Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 02:44:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Assault weapon bans  (Read 36524 times)
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 11:20:32 PM

You know she could have the safety on right? LOL Cheesy even I know that and I don't own a gun, that said, it does look bad.
no.

These are absolute rules on gun safety, no finger inside the trigger guard. Never point in someone direction.  Always assume it loaded.  Etc.

Ignorance breeds accidents.  

You mean like parents who somehow let their kids get access to their guns, and then end up killing their siblings? Or going on rampages? Again, what's the real culprit? Is it the people calling for less guns, and responsible gun ownership? Or is it the irresponsible gun owners?

Your definition of "responsible" gun ownership is to not allow them to have it.

It does solve the problem. Do we see the problem being solved otherwise?

A gun is a tool, nothing more, nothing less.

A human being is blood and flesh, nothing more, nothing less. Do you see the inanity of your statement? How lacking in substance it is? How it declares nothing of any intrinsic value?

I'm calling you out for it. Reducing an argument to such inanity is running away from the problem. You lack any and all substance and thought in your discussion. You're just a meme repeater. Are you thinking?
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 11:31:02 PM

You mean like parents who somehow let their kids get access to their guns, and then end up killing their siblings? Or going on rampages? Again, what's the real culprit? Is it the people calling for less guns, and responsible gun ownership? Or is it the irresponsible gun owners?

It does not solve the problem.  Criminals will always prey on the helpless and innocent.  Doesn't matter whether criminals are in government or "free lance", they will do so.  Guns give the helpless and innocent a way to protect themselves from both types of enemies.  Stripping their God given right to defend themselves from oppressive enemies does not solve the problem.

If you're so concerned about education and gun safety, promote it.

A human being is blood and flesh, nothing more, nothing less. Do you see the inanity of your statement? How lacking in substance it is? How it declares nothing of any intrinsic value?

I'm calling you out for it. Reducing an argument to such inanity is running away from the problem. You lack any and all substance and thought in your discussion. You're just a meme repeater. Are you thinking?

Seriously?  You're repeating what I said earlier.

I've said 3 times now, the problem is NOT GUNS.  The problem is a lack or morality.  Your solution is to further empower oppressive governments and enslaving the people.  That "cure" is by far worse than the disease.

I am a citizen, born free, and I intend to remain such.  Statists such as you will never ever convince me otherwise.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
uMMcQxCWELNzkt

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 11:32:37 PM

In the UK teachers and most police don't have guns, the problem is American gun culture. To be fair though, your police are so insane that I don't blame you for wanting guns to feel safe, it is all the US knows. We are much safer here without guns.
FirstAscent

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 11:56:16 PM

It does not solve the problem.  Criminals will always prey on the helpless and innocent.  Doesn't matter whether criminals are in government or "free lance", they will do so.  Guns give the helpless and innocent a way to protect themselves from both types of enemies.  Stripping their God given right to defend themselves from oppressive enemies does not solve the problem.

Children playing with guns and accidentally shooting their siblings are criminals? A God given right? This is not the place to discuss theology.

If you're so concerned about education and gun safety, promote it.

Can you point to where I wish people to not be educated about the dangers of guns and their proper usage and storage?

Seriously?  You're repeating what I said earlier.

That one flew right over your head, I guess.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 12:06:38 AM

In the UK teachers and most police don't have guns, the problem is American gun culture. To be fair though, your police are so insane that I don't blame you for wanting guns to feel safe, it is all the US knows. We are much safer here without guns.

You only feel safe, because you have traded your liberty for an empty promise of security.  That warm fuzzy feeling is divorced from cold hard reality.

Americans, having fought and won a war of independence, are sovereign individuals and hence may own weapons.  Our English cousins, who are property of the Crown and at the disposal of the Throne, no longer enjoy that right.

The mark of a slave is being forbidden to own weapons, which makes them comparable to eunuchs (a eunuch being as impotent in potentially life-creating situations as the defenseless are in situations threatening death).

When the Germans and Austrians periodically get sick of your Queen and her City sucking their blood, who comes and protects your white cliffs and green fields from their wrath?

Here is your answer:

A humanitarian is always a hypocrite, and Kipling’s understanding of this is perhaps the central secret of his power to create telling phrases. It would be difficult to hit off the one-eyed pacifism of the English in fewer words than in the phrase, ‘making mock of uniforms that guard you while you sleep’.

-George Orwell, 1942

The price of liberty is eternal vigilance.  Are you going to keep shirking that responsibility and looking down your nose at us who do not?

Please consider leaving the womb of royal serfdom and joining the adult human race in independently providing for your own (and your loved ones') physical security.  

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 12:18:22 AM

I'm sorry.  You are neither safe nor free.  You are a subject.  That means you are subject to the whim of your overlords.

If you like that, that's fine.  But please don't try to force the same on those who prefer to be free citizens.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 12:21:59 AM

Children playing with guns and accidentally shooting their siblings are criminals? A God given right? This is not the place to discuss theology.

You are taking me out of context.  The right to defend yourself is a God given right.  A free man has the right to access any weapon that exists.  Yes, ANY.  With power comes responsibility.

As I said earlier, if there were no guns in existence anywhere, you'd be arguing the Feds should be the ones controlling who has a sword or not, as everyone knows bad guys get swords from good guys.  For your own protection of course.

Can you point to where I wish people to not be educated about the dangers of guns and their proper usage and storage?

I've never seen you indicate otherwise.  Instead you promote trusting an untrustworthy government to deem certain individuals fit to own guns, and not others.

Insults where get you nowhere.

Regards,

M

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 12:23:44 AM

It bothers me...

Girl has not adjusted the stock properly....

And she has her finger in the triggerwell.  Come on people.  No reason to have finger on trigger until you are aiming (unless you idea of a good time is putting random rounds into belligerent ceiling tiles).
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 12:26:28 AM

The UK also has a much higher violent crime rate and that rate has increased over the last 20 years.  In the US most burglaries are committed on unoccupied residences, in the UK most burglaries involve occupied ones.
FirstAscent

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 12:33:12 AM

You are taking me out of context.  The right to defend yourself is a God given right.  A free man has the right to access any weapon that exists.  Yes, ANY.  With power comes responsibility.

As I said earlier, if there were no guns in existence anywhere, you'd be arguing the Feds should be the ones controlling who has a sword or not, as everyone knows bad guys get swords from good guys.  For your own protection of course.

I've never seen you indicate otherwise.  Instead you promote trusting an untrustworthy government to deem certain individuals fit to own guns, and not others.

Insults where get you nowhere.

Why do you suppose Japan regulates firearms so tightly?
uMMcQxCWELNzkt

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 12:34:28 AM

You only feel safe, because you have traded your liberty for an empty promise of security.  That warm fuzzy feeling is divorced from cold hard reality.

Americans, having fought and won a war of independence, are sovereign individuals and hence may own weapons.  Our English cousins, who are property of the Crown and at the disposal of the Throne, no longer enjoy that right.

The mark of a slave is being forbidden to own weapons, which makes them comparable to eunuchs (a eunuch being as impotent in potentially life-creating situations as the defenseless are in situations threatening death).

When the Germans and Austrians periodically get sick of your Queen and her City sucking their blood, who comes and protects your white cliffs and green fields from their wrath?

Here is your answer:

A humanitarian is always a hypocrite, and Kipling’s understanding of this is perhaps the central secret of his power to create telling phrases. It would be difficult to hit off the one-eyed pacifism of the English in fewer words than in the phrase, ‘making mock of uniforms that guard you while you sleep’.

-George Orwell, 1942

The price of liberty is eternal vigilance.  Are you going to keep shirking that responsibility and looking down your nose at us who do not?

Please consider leaving the womb of royal serfdom and joining the adult human race in independently providing for your own (and your loved ones') physical security.  

I do have protection though. Do you think guns will protect you from your government or an invading country? What is your rifle going to do against a warship, a jet fighter? Some Americans, no offence tend to have a distorted view of the rest of the world. The only reason the UK still has enemies in my opinion is because we keep following your war path, the Queen has nothing to do with me as far as I am concerned. I would argue we have far more rights then the US, if you think we are owned by the Queen then your are owned by the IRS, Microsoft, Wells Fargo and all the other corps funding your politicians. Most UK citizens I feel would agree that guns and the gun culture that goes with it are not good for humanity. Like I said your system is so trigger happy that I dont blame you that you need a gun to feel safe. Just remember the more you support gun culture, the more advanced your government will be relative to your own stock. I think the US has made so many enemies that the UK has little to worry about.

Anyway this is not a pissing contest, here is a reality check.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMqcLUqYqrs
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 01:09:48 AM

It's useless to argue with people who reject the reality that they live in a criminals' utopia because of arms control laws, who believe that being a defenseless murder/rape/maiming/etc victim is morally superior to exercising the inherent human right to self defense.

/end thread

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
FirstAscent

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 01:24:32 AM

It's useless to argue with people who reject the reality that they live in a criminals' utopia because of arms control laws, who believe that being a defenseless murder/rape/maiming/etc victim is morally superior to exercising the inherent human right to self defense.

If we live in a criminals' utopia, it is not because of arms control laws. If that were the case, then the society of Japan would be a criminals' utopia. But it is not. Ergo, criminals' utopias do not exist because of arms control laws.

There are other reasons why criminals' utopias exist. A contributing factor could indeed be due to ineffective arms control.

Now, back to mdude77:

Please answer, why do you suppose Japan regulates firearms so tightly?
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 01:27:42 AM

I guess in the USA, instead of cars, everyone should be driving an M1A since the US Army has such  MBTs?  Also everyone need a Minuteman?
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 01:31:59 AM

I guess in the USA, instead of cars, everyone should be driving an M1A since the US Army has such  MBTs?  Also everyone need a Minuteman?
Abrams are expensive. Guns are cheap. Pretty much everyone in the US can afford a formidable gun and a small stockpile of ammo. You're also way less likely to ever see use out of a tank. Opportunity cost -- we aren't that stupid!  Tongue
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 01:36:34 AM

There's only one reason why a government would want to regulate firearms: to control the populace.

A government that sincerely wanted to help the citizens would protect their rights, educate them, lead by example, and stay the hell out of the way of everything else (like money creation).

M

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 01:37:50 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2013, 01:48:42 AM by Spendulus

It bothers me...

Girl has not adjusted the stock properly....

And she has her finger in the triggerwell.  Come on people.  No reason to have finger on trigger until you are aiming (unless you idea of a good time is putting random rounds into belligerent ceiling tiles).

Guess what?  The anti-gun add is from "MomsDemandAction.ORG".   That website first appeared March 13, 2013.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.momsdemandaction.org

Here's how they describe themselves...

Moms Demand Action For Gun Sense In America is a grassroots effort formed in the wake of the devastating mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown Connecticut. Horrified and heartbroken by the events in Sandy Hook, mothers of the United States are coming together to fight for tougher gun control measu

Here's the Huffington Post article on this group, with more pictures.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/15/gun-control-psas-moms-demand-action-for-gun-sense-in-america_n_3082504.html

With more kids with their fingers on the triggers.

And in every case, the finger on the trigger is owned by....

A white kid...

A bit of investigation would probably show this website to be simple political propaganda intended to support the recent failed gun control measures....

It is started by Shannon Watts, former Public Relations person for Governor of Missouri
Now has her own PR firm....
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 01:39:30 AM

M1A is so totally cool.  But man...

Think of the cost of the gas for that toy....
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 01:52:23 AM

/end thread

Really.  Can't you be reasonable?  Just think of the consequences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNdIBZWhzO8

LOL...

Now which would you want?

This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ExC7fE1LaY

Or This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3vWsa4ags
FirstAscent

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 01:59:27 AM

There's only one reason why a government would want to regulate firearms: to control the populace.

A government that sincerely wanted to help the citizens would protect their rights, educate them, lead by example, and stay the hell out of the way of everything else (like money creation).

This is conjecture on your part until you back it up with something more. Please do so. Even if you were right, how do you reconcile your beliefs with the annual gun deaths in Japan? And finally, please compare and contrast competing theories, such as a nation's (its people's) interest in safety.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: