Bitcoin Forum
August 06, 2024, 11:18:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When do you know its time to sell your altcoins?  (Read 8122 times)
bat11

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 11:40:29 AM

It depends on your personal preference. For me I usually hold my altcoins for a month and after that I usually sell it whether the price increases or not.
iaxakov

Activity: 81

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:44:51 AM

I sell my coins depending on the situation. If I need money urgently then I sell my tokens at once, if I can allow my self to wait, then I prefer to hokd them until their prices increase.
It is better to spend free money on investing, then you do not have to reckon with bad rates to urgently withdraw funds.
Lookjooru

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:47:48 PM

I think that when selling Altcoin it is impossible to know when it is needed. Coin you sell, you always can exceed the cost of that you sell, or each coin that you buy, maybe slightly lower. In this case, everyone decides what percentage of profit he wants and waits for the moment
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:09:10 PM

I think that when selling Altcoin it is impossible to know when it is needed. Coin you sell, you always can exceed the cost of that you sell, or each coin that you buy, maybe slightly lower. In this case, everyone decides what percentage of profit he wants and waits for the moment

That is right and to avoid the difficulty of deciding as to when are you gonna sell, I always see to it that I know already when I am selling the altcoins before I even buy it. I usually do open buy and when it is filled up, I will automatically do open sale with profit ranging from 2.8% - 10%.
greenklo

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 02:28:18 PM

If I invest in a short term, I usually do not risk and sell coins when the price rises by 40-50%.
merle

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 03:06:39 PM

Actually what I must do is never sell the coin when the price is lower than the balance or price when buying. Commonly, everybody has different strategy. But my strategy is holding the coin until it reaches higher price. At least, it has reached more than 30%.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
              ▄███████████████████▄
           ▄█████████████████████████▄
         ▄█████████████████████████████▄
        █████████████████████▀ █████████▄
       ██████████████████▀    ████████████
      ▐████████████████▌      ████████████▌
      ███████▀▀▀   ███▌     ▀▀█▀ █████████
      ███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀         ▄██████████
      ██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▐███████████████████████████████████▌
       ███████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████████████████▀
           ▀█████████████████████████▀
             ▀▀███████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
chynge.net

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█             
              ▄██▄███▄         ▄   
              ▀▀ █▌ ▀▀█▀██   ▄█▀██
          ▄▄▄           ▀▀▀███▀▀▀ 
          ▀▀▀                ▀█   
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                ███   
                      ▄██▀     ▐█ 
   ▄█████████      ▄█▀█▀        █▌
                 █▀▀▄█         ██▌
 ████████████   ▀█▄█▀           █▌
                                █▀
     ████████                ▄▄██ 
                             ▄█▀   
        ▀▀▀▀▀               █▀     
                  ▄     ███▀       
              ████████▀█▀           

Instant Settlement

▄██▄███           
   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▄█▀   ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██▀ ▄▄ ▄▄▄ ██▀▄██  ▄█▄  ██▌▄ ▄▄▄ █
███▀     ▐█▀▀▄█▀  ██▀ ▀██  ▀█▄    █
██      █▀░██▀  █▀▀     ▐▀█  ▀██  █
█▀▀████████████████████████████████
█▀▀▌ ██ ▄█▄ ██ ▄█▄ ██ ▄█▄ ██ ▄█▄ ██
█▄                                █
█▄                       ▄▄████████
█▄                      █▀███▌    █
█▄                     █▌ █  █▌   █
█▄                      ▀████▌▄▄▄▄█
█▄                                █
█▌                                █
██▀▀ ██ ▐█▌ ██ ▐█▌ ██ ▐█▌ ██ ▐█▌ ██
 ▀▀████████████████████████████████

Zero Fees

▄██▀▀▀██▄           
          ▄██       ██▄         
         ██           ██         
         ██           ██         
         ██           ██         
         ██           ██         
    █████████████████████████   
    █                       █   
    █          ▄▄▄          █   
    █         █▀▀▀█         █   
    █         █   █         █   
    █         █▄▄▄█         █   
    █          ▀▀▀          █   
    █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   
    █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█   
    █████████████████████████   

Secure Transaction
Devawnm367

Activity: 1036
Merit: 144

Penguin Party 🐟

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:17:21 AM

Just wondering if ya'll have a typical formula you go by or a certain X percentage profit or loss. 

I've been playing around with coins for just under a month now. $23750 total investment and currently up just under 10k in profit. One of the coins (IOTA) has gone up about 288%.  Obviously it would suck if it crashed but it would equally suck to sell if it continues to grow.

Just wondering what a lot of you folks do. I'm considering investing another 25 or 50k into coins. Ideally I'd like to net 15k a month off them but I know that may not be realistic on a monthly basis.

Its pretty easy if it is an ICO and they take the money and run you need to sell immediately. You can also. Check the coins if its been around a while has a big community then. Invest and hold longterm

𝕻𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖚𝖎𝖓 𝕾𝖜𝛼𝖕
PENGUIN PARTY BAITSHOP!
Swap, Pool, Stake, or Vote
zzxcvv

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:18:37 AM

my principle is very simple, if the price increased in x2 x3 more than I invested, then I sell
tumokatok

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:54:56 AM

I can see there are many moments when people are very sorry that they are still selling their tokens very early or otherwise very late, but such situations should happen, because if nobody makes a mistake, then we will not have the opportunity to receive the money. And when to sell tokens, it all depends on your finances
ZeusTrade
Copper Member

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:23:06 AM

yes currently there is 3 ico promising for 2018 you can invest until but only just have the money because a mistake can be fatal for your investment is to know if the project is right if it is real ma yes I think a limit would be 10k per month
bledex17

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:32:44 AM

It's very easy, you need to sell altcoin when you already have an advantage. if the price is now higher than when you bought it, you can sell it. it's easy.
blinkin

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:32:18 PM

It is best to sell coins when the market is fully restored, then the price will be much higher and the profit is much greater.
mezzaluna

Activity: 518
Merit: 23

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:35:47 PM

I can only probably say at least to possibilities on when to sell your Alternate Coins to at least receive some profits. We know that the only investment we made when joining Bounty Campaigns are our time and effort to do the task. We receive our payments as the bounty have ended. We can sell it at that time at the time its available on the exchanges and the next time we will sell the Alternate Coins will be at least when its value have tripled or it is higher than its initial value.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
matanglawin

Activity: 372
Merit: 100

The Organic Growth Token

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:37:57 PM

To be practical, selling is advisable whenever the market is increasing because profit will be bigger than on selling during the dumps. Also, it would be a good idea to sell if the price of a crypto stabilizes because it won't be that much profitable at that state and waiting would be a waste of time given that there are many coins to choose from.

KitToken                         
                                         Utility * Organic Growth * Sharing                                         
▔  Whitepaper  TelegramTwitterFacebookYoutubeMedium   Announce  ▔
jeffbitcoin2018

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:40:24 PM

When the market have been recoverd!! Because they increase there price and big profit impact!! And thats the adviceble time sell!! Then sell all if you want!!
Mondinic

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:44:43 PM

sometimes I sell my altcoin when I see the price of altcoin in the exchange that has risen in price, and when my memdaik will put a high price to lure prices in order to grow higher again and when it is as I want I will sell my altcoin, I often do this for its own benefit,
isen

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:47:57 PM

I sell my alt coins when they reach the price I'm interested in, and even if there is a chance of further growth, I still sell to reduce the risks
Crypto Debate

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:48:21 PM

its depended by investors, when receive the profits on investment then better to sell coins other wise keep hold till receive the profits on investment, some times once sell the coins after that increasing price or decreasing that time don't invest again.  
Domanity

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:54:23 PM

I can not specify exactly when I will sell the coins I have. Because in my opinion, whenever it is time, when the price of coins is higher than the price of time I bought a coin, then I will quickly sell my coins. that is, when I already get a profit, that's the right time to sell the coins I have.
bournekin

Activity: 476

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:09:24 PM

Commonly, it needs to analyze the market changing. But of course, I will never sell my coins when the rate is lower than when I bought them. Because, It will only make losing. See the progress of the price in the market. Pick the time when the coin has reached around more than 10% of increasing.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: