Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:32:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479234 times)
kleeck

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:14:37 PM

Please understand that the IPO that promising you more unicorns for your money is not "a better IPO," but a bigger load of crap.
The 28nm "bitcoin ASICs" are as real right now as unicorns.
Sure, they could be built by someone in the future, when the stars align, the lord is willing and if the creek don't rise. 
'Till that happy day, the process of the ASIC & its specs are a function of your credulity and the audacity of the IPO.

*Ahem*:

Quote from: eAsic

“'We are extremely excited to be working with one of the world leaders in storage technology,' said Ronnie Vasishta, President and CEO of eASIC. 'Seagate has an exceptional history in bringing world class technology and innovation to the storage market. Using our eASIC Nextreme-3 28nm single via configuration technology will help Seagate to bring storage innovation at a pace not yet seen in this industry,' added Vasishta."

(http://www.easic.com/easic-announces-strategic-investment-by-seagate/)

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
N_S

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:15:36 PM

I mean, no need to be a dick about it. Typically if someone is going to post some news about some story, it's considered good practice to include a link.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:17:46 PM

I also heard that MinerASIC is launching 900TH by Christmas...
and a DonaldsMC restaurant. 

knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:19:19 PM

I mean, no need to be a dick about it. Typically if you're going to post some news about some story, it's considered good practice to include a link.

sorry was being cheeky... no dickery implied.
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:19:23 PM

Please understand that the IPO that promising you more unicorns for your money is not "a better IPO," but a bigger load of crap.
Sure, they could be built by someone in the future, when the stars align, the lord is willing and if the creek don't rise.  
'Till that happy day, the process of the ASIC & its specs are a function of your credulity and the audacity of the IPO.

*Ahem*:

“'We are extremely excited to be working with one of the world leaders in storage technology,' said Ronnie Vasishta, President and CEO of eASIC. 'Seagate has an exceptional history in bringing world class technology and innovation to the storage market. Using our eASIC Nextreme-3 28nm single via configuration technology will help Seagate to bring storage innovation at a pace not yet seen in this industry,' added Vasishta."

Yes?
kleeck

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:22:51 PM

*Ahem*:

Yes?

I take it you haven't been following this security very closely... I'll let you do some research and trust you will figure out the error of your unicorn analogy. Cheesy Good luck, sir.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
crumbs

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:27:58 PM

*Ahem*:

Yes?

I take it you haven't been following this security very closely... I'll let you do some research and trust you will figure out the error of your unicorn analogy. Cheesy

I take it reading wasn't your strongest subject?  What does Seagate's ASIC have to do with ActiveMining ASIC?  You're going to be hashing with it? Cheesy
kleeck

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:32:05 PM

*Ahem*:

Yes?

I take it you haven't been following this security very closely... I'll let you do some research and trust you will figure out the error of your unicorn analogy. Cheesy

I take it reading wasn't your strongest subject?  What does Seagate's ASIC have to do with ActiveMining ASIC?  You're going to be hashing with it? Cheesy

Aw...  Cry You obviously didn't do any research. It's OK. Sometimes the facts don't line up with the FUD. I'll see myself out so you can continue your banter unabated.  Wink

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:37:58 PM

It was actually 900PH, get your facts straight.

hardware sales will be good with their 330 th/s BSU miners and 10 ph/s rotpure.  ken must be shitting himself as we speak...

kleeck

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:40:30 PM

hardware sales will be good with their 330 th/s BSU miners and 10 ph/s rotpure.  ken must be shitting himself as we speak...

Absolutely terrifying! I bet MinerASIC is going to be the next ASICMiner! I hear the IPO starts in 2.456 seconds!  Shocked

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
crumbs

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:42:55 PM

*Ahem*:

Yes?

Aw...  Cry You obviously didn't do any research. It's OK. Sometimes the facts don't line up with the FUD. I'll see myself out so you can continue your banter unabated.  Wink

How dense are you?  There is no 28nm "bitcoin" ASIC.  Fact.  None.  Prove me wrong or STFU.  
crumbs

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:47:16 PM

14nm is just around the corner, but that doesn't even matter because a Quantum Bitcoin Miner was just invented by the North Koreans that effectively makes it a SHA-128. Sorry but the North Koreans won again.

Unless there's non-Euclidean quadro-parallel megahashing involved, if you didn't IPO last week, you've missed da boat.
kleeck

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:47:48 PM

*Ahem*:

Yes?

Aw...  Cry You obviously didn't do any research. It's OK. Sometimes the facts don't line up with the FUD. I'll see myself out so you can continue your banter unabated.  Wink

How dense are you?  There is no 28nm "bitcoin" ASIC.  Fact.  None.  Prove me wrong or STFU.  

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
crumbs

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:48:38 PM

Says the guy that refers to CoinTerra with a "We" and then deletes said post.

Weird that you consider yourself part of a company that is making a 28nm ASIC.

I'm always blown away by your imagination.

That's right.  I'm behind Cointerra, Terracoin, and i'm DeaDTerra's sock.
*Note to self: Buy tinfoil stock.
adub

Activity: 171

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 06:06:32 PM

Whole market is taking a hit today - if it didnt take 5 days to turn fiat into bitcoin id be xfering in more

I feel bad for you, I finally got my L2 Confirmation from CoinBase a couple weeks ago, really loving the 50BTC per day available in my wallet in 6 seconds...

Hell, they dont even know if there is money in my account when they let me walk off with $5k in coin, I could technically turn fiat to coin in -2 days Wink
Too risky of course, and I know for a fact that they have more personal info on me than the IRS & SSA, so definitely wouldn't want to get caught on the wrong end of a deal like that Roll Eyes

Highly recommend their service.

+1 same here!

blog.atlantabitcoin.com || www.linkedin.com/in/atlantabitcoin
Ask me about how to legally operate Bitcoin ATM/Kiosks in the US!
Curious about how the various Bitcoin ATMs measure up? Check out bitcoinatmsales.com.
Bitrated: https://www.bitrated.com/aawilliams/
neilol

Activity: 302

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:16:48 PM

Whole market is taking a hit today - if it didnt take 5 days to turn fiat into bitcoin id be xfering in more

I feel bad for you, I finally got my L2 Confirmation from CoinBase a couple weeks ago, really loving the 50BTC per day available in my wallet in 6 seconds...

Hell, they dont even know if there is money in my account when they let me walk off with $5k in coin, I could technically turn fiat to coin in -2 days Wink
Too risky of course, and I know for a fact that they have more personal info on me than the IRS & SSA, so definitely wouldn't want to get caught on the wrong end of a deal like that Roll Eyes

+1 same here!

OT..I know
Will check this out - how long did L2 take? I assume you need to scan drivers license, electric bill, etc?

N_S

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:19:42 PM

+1 same here!

OT..I know
Will check this out - how long did L2 take? I assume you need to scan drivers license, electric bill, etc?

Nope. It took all of maybe 5min as I recall. Simply answer a string of questions about things like previous residences, etc. and you're done.
adub

Activity: 171

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 06:19:56 PM

OT..I know

L2 is online. You just confirm some things from your credit report and you're done.

It does sometimes take a while to transfer. For example, I'll buy, then transfer, but it doesn't hit the network for up to 1 hour. I contacted support and they said that is fixed. Let me know how it works for you.

blog.atlantabitcoin.com || www.linkedin.com/in/atlantabitcoin
Ask me about how to legally operate Bitcoin ATM/Kiosks in the US!
Curious about how the various Bitcoin ATMs measure up? Check out bitcoinatmsales.com.
Bitrated: https://www.bitrated.com/aawilliams/
piecinitup

Activity: 158

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:28:26 PM

OT..I know

L2 is online. You just confirm some things from your credit report and you're done.

It does sometimes take a while to transfer. For example, I'll buy, then transfer, but it doesn't hit the network for up to 1 hour. I contacted support and they said that is fixed. Let me know how it works for you.

I wish I would have L2, I bought btc on July 7th but in the middle of the month I accidentally tried purchasing some thinking the money would be in my account in time and sure enough it wasn't so I had the bank removed and I had to start my 30 days over.

Are divs being paid today or is it always gonna be Friday from now on?

https://1broker.com/?r=34050  1broker is the easiest way to trade other markets than crypto using BTC!  Copy successful traders or just trade yourself!
VinceSamios

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 06:59:05 PM

Can somebody explain to me the suggestion that a "28nm ASIC" is basically just a 28nm FPGA... I read the eASIC press release to mean they've simplified the process of designing ASIC's to a level on par (in simplicity terms) to coding an FPGA? In other words "We've got software which basically designs the ASIC for us, based on an algorithm" rather than "our 28nm asic's are actually fpga's"

Maybe I'm missing the point here, but a 28nm ASIC is an ASIC... There's absolutely no way anyone could get 16GH on an FPGA chip, or even a semi-FPGA chip (whatever that is). If we compare the "real 65nm ASIC" produced by BFL, at 4.5GH, with the apparently "not real 28nm ASIC" running at 16GH, by your suggestion the concept that a 28nm chip can hash at 16GH is impossible.

I'll freely admit I'm not an engineer, but I am a logical person, I code, and I understand the concepts and differences between FPGA's and ASIC's. What's being suggested simply doesn't compute.

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: