Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 08:33:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Assault weapon bans  (Read 36524 times)
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 04:48:21 PM

Who arms criminals with guns? Why, gun owners and gun sellers, of course. Nobody else.
Thieves arm criminals of course.

Assisted by gun owners. Definitely not assisted by those who don't own guns.

The Newtown shooter was armed by his mother. The Aurora shooter was armed by gun sellers. The Columbine shooters were armed by gun owners. All criminals who have guns get their guns through a path which originates from gun sellers or gun sellers to gun owners.

What's worse, virtually every one of those gun owners who gave up their guns to criminals go out buy more guns. Thus the escalation of guns to 300 million guns in this country, which is the problem.

Irresponsibility of gun owners and gun sellers are the reason for the arming of criminals.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 05:05:04 PM

Who arms criminals with guns? Why, gun owners and gun sellers, of course. Nobody else.

The Newtown shooter was armed by his mother. The Aurora shooter was armed by gun sellers. The Columbine shooters were armed by gun owners. All criminals who have guns get their guns through a path which originates from gun sellers or gun sellers to gun owners.

What's worse, virtually every one of those gun owners who gave up their guns to criminals go out buy more guns. Thus the escalation of guns to 300 million guns in this country, which is the problem.

Irresponsibility of gun owners and gun sellers are the reason for the arming of criminals.
I'm certainly glad that we have felony level statutes to prevent the provisioning of guns to criminals by law-abiding citizens. 

Thus it would seem pretty clear - criminals arm criminals.
FirstAscent

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 05:18:41 PM

I'm certainly glad that we have felony level statutes to prevent the provisioning of guns to criminals by law-abiding citizens. 

Oh really? Where did the criminals who are arming all the criminals get the guns?
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 07:32:42 PM

Oh really? Where did the criminals who are arming all the criminals get the guns?
It is not accurate to say that a victim of a burglary is in any way "assisting" a thief. By that logic all stealing is a partnership and the victim should also be jailed. As far as there being 300 million guns , I see no problem at all with that. 

A person like say Treyvon Martin could not legally own a gun as he has proven himself to be a drug user. It says right on the form for a CCW that if you smoke pot you are not a legal carrier. The bat-shit crazy people you mention above should not even be allowed to walk the streets. Fortunately, I don't have to worry much about that.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Shaltuum

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 08:13:53 PM

Criminals are armed in Russia almost as equally well, even though Russia has very strict gun control laws.
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 02:53:57 AM

Let me make sure I understand this.

Mr. Bad Guy is bad.  That's why he's Mr. Bad Guy.

To make sure Mr. Bad Guy can't get a gun, we restrict Mr. Good Guy by preventing him from having a gun.  That way Mr. Bad Guy can't get a gun from Mr. Good Guy. 

For your own protection, of course.

The underlying problem is a lack of morality.  If there were no guns anywhere, in the entire world (governments included), and we had the same moral decay that we have today, the assault weapon ban "debate" would be whether Mr. Good Guy could have a sword to defend himself, because we know Mr. Bad Guy gets his swords from Good Guys.

I have yet to see a gun, assault or otherwise, that shoots of its own accord. 

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
FirstAscent

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 03:14:28 AM

Criminals are armed in Russia almost as equally well, even though Russia has very strict gun control laws.

That would likely be case #1, 2 or 3.

1. Ineffective laws enforced ineffectively puts guns in criminals' hands.
2. Ineffective laws enforced effectively puts guns in criminals' hands.
3. Effective laws enforced ineffectively puts guns in criminals' hands.
4. Effective laws enforced effectively keep guns out of criminals' hands.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 03:48:08 AM

I'm curious do you think you are clever?  If so you could actually read the statutes and you'd get an idea pretty quick how the law works. 

What is certain is that you...or I....don't make the rules or the "right or wrong" up on the spot. 

FirstAscent

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 03:49:27 AM

I'm curious do you think you are clever?  If so you could actually read the statutes and you'd get an idea pretty quick how the law works. 

What is certain is that you...or I....don't make the rules or the "right or wrong" up on the spot. 

Are you having difficulty answering the question?
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 04:01:06 AM

Actually, I have no difficulty at all.  Assuming that you agree that "criminal" is a product of the legal code, and not your personal opinion.  Given that, the standard rule would be that a person legally buys a gun, then if and when he knowingly transfers it to someone who is not eligible to own it, he has committed a crime. 

Thus a non criminal passed a gun to a criminal, becoming a criminal at that instant.

But your fancy talk doesn't help or solve the fundamentals of the human condition that create on occasion, the dire necessities which simply require firearms.  And in such a case, my friend, your fancy words are worthless, and the police are usually far away.
FirstAscent

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 04:06:51 AM

I'm curious do you think you are clever?  If so you could actually read the statutes and you'd get an idea pretty quick how the law works.  

Actually, I have no difficulty at all.  Assuming that you agree that "criminal" is a product of the legal code, and not your personal opinion.  Given that, the standard rule would be that a person legally buys a gun, then if and when he knowingly transfers it to someone who is not eligible to own it, he has committed a crime.  

Thus a non criminal passed a gun to a criminal, becoming a criminal at that instant.

But your fancy talk doesn't help or solve the fundamentals of the human condition that create on occasion, the dire necessities which simply require firearms.  And in such a case, my friend, your fancy words are worthless, and the police are usually far away.

No, I never thought of it that way. When I say criminal, I mean someone who has a criminal background, or, ultimately uses the newly acquired gun to engage in armed robbery, shootings, etc.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 04:31:17 AM

I'm curious do you think you are clever?  If so you could actually read the statutes and you'd get an idea pretty quick how the law works.  

Actually, I have no difficulty at all.  Assuming that you agree that "criminal" is a product of the legal code, and not your personal opinion.  Given that, the standard rule would be that a person legally buys a gun, then if and when he knowingly transfers it to someone who is not eligible to own it, he has committed a crime.  

But your fancy talk doesn't help or solve the fundamentals of the human condition that create on occasion, the dire necessities which simply require firearms.  And in such a case, my friend, your fancy words are worthless, and the police are usually far away.

No, I never thought of it that way. When I say criminal, I mean someone who has a criminal background, or, ultimately uses the newly acquired gun to engage in armed robbery, shootings, etc.
I appreciate the distinction, and thought that was probably where you might be coming from.  Yes, there are many wrong things with laws, and there are many horrible uses of guns.  You might consider and reflect that there are criminals by your definition, most certainly among the police and the politician.  Perhaps 1/2 percent, something like that.  Some people go bad.  Some go slowly or rapidly or momentarily crazy.

So criminals arm police and politicians.

Interesting logic....

MikeH

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 04:43:45 AM

forget it, criminals can always get hold of guns... the push (propaganda) for gun control is for one or both of the following reasons:

preparation for the inevitable collapse of the dollar and likely hood of chaos in the streets.
to aid in the completion of the NWO plan outlined in the protocols of zion, I recommend people at least read this interview: http://iamthewitness.com/DarylBradfordSmith_Rosenthal.html

yes, I thought the NWO was a bit out there, then noticed it mentioned in a lot of speeches by world leaders - ok, so it may be true.. I then thought, whatever - I'm human first and foremost, I don't really care about my nations sovereignty and world governance may be a positive thing to address poverty etc.  wrong - it's a power grab by the most sick minded mothers in the history of the world, the same group who killed who killed at least twice the number of russians than you ever hear about died during the holocaust, you don't hear about that because the perpetrators have controlled the media for a very long time.
FirstAscent

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 04:54:03 AM

Guns go from the manufacturer to gun sellers and ultimately end up in the hands of criminals. There are many routes. But they absolutely do not pass through the hands of people who don't buy guns. Instead, they pass through the hands of people who do buy guns en route to criminals.

Gun permits should only be issued by the federal government. There should be a limit on the number of guns any person can own. If you buy a gun, and then lose it or sell it, you don't get another permit, unless the sale is documented as going through a process to an individual who has been awarded a new permit.

In this way, people won't buy guns for others. They will make sure their gun is not stolen. They will not be able to sell their guns to others without a permit that the prospective buyer holds for a new gun.
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 09:51:07 AM

Guns go from the manufacturer to gun sellers and ultimately end up in the hands of criminals. There are many routes. But they absolutely do not pass through the hands of people who don't buy guns. Instead, they pass through the hands of people who do buy guns en route to criminals.

Gun permits should only be issued by the federal government. There should be a limit on the number of guns any person can own. If you buy a gun, and then lose it or sell it, you don't get another permit, unless the sale is documented as going through a process to an individual who has been awarded a new permit.

In this way, people won't buy guns for others. They will make sure their gun is not stolen. They will not be able to sell their guns to others without a permit that the prospective buyer holds for a new gun.

You also reference the official stories about publicized mass murders.  I'm sure you've heard the expression, "How can you tell if a politician is lying?  When his lips are moving."  I doubt most things the government says, ESPECIALLY official stories that back the party line.

Anyhow, federal control is a bad idea no matter how you look at it.  First of all, as I stated, the problem isn't guns, it's the lack of morality.  Second of all, there are plenty of laws around unlawful gun use, and most people know the justice system is a joke.  Enforce the laws you have, and stop trying to restrict law abiding citizens from their God given right because of what criminals do.

Your argument is flawed, and you seem incapable of doing anything than repeating it over and over and over again.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
FirstAscent

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 04:27:22 PM

You also reference the official stories about publicized mass murders.  I'm sure you've heard the expression, "How can you tell if a politician is lying?  When his lips are moving."  I doubt most things the government says, ESPECIALLY official stories that back the party line.

Anyhow, federal control is a bad idea no matter how you look at it.  First of all, as I stated, the problem isn't guns, it's the lack of morality.  Second of all, there are plenty of laws around unlawful gun use, and most people know the justice system is a joke.  Enforce the laws you have, and stop trying to restrict law abiding citizens from their God given right because of what criminals do.

Your argument is flawed, and you seem incapable of doing anything than repeating it over and over and over again.

Actually, federal control is the only thing that has a chance at working. Anything else is a joke. As I said:

1. Ineffective laws enforced ineffectively puts guns in criminals' hands.
2. Ineffective laws enforced effectively puts guns in criminals' hands.
3. Effective laws enforced ineffectively puts guns in criminals' hands.
4. Effective laws enforced effectively keep guns out of criminals' hands.
candoo

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 04:42:51 PM

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 04:46:37 PM

Sick country, no wait INDIVIDUALS.
I cant believe somebody from the bitcoin foundation is crying out so loud here.
Its very simple, if people have guns they will use them and using here means KILLING people.
And if you sick fucks really believe its protecting your rights, then look around, you have been gradually stripped of most of them and nobody marched on Washington. And even then your beloved drones would take care of you in no time.

Edit: And im European, so dont even try your NRA indoctrination.
MikeH

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 05:13:02 PM

the US dollar is only being propped up until they take your guns away.. then we transition to global governance and genocide.

http://newtownbee.com/news/0001/11/30/gun-confiscation-leads-genocide/13276
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 05:15:33 PM

Its very simple if people have guns they will use them and using here means KILLING people.

No kidding?  I didn't know guns killed people!  My god, how could we let guns be invented at all!  Wink  So your point is, "Resistance is futile so why make it any harder for the opposition?"  Noted.

“Whoever desires to found a state and give it laws, must start with assuming that all men are bad and ever ready to display their vicious nature, whenever they may find occasion for it.”
– Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote from: bernard75
We must therefore ban all the things, for we cannot be trusted with ourselves.

And the rest of this post is mostly to mock you--there's your warning.

Its very simple if people have knives they will use them and using here means KILLING people.

Its very simple if people have piano wire they will use them and using here means KILLING people.

Its very simple if people have metal chains they will use them and using here means KILLING people.

Its very simple if people have prescription drugs they will use them and using here means KILLING themselves.

Its very simple if people have heavy tools they will use them and using here means KILLING people.

Its very simple if people have really loud guitars they will play them and playing here means SLAYING people.

Its very simple if murderers have eyes they will use them and using here means FINDING PEOPLE...to kill.

Its very simple if the state has guns they will use them and using here means KILLING people.

Its very simple if police officers have guns criminals will take them and they will use them and using here means KILLING people.
Ah, fuck it: Its very simple if police officers have guns they will use them and using here means KILLING people.

Its very simple if people have 3D printers they will use them and using here means printing guns and then KILLING people.

Its very simple if people have hands they will use them on guns and using here means KILLING people.

Its very simple if guns have people they will use them and using here means KILLING guns with people.

Its very simple if people have keyboards they will use them and using here means writing about KILLING people.

Its very simple if people have large pets they will use them and using here means KILLING people.  And if pet owners tie their pets down with metal chains...

Its very simple if people have a blackbelt they will use their fists of fury and using here means KILLING people.

And the obligatory:

It's very simple: if people have guns, they will use them, and using here means killing people.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: