Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:09:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479234 times)
runeks
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 04:45:13 PM

You're right, ASICMINER doesn't have a picture of a Chenbro 4U Open-bay Compact Rackmount Chassis on a website. Primarily because:

1. ASICMINER doesn't have a website
2. ASICMINER doesn't sell Chenbro 4U Open-bay Compact Rackmount Chassis

I mean, let's be honest here. ASICMINER doesn't have a 24.576 TH miner, and neither do you. ASICMINER does, however, have a lot of 10 GH miners, which you don't.

Do we really need to go the bashing route? More than one business following the Asicminer model is a good thing, not a bad one. That is just a pic of the main chassis that the upcoming miners will use.
Alright, I admit my comment was slightly provocative, but I don't think I stated anything that isn't a fact. I wasn't trying to bash anyone; just point out that comparing a shipping product to a product in development will always make you look superior.

It reminds me of rivaling chip producers like AMD and Intel. When Intel is leading in chip performance, AMD, or supporters hereof, will say "Yeah, but just wait until the new 20 nm AMD chip comes out, it'll be much faster than that Intel chip.". Of course that's true, but Intel won't be sitting still while AMD is working on a new chip.

You're right, ASICMINER doesn't have a picture of a Chenbro 4U Open-bay Compact Rackmount Chassis on a website. Primarily because:

I mean, let's be honest here. ASICMINER doesn't have a 24.576 TH miner, and neither do you. ASICMINER does, however, have a lot of 10 GH miners, which you don't.

Yes, let's be honest we are going to build these and when we do, how may of those 10 GH/s miners will it take to make 1 of these, the answer is 2,457 and these will use a lot less power to boot.
As I mentioned above, ASICMINER is also developing news chips. Hell, everyone is!

So yes, your future technology beats ASICMINER's present technology. Future technology always beats present technology.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stslimited

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:49:01 PM

Do we really need to go the bashing route? More than one business following the Asicminer model is a good thing, not a bad one. That is just a pic of the main chassis that the upcoming miners will use.
Alright, I admit my comment was slightly provocative, but I don't think I stated anything that isn't a fact. I wasn't trying to bash anyone; just point out that comparing a shipping product to a product in development will always make you look superior.

It reminds me of rivaling chip producers like AMD and Intel. When Intel is leading in chip performance, AMD, or supporters hereof, will say "Yeah, but just wait until the new 20 nm AMD chip comes out, it'll be much faster than that Intel chip.". Of course that's true, but Intel won't be sitting still while AMD is working on a new chip.

Yes, let's be honest we are going to build these and when we do, how may of those 10 GH/s miners will it take to make 1 of these, the answer is 2,457 and these will use a lot less power to boot.
As I mentioned above, ASICMINER is also developing news chips. Hell, everyone is!

So yes, your future technology beats ASICMINER's present technology. Future technology always beats present technology.

I don't really get what the issue is... just buy ASICMINER pass through
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 04:50:58 PM

Verify queue down to zero, as of this time, transferring shares now on bitfunder.  BTC-TC will be next.
matuszed

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 05:59:02 PM

Verify queue down to zero, as of this time, transferring shares now on bitfunder.  BTC-TC will be next.

Got my shares.  Hats off to Ken on this one this process has been seamless thus far. 

Also kinda crazy that as i'm writing this ActiveMining shares are trading less than AMC shares on BTCT, BTCT has just so much more BTC notional floating around in it.

"Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent." -Keynes
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:04:19 PM

Been 5 hours. Still waiting for mine.
lewicki

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:19:41 PM

BTC-TC is at the .0025 wall Cheesy. BitFunder AMC shares are trending upwards as well.
finlof

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:21:09 PM

transfer sent.  looking forward to good things.
enigmazr

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:27:46 PM

I like where this merger is heading and I plan to tender my shares soon; however, its unfortunate that my purchased options are virtually worthless now.  I will lose a small fortune on those.

As a side note, to avoid confusion with ASICminer (AM), I propose that the abbreviated form of ActiveMining should simply be ActM.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:34:31 PM

Been 5 hours. Still waiting for mine.

Confirm received mine now. Thanks
synapseattack

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:37:56 PM

As a side note, to avoid confusion with ASICminer (AM), I propose that the abbreviated form of ActiveMining should simply be ActM.

+1
Lets make it perfectly clear even to idiots. That way theres no bitching later or people clamming some other bullshit
Vbs

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:41:08 PM

I am still planning to visit Springfield this Saturday.  I am awaiting a response from SoylentCreek. 

We should build a list of important points to address at the meeting.

What information do you guys want to see?  Questions, pictures, etc...

Posted in AMC thread as well, not sure which thread is appropriate.

-babefoot

I want to see a pic of you guys making a toast to the future of ActiveMining! Grin
mobile

Activity: 400

the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:48:09 PM

On BTCT.Co To BTCT.Co shares (When And If Approved on BTC-TC):

1). Tender your AMC shares by pushing the shares to AMCTENDER1.
Your AMC shares will then be tendered for ActiveMining shares on BTCT.Co.
2).  Then email the above information to tender@activeminingcorp.com

Better safe then sorry. Am I going about doing this correctly via "Internal Asset Transfer"? Followed by an email?

Just bought more. Looking forward to this...

1MoBi1eNbqh8QMuvtZjYzQGV8NEckJJYcT rep|GnuPG <3 CLAM <3
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:06:18 PM

Are dividends paid weekly?

canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:10:16 PM

Better safe then sorry. Am I going about doing this correctly via "Internal Asset Transfer"? Followed by an email?

Yes, you are doing this correctly, however I'd suggest you wait a day or two until Burnside approves the new ActiveMiner shares, otherwise you'll be waiting to see the transfer take effect. There's no rush - you've got 3 weeks.

mobile

Activity: 400

the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:20:17 PM

Yes, you are doing this correctly, however I'd suggest you wait a day or two until Burnside approves the new ActiveMiner shares, otherwise you'll be waiting to see the transfer take effect. There's no rush - you've got 3 weeks.

Thank you for your response. In regards to waiting a couple days. Good point, I was considering this. Cheers...

1MoBi1eNbqh8QMuvtZjYzQGV8NEckJJYcT rep|GnuPG <3 CLAM <3
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 08:30:10 PM

Are dividends paid weekly?

Yes
kosmokramer

Activity: 266

The Assman: CEO of Vandelay Import/Export, Inc.

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 09:23:32 PM

I'm personally a fan of ATM Smiley

And I hear you on the options - I'm getting burned hard there. As exciting as the merger is, those of us with options are taking quite a hit.

firstbits: 1kosmo | PGP Public Key
WildFire.ca

Activity: 980
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 09:47:09 PM

I was thinking we should keep the acronym AMC when we reference the company. It might cause some confusion with the child company AMC, but I doubt we will be talking about it much more.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
bobboooiie

Activity: 656

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:12:51 PM

Still not received mine, transferred ~10hours ago ? something wrong or should I just be more patient Smiley ?
lewicki

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:14:44 PM

I'm personally a fan of ATM Smiley

And I hear you on the options - I'm getting burned hard there. As exciting as the merger is, those of us with options are taking quite a hit.

AMC will lag behind, true. But it will still go up, at least there isn't a wall to chew through. Plus until July 31st, it doesn't really matter which security has the wall.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: