Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:13:19 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Diamond DMD - new PoW/PoS coin | Super random blocks | Only 4.38 mil total  (Read 116344 times)
Palmdetroit
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 05:52:05 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2013, 06:21:02 PM by Palmdetroit

What's that all about ?

The question mark is orphan blocks, but the rest is all mined block with 0.00 value. If I check transaction details, there is a debit of 0.00 and a net amount of a negative number (they are all different).  As this looks to be the PoS mining, why I get all these transactions with a 0 value? and I got a bunch more in my wallet.  It's like I never got to succefully PoS and it's been a few months now... is this normal behavior? if not what is wrong?

Thanks

I will look at code but these are PoS blocks and I believe DMD is coded so that if stake <1 then = 0. Like some other PoS coins. In PHS you actually always get a small amount if below 1.  
But, as many p2pool users find out on other coins, you have to send in smaller transactions when you eventually move them. Here is an example of a user today with the small PoS :

unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 06:24:19 PM

What's that all about ?

The question mark is orphan blocks, but the rest is all mined block with 0.00 value. If I check transaction details, there is a debit of 0.00 and a net amount of a negative number (they are all different).  As this looks to be the PoS mining, why I get all these transactions with a 0 value? and I got a bunch more in my wallet.  It's like I never got to succefully PoS and it's been a few months now... is this normal behavior? if not what is wrong?

Thanks

I will look at code but these are PoS blocks and I believe DMD is coded so that if stake <1 then = 0. Like some other PoS coins. In PHS you actually always get a small amount if below 1.  
But, as many p2pool users find out on other coins, you have to send in smaller transactions when you eventually move them. Here is an example of a user today with the small PoS :

Ok so basically, I don't have enauhg stake (greater than 1) so I get 0.  If I stake a bigger amount witch would result in a PoS > 0, then I should get the minted block... correct ?

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
Palmdetroit
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 06:27:03 PM

Ok so basically, I don't have enauhg stake (greater than 1) so I get 0.  If I stake a bigger amount witch would result in a PoS > 0, then I should get the minted block... correct ?

Yes, so instead of having a 1 dmd input if you have say 100-1000 then you will actually get the stake > 0. Also you may want to keep wallet locked or stake generation turned off until it accumulates.

unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 07:03:09 PM

Yes, so instead of having a 1 dmd input if you have say 100-1000 then you will actually get the stake > 0. Also you may want to keep wallet locked or stake generation turned off until it accumulates.

in that case is there something wrong?  I have (for a while now) over 200 DMD but still no stake...

what about locked wallet? (how do you do that?)
and since I have over 200DMD do I still have to turn off stake generation? (and if I do, how it's turned off, I don't see the command in the console)

thanks again

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
Palmdetroit
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 07:29:35 PM

in that case is there something wrong?  I have (for a while now) over 200 DMD but still no stake...

what about locked wallet? (how do you do that?)
and since I have over 200DMD do I still have to turn off stake generation? (and if I do, how it's turned off, I don't see the command in the console)

thanks again

this should answer all your questions:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=187714.0

Tripmode

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 07:38:16 PM

I have set up a Diamond Block Explorer

http://www.diamondblocks.info

It is using open source software called Abe

There are a few problems right now (coins displayed as 0.01 for example) but I will be working on fixing - also going to skin it with a real nice design soon.  Any suggestions please send them my way!

Tripmode, are you sure that it's working properly?
Address should start with letter "d"...
The amount should be 1 (not 0.1)!

I have fixed both issues. If anyone else notices any bugs please let me know.
I hope to have my graphic designer friend give this front end an overhaul soon.

Trade PXL and other coins at Atomic Trade!
zuper

Activity: 162

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:32:48 PM

There are a few problems right now (coins displayed as 0.01 for example) but I will be working on fixing - also going to skin it with a real nice design soon.  Any suggestions please send them my way!

nice, still i wonder who has address dNNVDurRYnVYQw7kCkkxbrD8u1TwssN5cg

It says:

I'm sorry, this address has too many records to display.

API (machine-readable pages)

dmdpool.net Smiley
Tripmode

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 10:33:50 PM

It says:

That is dmdpool.net - I am going to try and fix that issue as well!

Also what I noticed is there should be an even number of coins ever created but it is not. It's also cool to look at the block and see when the "super blocks" were awarded. 30 diamond blocks are supposed to happen once a day but it seems a lot less infrequent than that.

zuper

Activity: 162

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:00:27 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2013, 01:11:22 AM by zuper

There are a few problems right now (coins displayed as 0.01 for example) but I will be working on fixing - also going to skin it with a real nice design soon.  Any suggestions please send them my way!

It says:

That is dmdpool.net - I am going to try and fix that issue as well!

Also what I noticed is there should be an even number of coins ever created but it is not. It's also cool to look at the block and see when the "super blocks" were awarded. 30 diamond blocks are supposed to happen once a day but it seems a lot less infrequent than that.

We (dmdpool.net) have mined 3 times of 30-diamond-blocks, 11 times of 8-diamond-blocks, 59 times of 2-diamond-blocks during this first month.
digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:59:54 AM

My rig discovered a 30-diamond-block on dmdpool.net yesterday. It is wonderful moment to me
dfox101

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:09:30 AM

What's that all about ?

The question mark is orphan blocks, but the rest is all mined block with 0.00 value. If I check transaction details, there is a debit of 0.00 and a net amount of a negative number (they are all different).  As this looks to be the PoS mining, why I get all these transactions with a 0 value? and I got a bunch more in my wallet.  It's like I never got to succefully PoS and it's been a few months now... is this normal behavior? if not what is wrong?

Thanks

This is caused by the multiplication order in the code, and the payout is rounded to integer coin. To fix this, just change the multiplication order in the code and release a new version, and you will see the decimal PoS payout. A very easy fix in the code.
Tripmode

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 04:25:04 AM

It says:

Well I removed the limit.  Here are some interesting stats on DMDPool:

Balance: 2037 DMD
Transactions in: 9325
Received: 9569 DMD
Transactions out: 7277
Sent: 7532 DMD

I am debating turning the limit back on as a big query has the potential to kill system resources....

Tripmode

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 04:26:41 AM

My rig discovered a 30-diamond-block on dmdpool.net yesterday. It is wonderful moment to me

Found it!
http://www.diamondblocks.info/block/00000000d13fe147f8f86dafdd49cb6b5f78447fb5510c733d576a59a29dc2c3

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:42:51 AM

this was a great coin once with a great name, hope this will get fixed up and back on an exchange rather soon.

digicoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:23:22 AM

this was a great coin once with a great name, hope this will get fixed up and back on an exchange rather soon.

Its name is its marketing power. Some merchants can easily accept it because it is good for their brands
digicoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:04:45 AM

Block 201885 30 coins have ben uncovered by dmdpool.net  Grin
digicoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:59:28 PM

The author says "It (DMD) also supports transaction comments like Florincoin, so when you send transactions to the cosmos, you and your receiver won't be lost!"

How does it work? I can find any docs that back the statement.

Also, any detail on how PoS works in DMD? Do I need to keep the wallet open for 5, 7, 10 days?
Palmdetroit
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:38:07 PM

Clarification for those who requested stake information:

Code:
unsigned int nStakeMinAge = 60 * 60 * 24 * 7;	// minimum age for coin age: 7d

Code:
CBigNum bnRewardCoinYearLimit = MAX_MINT_PROOF_OF_STAKE; // Base stake mint rate, 100% year interest

Code:
        // Diamond: reward for coin-year is cut in half every 64x multiply of PoS difficulty
        // A reasonably continuous curve is used to avoid shock to market
        // (nRewardCoinYearLimit / nRewardCoinYear) ** 4 == bnProofOfStakeLimit / bnTarget
        //
        // Human readable form:
        //
        // nRewardCoinYear = 1 / (posdiff ^ 1/4)

CBigNum bnLowerBound = 1 * CENT; // Lower interest bound is 1% per year

Code:
nRewardCoinYear = 1 / (posdiff ^ 1/4)

digicoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:07:32 PM

Thanks. Your information is really helpful

PS: I have another question on transaction messages: "It (DMD) also supports transaction comments like Florincoin, so when you send transactions to the cosmos, you and your receiver won't be lost!". I have no idea on how it works because I find no options in the wallet client to do it. Anyone knows about that please kindly comment here. Thanks
gmg

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:24:15 PM

Thanks. Your information is really helpful

PS: I have another question on transaction messages: "It (DMD) also supports transaction comments like Florincoin, so when you send transactions to the cosmos, you and your receiver won't be lost!". I have no idea on how it works because I find no options in the wallet client to do it. Anyone knows about that please kindly comment here. Thanks

I don't have the wallet in this PC, but last time I hit the Send tab there was a text box at the top of the screen where I could enter any text I wanted (with a warning that this comment would be viewable by everybody).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: