Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:31:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ZERO - COMMUNITY TAKEOVER  (Read 68141 times)
lutsifer

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

Mining is our Passion! Join us!

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:30:33 AM

Hello Miners,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you so much for your hard work in http://zero.forgetop.com

In the past month we grow up from new pool to the biggest one in the zero network with almost 5 KSol/s hashrate.

Also I would like to comfort all miners from Suprnova - guys you are welcome to join us, there is enough rooms in our pool => http://zero.forgetop.com .

We built it with miners profitability in mind!

One more time THANK YOU !!!

Cheers && Happy mining

Have you considered adding SSL to your site for security? We all know how important security is in the crypto space.

No, we will never add ssl to this pool  Grin

You already asked once and got the full answer. I am not going to explain it again.

ForgeTop.com - The Profitable Pools
| Europe / Asia | Profitable Coins | Huge Servers | Monitoring Service | Adjustable Pool Settings | 24/7 Anon Mining |

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Galahad400

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:01:17 AM

1. DONE
As Bitcointalk has disabled all graphics in all forum pages because of high traffic you can't really see it right now.
But the moment photos and graphics are enabled in Bitcointalk you will also the new graphic

2. DONE
Had to disable our TOP 100 until it is fixed with correct %. The Explorer works perfectly though
It is not obligatory to have that page though as most of other crypto's don't even mention it. But i like the TOP 100 page

3. In process

DM,

Are there any plans to approach My Ether Wallet about adding Zero? I think the ability to use a hardware wallet with our coin could add peace of mind to some considering investing.

GH

My Ether Wallet is for Ethereum based tokens. Zero is a coin. It's not an Ethereum token. You don't add coins to MEW, it doesn't work like that.
Thanks
btcjackie

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:23:11 PM

Hello nice people of the internet,

I have been redirected from the old thread to here.

As a complete newbie I am looking forward to mine Zero coin. It looks like it has some nice profit and also would like to support the community as much as I can ^^

I am thinking to buy some good GPUs via second hand deals. There are not many sources that I could come up with which covers mining Zero coin. So embrace yourselves when I direct some stupid questions.

First and foremost is there an actual documentation or guideline which I can follow to mine zero coins? I was thinking to mine ETH but heard that Zero is much more profitable. Is that true (cause also Zero went from 0.8 to 0.55 USD)?

Is there a way to calculate my expected equihashzero? If not can you throw some numbers at me using 580/480 or 1050Ti/1060? Have been told that its not the same with equihash, but is there any mapping?

About the profitability how much do you make with a x6 GPU rig? And as a n00b myself, should I avoid mixing Nvidia/AMD? Is that a problematic combo?

Any gear advices are also much appreciated. Currently trying to get my hands on some good deals (also a little risky since they are second hands) so that I can build up a rig hopefully.

I have zillions of other questions which will need a hand or two when I actually get my hands on the hardware. Hopefully you guys can give me some of your hands! I sometimes cannot help but feel lost!

Feel free to address any of the questions asked above. Any effort is extremely appreciated.

Thank you for your understanding!

Have a good week!

PS. I am thinking not to use a monitor and possibly boot Linux thru USB. Is this actually doable?
ConstantinGR

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:56:37 PM

As a complete newbie I am looking forward to mine Zero coin. It looks like it has some nice profit and also would like to support the community as much as I can ^^

I am thinking to buy some good GPUs via second hand deals. There are not many sources that I could come up with which covers mining Zero coin. So embrace yourselves when I direct some stupid questions.

First and foremost is there an actual documentation or guideline which I can follow to mine zero coins? I was thinking to mine ETH but heard that Zero is much more profitable. Is that true (cause also Zero went from 0.8 to 0.55 USD)?

Is there a way to calculate my expected equihashzero? If not can you throw some numbers at me using 580/480 or 1050Ti/1060? Have been told that its not the same with equihash, but is there any mapping?

About the profitability how much do you make with a x6 GPU rig? And as a n00b myself, should I avoid mixing Nvidia/AMD? Is that a problematic combo?

Any gear advices are also much appreciated. Currently trying to get my hands on some good deals (also a little risky since they are second hands) so that I can build up a rig hopefully.

I have zillions of other questions which will need a hand or two when I actually get my hands on the hardware. Hopefully you guys can give me some of your hands! I sometimes cannot help but feel lost!

Feel free to address any of the questions asked above. Any effort is extremely appreciated.

Have a good week!

PS. I am thinking not to use a monitor and possibly boot Linux thru USB. Is this actually doable?

Check the first page of this thread; mining software, hashrates for various gpus and pools are listed there.
Once you select a pool, you will find instructions on the pool page.
To find out profitability, go to whattomine and select the "coins" tab and scroll down to zero coin.
Yes, you can have nvidia and amd in the same rig. Better to use linux/ethos, because optiminer is not  very stable in windows for nvidia cards.
The point is not how much is profitability right now; If zero succeeds, it can easily reach a $10 value, and in this case if you buy/mine right now, your profit will be huge.
Well, there is no guarantee though, you should already now this...
lutsifer

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:11:31 PM

Have a good week!

Welcome in our community!

I will write down some rules I am trying to follow mining zero here:

1. Never use 4BG card (unless you already have it ... but even then try to swap with 8GB)
2. 1060 seems to be the best option considering price/hashrate - but try to avoid it, it is very hard to stabilize (unless you are programmer and know how to deal with).
3. Use Ethos - this is the most stable way to mine zero.

My personal choice would be 480 or 1070/Ti - but it is all up to you.

All this is rules for me - not for you  of course  Grin  Grin  Grin

You are welcome to join our pool at http://zero.forgetop.com . The pool is built with miners profitability in mind.

There is estimated earning section - you will know pretty much right now what you will get as reward.

Happy mining!

P.S. Better buy ethOS, there is free torrent files on the internet, most of them are cracked to steal your hashrate... the 39$ price is always preferable...

| Europe / Asia | Profitable Coins | Huge Servers | Monitoring Service | Adjustable Pool Settings | 24/7 Anon Mining |
awill333

Activity: 225

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:51:12 PM

greetings friend Smiley about your statement above, it's not actually true. since zero is traded (mostly) only on cryptopia (at the moment) and unscrupulous folks like to use bots to manipulate zero's (coinmarket cap,etc) price .. the bots will always undersell whatever the current price is. they will continue to drive it down until people buy zero. the zero situation is unique because of no ICO and no desperate people holding them, the market values has remained fairly stable. it doesn't appear to be that way but if you look at the cryptopia orderbook you can see that a large amount of zero can (rarely to) never be purchased for the price cmc reports. the more zero customer wishes to buy at once, in tiers drives the price up because the orderbook waiting always has higher prices in the queue. what is also unique because of the low daily volume of zero along with the refusal of most to lower their prices, the bots have full reign to set CMC price. because there is much time when no actual trades are happening (look at the sells with the low prices they are always tiny and laughable fractions of zero's even sometime) ...

in short, CMC is reporting _the wrong price_ because you can't actually buy any substantial amount of zero's for that price. until the volume raises (people are willing to pay the price required by the sellers/miners) the price will be manipulated by bots. just look at the cryptopia orderbook for the actual story.

good day Smiley
awill333

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:37:28 PM

yes I can see now the evildoers are trying very hard to ruin perceived value of zero, almost as though they were responding to my post. they have upped the ante so to speak, now the orders are up to 500 ZER being sold (given away) for laughable price. I doubt very seriously if anybody mining them is that foolish. So let it be known that since Zero has started it's rebirth the "competition" has been sabotaging. I know I have said this before but I will say it again because nobody should assess the value of this coin from such idiot behavior.

and while it looks like my money is 30% down from initial investment (I don't mine yet..), still I am laughing. The efforts of the bots and "competition" are surely futile. They know the inevitable result of success.. watch and learn folks
j4y_naKomodo

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:23:27 AM

Hello Zero community,

Zero is available for atomic swap trading on Komodo Platform's BarterDEX! Right now, P2P, on Mainnet. Anyone can test it out if you'd like. We are taking privacy to new heights by keeping your funds and privkeys in YOUR HANDS! zK-SNARK coin Jumblr in YOUR HANDS! Liquidity of each coin is still building, but BarterDEX can pair your coin with any other of the 60+ coins on the exchange! If a team member, perhaps someone from marketing, would like to test out an atomic swap through our GUI, please send me a DM : )

Welcome to the BarterDEX decentralized exchange!

Trade freely and safely,
Jay
Qualifier

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:17:45 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2017, 06:36:40 AM by Qualifier

Hello Zero community,

Zero is available for atomic swap trading on Komodo Platform's BarterDEX! Right now, P2P, on Mainnet. Anyone can test it out if you'd like. We are taking privacy to new heights by keeping your funds and privkeys in YOUR HANDS! zK-SNARK coin Jumblr in YOUR HANDS! Liquidity of each coin is still building, but BarterDEX can pair your coin with any other of the 60+ coins on the exchange! If a team member, perhaps someone from marketing, would like to test out an atomic swap through our GUI, please send me a DM : )

Trade freely and safely,
Jay

Thank you, I was hoping somebody would do this. However, the message could have been a bit less generic- ZkSnarks are an inherent feature of Zcash and Zero. There is not a need to use that as a selling point for the Barterdex on the Zero thread... We all got Zk-snarks homey. And actually I believe the implementation that Zero has to be more stable than komodo's! The Barterdex should provide some more liquidity for zero, which is a good help, but we don't need the jumblr! That is one scary "tool" that doesn't work as described or intended.

If anyone here doesn't know what the BarterDEX is, suggestion to do some research, it may very well override some of the centralize exchange based limitations currently imposed. And if you don't know what the jumblr is, suggestions to _avoid_ ..... last I looked it was broken and buggy. no offense but I never did get a response from jl777 about this just a write off a shrugged shoulders. I am glad komodo is doing very well now but I am not kicking myself for trading all the komodos for zeros.. just a longer wait and a better score in the long run.
awill333

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:24:46 AM

Demarsac (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 272

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:07:42 AM

Hello Zero community,

Trade freely and safely,
Jay

Hi Jay

Many thanks for your effort and adding our Zero in your platform
I will personally pm you and start the testing
If it passes our tests then we will be glad to add it to our arsenal

DM
tearodactyl

Activity: 235

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:29:48 AM

Hello again, nice folks from the Zero community.

Did not expect to be away for so long and so completely.  Took a business trip for several weeks, to a number of locations, and it got to be rather overwhelming. Fell ill, but now have recovered enough to start catching up with my messages and my obligations.

First, congratulations to DM and the rest of the crew, for stepping up at the right moment, and for running with the project.

Second, the original dev, 'zerocurrency' made an appearance, which is fantastic and encouraging.

I do apologize deeply for having run the campaign to raise a bounty to develop a Windows build and then dropping out, as if to pocket those 1300 ZER. People who have interacted with me enough do know that I would never even consider something along those lines. As soon as I have a node up and synched, will transfer the coins into the community address.

Secondly, I had engaged David to do the port, but apparently, he did not complete the work, without me nudging him.  I would like to find out the status of the releases and the Windows builds in the Zcash, Zclassic, and Hush communities and then we can plan accordingly.

Indeed, the Zero project now has two threads, two Slacks, two repos, three Twitter accounts and two subreddit. After taking care of the bounty fund and the Windows build, can look at driving these online channels together.
  Tearo

Demarsac (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 272

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:24:56 PM

Hi Tearo and welcome to the Zero Community

First of all i am glad you are alive and well. I am happy nothing happened to you
because you just disappeared...

I do understand you had other matters to attend to
but you could have sent at least ONE single email/PM/FORUM message/Whatever to anyone

This is not a playground anymore
People Invest real money here and need professionalism
There is no single organization in the world that would accept someone leaving for a month without notice

The things that have been done the last 20 days have been instrumental for the saving of this project when you left without a trace
Things have been created that had not been done for the previous 8 months
You can read the previous 15 pages to get up to speed

There are no double threads or twitters or whatever
There are only the official ones at the first page of this ANN and everything else is obsolete

Also the repo had errors which has now been fixed

That said...
If you wish to help we will gladly discuss where and how you can help the Zero community
You can always pm me

Thanks

DM

PS. Regarding the community assets. You can send them to the community wallet if you wish. We have survived without them though
lutsifer

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:38:36 PM

First of all i am glad you are alive and well. I am happy nothing happened to you

but you could have sent at least ONE single email/PM/FORUM message/Whatever to anyone

There is no single organization in the world that would accept someone leaving for a month without notice

The things that have been done the last 20 days have been instrumental for the saving of this project when you left without a trace

There are only the official ones at the first page of this ANN and everything else is obsolete

That said...
If you wish to help we will gladly discuss where and how you can help the Zero community
You can always pm me

Thanks

DM

PS. Regarding the community assets. You can send them to the community wallet if you wish. We have survived without them though

I couldn't express what I feel better then you did. Thanks

ethflex

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:39:37 PM

That said...
You can always pm me

Thanks

DM

We are with you Demarsac we know that you will keep your promises and upgrade the real value of zero. keep going forward and up. I wish success.
FOMI

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:03:54 PM

What I love about this community is seeing that pretty much everyday there is a new page full of comments.

that being said... we still need to bring that energy to reddit. there are always a handful of people on the page and if we all just take a few minutes of the day to post a discussion piece of comment soon it will have the same energy of this page.

it may seem menial at this point but long term we all know its importance
awill333

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:03:52 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2017, 06:15:58 PM by awill333

Hello again, nice folks from the Zero community.

Did not expect to be away for so long and so completely.  Took a business trip for several weeks, to a number of locations, and it got to be rather overwhelming. Fell ill, but now have recovered enough to start catching up with my messages and my obligations.

First, congratulations to DM and the rest of the crew, for stepping up at the right moment, and for running with the project.

Second, the original dev, 'zerocurrency' made an appearance, which is fantastic and encouraging.

I do apologize deeply for having run the campaign to raise a bounty to develop a Windows build and then dropping out, as if to pocket those 1300 ZER. People who have interacted with me enough do know that I would never even consider something along those lines. As soon as I have a node up and synched, will transfer the coins into the community address.

Secondly, I had engaged David to do the port, but apparently, he did not complete the work, without me nudging him.  I would like to find out the status of the releases and the Windows builds in the Zcash, Zclassic, and Hush communities and then we can plan accordingly.

Indeed, the Zero project now has two threads, two Slacks, two repos, three Twitter accounts and two subreddit. After taking care of the bounty fund and the Windows build, can look at driving these online channels together.
  Tearo

how convenient, it's almost like you were sent here just to sabotage the zero project only to resurface once things started to look up , just to smear some salt in a wound. I guess when you have "marketing" and "pr" payments founders fees there is plenty of budget to spend attempting to ruin the credibility of a good coin. SHAME ON YOU.

Second, who cares about the "original dev" if he is doing NOTHING. What is he doing? Time for new devs to step up. HAPPENING.

David? I hope you are not talking about Zimbeck I just might puke.

Why would you suggest getting a wallet from another team just so you could promote them on this page? Zero will have it's own wallet despite of you and others. People wish to act like it's not a competition around here or a friggin coin war as long as their coin is "winning" haha lol rofl, etc.

So this is the answer to promote Zero? I don't like your answers, I have too much $ in on this project.

Apologies if you think I am rude but I think you are extremely rude and inconsiderate, or a liar who is pretending to be a fool. Either case, fail. I say what others won't say but it's said for a reason.

If people are thinking of Zero wallet don't listen to this guy. Not to hype but this is like a bad joke, there are actual devs on the team now.

And no, I am not trying to criticize the "original developer" even though he didn't write any code. The original developer is the Zerocash Electronic Coin Company if you folks have forgot. Until Zero has some _original_ software there is no room for the world ORIGINAL you would be referring to ZCASH.

oops I mean BITCOIN.

anyway, it's been fun and extremely unproductive.

The moral of the story is people- if you are new to this thread, this clown is not representing us. We have people that will really be helpful for this coin don't think this is it.

And if you think I am rude, have a look at the old thread where this guy "tear-you-a-new-one" (lol) is digging up old errors and re-quoting them to slander zero. then he comes over here and acts like a friend after stealing our money and promoting the competition. what a joke !!!
awill333

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:06:01 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2017, 06:23:09 PM by awill333

What I love about this community is seeing that pretty much everyday there is a new page full of comments.

that being said... we still need to bring that energy to reddit. there are always a handful of people on the page and if we all just take a few minutes of the day to post a discussion piece of comment soon it will have the same energy of this page.

it may seem menial at this point but long term we all know its importance

Good call amigo Smiley

unfortunately there are two reddit pages one of them with fake announcement page links thanks to our old friend TEARO. I can't even find the reddit page over there and now one is being run by the enemy.
awill333

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:27:00 PM

And yes, anybody that steals money time energy attention, etc from the community (this one) of something so beautiful, with such potential, is my enemy. That does not mean I will act with offense, I never do. But I will not hesitate to reveal the truth when I am being presented a platter of turds and lies by someone claiming to be a friend.

TEARO: You took my money bro. I don't even know you. Now you are trying to reduce the value of our coin. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY FOR YOURSELF? More BS? You've said nothing to save face or redeem yourself.

HOW CAN YOU REPRESENT THIS COMMUNITY?

I AM CALLING FOR A VOTE. IF THIS IS TRULY A COMMUNITY COIN THEN SOMEBODY NEEDS TO REMOVE THE CHAFE FROM THE WHEAT, AND PROMPTLY.

Because he will just steal again or trick you for long enough that he is your friend until he can do (what he thinks to try) some real damage.. But no real damage can be done to a coin that is bulletproof. However, success can be delayed and this is the goals of the competition.

Having multiple reddit threads with old information and quoted errors from old errors on old threads. who does this guy think he is? really.. time to go. let there be no disillusion , he is not on our team. Until somebody with a relevant voice steps up and tells me I am wrong about that, then so be it.
tearodactyl

Activity: 235

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:57:31 PM

Folks, I'm rather taken aback, by all the warmth and inclusivity.

Even overwhelmed by the friendly banter and creative namecalling...

Those who have been with the project from the beginning do know who did what and when and why.
Did not think I'd have to prove my credentials, but for those newer to the scene, let me mention a few crucial points in its history:
- Zcash critical patch 1.0.8-1
- The port of Vaklinov Java wallet to Zero
- Original seeder nodes going offline
- Zcash update to 1.0.12

I implore the long-term participants to step up and straighten this out.
  Tearo
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: