Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:29:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Time To Sell Alts For Bitcoin?  (Read 2458 times)
yansen

Activity: 588
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:19:14 PM

CME listing seems to be making bitcoins value go up almost almost as if its a fork coming up. How many of you are selling all alt coins at the moment for bitcoin?
I still hold altcoin. from my experience altcoin will follow the rise of Bitcoin. but after bitcoin has a stable price. I believe altcoin will provide many advantages, as bitcoin prices are rising. it does not have to sell all altcoin to buy bitcoin.
Park Minseo

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:48:29 PM

I haven't been in alts for weeks now because BTC has been moving too much. When BTC stabilizes, I go into alts to try to increase my BTC holdings and don't even bother looking at the USD price. But mainly when BTC is relatively stable, I am trading alts simply to increase my BTC holdings. And then when BTC runs either direction I have to pull out of alts because they tend to suffer.
Geraico

Activity: 151
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:50:26 PM

No way is the biggest mistake you will ever do if you will do this, altcoins will have a better profit than bitcoin plus bitcoin is not very trustable in my opinion...

❉❉❉ Migranet ❉❉❉[MIGRATION  。SIMPLIFIED]
▐| Global immigrationpowered by AI & blockchain |▌
TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTREAGRAM
Mrjitter

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:54:29 PM

I think that you should think over what coins all the same leave and there are promising, but everything is not worth selling though the investment in bitcoin is a good solution for such a price at the moment
teddyppap

Activity: 72

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:56:57 PM

CME listing seems to be making bitcoins value go up almost almost as if its a fork coming up. How many of you are selling all alt coins at the moment for bitcoin?

First of all you need to know: Altcoin is a coin, BTC is also a coin and both prices are fluctuating. So when the ETH price of 0.08BTC is not sure when the ETH is higher when it is 0.07BTC, it depends on the price of BTC when it is. I bought ETH at 0.0684 BTC, it's about $ 194 USD, now it's about 0.0691 BTC, but it's worth $ 308. If you look at Altcoin / BTC you will see alt coin is very bottom, but as it was written Above, its USD price is not sure where.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Casalania

Activity: 491
Merit: 100

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:31:19 PM

you can divide your holdings from altcoins and bitcoin. if you cant really decide what to hold, then choose both. having this choice, there are some chances that you will earn profit from one of them, even if one of them gets dump, one of them will probably pump.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
BrentMack

Activity: 204

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:05:06 PM

Even though owning bitcoins is a good idea that does not mean that you should sell all of your altcoins for bitcoin. Altcoins will also do better just like bitcoin in the future. You could stand to make a lot more from the altcoins you have invested in than with your bitcoins
rudyconsl15

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:11:32 PM

If selling to my opinion is not quite right, but if it adds good assets. because we do not just focus on one coin only. choose some coins that have potential.
vike

Activity: 411
Merit: 100

Powered by Artificial Intelligence & Human Experts

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:14:09 PM

I do not sell coins, I invest in them more money because I am sure that soon the price will grow!

Jating

Activity: 2968
Merit: 822

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:15:03 PM

First of all you need to know: Altcoin is a coin, BTC is also a coin and both prices are fluctuating. So when the ETH price of 0.08BTC is not sure when the ETH is higher when it is 0.07BTC, it depends on the price of BTC when it is. I bought ETH at 0.0684 BTC, it's about $ 194 USD, now it's about 0.0691 BTC, but it's worth $ 308. If you look at Altcoin / BTC you will see alt coin is very bottom, but as it was written Above, its USD price is not sure where.

First of all you also need to know that the OP opened this thread when bitcoin was at its peaked, Hence his question about selling all our alts for bitcoin because there's where the money it. So obviously, at that time it was the correct decision because bitcoin really exploded at almost get to reached $20K.

But at this time, its no longer applicable, bitcoin is down and most of the alts are good investment because they are cheap and you can really do day trading and flipping it out to get a good profits. Just choose coins that has a low price and just ride it out specially when the price is being pump and then BOOM!!! sold off everything when your investment grow about twice or thrice.
Cubic Earth
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:17:52 PM

I believe that now is a good time to transfer most of the portfolio to bitcoin. I keep at least 60 percent in Bitcoin. Then you need to monitor the market.
Rumble97

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:24:03 PM

most of all coins are low now, it's time to buy them
whatever you buy, but keep buy coin which has good potential
yes, now the market is down, I think this is the right time to buy some coins, I suggest to buy Bitcoin and Ethereum which are next saved in the next few months for big profit.
Akorharrison

Activity: 399
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:26:30 PM

if at all I will sell, just trading few amount and keep the rest for future reference
Malya_alkendy

Activity: 236

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:31:38 PM

Suppose I have this case, see price bitcoin up and we do not have the money to buy bitcoin, and I just got altcoin, then I will decide to sell altcoin I then I would buy bitcoin, in the hope I can take advantage more from bitcoin this.
Rexler

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 10:33:41 PM

I believe that now is a good time to transfer most of the portfolio to bitcoin. I keep at least 60 percent in Bitcoin. Then you need to monitor the market.

Keeping majority of your portfolio in Bitcoin alone is a risk as well. I think a much safer option would be converting your alts to bitcoin and bitcoin to USDT. The current market condition isn't that favorable. Maybe If the altcoins goes down more, You should sell the usdt to bitcoin and buy alts back.

david0ikari

Activity: 280
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:37:10 PM

Hey mate ...it's going to be the good time at the end of August/ September...... To Buy! Sales days are coming
Nick Abimanyu

Activity: 406
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:49:46 PM

At a time when bitcoin prices are high, this is a moment that many people are waiting for, and anyone is entitled to reap the benefits. Inevitably for those who have limited funds, or all of their funds have been invested into Alts coins, surely they will monetize their Alts to buy bitcoin. It feels a very loss if we cannot take advantage the situation well.
thomas daniel

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 09:54:23 AM

I comment that you should sell your alts for BTC before a BTC rally. I've been watching my portfolio's Bitcoin value and it's actually been fairly stable in terms of BTC. This is because most of the alts I own balanced themselves in relation to BTC even though BTC was going down in USD.
deghpulsa

Activity: 292

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:02:37 AM

I think for now it is too risky to invest in bitcoin because the price is still very high. I think investing in my altcoin is worth it because the price is fast rising and the price risks are also quickly down. you can invest in ICO, many promising ICO.
Faithgg

Activity: 109

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:55:31 PM

I have a question for you: Is this an indicator that most alts will retain their USD value with the next BTC bull run (thus decreasing in value vs BTC) or do you feel we will see a more resilient altcoin market compared to the 2013 crash with more people hodling their alts and not necessarily swapping to BTC?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: