all engines!)
While I was writing this the ARDR post was made. How can find out more?

Great information about byteball. Very welcome is all chats and information and analysis of listed REAL projects.

As to ardor the best place is probably just their thread although they may well have a dedicated chat room too. Im not sure I have not followed that one too much. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1518497.0

100 votes - very nice Smiley only 4900 to go.

barondemerxhausen

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:09:55 AM

I think Blocknet and BitBay are both awesome and synergistic, though I think Blocknet is the big one to watch.

Blocknet so far:
- Working atomic swaps for last 6 months
- Can trade non-BTC pairs, eg. SYS - DGB, DGB - VTC, LTC - VIA, DYN - PIVX, etc.
- Has been in development for 3 years
- Fully trustless decentralised exchange (DX): no coloured coins like Waves, Bisq, BTS, crypto-bridge, altcoin.io, etc. and no uploading of coins onto external wallet ala etherdelta, Jaxx et al.
- Decentralised governance based on node voting
- 100% of stake/dx rewards go to stakers and node holders and not to devs. Devs get paid by superblocks which are voted upon by node holders.
- New DEX/DX UI expected late December
- Joined with VSA Partners for DX UI design (preview images look great) and now for further marketing, DX will feature Tradingview tools
- Among the top ROI PoS coins... when the DX comes into play it will be ridiculous
- Partnering with 0x for ERC20 compatibility and Ethfinex for liquidity
- Amazing Rocketchat community
- Fees from DX users and rewards for node holders provide constant buy&sell pressures on token

Implications:
- Non-reliance on BTC as base trading pair could undermine BTC dominance and allow other alts to really shine
- No KYC means moving toward genuine private trades, greater personal security and freedom
- Because Blocknet is a protocol and not just a currency or a trading platform, there's enormous potential and opportunity for interchain DApps and APIs
- Working with projects like BitBay and Wysker, for example, could provide fully crypto based markets and ecosystems without the need for fiat at all.

I would really like to see if Blocknet can somehow leverage Ardor to keep it's chain size down, or maybe even look into some DAG tech, but I guess we'll see how it goes after the DX launches.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:59:20 AM

I think Blocknet and BitBay are both awesome and synergistic, though I think Blocknet is the big one to watch.

Blocknet so far:
- Working atomic swaps for last 6 months
- Can trade non-BTC pairs, eg. SYS - DGB, DGB - VTC, LTC - VIA, DYN - PIVX, etc.
- Has been in development for 3 years
- Fully trustless decentralised exchange (DX): no coloured coins like Waves, Bisq, BTS, crypto-bridge, altcoin.io, etc. and no uploading of coins onto external wallet ala etherdelta, Jaxx et al.
- Decentralised governance based on node voting
- 100% of stake/dx rewards go to stakers and node holders and not to devs. Devs get paid by superblocks which are voted upon by node holders.
- New DEX/DX UI expected late December
- Joined with VSA Partners for DX UI design (preview images look great) and now for further marketing, DX will feature Tradingview tools
- Among the top ROI PoS coins... when the DX comes into play it will be ridiculous
- Partnering with 0x for ERC20 compatibility and Ethfinex for liquidity
- Amazing Rocketchat community
- Fees from DX users and rewards for node holders provide constant buy&sell pressures on token

Implications:
- Non-reliance on BTC as base trading pair could undermine BTC dominance and allow other alts to really shine
- No KYC means moving toward genuine private trades, greater personal security and freedom
- Because Blocknet is a protocol and not just a currency or a trading platform, there's enormous potential and opportunity for interchain DApps and APIs
- Working with projects like BitBay and Wysker, for example, could provide fully crypto based markets and ecosystems without the need for fiat at all.

I would really like to see if Blocknet can somehow leverage Ardor to keep it's chain size down, or maybe even look into some DAG tech, but I guess we'll see how it goes after the DX launches.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Yes blocknet - if they can get the UI and lite version out soon and get even a small adoption this project will explode. Like any project here even these REAL ones there is still no guarantees. But for sure they have come a long way and I have high hopes myself.

A real essential part of the decentralised trustless puzzle will be complete with blocknet and other real atomic dex.

Although for sure it is fully operational but it will be better x 100 when they have the lite version and more intuitive UI... hopefully soon.

thanks to everyone keeping this thread alive with voting reports and even those discussing projects we have already listed.

I'm sure more projects will be submitted so and don't forget anyone can change their votes if they spot projects later that they prefer.

imteaz

Activity: 532
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 02:04:32 AM

Interesting, you missed some of the biggest altcoin, which will be sky rocket in 2018.
1. Lumen (XLM)
2. Lisk
3. OMG
4. Neo
5. Ark

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:17:15 AM

Interesting, you missed some of the biggest altcoin, which will be sky rocket in 2018.
1. Lumen (XLM)
2. Lisk
3. OMG
4. Neo
5. Ark

We will never miss any of these coins if they fit the criteria of REAL projects as defined in the OP.

I suspect some or all of those should be there but each one needs to be presented as specified in the OP because I do not have time to analyse every single project especially the initial distribution of them which is key. Also does omg , lisk, ark have fully functioning core products that are usable right now?

They for sure may well have but I have not checked.

This thread is a community effort.

The person who suggests a project should use the layout as other have for easy verification by other community members.

If a coin gets added on false infomation then other community members notice this it can be removed.

So that's the reason why we do it like this.

These are all questions not saying I have currently the answers.

I own a bit of each of most of those but I have not kept current with any of them in particular.

Any project can be added or removed we just need to get enough people in here to fully analyse each one to make sure they can meet the criteria in the OP to be classed as a REAL project.

Having said that your list looks to have a lot of promise and if you do not have the time I hope others will take note of each of these and present it in the format others have done so they can be analysed and added... or then later analysed and removed depending on what comes to light.

Eash

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:43:23 AM

I would say Eash.:)check https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2378605.0, their free airdrop is now open.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:07:16 AM

I would say Eash.:)check https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2378605.0, their free airdrop is now open.

Not sure about that one but lay out the proposal like the others have and as the OP demonstrates for community review.

cryptotank.io

Activity: 19

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 09:41:15 AM

I am unable to vote due to low voting privileges but if I could would definitely vote for Byteball. i will not repeat what others have said, such as @saintflow, as I feel he covered most fundamental points. Byteball and DAG is lined up for a great 2018!
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:11:30 AM

I am unable to vote due to low voting privileges but if I could would definitely vote for Byteball. i will not repeat what others have said, such as @saintflow, as I feel he covered most fundamental points. Byteball and DAG is lined up for a great 2018!

thanks. please come back and vote when able to do so Smiley

rty

Activity: 558
Merit: 57

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:41:00 AM

Byteball platform
This project looks interesting since start, and looks very solid and will surely reach the top very soon
I admired this coin's dev. Very nice system, - Completely new technology directed acyclic graph (DAG)

Unbounded scalability, fast confirmations, no miners, no blocks, low fees.
Byteball enables trust where trust couldn’t exist before.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: