Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:10:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Time To Sell Alts For Bitcoin?  (Read 2450 times)
Filmmmakerr (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:34:49 AM

CME listing seems to be making bitcoins value go up almost almost as if its a fork coming up. How many of you are selling all alt coins at the moment for bitcoin?

Campaign Manager (2018)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bbcolex

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:41:56 AM

it's expected most traders don't want to get left behind with bitcoin rally, but when bitcoin stabalize everyone will flock to alts again. though it's really wiser to invest in bitcoin atm since the trend now is going up and there's no reason for bitcoin to crash or what. Still holding my alts though.

Toropen

Activity: 299
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:46:34 AM

CME listing seems to be making bitcoins value go up almost almost as if its a fork coming up. How many of you are selling all alt coins at the moment for bitcoin?

Not the time to sell altcoins. I think that the growth of altcoins has just begun after a long fall

supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:47:23 AM

It is based on what altcoin you are holding,but I agree with you sell your altcoins for bitcoin before the fork they you will have good profits but no guarantee that price will rise after the fork so if you want to take risk then go ahead and buy bitcoins.If you are holding ethereum don't sell it the price of ethereum also will bump in the coming 2018 I hope the price will hit upto $2000 due to many projects based on ethereum.
delitte

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:48:14 AM

I don't think so, sell all Altcoins will cause regrets in the future but instead you should make 50-50 portfolio.
Only sellout weak currencies and maintain the strong one, selling some currencies and buying Bitcoin is still a good idea of investing Cryptocurrency.
You will be thankful for what you've done today in the future.

delitte

Activity: 168

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:49:52 AM

Not the time to sell altcoins. I think that the growth of altcoins has just begun after a long fall

In addition to that, when Bitcoin suddenly falls and Altcoins will rise tremendously then you'll regret surely.
That's whay creating good portfolio for Cryptocurrency investment is a must. I prefer 50-50, 50% Bitcoin and the other half is for Altcoins.

BitcoinLoan

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:50:57 AM

It is bad time to sell your altcoin for bitcoin. The nearest fork will be probably in may 2018, but i am not sure
cryptopuma

Activity: 202

SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:59:10 AM

Check the BTC chart if it will pump more,if the indicators shows it will go moon again thats the time you need to sell your alts.

AVAMONEY

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:03:03 PM

I was convert all my XRP and Eth to Btc, since both was not showing significant increasing signal price in market, so i decided to selling into Bitcoins. With upcoming Bitcoins fork, many people now buy and hold bitcoins for getting free new coin distribution, as i read it would be 'Super Coins'.
SamsungBitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 280

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:08:20 PM

I don't think so, sell all Altcoins will cause regrets in the future but instead you should make 50-50 portfolio.
Only sellout weak currencies and maintain the strong one, selling some currencies and buying Bitcoin is still a good idea of investing Cryptocurrency.
You will be thankful for what you've done today in the future.
For me if users already see good income at the current value of the coin they hold it is good to sell them and hold their bitcoin but if the value of alternative coin is below on the amount when they buy it i think much better to hold and wait for the right time when the value will increase and it will gain a profit.

It's impossible to sell. Only continuous investment is the best. At least 1 million dollars in the future.

It is possible to sell their coin but it is good if you hold coin which is good for long term investment like ethereum, ltc, monero and bch these coin has a big possibility to increase its value and if you have this in the future it will helps you to get much higher profit.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
lvincent

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:09:07 PM

I don't think it is a good idea you'll gonna sell your alts for bitcoin, if you're profiting a lot from alt why you gonna sell it but if not maybe you're not playing your cards right and not making the right decision like this one, bitcoin is an good invest you can profit a lot but you can have a profit much bigger than bitcoin if you just play your cards right on when to hold or sell your coins.

grchina

Activity: 476
Merit: 278

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:12:20 PM

Already did that i keep only few coins that will have some news in december in hopping of price pump,and some shitcoins that might be pumped.Its wierd if you look at $ price most alts are up but still since most of us are buying them with btc we are at loss because we didnt stayed in btc
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:16:11 PM

That would be the dummest thing anyone can ever do. Dont put your eggs in one basket. Diversify. As bullish as I am on bitcoin, I am bullish on bitcoin cash, ethereum, IOTA, QTUM, OMG and many other coins. Dont follow the crowds. Buy during dips.
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:23:46 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2017, 12:35:36 PM by Pan Troglodytes

First of all, I disagree that forks increase the value of bitcoin. Quite contrary, they take away a part of bitcoin value and eventually BTC value is decreased after the fork .

On the other hand: have you seen that MIOTA recently gained 100% ? If you are looking for that kind of gains, you can look at it. I think that bitcoin has universal and intrinsic value behind it, so in the long time you might want to buy it for those values. But if you are looking for very fast gains in a short time frame, there are better horses to bet on Smiley
daniyalasghar

Activity: 122

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:28:30 PM

i think its not the right time to sell altcoins only bitcoin is not increasing most of the altcoins are also increasing you have to wait for more time if you really want to make some real profit i think holding altcoins can make more profit than holding bitcoins
jbboyet2406

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:44:00 PM

Just Hold it until the price of your altcoin is not in high price. And wait for bitcoin getting dump. Don't worry your altcoin is going to get high price! don't panic about that. It also have panic sell so bitcoin rises again. So hold your altcoin is much better to do.
dzkrb1966

Activity: 602
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:47:46 PM

I think, or sell, but already somehow late, since the market sank again with the next growth of bitcoin or wait. You can also purchase altcoyins, which grow with bitcoin.
Tankdestroyer

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:49:09 PM

Well I am selling of some of my stash on altcoins atm because I have gained a hefty sum of profit in them already. Nevertheless, I didn't sell all altcoins that I hold mainly because they have more potential for growth and I don't want to put all my investments in one basket. I have a good sum of bitcoin already so it would not hurt even if I leave more than 50% of my altcoins stash on altcoins. That way I am happy to see whatever goes bullish.
cryptobobo

Activity: 210

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:50:58 PM

The only thing that will push me to sell my alts when it will give me a 10% profit gain as a daily trader i need to dispose my alts for a short period of time.

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:56:36 PM

you should never talk about altcoins in general. which altcoin? not all of them are dropping or rising at the same time. you can see even now that bitcoin price is rising to the moon, there are still altcoins that are getting pumped real nice. and there are also altcoins that get dumped just because bitcoin is rising up.

instead of thinking generally, try and think more specific. choose altcoins which have potential, altcoins that are on the rise. for instance there are times when a random news comes out about some altcoin (like changing name!!!) and it leads to their pump. that is when you buy them.

and of course you always have the bulk of your investment in bitcoin since it is the only long term investment worth having.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  All
  Print  

Jump to: