Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:31:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think its the right time to sell Bitcoin ?  (Read 3566 times)
syberwolfen (OP)

Activity: 790
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:56:02 PM

Do you think it will be the best time to sell as there are two kind of speculations one says the value of bitcoin will reach $20,000 by 2018 and there are also speculations that the bitcoin might go through a dump in upcoming days but i know we cannot believe into random predictions by random users due to the volatility of bitcoin but i need some suggestions whether to hold on to bitcoin or sell it out and invest some of it into altcoins and then wait for the price drop to reinvest into bitcoin which i am not sure will happen or not.

Am I spamming? Report me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:03:38 PM

Do you think it will be the best time to sell as there are two kind of speculations one says the value of bitcoin will reach $20,000 by 2018 and there are also speculations that the bitcoin might go through a dump in upcoming days but i know we cannot believe into random predictions by random users due to the volatility of bitcoin but i need some suggestions whether to hold on to bitcoin or sell it out and invest some of it into altcoins and then wait for the price drop to reinvest into bitcoin which i am not sure will happen or not.

It really depends on how much profit you've made so far. Personally, I will hodl until it reaches at least $100,000. If it doesn't reach this level, then that's fine.

If the price does drop, I doubt it'll be a massive drop, the overall trend is upwards and it's likely to stay that way for the next couple of years.

If you REALLY need the money now, then by all means sell. But if you've got your spare cash held in bitcoins, I'd continue holding as you might regret it otherwise.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:19:07 PM

Keep believe on bitcoin price and believe that the price of it will continuously increase. Some people are spreading bad news because they only want to dump the price of bitcoin by spreading rumors so that they will be able to buy more bitcoin at the lower price and when they will buy then they will support bitcoin and they know that after the end of this year the price of bitcoin will reach to $50000 or more.
Alns

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:25:57 PM

So you are talking about two probably theories, stop creating fake stories on your mind, stop joking yourself and keep holding those bitcoins.

I dont understand why you all are worried about the futures, and for a future dump.

Bitcoin was less than $12,000 JUST A WEEK AGO, and you all are complaining? It has not even touched the last week all time high.

the value of bitcoin will reach $20,000 by 2018 and there are also speculations that the bitcoin might go through a dump in upcoming days

If you are a coward, then sell all your bitcoins, if you are not, then keep holding
uslfd

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:28:50 PM

I think it depends on your entry point and your own risk / money management plan.
For example, if I have only invested $100 in it, then probably I shouldn't even care about any movement until my investment reaches $1000 ( for example )

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1171

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:29:17 PM

It very much depends on when and how many bitcoins you bought in the past. If you bought a lot when bitcoin was much cheaper, it would seem like a good idea to convert some of the price increase back into USD. That way if the price of bitcoin did fall, you at least made some profit from it.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:31:39 PM

If you are really that much uncertain I'd suggest you to move your money out, not all of it but at least one that you have invested if this is the case. By doing this you will just put a side pure profit. Other thing is to try to gamble with alt coins. For instance IOTA was like 0.5 maybe a bit less and in a month time it went till 5$ which means that value increased drasticly. You can also keep it in bitcoin, I am keeping some in bitcoin as it is the first thing that people hear and what pops in their minds. In my opinion all is looking bright with some exchanges such as nasdaq itself is looking to implement bitcoin trading. So in my opinion bitcoin price should be on good legs/stable terain.

But again do your reaserch as we all need to do.
bestluck

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:36:37 PM

I think it depends on your entry point and your own risk / money management plan.
For example, if I have only invested $100 in it, then probably I shouldn't even care about any movement until my investment reaches $1000 ( for example )
But for some people even 10 dollars are a very high price if they do not own a high amount of money in real life so they will also care for that amount. But I will suggest that keep them in your wallet and do not worry because nothing bad will happen and the price of bitcoin will increase and will not decrease. You just need to believe on the future of bitcoin and you will earn.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:40:48 PM

For me not a good idea to sell bitcoin since there are still potencial to increase more if you sell you will lose opportunity to make more profit..
But if you bought bitcoin in cheap price well you can also good to sell them to save the profit and wait for the price drop again to buy cheap bitcoin but i still confidence to hold bitcoin because i see more potencial about bitcoin that it can be increase more its value this month.. Look at the market right now the price of bitcoin is increase back again after the drop price happen past few hours. .

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:46:16 PM

Reaching $20k might be a little hard i feel that people are selling it at $16k-$17k which causes a major dump back low to $13k.

What is best to do is set a stop loss at somewhere around $16.7k after it has reached $17k so if dumping happens you don't miss the important profits and if it doesn't you can book more profits from yourself.
Kimpoiluiseta

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:15:08 PM

not good time, because after peak price , this now bitcoin price is down
i think wait until end year and bitcoin price incraese very high, over peak price

▄▄▄
            ▄█████▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
    ▄████▀███████████▀████▄
  ▄████▀   ▀███████▀   ▀████▄
  ████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
   ▀████▄ ▄████▀████▄ ▄████▀
     ▀███████▀   ▀███████▀
       ▀████▄     ▄████▀
         ▀████▄ ▄████▀
           ▀███████▀
             ▀███▀

▐███████▌           ▐███▌      ▐███▌        ████         ██████████████
     █████████           █████      █████        ████         ▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀
    ▐███▌ ▐███▌         ▐█████▌    ▐█████▌       ████              ████
    ████   ████         ███████    ███████       ████              ████
   ▐███▌   ▐███▌       ▐███▌███▌  ▐███▐███▌      ████              ████
   ████     ████       ████  ███  ███  ████      ████              ████
  ▐███████▄ ▐███▌     ▐███▌  ▐██▌▐██▌  ▐███▌     ████              ████
  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀ ████     ████    ██████    ████     ████              ████
 ▐███▌       ▐███▌   ▐███▌    ▐████▌    ▐███▌    ███████████       ████
 ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀
███▀
▐▌

▐▌

███▄
....The Token of Compliance....

❱❱  Facebook   ❱❱  Twitter   ❱❱  Telegram   ❱❱  Blog
▀███
▐▌

▐▌

▄███
███▀
▐▌

▐▌

███▄
▀███
▐▌

▐▌

▄███
orka39

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:32:51 PM

I think you dont have feel to believe any of suggestion here since you said that you can not believe random speculations by random users.
If you ask it here, mean it will be answered by random users with random speculation. You will not believe it.

However now i think good time to buy because the price is low.

machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:38:54 PM

I think bitcoin will still go up, its just the matter of time, for me selling bitcoin because of the little dropping is stupid, a lot of newbie panic because of the price drop and according to people's speculation that the price will drop, when you already long involve in bitcoin you should know that panic selling is the thing that need to be avoided
rodskee

Activity: 2324
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:57:21 PM

its hard to decide when is the right time to sell of bitcoin but i suggest with you mate the decision is yours i believe hodling are best strategy to get profits even if bitcoin goes dump or up how much number of bitcoin do you have in your saving thats is yours and i believe bitcoin after dump goes up and pump again.
today is in the highest price for bitcoin if you have expenses for your daily needs go sell it to feed your family but if you have enough budget for your nedds hodl it to wait the 50,000usd prediction.

patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:10:05 AM

I'm afraid no one can really answer that question for you. I do think that the price will go down a bit, but simple because it just increased like crazy in the past three days. Most people that bought BTC probably don't even know what the blockchain is. This means that a lot of guys are getting in based on FOMO, so they will be the first to run away if the price drops a little. We will probably have a correction, and since now it's possible to make money by shorting bitcoin, it makes it even more sense for that correction to occur. If this happen, and from a trading point of view, it make sense to sell, in order to buy the dip. Anyway, no one knows what will happen, so you need to wait and see. Take a chance if you want based on what you think is right, and have an exit planed if things go wrong.

Marrionbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:37:10 AM

It really depends to your goal in your investment. But it is still better to hold it for long term investment. Sometimes we are very impulsive if the price of Bitcoin does not align in our expectations. We get panic if the price is getting low or vice versa.  For me, you can buy Bitcoin anytime you want because you can never predict what will happen in the future. Since the Bitcoin price graph is keep on increasing so you can fairly say that the demands of Bitcoin investments is too high. So better to place now.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:03:59 AM

I think bitcoin will still go up, its just the matter of time, for me selling bitcoin because of the little dropping is stupid, a lot of newbie panic because of the price drop and according to people's speculation that the price will drop, when you already long involve in bitcoin you should know that panic selling is the thing that need to be avoided

People who are new to the crypto world will mostly panic in these kinds of volatile prices because they may not be used to it. If anything goes high very fast has to go through correction process and currently that is what happens. Because from 10K to 17K Bitcoin reached quite fast and now correction mode after that slowly it will go higher than 17K so just hold on to your bitcoins if you're not in a need of urgent funds.
Slash61

Activity: 633
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:38:18 AM

actually happened or not it all back again on their respective users. why, because it's the right of every user to sell at a high price or invest it. if I am personally I will invest it because I do not know for the future price will penetrate number how much ....

St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:40:35 AM

If you think it is the right time then you just go and sell but in my view it is not the right time,I hope the price of bitcoin will continue in the coming days also so if you hold some more time then you will get more profit.
I don't think the price of bitcoin will dump or crash so don't wait for buy bitcoins for cheaper price,the price will get more expensive at the waiting time.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
santieevanz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:57:43 AM

If you need money because of an emergency case then yes, it is the right time to sell bitcoins now because its value reached $15,998 which increased +.29 % and that means if ever the bitcoin go through a dump this coming year then you won't lose so much money but if you think that it will increase by $20,000 this coming 2018 then I would say you have to wait and see what might happen. In fact, it's your decision which means it's always up to you.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: