Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 06:37:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Assault weapon bans  (Read 36524 times)
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 03:45:04 AM

Crime is more deadly when it is perpetrated with more deadly weapons.

And thus, we gather, you advocate more deadly crime. Here's some advice: an essay, couched in fancy grammar, does not necessarily make an argument compelling except to your own choir. Within all the balderdash though, we see some truth:

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 03:49:45 AM

And thus, we gather, you advocate more deadly crime.

LANGUAGE FAIL!!

Not you, the language. Did you mean

You advocate deadlier crime?

or

You advocate higher frequency of deadly crime?
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 04:26:13 AM

And thus, we gather, you advocate more deadly crime. Here's some advice: an essay, couched in fancy grammar, does not necessarily make an argument compelling except to your own choir. Within all the balderdash though, we see some truth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhRUe-gz690
FirstAscent

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 06:07:20 AM

And thus, we gather, you advocate more deadly crime.

LANGUAGE FAIL!!

Not you, the language. Did you mean

You advocate deadlier crime?

or

You advocate higher frequency of deadly crime?

There is crime which is not deadly. And there is crime which is deadly. What's his face, and his adulating choir advocate more of the latter. Please, reserve your red letters and grammar checks for actual grammatical errors. But if that's the only argument that you have, then we have a definitive failure in rebuttal, do we not?
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 07:18:39 AM

When a crime is occurring, ought one resist?  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptCtNW5yI7c

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 07:46:37 AM

No, just obey gun (and all other anti-self defense, pro-criminal utopia) laws and kiss your ass goodbye.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

You are more likely to die by a car accident if you own and drive a car.  Using your logic, we should therefore ban cars.

Oh, and going outside is dangerous too.  You could fall and break your neck!  Better ban outside!!

Sitting still is bad for you too.  Better ban chairs.

Life is a calculated risk.  Get over it.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 12:23:28 PM

When a crime is occurring, ought one resist?  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptCtNW5yI7c

"The vast majority of defensive gun uses don't even involve firing...they just threaten and the guy runs away....People do what you say when you threaten them with a deadly weapon."

What I said earlier.

But look here....GET REAL! You know, we all know, only Law Enforcement Officers are trained and capable of handling dangerous, deadly firearms.  Just watch this DEA agent instruct a class of young children! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeGD7r6s-zU

LOL...Yeah, you've now laughed at someone shooting themself...
FirstAscent

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 04:47:31 PM

You are more likely to die by a car accident if you own and drive a car.  Using your logic, we should therefore ban cars.

You again. Pointless logic, which is par for the course for you. How many times does one have to say it? Cars have a purpose other than to take aim at someone and threaten and kill. It boggles me no end that these meme repeaters think they're being clever.
randomcloud

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 04:58:50 PM

You again. Pointless logic, which is par for the course for you. How many times does one have to say it? Cars have a purpose other than to take aim at someone and threaten and kill. It boggles me no end that these meme repeaters think they're being clever.

But no one CARES if a gun's primary purpose is to kill people. Don't you understand that? You can't just control other people and force them to abandon a lifestyle you disagree with because you think they are savages in need of your political enlightenment.
Jaxkr

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 05:09:54 PM

But no one CARES if a gun's primary purpose is to kill people. Don't you understand that? You can't just control other people and force them to abandon a lifestyle you disagree with because you think they are savages in need of your political enlightenment.
It's not a matter of caring, it's a matter of ethics. If you were trying to make your nation thrive, would you allow your citizens machines dedicated to killing?
FirstAscent

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 05:19:06 PM

How laughable. People do care that a gun's primary purpose is to kill people. For crying out loud. It boggles my mind that people try to base their whole support of guns on premises like this.

Also, people can be forced to abandon lifestyles that are unhealthy for the rest of us.
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 05:47:58 PM

A gun's primary purpose is to fire a lead slug down-range. Guns don't have political agendas.

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
FirstAscent

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 05:52:45 PM

A gun's primary purpose is to fire a lead slug down-range. Guns don't have political agendas.

Sad. Sort of like an internal combustion engine's purpose is to exhaust fuel which it burns.

Desperate, are we?
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 06:26:03 PM

Actually, the primary purpose of almost all guns is to stop crime without even having to be fired, as that is what all government statistics and non-debunked/retracted peer-reviewed research show happens most of the time. If FA wasn't a treacherous sociopath who will do and say anything to render innocents defenseless in order to enable our victimization with impunity, he'd admit that.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 06:27:02 PM

Sad. Sort of like an internal combustion engine's purpose is to exhaust fuel which it burns.

Desperate, are we?

Sort of like your primary purpose is to exhaust CO2.

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
FirstAscent

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 07:45:10 PM

Desperate, are we?

Sort of like your primary purpose is to exhaust CO2.

Whatever the case may be, at least it's now clear to you how your statement about a gun's purpose was ineffective and desperate. I wonder why you didn't realize it before you posted it though.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 08:33:53 PM

Actually, the primary purpose of almost all guns is to stop crime without even having to be fired, as that is what all government statistics and non-debunked/retracted peer-reviewed research show happens most of the time. If FA wasn't a treacherous sociopath who will do and say anything to render innocents defenseless in order to enable our victimization with impunity, he'd admit that.
Also, if he took away all our guns, what would we do if the zombies invaded?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGRp-lX_J0c
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 09:17:52 PM

You continue to ignore the fact that guns are ALSO used to defend one's self, family, and possessions from unlawful aggressors, government or otherwise.  Therefore my example is the same as yours.  Cars have a lawful purpose, so do guns.  The difference is, you keep pretending one doesn't exist.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 09:31:52 PM

I found the arguments here from Kleck to be rational and well levied, for what it's worth.  This work would be something that lends itself to reasonable discussion.  I also do not believe that defensive carry of firearms, or further legal or training requirements for public carry are anywhere close to the best approaches to reducing crime or violent crime; addressing the economic and cultural factors involved are far more important for an overall approach to crime reduction - this view is why I take the stance that referencing firearms in the context of crime is over-hyped and over-represented in most debate.

The part in bold is the point I try to make when I say the cause and core of the issue is immorality which stemless from Godlessness.  I am not preaching one faith, doctrine, or organized religion over another, I am simply stating Godliness.  God is good, regardless of the name you refer to him by.  If he is not good, you have a false god.

M

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: