Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:04:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if a person died with BTC!!  (Read 2287 times)
mkcjeewantha

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

https://exiptoken.io/

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 10:47:47 AM

Cheesy good quection..  Wink  so if that person has a wife or children he can give passwords and 2-factor authentication and emails and all. so if that person will die before that yeah, unfortunately, no get those BTC out of that wallet. Smiley

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ───────  [/center]
anushkasachith888

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 10:57:49 AM

anyways if someone died with BTC if he has not given details of access details to BTC, that BTC will remain in his wallet forever. that's as simple as it is. Smiley

dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:26:29 PM

If a person died with bitcoin what will happen? If a person died the bitcoin will be lost because the person is no longer to claim or use it because he is already died and i think if it gonna happen to me i will give my bitcoin to my son or daughter or maybe to my wife so they can use it and i will explain to them how to use it even im dying
CryptoCoin8487

Activity: 218
Merit: 10

I AM HAPPY TO BE A TRADER

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:09:17 AM

This question came to my think also what will happen to the bitcoin if no one knows about it? Its will lost forever since no one knows and no one can get that bitcoin too. Will it means that bitcoin supply will reduce too until no more?

Yousint0r

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:41:08 AM

What will happen??

No one will have the BTC address. Hence will them isolated?

In FIAT, people can handover money to someone.. So, i predict BTC will be disappeared gradually.

when he die maybe his family will never know about how much have with bitcoin but i found some users say they lost password with 100 bitcoin and other lost 46 bitcoin just because he use unsafe pc
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:50:49 AM

What like Satoshi ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
thenameisjay

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:52:33 AM

What will happen??

In FIAT, people can handover money to someone.. So, i predict BTC will be disappeared gradually.

The bitcoins would have disappeared in the circulation. It can only be accessed if a family member knows the bitcoin address and knows the encryption password to take the bitcoins away from the wallet. However, if the family member does not know anything about their bitcoins, it's definitely lost.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Kittygalore

Activity: 868
Merit: 63

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:07:59 AM

What will happen??

I don't think that's the problem? I think you are haha.  it will be dependent on the person who are engage in btc. If that person is open to his family and his family knew about the account then it will good. Because if that time will happen, the bitcoin will be useful to their family. If not, then that's his problem not yours. It may lost but who cares? Only the owner and bitcoin.
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:06:37 AM

If person suddenly die who have bitcoin, then if no one know about his bitcoin then on his computer his bitcoin always be save on it. If his family members know about his password then the problem will be solved. Otherwise his bitcoin always be remain in his pc.   
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:07:31 AM

Depend if he/she has backup and someone know the backup it still can back but if he/she doesnt have backup it will be lost and  you will never can get that bitcoin back
Yes it is still depends, so if a persons will died and love ones dont have a copy of a private keys all of your wallet of btc will also not open. We know we dont know whatever will happen on us anytime, so better save and let your family knows about your wallet.
That is so awful if someone put so much effort in earning bitcoins and he had a plenty of them and then immediately this person died of anything, these all bitcoins will be just wastage if he hadn’t told any person the private key of his wallet.

Such incidents have been seen on the news and this is happening with so much high rate. I don’t understand why people don’t trust their own families.
Kalatas

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:11:24 AM

Yes I share also the information about bitcoin to my wife if in case something happens she know that I have bitcoin already. That many people get money about that site.
Ck1234

Activity: 55

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:16:33 AM

I thought people who own Bitcoin live forever.  Isn't that why there is this big craze right now? 

No, No, won't ever happen.
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:35:39 AM

Unless that same person has a family or even a relative that knows or even have a smidge of knowledge about the encryption password, wallets, and address of this dead person, then they may access these and they can either continue on what the person left or sell it and use the money on something else. Otherwise, it's pretty much gone.

dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:11:44 AM

Preparation needs to be done. We must think with various risks in the future as holders of assets in the world Crypto. Teach our tedekat (Dad, Mother, Brothers, Sisters, etc.) who can certainly be trusted to manage our assets, if we suddenly face death. Therefore, prevent better before it's too late.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:42:21 AM

I thought people who own Bitcoin live forever.  Isn't that why there is this big craze right now?  

No, No, won't ever happen.

It makes your penis longer too.

Oh and the guy on the right (Dave Kleiman) who was friends with Craig Wright was co-Satoshi.

And he is dead.

https://gizmodo.com/this-australian-says-he-and-his-dead-friend-invented-bi-1746958692

FUD first & ask questions later™
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:46:41 AM

I have already thought about this issue and have created a safe envelope with important information to give to my family in case I pass on. Keep it in a safety deposit box or with a lawyer and treat it just like any other family valuables.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 08:52:51 AM

What will happen??

|I think the bitcoin number of that person can disappear in the right way. If many people who own bitcoins die, I think the amount of bitcoin circulating in the market is decreasing.

When I start use bitcoin I told to my family about it, and my mom know about it and my private key also my sister I teach her about it and how to use it. And if there something happen to me my sister will continue whatever my doing.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
crypto.cr

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:40:35 AM

never think like that !!! thanks for this question

I will make a copy for my wife and told her to save this carefully .. and also told it dont sell it if price dont touch  100k /btc Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
BeEvil

Activity: 406
Merit: 131

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:41:14 AM

Of course, it is should keep this in mind, and it is possible to store information and backups of wallets with instructions in an encrypted repository to which the family will subsequently have access. By the way perhaps in the future, computing power will allow access to the wallets of deceased owners.
Pancheng

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:49:51 AM

Seriously.... I think if  ???you have enough Bitcoins in your accounts...
Atleast if your married let your partner knows about it...
Nothing to do if your single..... Maybe you can try to trust your parents..... To give them your passwords...
Because if you die and you any know your accounts.... Then probably your accounts continues.... Until someone will notice that your accounts had been inactive for the last five years...... Then the management will do something about it...  Grin

gscplatform.io ─ ✈ ─ Navigate To The Heart Of A Revolution
▐ █▐▌ICO Presale July 1st, 2018▐▌█▐
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: