Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:05:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When do you know its time to sell your altcoins?  (Read 8116 times)
deean_3one

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:40:22 AM

don't be too greedy that's the first rule.
if i where you i'll sell some of them to take the profit and keep the rest to profit if the coin continue to rise
I agree with you. I did that. I will sell altcoin if it is already profitable. I set a standard price on each of my altcoins. If the price has been reached I will sell some altcoin, and leave it for investment.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:43:31 AM

In trading you got to have an enrty and exit plan. Always set your cut loss do not let greed take over cause most of the time greed will make you regret an oppurtunity to gain profit.

Exactly, that is plan always we have to assume while trading the coin, without any exit plan it is not possible to make money. If you look for higher profits you will end up in loss.
spooneds1

Activity: 195
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:00:27 AM

This is the decision we make if the price of our coins is rising or falling, it depends on our decision to decide if we are satisfied with the price we gain. There is no loss if we sell it, just make sure you gain from it rather than dump your coin at a lowest price. finding a average price to sell the altcoins according to the roadmap.

CrazeCoinz

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:29:59 AM

I will set a target profit in a promising coins like it pumps at 200% I will sell 10%, then if the trend continues another 20%, Hold the 70% for long term investment.Then buy other cheap coins that has potential to grow and repeat the process.
ShineftChaos

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

I LOVE ADABS

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:35:17 AM

Just wondering if ya'll have a typical formula you go by or a certain X percentage profit or loss. 

I've been playing around with coins for just under a month now. $23750 total investment and currently up just under 10k in profit. One of the coins (IOTA) has gone up about 288%.  Obviously it would suck if it crashed but it would equally suck to sell if it continues to grow.

Just wondering what a lot of you folks do. I'm considering investing another 25 or 50k into coins. Ideally I'd like to net 15k a month off them but I know that may not be realistic on a monthly basis.

Same formula here. But somewhat differs when it comes to the popularity of that coin. Can't help to be greedy sometimes especially if you exert too much patience waiting for it to pump. When it hit my target i sell half of it and save half for long term.

Maxre

Activity: 812
Merit: 120

https://combonetwork.io/

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:49:15 AM

Nobody knows when to sell the altcoins at the best price. It is impossible to find the lowest price to buy and  it is very difficult finding the highest price to sell. So i'm trying to find an average price to sell the altcoins according to the roadmap and the developments in the project.

I agree with you.
there is no time that right sell or buy alt coin because we can not see the future, we can only predict the most important not lament make the decision that you have made.

Awan Awan

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:04:55 AM

Nobody knows when to sell the altcoins at the best price. It is impossible to find the lowest price to buy and  it is very difficult finding the highest price to sell. So i'm trying to find an average price to sell the altcoins according to the roadmap and the developments in the project.

I agree with you.
there is no time that right sell or buy alt coin because we can not see the future, we can only predict the most important not lament make the decision that you have made.

So how you predict so far? I mean how you decide sell your coin so far?
What factor or indicator do you use for making decision.
In my opinion, i set my profit 2x or 3x from buying price specially ico, and i sell it whatever happen later i dont really care because i have my profit.
HV3S

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:48:37 AM

Just wondering if ya'll have a typical formula you go by or a certain X percentage profit or loss. 

I've been playing around with coins for just under a month now. $23750 total investment and currently up just under 10k in profit. One of the coins (IOTA) has gone up about 288%.  Obviously it would suck if it crashed but it would equally suck to sell if it continues to grow.

Just wondering what a lot of you folks do. I'm considering investing another 25 or 50k into coins. Ideally I'd like to net 15k a month off them but I know that may not be realistic on a monthly basis.

If you hold coin on the top 20th of coinmarketcap, i think with following the news about that coin, you will know when you should sell that coin.

Like this day, someone lose his 17 million NEO at Bitgrail and the price of NEO sunddenly drop or Bitconnect issue.

If you read a bad news that is time to sell and don't to be greedy.
joemanabat05

Activity: 168
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:55:19 AM

The perfect time to sell your altcoins is in the perfect shape and perfect price. You need to be patience and wait for the price that exactly fitted to you. If you are in a bad situation like out of budget, you can sell some your tokens so that you will have a source of expense.
tiar4dewie

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:42:56 AM

all here answering will sell their altcoin when the price goes up a few% of the original price. Yes if you see the coin market is stable, see the current situation if you're not too worried and still wanna look for higher profits? Grin  Grin

Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:45:12 AM

no one can predict the extent to which altcoin prices will go up, and down, advice alone, if the altcoin price has exceeded the price of ico at the beginning of entry into the market then you may already sell it, but otherwise if the price of the coin is still below the ico price, should hold up, but it all depends on each individual

Dmitry_K

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 08:05:27 AM

Emotions are of great importance on the market, we often make deals under their influence. Although it would be better to buy and sell on the basis of analysis. One of the rules of trading is to work on a trend. If the market is growing - do not rush to sell, but if the market falls - do not rush to buy.
guanyikclkv8593

Activity: 484
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:19:43 AM

I think I will cah out when I have enough money to buy the thing I plan to buy in the near future.
SergioShved

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:23:38 AM

Bce oчeнь индивидyaльнo,лyчшe пoкa дepжaть)
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:25:47 AM

if the target profit reaches thats the time to sell,havent you put a target percetage for profit?then consider your self a trader,d if you are for long term investment,then you must have a specific marginof earnings to sell.or greediss will be on you
cryptamod

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:27:27 AM

You need to have atleast basic technical analysis to be able to know when would be the perfect time for entry or exit in each coin in the market,and you need to know fundamentals are more dominant than technical analysis in cryptocurrency market.

TWITTER ◣                                ☆ FLUX ☆                             ◢ WHITEPAPER  ◤   17 - 24
       WEBSITE ◣                    GAMING ECOSYSTEM                     ◢ MEDIUM                 April     
           TELEGRAM ◣     VALVE ✧ UBISOFT ✧ Origin ✧ GAMELOFT    ◢ FACEBOOK        Public Sale ◢   
donalfonso

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:31:57 AM

On my part I usually set a target for how much I want to make, any coin that gets a 50% increase from my buying price gets my attention and i watch regularly till I feel it may drop again or just sell at the 100% margin mark and reinvest.

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
maydna

Activity: 2954
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:47:23 AM

I think I will cah out when I have enough money to buy the thing I plan to buy in the near future.

I think if his IOTA is increased, he can sell it all of IOTA or only sell to get his money back and this is what I do so far. I won't take a risk by not selling the coins while the price increase because after the increasing of the price, the price will be down and sometimes the down will be too far. I have a bad experience with this and now, I am trying to sell if the price increases more than 100% because the chance is only for one time and if we want to wait then we need to wait at least 2-3 months again before the price increase back.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
crestella

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:53:52 AM

When do you know its time to sell your altcoins? The time to sell altcoins is when the market time is rising with big and expensive and definitely its colored green and its graphics rise to the top with a height that's the right time to sell altcoins.
Devanomrz

Activity: 151

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 12:05:39 PM

After i look the chart
If the coin i buy can't reach the resistance
I think i will sell it and wait on the support to buy it again
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: