Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:46:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479234 times)
Vbs

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:05:28 AM

Plot Twist: Cointerra production scheduled for December

http://thegenesisblock.com/billionaire-investor-and-samsung-lead-cpu-architect-bet-on-bitcoin-mining/

In before "ZOMG MUHNEPYOOLATERS!!!11!@!"

The team is lead by Ravi Iyengar, previously the Lead CPU Architect at Samsung where he helped design chips for compact mobile devices such as the Galaxy S4.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=267552.msg2865100#msg2865100

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=267552.msg2865600#msg2865600

'nuff said about Cointerra. Smiley

My oh my, do we know anyone that has any solid experience on high toggle rate chips? Let me check... Roll Eyes

http://www.easic.com/easic-and-radiocomp-deliver-low-power-6g-cpri-v4-1-rec-solution/

http://www.easic.com/easics-enables-3x-increase-in-energy-efficiency-for-astrophysical-simulation-supercomputer/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:06:31 AM

Hasn't there been a handful of FUD peddling trolls over the past couple weeks? Obviously trying to manipulate.. They all go silent after a day or two.

Won't be long before trollbox-tony gets bored and crawls off under another bridge to ignite... what's funny is just last week he was totally convinced of ATCM's success and song birding about future ownership of Putin's yacht, thanks to Ken.

Where's the loyalty.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 02:07:04 AM

I honestly don't care about Cointerra. Asicminer have had a huge share of the market for a long time and they still have plenty of profitable competitors.
Even if Cointerra come to have a big market share ActiveMining will still be profitable, and I will still make money on my shares.

I can't invest in cointerra, but I can in ActiveMining, and I'm quite happy with where the company is at present.

That's nice, but we are already well aware of your biases. 

I was asking if you had decided The Genesis Block is no longer reputable, based solely on their repeating a false story widely reported elsewhere and timely issuance of corrections.

And BTW, CoinTerra pre-orders beging at the end of the month. 

But that's according to The Genesis Block, which as all know, has burned its credibility in a single unfortunate, unintentional, arguably unavoidable act of self-immolation.   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 02:10:50 AM

Hasn't there been a handful of FUD peddling trolls over the past couple weeks? They all go silent after a day or two.

Won't be long before trollbox-tony gets bored and crawls off under another bridge to ignite... what's funny is just last week he was convinced of ATCM's success and song birding about future ownership of Putin's yacht, thanks to Ken.

Where's the loyalty.

The loyalty has gone nowhere.  I am performing my duty to disrupt groupthink and bring new information to light, no matter how inconvenient or unpopular.

You are confusing loyalty with sycophantic fawning, grovelling, and brown-nosing.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:11:57 AM

http://thegenesisblock.com/billionaire-investor-and-samsung-lead-cpu-architect-bet-on-bitcoin-mining/

The team is lead by Ravi Iyengar, previously the Lead CPU Architect at Samsung where he helped design chips for compact mobile devices such as the Galaxy S4.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=267552.msg2865100#msg2865100

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=267552.msg2865600#msg2865600

'nuff said about Cointerra. Smiley

VBS, "The FUD stops here."

I am curious, what is 21112's background? Seems pretty obviously engineering. Is he an IC guy, or do you know?

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ArcticWolf

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:15:50 AM

I honestly don't care about Cointerra. Asicminer have had a huge share of the market for a long time and they still have plenty of profitable competitors.
Even if Cointerra come to have a big market share ActiveMining will still be profitable, and I will still make money on my shares.

I can't invest in cointerra, but I can in ActiveMining, and I'm quite happy with where the company is at present.

That's nice, but we are already well aware of your biases. 

I was asking if you had decided The Genesis Block is no longer reputable, based solely on their repeating a false story widely reported elsewhere and timely issuance of corrections.

And BTW, CoinTerra pre-orders beging at the end of the month. 

But that's according to The Genesis Block, which as all know, has burned its credibility in a single unfortunate, unintentional, arguably unavoidable act of self-immolation.   Wink

Now you're just sad iCEBREAKER. I used to think you we're kind of funny, but to have to stoop to this kind of defective argument just makes me realize just how sad and lonely you must be.

There there, it'll get better Smiley

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 02:35:08 AM

In response to pertinent new information regarding a key ACTM competitor's previously unknown targeted shipping date (December), you said

An article from the same folks that ran the Avalon article?
I'm shaking in my boots.

Instead of reacting in a calm, rational manner, you used sarcasm to shoot the messenger  (TGB) and deflect from the need to respond intelligently to the message.

When I called you out for your boorish behavior, you again attacked the messenger (me).

Instead of acting like a child and throwing a fit in the face of inconvenient facts, why not own your shitty attitude, man up, and accept this new reality?

It's not that hard, Exocyst already has done so.

I think CoinTerra is a serious competitor in the hardware sales department; however, ActM should have every opportunity to beat them to market with hardware AND if you remember Ken's initial goal with AMC, the goal is to dominate nethash--hardware sales are just a bonus for investors. Let CoinTerra drive mining hardware costs down, so long as ActM's cost is lower than CoinTerra's retail, then ActM should be able to gain hashing marketshare

See?  It's not that hard to act like an adult and drop the snotty petulant teenager attitude, even when a disliked messenger delivers Potentially Bad News.   Kiss

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Vbs

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:36:32 AM

VBS, "The FUD stops here."

I am curious, what is 21112's background? Seems pretty obviously engineering. Is he an IC guy, or do you know?

Dunno, but there's some heavy IC design knowledge right there. He hit the nail on the head.
Vbs

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:38:49 AM

In response to pertinent new information regarding a key ACTM competitor's previously unknown targeted shipping date (December), you said

I'm shaking in my boots.

Instead of reacting in a calm, rational manner, you used sarcasm to shoot the messenger  (TGB) and deflect from the need to respond intelligently to the message.

When I called you out for your boorish behavior, you again attacked the messenger (me).

Instead of acting like a child and throwing a fit in the face of inconvenient facts, why not own your shitty attitude, man up, and accept this new reality?

I think CoinTerra is a serious competitor in the hardware sales department; however, ActM should have every opportunity to beat them to market with hardware AND if you remember Ken's initial goal with AMC, the goal is to dominate nethash--hardware sales are just a bonus for investors. Let CoinTerra drive mining hardware costs down, so long as ActM's cost is lower than CoinTerra's retail, then ActM should be able to gain hashing marketshare

See?  It's not that hard to act like an adult and drop the snotty petulant teenager attitude, even when a disliked messenger delivers Potentially Bad News.   Kiss

Adult? Where, where?!?! Kiss
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:39:13 AM

Is icebreaker the guy who runs mpex? This is starting to make sense.
ArcticWolf

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:53:02 AM

I'm shaking in my boots.

Instead of reacting in a calm, rational manner, you used sarcasm to shoot the messenger  (TGB) and deflect from the need to respond intelligently to the message.

See?  It's not that hard to act like an adult and drop the snotty petulant teenager attitude, even when a disliked messenger delivers Potentially Bad News.   Kiss

If you had looked a few posts earlier, you would notice that I had in fact responded. But you're too busy attacking me ad hominem.

You arent going to sway me and I dont care for your tone, arguing with you is not worth my time.

I'm shaking in my boots.

"The same folks?"   Huh

No, The Genesis Block was repeating a story widely reported elsewhere.  They have since issued corrections, of course.   Roll Eyes

So now The Genesis Block is not reputable?  Whatever you say man.  I'm sure they are shaking in their boots at the thought of you no longer giving them pageviews.   Grin

Keep wishing Cointerra is just imaginary and will go away if you pretend they don't exist.  LMK how that works out for you.   Cool

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:54:30 AM

is that the almost unheard of exchange that looks like a 3 year old kids coloring book? 

piecinitup

Activity: 158

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 04:06:41 AM

is that the almost unheard of exchange that looks like a 3 year old kids coloring book? 

Lol, I went there earlier and thought maybe their CSS file was miss-linked or something was wrong, nope.  That's a real site. 

https://1broker.com/?r=34050  1broker is the easiest way to trade other markets than crypto using BTC!  Copy successful traders or just trade yourself!
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 05:01:07 AM

Lol, I went there earlier and thought maybe their CSS file was miss-linked or something was wrong, nope.  That's a real site. 

from the FAQ:
So how do I use this thing ?
First, you need to get registered. Export your public key (gpg --armor --output pubkey.txt --export 'Your Name') and email it. Make sure you include the exact phrase "I understand that I will be required to pay 30 BTC as fees for registering this account, and I agree and promise to do so" or your email will be discarded unread. This is unfortunately necessary because idiots.

Sounds like a 13 year old kid with down syndrome running the place.  The entire FAQ is full of poor attitude and zero professionalism.  Who the hell would pay this guy a single BTC??

dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 05:19:19 AM

It's like a founders club where only the cool kid OG bitcoin miners can play.

It's a ridiculous relic of an era gone by
Stuartuk

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 11:31:59 AM

See?  It's not that hard to act like an adult and drop the snotty petulant teenager attitude

Why not try it then? You are a lot calmer today, no more JR photos or extravagant claims as to your success at getting out of a market just before a solid 35% rise - lol. Has the coffee worn off?

Oh and thank God for your 'group-think disruptor behavior', I mean before you turned up no one here had ever questioned anything that ACtM had done. Oh hold on, we as a community actually made the CEO completely re-structure the company giving us a much better deal, got him to start hiring staff, got a home visit to the company site, checked out CEO's background, contacted eASIC, oh the list goes on. We know exactly what the company is doing, where it's planning to go and in what market it operates. If you think you printing a link to some shitty 'news' article now and again is assisting any of us in out investing decisions you are wrong. What sane person would take advice from you when you have told us how amateurishly you exited from ACtM yesterday and are now badly wishing you had stayed in. That's why you are here. We are more than capable of staying aware of the competition dumb ass. But don't worry you can't drive price back down again to get back in, no one is listening to you anymore. If you want back in, bite the bullet and take the loss you sad excuse of a man.
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 12:02:53 PM

I guess the tendered shares aren't getting the dividends until after the last few awkward transfers are figured out.

Thanks for keeping the FUD machine rolling guys, got a buy in this morning, still undervalued Cheesy

I think CoinTerra is a serious competitor in the hardware sales department; however, ActM should have every opportunity to beat them to market with hardware AND if you remember Ken's initial goal with AMC, the goal is to dominate nethash--hardware sales are just a bonus for investors. Let CoinTerra drive mining hardware costs down, so long as ActM's cost is lower than CoinTerra's retail, then ActM should be able to gain hashing marketshare, which is the main goal of ActM.

Not real worried about cointerra and hashfash wrt to "our" hardware development yet, I think Ken might be aiming for the sweet spot on the process and should get good yields, not much point going for 10x more hash if you get 10x more rejects, use 10x the die area and to get it to work at all have to use more exotic wafers and processes.

Not to mention... ActM has an underground cave to do its hashing, which is really cool.

Yah, we gots a MUDDER-FREAKIN' BATCAVE!!!! Who else has a BATCAVE, HUH? HUH?

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 12:07:59 PM

Yah, we gots a MUDDER-FREAKIN' BATCAVE!!!! Who else has a BATCAVE, HUH? HUH?

Does that make Icebreaker, The Joker?
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 12:30:23 PM

I know, this is off topic but new guys asked, so here we go. 

Icebraker? Icebraker is just a lonely idiot with too much free time on his hand. Ignore him and you do not regret it.

Asshole, who runs mpex, is called Mircea Popescu (yes, he named the exchange after himself, fkn narcissist indeed).
Mircea Popescu is a lunatic from Romania. He is too important (read: scared shitless) to use bitcointalk but you can see him ego-stroking himself in freenode irc. He loves to brag about beating up women (sound like he has serious mental issues and plethora of complexes involving his mother. Never mind that, for now.) He also gets off on telling everyone, how smart he actually is and how stupid the rest of the human race is. LOL.
This pompous scumbag from Romania has a sock puppet. You have probably met her. This seriously butt hurt sock puppet (no wonder it hurts, if Mirceas hand is up her ass all day long, to make her "lips move" -  spam the bitcointalk) is called MPOE-PR  :*  She had a colourful career in porn site spamming (too lazy to look up the link).
His master Popescu is also a known spammer. His Polimedia.us used to be home for is one stock wunder-bazaar MPEX. Polimedia.us was also hosting a porn site. Some say, he was peddling kiddie porn too from that same address. Not surprised at all. He is seriously ill.

BTW, It is truly amazing, how 2 dipshits, MPOE-PR and Mircea Popescu actually met. Some say,  hi is just hiding behind the skirt and writes all that crap himself. LOL, It makes him even more pathetic.

Cheers and welcome to bitcointalk - The bottomless cesspool of BTC world. Smiley

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
physalis

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 12:48:34 PM

BTW, It is truly amazing, how 2 dipshits, MPOE-PR and Mircea Popescu actually met. Some say,  hi is just hiding behind the skirt and writes all that crap himself. LOL, It makes him even more pathetic.

That is what I believe. It's him all along. I believe it's too much of a coincidence that such a huge bitch and such a giant asshole meet and actually get along enough to form a partnership or whatever the hell that is supposed to be.
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: