Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:54:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When do you know its time to sell your altcoins?  (Read 8116 times)
zk-SNARK

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:14:45 PM

Just wondering if ya'll have a typical formula you go by or a certain X percentage profit or loss. 

I've been playing around with coins for just under a month now. $23750 total investment and currently up just under 10k in profit. One of the coins (IOTA) has gone up about 288%.  Obviously it would suck if it crashed but it would equally suck to sell if it continues to grow.

Just wondering what a lot of you folks do. I'm considering investing another 25 or 50k into coins. Ideally I'd like to net 15k a month off them but I know that may not be realistic on a monthly basis.

We shouldnt be greedy. For me i dont know when i need to sell my coins. Because i love huge dollar amount. and during pumps i dont want to sell my coins.
and after people dumped that coins i feel really big regret about my wrong decisions. so the best way we need to create a target point for our porfolio for example 100 k dollar. and we need to sell when we hit 100k dollar.
with that way we can prevent loosing too much money.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
papagapa

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:09:06 AM

Yes I know this time. It will be right after rise from the current price of small coins by 100 times. Here then I will also sell the coins but not now
Not every coin is able to grow 100 times in price. We need to be realistic. I know that cryptocurrency is just a code, zeroes and ones, but we cannot expect such price growth.
Suwycu

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

FABA-BREAK THROUGH IN VENTURE CAPITAL MARKET

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:16:48 AM

In fact, I do not trade at this level, just if I see that the coin has risen to the price I need, then I sell it, without any illusions, will it grow further or not ...

█ ▌   FABA  |  https://vc.fabainvest.com/   ▐ █   ICO-sale has started⚫══ POWERFUL THOUGHT AND STRONG FAITH CAN DO ANYTHING ══⚫
John Emst

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:20:11 AM

I just try to always analyze market events and new introductions. Always read the forum and news. I follow the life of coins of interest to me. And only then I know I calculate my time.
Camus

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 12:41:05 PM

I put the sale zone at the beginning, before opening a position. Why think further, because you have a clear strategy, at what price you should sell.
Isay_Gonzales

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 12:46:18 PM

Now it is very difficult to make forecasts and know exactly when to sell. I always focus on the situation. If I see that the market is gaining momentum for growth, then I wait until it grows. If I do not see prospects, then I sell to buy something more valuable.
newb-dev

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 12:59:17 PM

Even if the alts go nearly 0 I still wouldn't sell them only if the price would be bigger than it was when I invested. Then it is the right time to sell.
NORD YGGDRASIL

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 01:19:51 PM

For me there is no specific framework that tells me when I have to sell my coins. I do not try to get exactly 10 times more or 5 times more. It all depends on the general mood in the market. Sometimes a profit of 20-30 percent is sufficient to close an order.
edynolan

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:36:13 PM

The best time to sell coins is certainly when the crypto market is at a high point with a stable condition and continues to provide a positive direction. To be able to find out about the situation, we must be able to actively monitor market movements. For the time being it is not yet the right time, because the market is at a low point.
You're right. I agree. We need to be vigilant and patient for the market to rebound and give us high ROI. I hope it will happen within a couple of years, otherwise it is damn boring.
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 08:40:03 PM

And what is there to know? If you bought a token, and it has grown 10 times then you can sell. Of course, if you don’t have enough of such a profit, then you can hold it for another couple of years. But the main thing is to withstand such falls as now.

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
Coroline

Activity: 1092
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:42:14 PM

Just wondering if ya'll have a typical formula you go by or a certain X percentage profit or loss. 

I've been playing around with coins for just under a month now. $23750 total investment and currently up just under 10k in profit. One of the coins (IOTA) has gone up about 288%.  Obviously it would suck if it crashed but it would equally suck to sell if it continues to grow.

Just wondering what a lot of you folks do. I'm considering investing another 25 or 50k into coins. Ideally I'd like to net 15k a month off them but I know that may not be realistic on a monthly basis.
if you are a crypto trader, you will choose to sell coins when you make a profit, not think about whether the coin will rise again, because a trader seeks profit in the shortest possible time, and that's what I do
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:42:46 PM

The best time to sell coins is certainly when the crypto market is at a high point with a stable condition and continues to provide a positive direction. To be able to find out about the situation, we must be able to actively monitor market movements. For the time being it is not yet the right time, because the market is at a low point.
You're right. I agree. We need to be vigilant and patient for the market to rebound and give us high ROI. I hope it will happen within a couple of years, otherwise it is damn boring.
It seems to me that in the near future we will be able to see market destabilization, and a loss of confidence in cryptocurrency. Many users of cryptocurrency want to see the real results of their investments, and not the investment of their funds and losses alone.
kravas86

Activity: 672
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 11:19:24 AM

You know, I used to think that in a certain fall, I would sell everything, but now, looking back, I realize that the whales killed any fear in me. I think I will never sell cryptocurrency) 

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 11:48:23 AM

I'm not a hodler, so I usually sell when I get around 10% or even less. I have a special approach to every coin I work with. !5k a month is more than 15% of your future 50k, which sounds too ambitious))

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
aaaxn

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 11:59:25 AM

And what is there to know? If you bought a token, and it has grown 10 times then you can sell. Of course, if you don’t have enough of such a profit, then you can hold it for another couple of years. But the main thing is to withstand such falls as now.

On such falls you need to buy. In order to earn excess profits, investors enter the market when it is red.

█
                              █████████                  ██████ 
                      ███████████████████████████   
              ███████████████████████████████   
            ████████████████████████████████   
        █████████████████████████████████     
    ████████████████████████████████████   
    ████████          █████████          █████████   
  ████████                ██████              ████████   
█████████                █████                ████████   
███████████                █                ███████████ 
██████████████                      ██████████████