Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:31:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ZERO - COMMUNITY TAKEOVER  (Read 68141 times)
awill333

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:07:12 PM

Folks, I'm rather taken aback, by all the warmth and inclusivity.

Even overwhelmed by the friendly banter and creative namecalling...

Those who have been with the project from the beginning do know who did what and when and why.
Did not think I'd have to prove my credentials, but for those newer to the scene, let me mention a few crucial points in its history:
- Zcash critical patch 1.0.8-1
- The port of Vaklinov Java wallet to Zero
- Original seeder nodes going offline
- Zcash update to 1.0.12

I implore the long-term participants to step up and straighten this out.
  Tearo

Glad you appreciate my affections. I will call you a creative name now: "thief" .. Thats what we call people who steal. Where's the money? You too busy social engineering to send back the money? Sure the money is petty but it is a token an example a representation and you did your token example representation of disappearing and taking the money and running your mouth and not producing. that is the history that I know.

- You claim title to vaklinov's wallet? you didn't write that. a high school student could have done that "port" it's the same daemon. 5 minutes.
komodo and zcash use that wallet. it's a POS wallet and I dont mean proof of stake. The port was done poorly, it barely works. Bad splash screen, probably still links to zcash' block explorer like komodo's did the whole time they used it. haven't checked that yet. why brag a wallet you didn't write? zero will have it's own wallet this JS trash is like a joke.

- You put the original seeder nodes offline? DDOS? and thats bragging rights?

- i don't know about the zcash update, still not impressed.

And just what will be straightened out? The multiple duplicates of the git repository and reddit pages that you are now posting links of outdated announcement pages on? That sounds really straight bro. This team needs some new life not excuses, procrastination and theft. Apologies but your arguments are hardly convincing of your integrity. more like just con.

So it is OK for you to steal money, disappear and now continue to attempt to cause distortions because you "ported" vaklinovs wallet?

I've been friends with people for years before having them turn on me and steal money, lots of it. You are no different. I see a turncoat, a mole, a saboteur . Prove me wrong, I would welcome that.

Yes I will stop berating you when I am told that I am wrong by somebody who is not you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
awill333

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:38:39 PM

- The port of Vaklinov Java wallet to Zero
- Original seeder nodes going offline

to verify my own statements I did check the block explorer as linked in the "zero" swing wallet by VAKLINOV and changed by you. The linked address presents browser errors

zeroexplorer.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for the following names: mailconfig.ovh.net,  The certificate expired on December 20, 2017, 3:59 PM. The current time is December 21, 2017, 11:31 AM. Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

The link directs all users of the zcash/zero swing wallet now to this page: https://zeroexplorer.com/?tx=[{txid}]

not the actual zero block explorer that lives here: http://zeroexplorer.forgetop.com/

Anyway, it's not my intention to pick nits but the reality adds up when all of these "little things" begin to like like a really big joke in the eyes of the public. who would pay for that? only a crazy visionary like me, and believe me, I did. So the reality is that I wish to see these things get improved. Enough feet dragging. It's time for action.
FOMI

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:00:12 PM

I would just like to comment that whilst we, as a community, obviously hope for fully committed members to engage often especially in a project as early on as we are. I do not think that individuals should be singled out especially on a group forum for the sole reason that it is a presentation of the community itself.

We must remember to think about how our posts will present the community.. this page (15) demonstrates an unharmonious, negatitive group that already has tension early on.... This will not benefit us.

I understand that we are passionate but do not forget that we are not able to fully understand each individuals lives, their outside commitments, their level of commitment to this group nor should we want to. It is not our place to judge.

Please do not attack/call out individuals unless they have been obviously malicious... Tearo has said he will be transfering the funds into the community address.. the very least we can do grace Tearo the opportunity to do this.

This is a community takeover so we must act as a community.. where individuals fall or slow.. others must pick up the slack.. this is the way the machine will keep moving.

REMEMBER... OTHERS WILL NOT KNOW THE HISTORY OF THIS COIN NOR THE BACKGROUND OF THE COMMUNITY... PLEASE THINK ABOUT HOW YOUR COMMENTS MAY APPEAR OUTSIDE OF THE COMMUNITY... WILL IT DRAW MORE PEOPLE IN... OR PUSH THEM AWAY.

TEARO: It would be very helpful to sort out the reddits/slacks etc so we can have just one representing who we are

Peace

FOMI
awill333

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:11:14 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2017, 06:21:49 PM by awill333

I would just like to comment that whilst we, as a community, obviously hope for fully committed members to engage often especially in a project as early on as we are. I do not think that individuals should be singled out especially on a group forum for the sole reason that it is a presentation of the community itself.

We must remember to think about how our posts will present the community.. this page (15) demonstrates an unharmonious, negatitive group that already has tension early on.... This will not benefit us.

I understand that we are passionate but do not forget that we are not able to fully understand each individuals lives, their outside commitments, their level of commitment to this group nor should we want to. It is not our place to judge.

Please do not attack/call out individuals unless they have been obviously malicious... Tearo has said he will be transfering the funds into the community address.. the very least we can do grace Tearo the opportunity to do this.

This is a community takeover so we must act as a community.. where individuals fall or slow.. others must pick up the slack.. this is the way the machine will keep moving.

REMEMBER... OTHERS WILL NOT KNOW THE HISTORY OF THIS COIN NOR THE BACKGROUND OF THE COMMUNITY... PLEASE THINK ABOUT HOW YOUR COMMENTS MAY APPEAR OUTSIDE OF THE COMMUNITY... WILL IT DRAW MORE PEOPLE IN... OR PUSH THEM AWAY.

TEARO: It would be very helpful to sort out the reddits/slacks etc so we can have just one representing who we are

Peace

FOMI

FOMI: THANKS. You have clarity and your statements show wise. I agree. Calling someone out is never fun or good. I dont like to do that but i like evil people even less.

Two things, I am psychic and very smart. But not required intelligent or psychic to see this guyz sabotage. Add the facts- he deliberately creates discord by contiuing deprecated repositories, reddit page, and btctalk ann page. He is the exclusive reason this discord exists. His refusal to solve shows hes not your friend.

He showed up to the table without even a worthy excuse like none of us deserve explanation. Treats us like fools acts like nothing happened. The whole time plotting against. He is paid mole that found hiz way to the heart of zero to stab it again and again thinks he is clever.

nothing to say for his self huh? Taking advantage of perceived naivety and weakness is truly pathetic attribute of a vile being.

I am not name calling i am speaking truth. If we are a community, commuties have rules. I am a share holder in zero and i just lost about $30k trading my kmd for zero b4 they mooned. So when i say that TEARO aint my friend I its not a joke or a judgement.

Proof is in actions. He attempts to ruin zeros image by posting diarrhea instead of legitimate reason like any of the VERY FEW legit reasonz for such a problem. If he had a legit reason he would most likely still be gone.

While i do have compassion and consideration for those who I love,  those who are against are against.

I am losing investment money until we as a community pull out of this. You are right fomi its not done by berating and criticism. Success is the result of honest and strong work. What i am doing now, picking up pieces from a broken puzzle that fool broke.

He wastes all of our energy remaining in ANY SORT of managerial postion and ACCESS MUST BE REMOVED from him to zero public faces and repos. If you forgive him and let him deny access to the managers then he will keep stabbing your hearts and think you are the fools like he has thought the whole time.

I am done wasting my time and good feelingz on such a parasite, I have work to do.

He needs to give up access codes for git and reddit to Demarsac so we can repair the ship.

He not speaking for me or my funds. Hes done more damage than anyone realises but it can all be repaired. Time to start.

Ps: last i heard he still didnt give up the money so he just a public liar to make zero look bad and thief cause no money just excuse like every other thief i met. Its not the $ its the fact that zeros admin are stealing. He knows that hence the public pist. Post. Looks like he works for zen cash folks THIS CLOWN DONT WORK FOR ZERO ANYMORE. Never really did
awill333

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:24:59 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2017, 06:46:13 PM by awill333

And to be perfectly honest this coin will either fall off totally or totally shame all theze foolish detractors. I still got mine because i believe zero will be amazing despite of all of this bs. Why? Zero now has actual developers on the team doing actual work. Another reason why i will not tolerate those working against us as worms. Pouring your heart and soul into a project like this  requires devotion and a garden with as few weeds as possible.
awill333

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:03:08 PM

And most coins have had challenge start. Anything representing abundance will have tribulation in success.

Our coin is better than dash komodo zcash zencash all zcash forks and basically the best coin. If you dont have technical background you may not understand why. Except for zcash those others are like broken toys for children that speculative investors chose to.make ceo s of broken toy companies into billionaires. not surprising considering the typical choices of the masses.

However as with all things ahead of time eventually all those who are ditching and or not buying zeros may be mad in a few years..this coin got more right to $1k per coin club than ANY others. Its the best
 Zcash could have been  but they stopped and have crap wallet and their math alg.  not as good. Also yuck on  the founders fee ...

If you want the page of "bad vibes" to go away then dont patronize haters and start to post some positive and creative posts here! Zero community lets have some good vibes. Love to all good people.
ethflex

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:10:08 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2017, 08:33:25 PM by ethflex

I am also watching this zero from September and lastly i invest in this project. I would love to understand deeper what is this coin technology and why is better ex. than Zcash or other coins?At the 1st page of this ann is written  about 0 fees, Eco friendly feature, highest mining profits,very high tx. speed etc.
In my opinion in order to be extremely transparent and secure at the same time and most for helping the community-investors to understand better this project, the crew should discuss more about the deeper technology , advantages, updates, tech-needs. i assume that maybe most of the readers have limited technical knowledge, and they might not care but it could be helpful to attract more new developers understand better- different this project follow and be part of it at the same time that marketing is trying to be upgrade.
I am not sure that there is a technology without versions updates. which version is zero coin and what is the newest version of this protocol technology? Should there be a discussion about what do zero have and what do zero need ? or is the perfect coin? (no irony here). if this is being answered in the previous ann  then it can be again in the surface, and more..

awill333

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:55:51 PM

I am also watching this zero from September and lastly i invest in this project. I would love to understand deeper what is this coin technology and why is better ex. than Zcash or other coins?At the 1st page of this ann is written  about 0 fees, Eco friendly feature, highest mining profits,very high tx. speed etc.
In my opinion in order to be extremely transparent and secure at the same time and most for helping the community-investors to understand better this project, the crew should discuss more about the deeper technology , advantages, updates, tech-needs. i assume that maybe most of the readers have limited technical knowledge, and they might not care but it could be helpful to attract more new developers understand better- different this project follow and be part of it at the same time that marketing is trying to be upgrade.
I am not sure that there is a technology without versions updates. which version is zero coin and what is the newest version of this protocol technology? Should there be a discussion about what do zero have and what do zero need ? or is the perfect coin? (no irony here). if this is being answered in the previous ann  then it can be again in the surface, and more..

hi, thanks for the question, I will answer what I can in brief regarding my statement and belief that this is the "best" coin. I have been reviewing zcash-based coins for some time now and also z-coin (which is libzerocoin not zcash but same folks who wrote the libs if I am not mistaken [z-coin did not write the libs they simply implemented them])

0 Fees is great

Particularly 0 founders fees. This is great for the miners and for the support of the coin. With more miners the customers feel like their money is more secure and thus the coin is more valued. So while it may not appear to be much for the person who is simply buying or trading for the coin, a solid community of miners is what truly makes a coin. and the miners must feel compelled to mine or the coin would be worthless..

Along that topic and one thing that I like about Zero is the emission rate coupled with the fact that it does not have a hard cap on the amount of coins that will be created. because the emission rate (if I am not mistaken) is calibrated in a similar way to zcash, dash, monero, bitcoin, and all of the other valued coins it will remain rare and valued. while at the same time it does not have the limitation parameters of the coins just mentioned. I did not read the reddit responses to my question "WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A COIN IS ALL MINED OUT" but I truly don't think anyone knows. And the idea that people wish to pay more and more for a coin that will stop to paying the miners when it is "mined out" is a scary situation. why? the network will be extremely valuable and the miners will change teams when their not paid anymore. we know the results=a hacked coin or a dead coin

So it is paramount importance to have a strong community of miners and with Zero the incentive will always be there for more and more people to mine. Then we can have a tough coin like bitcoin.

Along that line of thought we can say this coin will be and should be much more environmentally friendly than bitcoin. but this is still speculation and all of this is experimental including the biggest coins. nobody knows exactly how the reality will unfold until is does. bitcoin to me looks like a scary monster at risk of breaking and hemorrhaging more billions than any other coin could. Now I dont know why everyone wants all those eggs in the bitcoin basket. and this is a big boost for zero because zero is just as rare and much more beautiful than bitcoin.

why? because zcash did it right with the zk-snarks. who really wants the public to be able to see their bank account history? all other "private" coins (other than zcoin which may lose your mint zero coins if your having bad luck day) are inferior to zk-snarks. zk-snarks is the superior technology that has been proven today. The other method is obfuscation which will be or IS ALREADY obsoleted and everyone just believes the devs when they are told their payment is "private". nobody knows the bad until it's too late. So those with clarity and insight can look ahead of all of this and see zero standing there as a shining beacon. A new chance at greatness. A different experiment.

As a researcher and analyst, I must say that the technical aspects and altruistic nature of this coin are impressive! Because zcash impressed me the most but I dont like the idea of a coin being owned by a registered company with trademark and founders fee 20% being removed. I understand why they chose that route and I respect them, but the result is what it is, a coin with inherently imposed limitation parameters. Zero has removed those parameters.

I haven't even checked about how the new algo works but I did a bit of mining and the memory consumption is impressive! this will play out the equation in a whole different direction and could possibly be ASIC resist, or possibly NOT. It is all PURE SPECULATION and those with intellect can draw up a number of potential outcomes for this situation.

What is the most relevant right now is the human aspect. The community aspect. We have seen communities motivated by ICO rise up and promote their coin. Zero had no ICO so there is no community that spent millions of dollars on this coin. There is simply the community with hopes and dreams and I pray to GOD that they rise up right now and SHINE because I dont much care about the money I care about the success of a real coin that could very well equal financial liberation for the people.

Just some food for thought.

I have much more to say about how awesome Zero is but I have found that if too much is said it cannot be processed by most. I hope the public can see there are real people with real hearts and intellect behind this coin and it will rise. Keep the high hopes because we are working diligently to proceed onward and upward.
Qualifier

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 09:45:49 PM

Hi community, I wasn't going to mention this but now seems like a fine time to do so! Zero does have people working. A wallet is currently being built from scratch in C++. Not ported, built. Obviously these things require time and there is no ETA. Would appreciate no PM's as likely they will go unanswered.

The goal of the wallet is a simple, multi platform, user friendly interface that makes holding coins and private sending easily attainable and obvious for any level of user. It seems certain that sometime 2018 it will be public after being tested and peer reviewed.There will be no news or updates about this, it simply will exist when it does. Thanks and Happy Holidays.  Grin
ethflex

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:23:39 AM

somewhere read a story about the trusted setup and the destroy of private keys in Zcash.
what about zero. it is trusted setup. and the private keys are destroyed?
XMASISASTATEOFMIND

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:49:59 AM

Hey everyone!

I've sort've just discovered ZERO and from much of what I've read, it's my (completely unqualified) opinion this could be the leading privacy project (coin) in the coming months/years. Transactions should be private and I hope you guys succeed in creating something special. If only I'd chosen programming instead of the layman's ChemEngineering, I'd offer my expertise!

Looking forward to the wallet release.

Good luck to everyone and I'll be watching this very closely  Smiley Smiley

Qualifier

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 03:15:20 AM

somewhere read a story about the trusted setup and the destroy of private keys in Zcash.
what about zero. it is trusted setup. and the private keys are destroyed?

there will be for sure fud about the private keys that is the only 'weakness' in the zk-snarks although it is a perceived weakness which has been discussed at length. the bottom line to that question is that there is no way to say. unless you think ruining a (what will be) a multi billion dollar company (called Zcash) is a good plan, it doesn't make much sense for it's creators to have created any system which would result in any issues. All of their real world stuff (companies, money, etc) is involved in that project. The "trusted setup" thingy is just a point of contention that people love to split hairs about. all 6 people who created the keys would be required to collude, together, for any sort of damage to occur. currently Zcash has a $1,627,606,915 market cap, so it seems many people do trust it's creators. Zero uses the same parameters and the same are used by all other coins with zk-snarks implemented.
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:45:29 AM

I am glad to find this new thread for ZERO, a coin I believe could have a bright future. I remember there was no Windows wallet until short time ago. Is it a new achievement?

Demarsac (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 272

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:47:12 PM

I am glad to find this new thread for ZERO, a coin I believe could have a bright future. I remember there was no Windows wallet until short time ago. Is it a new achievement?

Yes Windows wallet became a good reality 2 weeks ago
You can go to our website and download it

Thanks

DM

PS. Replying will be slow during holidays as you can imagine. I m sure you guys also getting some time
Off. Nevertheless I will try to reply to everyone as always just a bit slower during these days.
Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year with your loved ones and family (although I will still write during holidays Smiley)
Demarsac (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:49:59 PM

Hey everyone!

I've sort've just discovered ZERO and from much of what I've read, it's my (completely unqualified) opinion this could be the leading privacy project (coin) in the coming months/years. Transactions should be private and I hope you guys succeed in creating something special. If only I'd chosen programming instead of the layman's ChemEngineering, I'd offer my expertise!

Looking forward to the wallet release.

Good luck to everyone and I'll be watching this very closely  Smiley Smiley

Hello welcome and thank you

Meanwhile you can use the fully working Windows wallet
It's in the website and also at the first page of this ANN

Thanks

DM
Demarsac (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:52:56 PM

Hi community, I wasn't going to mention this but now seems like a fine time to do so! Zero does have people working. A wallet is currently being built from scratch in C++. Not ported, built. Obviously these things require time and there is no ETA. Would appreciate no PM's as likely they will go unanswered.

The goal of the wallet is a simple, multi platform, user friendly interface that makes holding coins and private sending easily attainable and obvious for any level of user. It seems certain that sometime 2018 it will be public after being tested and peer reviewed.There will be no news or updates about this, it simply will exist when it does. Thanks and Happy Holidays.  Grin

Thank you Qualifier
This is one of the projects that is in the works
There are many great things coming

Some of them cannot be announced before they deploy
Some of them that Can be announced will be in the next few days
Striving for the soonest but some things take time

DM
Demarsac (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:01:07 PM

Hi Guys!

Can someone please help me fill this in so we can promote this coin more? I just need the numbers then i will add the info and promote it around.

This photo has already wrong numbers
No need to put us in a false table

But either way your photo is a futile attempt to promote your coin
akinz11

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:25:50 AM

Promote your coin? what are you on about i dont even own xvg you simple minded @#$% Im rly looking into investing in ZERO and wanted a compare chart.  That photo is from XVG.. moron.
Demarsac (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:17:58 AM

Promote your coin? what are you on about i dont even own xvg you simple minded @#$% Im rly looking into investing in ZERO and wanted a compare chart.  That photo is from XVG.. moron.

I guess this is why you have one post. Do you change/create account every day?
You need some anger management...
There are many that can help you

Merry Christmas
chem96

Activity: 1330
Merit: 217

https://lifinity.io/

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:41:42 AM

-snip-

Welcome in our community!

I will write down some rules I am trying to follow mining zero here:

1. Never use 4BG card (unless you already have it ... but even then try to swap with 8GB)
2. 1060 seems to be the best option considering price/hashrate - but try to avoid it, it is very hard to stabilize (unless you are programmer and know how to deal with).
3. Use Ethos - this is the most stable way to mine zero.

My personal choice would be 480 or 1070/Ti - but it is all up to you.

All this is rules for me - not for you  of course  Grin  Grin  Grin

You are welcome to join our pool at http://zero.forgetop.com . The pool is built with miners profitability in mind.

There is estimated earning section - you will know pretty much right now what you will get as reward.

Happy mining!

P.S. Better buy ethOS, there is free torrent files on the internet, most of them are cracked to steal your hashrate... the 39$ price is always preferable...

What miner do you use with ethos? optiminer-zcash?
I'm looking to mine here: http://zero.forgetop.com but not sure if optiminer-zcash will work
thank in advance...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: