Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 07:57:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Indonesian Government Banned Bitcoin  (Read 1949 times)
Javathon

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:57:18 PM

I am Indonesian, after about 6 years living with bitcoin life, mining, trading and join bitcoin community, from mining and trading i got more income and others benefit but what  happen now? bank central of indonesia will ban bitcoin, Fucking stupid  Indonesian government

https://news.bitcoin.com/indonesia-media-urge-bitcoiners-to-cash-in-ahead-of-coming-crypto-ban/?utm_source=OneSignal%20Push&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=Push%20Notifications

Why would the government hinder the financial growth of other people, and why do they see bitcoin like a poison in the economy? It helped many people I know and there are more people who will benefit in bitcoin and in cryptos if the government will allow the circulation of cryptocurrencies.
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:02:29 PM

I am Indonesian, after about 6 years living with bitcoin life, mining, trading and join bitcoin community, from mining and trading i got more income and others benefit but what  happen now? bank central of indonesia will ban bitcoin, Fucking stupid  Indonesian government

https://news.bitcoin.com/indonesia-media-urge-bitcoiners-to-cash-in-ahead-of-coming-crypto-ban/?utm_source=OneSignal%20Push&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=Push%20Notifications
You must to leave this country, I don't know what else you can do. Move to country that accepted or will accept bitcoin in future.
retnoanjani

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 04:40:02 AM

actually the only prohibited to be used as payment, because the legitimate currency in Indonesia is only rupiah. so, the ownership of bitcoin investment is not prohibited, but the risk of loss etc. is not guaranteed by the government.

ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:01:31 PM

The government always provide what is the best for the both parties and I think Indonesian government has a reasonable reason why they banned the company and management of bitcoin.
As far as I know most of Indonesian are cash-based which they consider only cash in all traction which in this kind of trade bitcoin cannot survive because there will be small market that will cover their product.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:19:14 PM

Instead of judging over the government of any country or their decisions I would like to accept the fact that Bitcoin has some defects which are harmful for normal citizen. Let's face the fact Bitcoin cannot beat cash till now because the transactions are very slow the fees are high and also people are getting scared frequently. All these points are enough to prove that Bitcoin is still now risky. Now let's talk about their decision as well I am sure government has thought about this decision before making it but it's true that Bitcoin has a lot of potential and is necessary to remove the corruption from any country.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:39:42 PM

Indonesian Central Bank is only bluffing. They dislike Indonesian people holding currencies other than rupiah. They don't want us Indonesian people benefiting or being rich from bitcoin. We Indonesians will not subdue to these centralized & corrupt scumbags. I still hold my bitcoins and my other alts. I couldn't wait what they are going to do next week.

Most govenments are missing it. Trump knows he cant stop it...hes just like we are watching the bitcoin. Cause knows the reality. But i this some gvt just say things they have no idea of

Another suppressive country who's inhabitants specially need Bitcoin to free themselves from the tirany of their corrupt, control freak, selfish, extortionating leaders, who keep 98% of the population poor by enriching themselves shamelessly.
and this sort of oppression is something that the idea of bitcoin goes against, resists even. the decentralization of bitcoin puts its strength in the numbers of its users, and prevents one single entity from taking control of the network without an unreasonable amount of effort and investment. ideally, i'd like to see bitcoin win over this sort of oppression, but it only goes as far as the people and users are willing to. that being said, im not too familiar with the indonesian government and how it operates, and this ban might not be the result of oppression, but bitcoin is fully capable of weathering through much more than this.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
CrowdFunder

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:51:14 PM

actually the only prohibited to be used as payment, because the legitimate currency in Indonesia is only rupiah. so, the ownership of bitcoin investment is not prohibited, but the risk of loss etc. is not guaranteed by the government.

In other words trading and speculating is allowed but shops aren't allowed to accept is as a form of payment? That is still very restrictive but I don't think many physical shops in Indonesia were accepting bitcoin as a payment method anyway.
Karen23

Activity: 189

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:52:24 PM

Do not worry, people in Indonesia who have bitcoins in their pocket will surely make a way to continue their bread and butter.  Do not panic.  If this is true and officially release their will be a crash for days or weeks but this will also good to some investors who will benefit the correction.  So do not worry store your BTC.  Do not sold them yet.

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER     █ █ █ █     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     █ █ █ █     ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ● ⚫ ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
enterprevic1

Activity: 64

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:07:23 PM

This probably happened because it helps aid money laundering

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬[/center
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:51:00 PM

from what i understood in the article is that they are afraid of bitcoin being used in the wrong way, as bitcoin provides total anonymity to the person usi,g and banks and goverments will not be able to track down the money entering or leaving the country or wether it is legit or not, many countries are having the same prespective but some of them are afraid of it so they ban it, like  maroco and indonisia and russia to name a few, and others relized that they are unable to stop it so they embrace it and try to use it for their advantages.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:08:04 PM

As I understand, the government will ban the use of bitcoin as a means of payment. But to make everything clear, let's wait what the rules will look like. Whether we are still allowed to store bitcoin as an asset or not.

HashieNewb

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:23:33 PM

I think Indonesian government has a reasonable reason why they banned the company and management of bitcoin.
As what I read most of Indonesian are cash-based which they consider only cash in all traction which in this kind of trade bitcoin cannot survive because there will be small market that will cover their product.
If a government bans Bitcoin then it might look like they are trying to purchase Bitcoin without anyone openly knowing about it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:25:03 PM

I can only imagine how much time you have invested in cryptos and all the knowledge you have attained that can be passed on to others, this really is a blow to the crypto community in indonesia and the crypto world as a whole as this should have been used as a platform for financial litercy. From the article it sounds like digital currencies are extensively used in Indonesian such that the governor says the ban is done to maintain the sovereignty of the rupiah as legal tender  Roll Eyes but afaik btc is in this equation as a supplementary.
chris molty

Activity: 59

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:33:25 PM

How to take it? after china ... bad news starts for bitcoin?
Karen23

Activity: 189

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:19:54 AM

Do not worry, people in Indonesia who have bitcoins in their pocket will surely make a way to continue their bread and butter.  Do not panic.  If this is true and officially release their will be a crash for days or weeks but this will also good to some investors who will benefit the correction.  So do not worry store your BTC.  Do not sold them yet.

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER     █ █ █ █     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     █ █ █ █     ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ● ⚫ ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pasabm

Activity: 94

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:38:21 AM

Let's wait what will happen if the Indonesian government forbids bitcoin. So far the government only claims that bitcoin is not a valid means of payment. What prohibition will they set, whether the bitcoin can not be used. Then how the fate of investors who invested bitcoin.
habibruis

Activity: 328
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:55:58 AM

Bitcoin does not care any government ban. We will support bitcoin forever.  Let's support to bitcoin without any government abstractness. I hope all the governments of the world will be forced to approve Bitcoin one day.
danggoron

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:31:17 AM

Let's wait what will happen if the Indonesian government forbids bitcoin. So far the government only claims that bitcoin is not a valid means of payment. What prohibition will they set, whether the bitcoin can not be used. Then how the fate of investors who invested bitcoin.
The Indonesian government forbids bitcoin to be used as payment, because according to the legitimate currency law is rupiah. however, I believe that the government will not completely ban it, because the government is getting interested in blockchain technology, and some big banks will adopt the technology.

MD Milon

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:58:55 AM

[quote aunow globally bitcoin user are increasing ,also in Indonesia.this government banned bitcoin,because of lakings of information,digital currency crashed,but ,now bitcoin popularity also so much in Indonesia.
zais

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:42:32 AM

according to news news that i know indonesia will BANNED bitcoin 2018 .... i am native indonesi ... whether the news is true or just hoax wait for more news
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: