Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:31:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: hsrminer - Nvidia mining software for various algos by palgin&alexkap  (Read 30737 times)
umine

Activity: 405
Merit: 136

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:23:32 AM

Can you please post your rig config (MoBo, Memory amount, CPU, GPU Vendor and model) ? Your card is currently installed on board or you use riser? Does the speed fluctuate with power consumption (30% up-down)? Do you have wattmeter to measure consumption at power plug?

It can be caused by work distribution among GPUs (in your case 1 card only) or by hardware config, I make a list of hardware with troubles or unexpected behavior, so your help will be much appreciated.

Anyway, thank you for participation!

Config:
MoBo: MSI Z170-A Pro
CPU: Pentium G 4400
RAM: 8GB
HardDrive: 60GB SSD
GPU: GTX1080Ti Palit GameRock Premium

GPU is connected directly to the MoBo.
Hashrate is stable around 24Mh/s. (core voltage/frequency also stable in MSI AB)
Average power consumption is about 230W (for several hours)
Unfortunatelly I've no a wattmeter to make direct measurement. I'm using just Nvidia SMI tool

Maybe power fluctuations appear because of task distribution on the GPU (I check with 2 sec period)

kwchmining

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:15:15 AM

I'm not sure how intensity should be done, but with the default setting now there's some overhead (1-3% GPU usage). In ccminer that means you can get a noticeable speed increase if you push the GPU usage higher with intensity.

Maybe allowing us to change the intensity or even thread/blocks, we, the users could experiment and find the best settings for different cards. I'm not sure how that works for different algos though.

Direct thread/block input is unsafe . As this parameter is hardware-bounded, think I'll stick to ccminer-style intensity setting, currently it's automatically calculated depending on card model.

Hi Palgin,

I have a large commercial farm and would love to see a Neoscrypt enhancement come out! Very in demand for miners and all of the new profitable coins coming out with no SPMod like LUX.

Good luck and congrats on your success so far!

-Kevin
palgin (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 06:10:34 AM

Good to know. I'm not a programmer but I was just thinking how much of a difference a near-perfect t/b launch config could offer and how much time it takes for you guys to find ideal launch configs for each cards. Miners tends to enjoy playing with settings so you could kind of crowdsource that - if it made a significant difference that is.

In cudaminer days for scrypt and similar algos the difference was day and night when it came down to using the perfect settings (threads(or blocks?) were almost always the multiple of the card's SMX count).

Tying both the optimization and the benchmark issue into one, cudaminer's benchmark for scrypt coins had a benchmark mode that would find the fastest launch config by trying a bunch of them. It was bad by default (was way too fast before trying the next one), but with some tinkering it found the fastest speeds pretty reliably even on modern cards. Again, if that's a scrypt-exclusive thing than just ignore me, but it's something to consider. But a benchmark system that tries even only just different intensities and finds the fastest would be great imo.

You're right, but this is applicable only to single kernel algos (or in some specific cases to multi kernel algos).
I like the idea with benchmark self-finding best launch config, think we'll stick to this rather then direct intensity input. Another problem with benchmark versus real work is that benchmark usually shows faster hashrate than it appears during real pool work, so I think we should provide real data from pool to benchmark code.

Thank you for a great idea!

BTC tips welcome: 16DHzyuqenEoHRA3w3YVGcYSDSHks7mor4
palgin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 06:15:07 AM

Config:
MoBo: MSI Z170-A Pro
CPU: Pentium G 4400
RAM: 8GB
HardDrive: 60GB SSD
GPU: GTX1080Ti Palit GameRock Premium

GPU is connected directly to the MoBo.
Hashrate is stable around 24Mh/s. (core voltage/frequency also stable in MSI AB)
Average power consumption is about 230W (for several hours)
Unfortunatelly I've no a wattmeter to make direct measurement. I'm using just Nvidia SMI tool

Maybe power fluctuations appear because of task distribution on the GPU (I check with 2 sec period)

Thank you for the info, if speed doesn't fluctuate with power, I think it's SMI software issue and there's nothing dangerous to hardware, but only wattmeter confirmation will close this question, I'll keep tracking it.

palgin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 06:18:21 AM

Hi Palgin,

I have a large commercial farm and would love to see a Neoscrypt enhancement come out! Very in demand for miners and all of the new profitable coins coming out with no SPMod like LUX.

Good luck and congrats on your success so far!

-Kevin

Hi, as a lot of people vote for Neoscrypt, I think I'll stick to it, hope to finish it in time.

And thank you for your kind words.

restless
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:35:28 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2017, 07:48:48 AM by restless

a working altenative/backup/  pool will be great. You know, like in this "old&crap" software called sgminer...
palgin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 07:37:30 AM

a working altenative pool will be great. You know, like in this "old&crap" software called sgminer...

Yes, we're planning failover pool support in future versions.

palgin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 11:16:19 AM

Miner software for various hashing algorithms (currenlty Nvidia-only) by palgin & alexkap
<snip>
Hey palgin cool to see you do a new miner, I followed your progress regarding the Skunk algo earlier this year.

If it is possible to vote you have my vote for a improved Bitcore BTX miner! Wink

--ypsi

Thank you, I'm planning to cover most of non-ASIC algos, but all this takes time, Bitcore is on my list Wink

umine

Activity: 405
Merit: 136

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:49:31 PM

Thank you for the info, if speed doesn't fluctuate with power, I think it's SMI software issue and there's nothing dangerous to hardware, but only wattmeter confirmation will close this question, I'll keep tracking it.

But I don't see the fluctuations on Equihash algo. I should test different algos and mining software to localize the issue. Unfortunatelly I've no enough time today. Maybe in few days I will test some and will responce to you.

I beware the problem becaues of I would like to create optimal configuration for the future rig and the main question is: How much power should reserve above average consumption ( I proposed about 20-25% )

m1n1ngP4d4w4n

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

CryptoLearner

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:05:51 PM

But I don't see the fluctuations on Equihash algo. I should test different algos and mining software to localize the issue. Unfortunatelly I've no enough time today. Maybe in few days I will test some and will responce to you.

I beware the problem becaues of I would like to create optimal configuration for the future rig and the main question is: How much power should reserve above average consumption ( I proposed about 20-25% )

a good practice is to have at least 30% reserve to compensate for any possible spikes and because psu's aren't made to work 24/7 at 100% load (except server psu's and not even those like to be 100% all the time), it will also save you money, because a PSU efficiency is higher when it's load is lower (most efficiency numbers are given for a 50% loaded psu, so a plat 94% will be 90% at 80% load and even less above)
palgin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 04:09:41 PM

In that case you'll need wattmeter anyway to measure consumption precisely.  Smiley
I'll be waiting for info from you regarding this issue, hope we'll figure it out and close this case.

abudfv2008

Activity: 728
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:32:02 PM

There is a problem. The miner try to initialize GPU's and do nothing.
https://i.imgur.com/0C1rGjk.png

palgin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 05:45:00 PM

There is a problem. The miner try to initialize GPU's and do nothing.
https://i.imgur.com/0C1rGjk.png

Hi, I've seen this before, it's caused by positive or false-positive in-software protection system reaction, occures on some machines, but generally it should not be a problem, usually in false-positive case it takes around a minute to start mining and then everything goes smoothly.
If protection decides it's positive case, mining won't start ever.
Do you use some kind of restart script or specific firewall software, have blocks in hosts file? What version of Win do you use?
Let"s solve this issue, I had that reaction on my testrig twice, that's why we started beta test first, to prevent that kind of behaviour in future.
Anyway, thank you for feedback!

abudfv2008

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:49:57 PM

Hi, I've seen this before, it's caused by positive or false-positive in-software protection system reaction, occures on some machines, but generally it should not be a problem, usually in false-positive case it takes around a minute to start mining and then everything goes smoothly.
If protection decides it's positive case, mining won't start ever.
Do you use some kind of restart script or specific firewall software, have blocks in hosts file? What version of Win do you use?
Let"s solve this issue, I had that reaction on my testrig twice, that's why we started beta test first, to prevent that kind of behaviour in future.
Anyway, thank you for feedback!
Thats not the case. Miners folder is excluded from the AV. Standart windows defender and disabled firewall, nothing in hosts. Used simple bat file.
The pool is "-o yiimp.eu:7433"
Tried in 2 rigs with different GPU sets. Got same behaviour.
Maybe there is some way to enable some debug logs?

P.S. Finally got an error
 INFO : [20:53:25] : HTTP request failed: Operation timed out after 150000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received
 INFO : [20:53:25] : get_work failed, retry after 10 seconds
palgin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 05:59:24 PM

Yes, looked at your screens more precisely and saw that stratum connection hasn't been established. Epsylon is currently focused on VIVO wallet self-forked, so yiimp can go up-down, I suppose.

P.S.: I'll add informational output about establishing connection with pool.

abudfv2008

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:03:09 PM

Yes, looked at your screens more precisely and saw that stratum connection hasn't been established. Epsylon is currently focused on VIVO wallet self-forked, so yiimp can go up-down.

P.S.: I'll add informational output about establishing connection with pool.
Mmm. The same time ccminer connects without any problems, with the same parameters
palgin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 06:08:03 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2017, 06:27:35 PM by palgin

Mmm. The same time ccminer connects without any problems, with the same parameters

Hmmm, maybe Epsylon doesn't like me or this software? Smiley
Anyone else tried running this against yiimp?

During pre-release tests everything was OK with running hsrminer on yiimp, we've even put it as a backup devfee pool  Grin

P.S: just tested it against yiimp, everything is OK. Seems problem is not related to hsrminer itself.

abudfv2008

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:25:19 PM

During pre-release tests everything was OK with running hsrminer on yiimp, we've even put it as a backup devfee pool  Grin
According to this
http://yiimp.eu/site/miners
noone.
palgin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 06:35:38 PM

During pre-release tests everything was OK with running hsrminer on yiimp, we've even put it as a backup devfee pool  Grin
According to this
noone.

Not surprising, HSR is not even close as profitable as neoscrypt or bitcore, for example. Just bunch of Chinese guys mining it at the moment Cheesy

abudfv2008

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:37:53 PM

According to this
noone.

Not surprising, HSR is not even close as profitable as neoscrypt or bitcore, for example. Just bunch of Chinese guys mining it at the moment Cheesy
Ok. Just for the test - to get speed. What pool is working?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: