Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 06:06:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Assault weapon bans  (Read 36524 times)
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 07:20:39 PM

A few facts from wikipedia:
USA population: 316,676,000
Isreal population: 8,051,200

Just saying...

Talk about deflating someone's thunder! How funny!

Let's see if I can reinflate it:

Assuming lowest casualties,
Israel - 8 shootings every 10 years means a minimum of 0.8 shootings a year.
America - 323 shootings every 10 years means a minimum of 32 shootings a year!

Obviously that's not right, so the only other conclusion we can make is that every shooting in America has WAY WAY WAY WAY more casualties than every shooting in Israel. My guess the reason is because everyone in American schools is completely defenseless, so shooters can just keep shooting till they run out of bullets, while in Israel they get taken down quick.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 07:36:04 PM

Just saying...

Obviously that's not right, so the only other conclusion we can make is that every shooting in America has WAY WAY WAY WAY more casualties than every shooting in Israel. My guess the reason is because everyone in American schools is completely defenseless, so shooters can just keep shooting till they run out of bullets, while in Israel they get taken down quick.

Doesn't fit the victim disarmament narrative. Prepare for more BS from the criminal safety side.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:40:42 PM

But we don't want to live in a gun show.

See, that's the difference here. Some people like living in gun shows, but they are not forcing you to. You're free to live in a gun free zone if you want. You on the other hand don't want to live in a gun show, and are hoping to force everyone else to live the same way you do, too. That's the difference between others giving you the freedom to choose, and you forcing your wants on others, and is the same difference between anarchy and government.
if you want to live in a gun show. fuck off to another country. (just as you said to us, but less polite.)

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
FirstAscent

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:46:53 PM

See, that's the difference here. Some people like living in gun shows, but they are not forcing you to.

They aren't?
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 07:50:39 PM

See, that's the difference here. Some people like living in gun shows, but they are not forcing you to. You're free to live in a gun free zone if you want. You on the other hand don't want to live in a gun show, and are hoping to force everyone else to live the same way you do, too. That's the difference between others giving you the freedom to choose, and you forcing your wants on others, and is the same difference between anarchy and government.
if you want to live in a gun show. fuck off to another country. (just as you said to us, but less polite.)

There is PLENTY of country here to go around. You stay in areas that are completely disarmed, others can stay in areas that have guns, and I'll stay wherever the hell I damn please. Are the people in heavily armed areas, like for instance Texas or New Hampshire, trying to force cities like Baltimore, DC, Chicago, Detroit, and some states like NY and Maryland to force people to carry guns? Are they trying to force those places to make it legal to own and carry guns? No? They stop forcing those states to do what you want.
FirstAscent

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:55:38 PM

There is PLENTY of country here to go around. You stay in areas that are completely disarmed, others can stay in areas that have guns, and I'll stay wherever the hell I damn please. Are the people in heavily armed areas, like for instance Texas or New Hampshire, trying to force cities like Baltimore, DC, Chicago, Detroit, and some states like NY and Maryland to force people to carry guns? Are they trying to force those places to make it legal to own and carry guns? No? They stop forcing those states to do what you want.

This has already been addressed by other people, including you. You have pointed out how ineffective that works - i.e Chicago. As I've said countless times here, uniform application of gun control is necessary.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:11:03 PM

Ate dinner last night at a restaurant. Several people there were open carrying and a few more of their friends may have been concealing. Had to be the safest place in town. Other than the police station, where even more people had guns.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:12:51 PM

This has already been addressed by other people, including you. You have pointed out how ineffective that works - i.e Chicago. As I've said countless times here, uniform application of gun control is necessary.

Necessary to accomplish your pipe dream of everyone being disarmed.  But somehow I don't think you're talking about the most dangerous of armed individuals, namely governments, their thugs, and criminals.  If it was possible, then this discussion would be about swords.

Why do you keep posting the same thing?  Following Hitler's mantra of repeating a lie long enough people will believe it?

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:22:31 PM

Just saying...

This proves my point about statistics being meaningless, other than to support any argument desired.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:27:18 PM

Just saying...

please read the posts again(if you can read...). when you realize you mistake you will hopefully be embarrassed, and stop spewing misleading propaganda all over the place.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
Reaper3

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:28:04 PM

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:30:39 PM

Just saying...

please read the posts again(if you can read...). when you realize you mistake you will hopefully be embarrassed, and stop spewing misleading propaganda all over the place.

Insults tend to say something about the insulter, at minimum, that their argument was deflated and they are resorting to emotional forms of persuasion.

M

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 09:12:45 PM

....As I've said countless times here, uniform application of gun control is necessary.

It does not matter what YOU SAID.  All that matters in a discussion is what has been reasonably well proved, and that you haven't achieved. 

You might be more precise in your statement, something like....

"Even though I've been proved wrong on my theory of uniform application, I continue to believe it...Only if all the people except the criminals are disarmed will we be safe.  Only when people have to uniformly rely on police never getting to the crime scene until the crime is over and the criminals have fled, will we be safe.  Only when every rapist can get what he wants without fear of guns, will the world be a better place."
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 09:13:32 PM

I could feel safe on that beach...

http://globalmilitaryreview.blogspot.com/2012/06/israeli-female-soldiers-ready-for.html
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 02:34:26 AM

well maybe i have a lower threshold for when killing people is acceptable. live with it.

That certainly argues in FAVOR of others owning firearms, doesn't it?
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 02:38:55 AM

well maybe i have a lower threshold for when killing people is acceptable. live with it.

That certainly argues in FAVOR of others owning firearms, doesn't it?

Yeah, to those of us with English as our first language, it kinda reads like "maybe I kill people for calling me bad names, so, back off."

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 05:43:51 AM

Just saying...

I'm stupid. Please explain it to me.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 05:46:08 AM

All you need for that is a lot of people with a lot of guns keeping other guns out of the area you want to keep gun free. Problem solved (except for all those guns at the border)
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 05:59:28 AM

....As I've said countless times here, uniform application of gun control is necessary.

It does not matter what YOU SAID.  All that matters in a discussion is what has been reasonably well proved, and that you haven't achieved. 

You might be more precise in your statement, something like....

"Even though I've been proved wrong on my theory of uniform application, I continue to believe it...Only if all the people except the criminals are disarmed will we be safe.  Only when people have to uniformly rely on police never getting to the crime scene until the crime is over and the criminals have fled, will we be safe.  Only when every rapist can get what he wants without fear of guns, will the world be a better place."

I actually agree with uniform application of gun control. If you are not in control of your gun, you have a problem.

Now, if by gun control, you mean those who by the fiat of government possess all the guns, and the "citizens" (slaves, as they are disarmed) have no weapons available to them, that's a whole different thing.

Several of you have pointed out, more than once, that an armed revolution is futile. I daresay you are wrong, but it is undesirable. However, when the people, whether all of them or a large group, do decide to secede or "secede in place" and use the power of their numbers to withdraw consent peaceably, that government that so many of you think is their for your benefit will come against them WITH guns. And defensively, we the armed outnumber the goons by a significant number. Luckily for the 545 people who rule this nation, most of the slaves don't understand how vastly they outnumber their masters. But, having been involved in politics, I can guarantee to you that those who rule you DO understand it. And fear it. It's one of the reasons they go after hobby weapons and not handguns. It's why they promote "diversity" programs that are designed to not only fail but inflame the passions of different cultural groups within the nation. It's why they start diversionary wars overseas with false flag events. They will do ANYTHING to keep you looking anywhere but at them.

Also, this is a personal observation I made over the course of the ten years I was involved in republican party politics: All those elected or seeking election want power the way a drowning man wants air. ALL of them. These are the people you cede the power of legal violence to if you buy into democracy and/or gun control.

I dropped out. I looked at the alternatives. I chose to be an anarchist, as it makes the most sense to the enrichment (in all senses) to the greatest number of people. I do not vote, therefore I have EVERY right to bitch. I reject the system, not because it has failed, but because for those who rule it, it has succeeded beyond the wildest dreams of the ancient Emperors. You cannot FIX a system that works as it was designed. You can either accept it, and all that it implies, or reject it because it is a flawed outcome. Government is SUPPOSED to become vastly powerful. Those who say otherwise fall into exactly two camps. Those who would rule (are selling you something), and those who are deluded.
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 06:36:07 AM

I'm stupid. Please explain it to me.
the numbers in the picture is: Number of people killed in school shootings in the lasts ten years. readgin your posts i seems the you think that its the numbers of school shooting incidents in the last 10 years.

what i pointed you was that 'Murica was a bigger country then Isreal, and it was there for expected to have a high number of people killed simply because they are bigger. a simple estimate, calculated in my head says that there is about 1 person killed per 1M in habitants in school shootings per 10 years, in both country. and in denmark we have 1 person killed per 2M habitants in school shootings per 10 years. meaning that in denmark less people is getting killed in school shootings, then in both Isreal and 'Murica, as they both seems to have pro-gun politics.

Granted, it might be a bad idea to sell guns AND ban them from schools at the same time, as slightly less people are getting killed in isreal then 'Murica. But i really don't think thats its a good idea to give guns to children, they are incapable of realizing what power they have in their hands.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: