Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:42:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which alts are REAL prospects  ..they exist ..they are coded out ..they are functional  (they are not just dreams and bullshit white papers) and have a REAL usecase...also add your own project so long as it meets the criteria in the first POST. Let's aim
Bitbay - 56 (11.1%)
Blocknet - 45 (8.9%)
Byteball - 110 (21.9%)
PivX - 37 (7.4%)
Komodo - 47 (9.3%)
Sys - 34 (6.8%)
Waves - 92 (18.3%)
Game credits - 19 (3.8%)
Bitshares - 25 (5%)
Ardor - 38 (7.6%)
Total Voters: 321

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE ONLY ALTS THAT ARE REAL PROJECTS HERE !!!!---------CURRENT JULY 2018!! POLL!  (Read 10548 times)
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:48:43 AM

BiblePay (BBP)
- 10% mined coins always go to Charity (already sponsoring 180+ Orphans monthly)
- ASIC-Resistant like Vertcoin/Groestlcoin (CPU Mining Only)
- fork of DASH (Masternode Governance Model, Budget Proposals & Voting)
- POBh Proof of BibleHash Algorithm, All Nodes are Full Nodes

Learn More: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388064.0

Personally I'm a little uncertain if it fits the criteria or not. My concerns are:

1. Proven development team. Not sure we can conclude a development team is proven after less than six months.
2. Obvious use case. Any coin can be used for charity, and several have it as their main focus. I don't believe that a coin who's only use case is charity has much chance of wide spread adoption, and thus also will fail as a charity coin. Maybe togoshigekata can elaborate on this?

Despite my above concerns, I believe it warrants a discussion about adding them to the list or not. Arguments have been made for all five criteria, and unless they are met by counter arguments, the coin should make it to the list.

6 months is to young to be added to the list.If this coin will be added there can be added dozens of coins and that wouldnt be the sense of the thread i think.
The sense is to make a list with the best coins.Real longterm projects,fair,with a real usecase.Not any coins that is a little better then the rest.There are to many out there..

I also think they should not be added, but they made arguments for all 5 criteria so it's fair to discuss it before dismissing them I think.
I don't believe we can have any criteria for how old the coin should be to be accepted. Some coins go through a lot of development before they launch. But in this case I think they are to young to deserve the label proven. I base this on the age of the coin + one more argument that I did not make above; One of the arguments this is a proven team, was that the lead dev has 20 yours of coding experience. That is a good starting point of course, but does not make him a proven blockchain dev. We have several code monkeys in BitBay with a life long coding experience. They are very talented, but there is still a lot they don't know about blockchain. The reason that is not a problem in BitBay is that they have David to go to for guidance and code review. I don't see any experienced blockchain devs listed in the argument for BBP being proven team.

Thank you for the responses!

The Lead Developer has so far remained anonymous, but has claimed he has past experience working on another successful cryptocurrency.
If he does ever reveal himself or his past work, I will post back.

Here are details about the team he is building for BiblePay:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/75hozh/slack_team/

Here is lead dev talking about integrating with Stratis:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7i9pfp/stratis_fork/

===

Use Case wise, there are definitely other charity coins:

Bunnycoin: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bunnycoin/
Donationcoin: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/donationcoin/
Cleanwatercoin: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cleanwatercoin/
Wishcoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2250891.0 (ICO starts Feb 20th 2018)

Dogecoin: has a charity foundation and has donated to provide clean water: http://foundation.dogecoin.com/
Solarcoin: has some coins in reserve to go to environmental charities

There are also websites you can visit and leave open to mine Monero to go to Charity
https://www.charitymine.org/
https://donateyourtab.to/
https://mineforcharity.com/

If you guys know about or find any more charity coins, please let me know!

===

Also BiblePay has goal to spread Christianity and has budget allocated for Pay to Preach/Priest,
as well as in-wallet prayers, and rewards for listening/reading/watching Gospel links.
And lead dev has more ideas to spread Christianity:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7du3kg/spreading_the_gospel_knowing_jesus/

There are some other Christian coins:
JesusCoin - is a joke coin
ChristCoins - Pre-mined ICO, will reward for reading the Bible on their website which is really cool

===

Thank you for reading and giving feedback! I will post back if lead developer unmasks himself. Thanks!

Since last we talked, We now have integrated BiblePay with Cancer and Science Research.
We reward 38% of coins to support Rosetta@home and World Community Grid, solving cancer and diseases using CPU cycles.

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@togoshige/biblepay-bbp-cancer-research-mining-rosetta-home-and-boinc-in-development

We have also pre-paid in advance a few months (2-6 months) payments for all 203 of our current monthly sponsored orphans from the 10% Charity Budget and have partnered with and funded 2 more charities (Be Love Orphan Outreach Missions and CameroonONE)

The project ranks #145 in Code Commits: https://www.cryptomiso.com/#BBP

I find this project rather interesting and although it has not been added as yet to the very select list I like to see it discussed in this thread because it looks like a solid project with a solid developer. Whether 1/ he is a super talented developer like those that have created something VERY different/novel or has a VERY solid use case remains to be seen. It is a project that should be observed further.

I think there are a few like this .. that are of interest and need further investigation as they progress.

A Team page is in development, will be released soon!

Now sponsoring 329 Orphans every month!

Android Mobile Wallet released!

"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vnpn3108e

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:45:12 AM

I observed a coin which has good progress. The coin is XCPO, for me it will as big as ethereum because the developer of this coin is still active to make their coin price up.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:06:39 AM

In a market full of hyped projects sometimes the hidden gems are the ones that adhere to the KISS principle, one such project IMO is CBX aka Bullion (formally Cryptogenic  Bullion).

CBX has low inflation of 2% but adds a simple innovation to tradition PoS whereby coins in offline wallets do not age, so the 2% inflation is only earned by coins in online wallets. This simple common sense change means stake returns only get paid to wallets that are online helping to secure the network, which just makes sense, stake interest is only paid to active wallets, and that means actual real returns for staking are positive i.e staking returns more than inflation so your share of coin supply is actually increasing. This simple feature makes CBX one of the only cryptos I know of that actually pays a 'real' passive income from staking on a regular PC without burning loads of electricity. I consistently earn 8-14% return from staking, which inflation adjusted is 6-12%.

All the five requirements are met by CBX:

1. Dev team active since 2014, PoSP (Pos participation) wallet working since 2016 afaik
2. Use case - low inflation digital store of value with ability to earn real above inflation returns
3. Ridiculously undervalued with MK approx 3M USD (not a typo, yes, well under 10 million USD)
4. Running since 2014, solid dev team, communication is regular, tech updated and supported, Masternode release imminent
5. CBX has had continuous development since mid 2014, a crypto version of a barrel aged whiskey

Just a matter of time IMO before CBX gets more appreciation as a KISS dependable digital store of value, a 100x gain would still give CBX a relatively modest MK of 300 mil USD, +4 years of continual dev support makes CBX a potential next big thing for institutional buyers looking for 'digital gold'.

1. Proven development team - already fully functioning product/software. Tweaks and improvements yet to come fine but the core product is functioning already.
2. Obvious Use case
3. Not already in the top 10
4. Not a scam
5. Long term commitment and proven staying power (not essential but could be a big consideration)

I agree this project is a very very undervalued.

I think once they release the unique masternode feature with the queue system and also get on the cbx direct fiat exchange that is being set up this project will take off .

I would say that it does meet the criteria in the op for sure. If there are no legitimate objections to it being added I think we should put it up there soon or certainly once they release the masternode queue system.

I wonder what others think?

kennyP

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:36:05 AM

I think once they release the unique masternode feature with the queue system and also get on the cbx direct fiat exchange that is being set up this project will take off .

I would say that it does meet the criteria in the op for sure. If there are no legitimate objections to it being added I think we should put it up there soon or certainly once they release the masternode queue system.

CBX could easily x20 in the next few months, insanely cheap for a coin that'll be 5 years old next month, the original thread shows the launch was fair with a small premine of ~1% and the original dev is still at the helm. Definitely one to watch after the fiat exchange listing.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=245086.0
vaporware asset wizard

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:58:03 AM

CBX is a great coin with great dev team, so much potential as a store of value investment, it could easily take off when masternodes launch.
danielwwt

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:43:16 AM

Blocknet no doubt about it.

SPV is just DONE!!!!!!!!
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:32:23 PM

SPV is just DONE!!!!!!!!

another great project - when it is fully 100% functioning.
I would say that's a top 10 project with some reasonable adoption.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:24:08 PM

we still search for more meeting the criteria in the OP

neatworld

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:46:01 AM

Just throwing this in here to spark some discussion. I've been following your thread from the beginning and have learned a lot. With the criteria you designated, you have highlighted some excellent alts that are truly worth believing in. But may I respectfully say that perhaps one other criteria should have been added to your list: solid/concerted effort to market the alt to investors.

It's an unfortunate truth that with the lack of awareness of what these alts can bring to the table, they could fade into obscurity. Meanwhile, crap, flash alts make a killing because they pumped most of their money into marketing rather than actually developing their products. My point is, can you really call an alt a REAL prospect if it never really achieves its full potential due to a lack of investor interest?
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:41:42 AM

Just throwing this in here to spark some discussion. I've been following your thread from the beginning and have learned a lot. With the criteria you designated, you have highlighted some excellent alts that are truly worth believing in. But may I respectfully say that perhaps one other criteria should have been added to your list: solid/concerted effort to market the alt to investors.

It's an unfortunate truth that with the lack of awareness of what these alts can bring to the table, they could fade into obscurity. Meanwhile, crap, flash alts make a killing because they pumped most of their money into marketing rather than actually developing their products. My point is, can you really call an alt a REAL prospect if it never really achieves its full potential due to a lack of investor interest?

You are 100% correct.

However if I were to add this criteria then I would need to remove a good many of these solid alts and which would mean they have even less chance of being noticed in the sea of dreams and talk shit projects that are in the spot light due to investor ignorance and shrewd marketeers with no coding and design skills.

I believe we must rely on investors wising up since the best coders and developers seem to be dreadful at marketing with the exception of perhaps eth and a couple of others that have already hit the big time.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 02:49:20 PM

change title because people thought this was an old thread an no longer valid

this thread will always be valid as long as we add new projects that meet the criteria in the op

bstr156

Activity: 58
Merit: 22

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:01:48 AM

I'd say there's a pretty strong use case in buying coffee (or paying for ride share coordinated via DApp) with crypto and not having to stand around for a minute or more awaiting block confirmation, nor deal with an exorbitant transaction fee.

An asset/token platform that facilitates zero-confirmation instant transactions at high throughput with PoW double-spend protection is most ideal.

As such, Syscoin all the way.  Syscoin 3 utilizes Z-DAG (masternode enabled transaction DAG relay) among other unique technologies, solving many longtime challenges faced by blockchain tech.  It is, in and of itself, the best suited protocol for point-of-sale, without resorting to external layers like Lightning Network, or otherwise compromising decentralization, in order to compensate for inefficient design.

Instant transactions at minuscule (hundredths of a penny) fees.  High throughput.  Horizontal and vertical scalability.  BOOM.

Syscoin Community member
Hiyatus

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

https://twitter.com/3Hiyatus

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 05:22:53 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2019, 08:06:34 AM by Hiyatus

SYS definitely stands out to me.
Steem is good and could be great someday.
Also, BELA is one to keep an eye on. It will release Belacam for public use very soon (i'm in closed testing group and it's quite good).
KMD imho is a wild-card. It could be huge, or flop completely, depending on which course crypto tech takes. But looks good so far.

Disclaimer: this is all IMHO, and i own all the coins above.

bstr156

Activity: 58
Merit: 22

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:31:20 PM

SPV is just DONE!!!!!!!!

another great project - when it is fully 100% functioning.
I would say that's a top 10 project with some reasonable adoption.

Blocknet is a very good project.

Their integration discussion with the Syscoin Team got my attention.  Both quite thorough and forward-thinking projects with no shortage of use cases.  It's nice to see two good teams work together so openly and willingly.  Here's the video...   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhZ4V3GIcoo

Syscoin Community member
p1erce

Activity: 768
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:54:23 PM

BELA team will open Belacam this July. You can simply earn money by posting photos. BELA did not have ICO and very undervalued token.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 01:23:14 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2018, 07:53:53 PM by cryptohunter

I'd say there's a pretty strong use case in buying coffee (or paying for ride share coordinated via DApp) with crypto and not having to stand around for a minute or more awaiting block confirmation, nor deal with an exorbitant transaction fee.

An asset/token platform that facilitates zero-confirmation instant transactions at high throughput with PoW double-spend protection is most ideal.

As such, Syscoin all the way.  Syscoin 3 utilizes Z-DAG (masternode enabled transaction DAG relay) among other unique technologies, solving many longtime challenges faced by blockchain tech.  It is, in and of itself, the best suited protocol for point-of-sale, without resorting to external layers like Lightning Network, or otherwise compromising decentralization, in order to compensate for inefficient design.

Instant transactions at minuscule (hundredths of a penny) fees.  High throughput.  Horizontal and vertical scalability.  BOOM.

LN should take care of that.

But for sure sys is a top tier alt and one of only a handful I would hold aside from btc. I aim to increase my sys pot along with 6 other alts this year.

lipphebe

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:28:55 AM

dont forget to submit them as the format in the op since they need to meet all 4 criteria
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:29:29 PM

100's of 1000s of users and only 300 votes. I wonder what we can make of this?

mattroibecon24

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 03:40:01 PM

It seems that most of altcoins are dropped by money flow is flowing in bitcoin because people think that they will receive a new coin for next hardfolk. I exchanged my all altcoins to BTC and just keep Ripple and Ethereum.
donkey.luacon251

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 02:13:00 PM

I have another opinion, I didn't choose those coin on that list. I observed a coin which has good progress. The coin is XCPO, for me it will as big as ethereum because the developer of this coin is still active to make their coin price up.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: