Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 07:07:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Assault weapon bans  (Read 36524 times)
FreedomEqualsRiches

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 03:29:04 PM

What is a high capacity for a pistol, more than 6? more than 10? just about any magazine fed pistol you can slap in an extended magazine in place of the regular one.

Up here, any handgun magazine that holds more than 10 rounds gets classified as "prohibited" (not prohibited prohibited.  It's technically possible for someone to be licensed to possess "prohibited" weapons, but it's almost impossible to actually do so).  Handguns in general are "restricted" and far more rare than in the USA, and you can pretty much forget about carrying one around unless you're an armoured car guard or similar or can convince a judge you have a real good reason to carry one.

For semi-automatic centre-fire rifles (manual action rifles or anything using rim-fire ammunition can have as much magazine as you like), the limit is 5 rounds.

Don't forget, .32's and most assault rifles are prohibited too.
Also, don't forget the RCMP like to steal guns as well:

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/2523158370001

BTC: 1M7gCkPUQe76pAs4Ya6wM3ihqKHKA1TYB8
LTC: LYYC67qyVXnbvv11mYzcPREhVRgkmA8zz3
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 03:46:54 PM

What is a high capacity for a pistol, more than 6? more than 10? just about any magazine fed pistol you can slap in an extended magazine in place of the regular one.
In the recent American bleeding heart liberal guncontrol clusterfuck, it was more than 7 in one version, 10 in another.  

So....what do you mean, you didn't know???

How can a person be expected to know and follow all these arbitrary rules?
Actually that's a problem in the USA, particularly with people that travel between some of the smaller states or whom live near the state lines.

There are also differences between some state and federal law regarding firearms.  Historically, everyone understood that federal trumped state in certain arenas, but in the years, of Obama, the clear breakdown of the rule of law has created some chaos.

We now have a federal Attorney General who quite unabashedly determines which laws he feels like enforcing based on the political whim of the moment.  But generally speaking regarding firearms, one should be knowledgable about his state laws and follow those.  These issues are taught in concealed carry classes.

For me, I could not care less about the 7 or 10 or whatever types of rules.
Strange Vlad

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:27:04 PM

It would be a catastrophe if Americans allowed their overgrown government to restrict their most important freedom.  However, seeing how much of their freedoms they have already given up Uncle Sam, it wouldn't surprise me to see USG to eventually disarm the population, thus concluding their gradual transition to a completely totalitarian fascist empire.  Which is so very sad...

Dear Americans, or those of you who still value your freedoms.  Please, DON'T GIVE UP!  You are still probably the most free country in the world, you are sort of humanity's last hope.

I pray for 3D-printing tech to evolve faster than the governments completely enslave us.  3D-printing is in this way very similar to Bitcoin: both are disruptive technologies capable of stopping and reversing this statist crisis of our species.

P.S.  First fully 3D-printed gun already fired, and it's only plastic.  But the government is already so scared they even requested to remove the files...  As if it could help them. Cheesy

Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon. Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.
1CdVTkA288cd3m1jkdqPjUfhQ5ebei8gVT
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 06:03:33 PM

Agree with all you said.

What many of the posters do not understand or do not care to comprehend (yes, it's SCAREY LOL) is that the 2nd amendment's intent was that citizens be armed in case it was necessary to overthrow an oppressive government.  Of course, back then the issues with Britain were fresh in their minds.

Yes, there were secondary reasons - personal defense from bad guys and such, hunting.  But the primary issue is as stated.

The framers of the US Constitution wished for the government they created to be scared of the people, not for the people to be scared of the govenment.

So, you...see....with all this focus on "scary black rifles"

It the people....they scary....be afraid, be very afraid...

LOL

hawkeye

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 03:45:09 AM

The framers of the US Constitution wished for the government they created to be scared of the people, not for the people to be scared of the govenment.

The government IS scared of the people.  That's why they are they are hiring more and more goons and setting up a security state.  

Bullies are quite often scared of their victims and will attempt to oppress them and keep them down out of that fear.  And the govt have a lot to be scared about.  Their whole centrally planned nonsense is crumbling and all their empty promises are going to be found out.

Victims of bullies just need to realise what cowards bullies are and then it's all over for the bully.  I hope that day comes soon for the bully govt.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 02:11:46 PM

The government IS scared of the people.  That's why they are they are hiring more and more goons and setting up a security state.  

Bullies are quite often scared of their victims and will attempt to oppress them and keep them down out of that fear.  And the govt have a lot to be scared about.  Their whole centrally planned nonsense is crumbling and all their empty promises are going to be found out.

Victims of bullies just need to realise what cowards bullies are and then it's all over for the bully.  I hope that day comes soon for the bully govt.

The below link is about concealed carry of handguns - it's not about "assault weapons" per the OP.  Well I guess if you go with the latest crazy talk about "Assault pistols" then yeah, it's about assault weapons.

Change in US States re concealed carry, 1986 to 2013.

http://www.volokh.com/2013/07/10/chicago-from-a-handgun-ban-to-a-right-to-carry-concealed-handguns/

Progress!  Yeah!  And now the good people in Chicago may have a fighting chance some of the time again the random third world level violence there.
J603

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 06:23:41 PM

Because Israel is certainly one of the most peaceful, non-violent countries in the world! They've been at peace for a grand total of 1 day since they become an official state. It's a well known fact that no one is ever shot in Israel. Just kidding, the country is always at war, and always in the midst of violence.

I could bring up the exact opposite: Japan has one of the lowest guns per capita (.6) according to smallarmssurvey.org. Their highest school massacre had a victim count of 8.
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 06:32:12 PM

Why do you have to startle the local wildlife?
Now burn at the stake you unamerican, logical liberal.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 10:16:19 PM

I could bring up the exact opposite: Japan has one of the lowest guns per capita (.6) according to smallarmssurvey.org. Their highest school massacre had a victim count of 8.

That's what happens when you defend your schools with solid perimeters* and guards, and not just A FUCKING SIGN.

*unlike the U.S., where you can enter and exit practically every school at multiple points without any real challenge.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
fritzthecat

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 03:45:56 AM

That's what happens when you defend your schools with solid perimeters* and guards, and not just A FUCKING SIGN.

*unlike the U.S., where you can enter and exit practically every school at multiple points without any real challenge.

This is a freaking school, not your private war zone.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 05:04:52 AM

This is a freaking school, not your private war zone.

Tell it to Japan...

"Gun free zone" signs mean "this is your private war zone, with everyone disarmed & defenseless for your genocidal convenience".

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:09:34 AM

Fine then compromise parking lot security guard  Roll Eyes

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Strange Vlad

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:05:35 PM

Japanese have entirely different mentality, overall much less violent and aggressive.  There wouldn't be more school massacres if they had guns and self-defense legal, of course.  It's just that they need it much less.

Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon. Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.
1CdVTkA288cd3m1jkdqPjUfhQ5ebei8gVT
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:13:47 PM

For what it's worth "gun free" zones around schools are not as restrictive as you might think. I have always taught at private schools where very rich kids go. They do not participate in school board nonsense, or rely on signs.
All that I need to be armed as a teacher is a letter from the school stating that I have permission. My school is probably the best protected in the state.   

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
MikeH

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:52:13 PM

In America I know this guns are a very heated topic, and as an Australian I'm not sure I fully understand your reasons for wanting such high-powered rifles at home. For the most part Australia is a very safe country so it could just be that I am unaware of how different other countries are.

What I will say is, Australians were once allowed the same rifles. Laws changed after the 1996 Port Arthur Massacre which seems to have had a tremendous effect on mass gun violence in this country. The government of the time issued a Gun Buy-Back scheme, and removed over 631,000 guns from our suburbs. Touch wood, we haven't had a similar massacre since.

I'm pretty sure it was just Tasmanian gun laws at the time that were out of line with the rest of Australia but don't feel like checking right now..  When you say 631k removed from our suburbs, had you ever seen a gun in the suburbs prior to 1996?  I had only seen rifles on farms, it was quite different in Australia before the buy back when compared to America, you take away their guns and there are still a hell of a lot of them in criminal hands.

Anyway, I'm Aussie too - I also thought their gun laws were crazy but I guess the propaganda sucked me in, I also wasn't aware of all the government corruption and treasonous behaviour which their 2nd amendment was designed to protect them against.  Sure it hasn't done them any good so far due to a lack of balls Smiley but there may well come a point or an event where they will need their guns to take back control.
MikeH

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:53:37 PM

http://www.longislandpress.com/2013/07/17/ndaa-indefinite-detention-challenge-shot-down-by-appeals-court/

lock and load mother fuckers
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 11:12:54 PM

That decision is disappointing, but technically I have to agree those who brought the case did not have "standing" - they didn't show indefinite detention was a personal threat to them.
MikeH

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 03:54:09 AM

how long have americans been killing and dying for zionists?

apparently since WW1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uijk81d7bJs

this is what I'm referring to when I mentioned taking back control..  people find it hard to believe that their government would harm its own people, but what if those running the show are loyal to another country? 

after everything I've learnt recently, there's no way I'd be giving up my guns.
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 04:14:19 AM

Who arms criminals with guns? Why, gun owners and gun sellers, of course. Nobody else.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 01:18:50 PM

Who arms criminals with guns? Why, gun owners and gun sellers, of course. Nobody else.
Thieves arm criminals of course.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: