Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:00:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: hsrminer - Nvidia mining software for various algos by palgin&alexkap  (Read 30735 times)
NetopyrMan

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:39:23 AM
Last edit: December 29, 2017, 11:29:38 AM by NetopyrMan

its wierd ...

(still neoscrypt only)

- 1 rig (5x 1070ti) works very well, no reset miner, no crash
- 1 rig (same cards, settings) works well even if sometimes miner crash (illegal memory, removed -i and trying without it now)
- 1 rig (same cards, settings) crashin almost every 10 minutes (illegal memory, removed -i and trying without it now)
- rig with 4x1070 and 1x1080ti - 70s works 3 days with no problem, no crash (-i 4) ... but 1080ti 2 days no crash and now crashin almost every hour with illegal memory acces (-i 5) OR with this error:
1474 unspecified launch failure

edited:

- cant remove -i by 1080ti, miner crash totaly inc. closing window (set i- 5)
car1999

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:21:52 PM

what's the power consumption of neocrypt with 1080ti? I don't have windows 1080ti rigs and cannot test it.
palgin (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 12:26:31 PM

its wierd ...

(still neoscrypt only)

- 1 rig (5x 1070ti) works very well, no reset miner, no crash
- 1 rig (same cards, settings) works well even if sometimes miner crash (illegal memory, removed -i and trying without it now)
- 1 rig (same cards, settings) crashin almost every 10 minutes (illegal memory, removed -i and trying without it now)
- rig with 4x1070 and 1x1080ti - 70s works 3 days with no problem, no crash (-i 4) ... but 1080ti 2 days no crash and now crashin almost every hour with illegal memory acces (-i 5) OR with this error:
1474 unspecified launch failure

edited:

- cant remove -i by 1080ti, miner crash totaly inc. closing window (set i- 5)

I've already performed my investigation on that issue, I personally had 2 rigs crashing every hour or two, tried lowering clocks - helped, but then showed up again. Replaced risers with new ones - problem gone, now watching these two.

Try replacing risers on problematic rigs.

Source of this problem: kernel design suppose that bandwidth between Host and Device needs to be quite high, so if riser or PCI-e port become not able to hande all that RW cycles, miner crashes.

BTC tips welcome: 16DHzyuqenEoHRA3w3YVGcYSDSHks7mor4
bluebox

Activity: 150

caeruleum arca archa

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:27:10 PM

Product contains devfee 1% (0.5% for me, 0.5% for alexkap) and is close-sourced, but voluntary work won't be abandoned.

Will be distributed (at least on the first stage) as one binary per algo, not so convenient, I understand, but currently it's code-bounded.

Cool work - however please consider this a formal request for the source - is seems the kernels might be related to another project of yours, https://github.com/palginpav/ccminer - which I'd also love the source for. Since the ccminer fork is entirely off a project released under GPL, all the code you've written is also considered GPL.

I'm all for your devfee and am not looking to remove it, however I tend not to run anything I cannot compile myself and I tend to try and do my own optimizations for my linux rigs.

Thanks - looking forward to the releases.

I will second this motion; ccminer is GPL and you (palgin & alexkap) no doubt have code from ccminer embedded in your code, therefore violating GPL license agreements. Doesn't matter if it's 30% or 0.03%.

I'm sorry about your financial situation (if true), but that doesn't allow you to do what you are doing here. Besides, your miner isn't any better than ccminer on neoscrypt, likely because of windows well-known DWM encumberances.

Please release the open source, as is expected.

"The hurrier I go, the behinder I get..." - Lewis Carroll
palgin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 04:39:26 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2017, 05:31:06 PM by palgin

Product contains devfee 1% (0.5% for me, 0.5% for alexkap) and is close-sourced, but voluntary work won't be abandoned.

Will be distributed (at least on the first stage) as one binary per algo, not so convenient, I understand, but currently it's code-bounded.

Cool work - however please consider this a formal request for the source - is seems the kernels might be related to another project of yours, https://github.com/palginpav/ccminer - which I'd also love the source for. Since the ccminer fork is entirely off a project released under GPL, all the code you've written is also considered GPL.

I'm all for your devfee and am not looking to remove it, however I tend not to run anything I cannot compile myself and I tend to try and do my own optimizations for my linux rigs.

Thanks - looking forward to the releases.

I will second this motion; ccminer is GPL and you (palgin & alexkap) no doubt have code from ccminer embedded in your code, therefore violating GPL license agreements. Doesn't matter if it's 30% or 0.03%.

I'm sorry about your financial situation (if true), but that doesn't allow you to do what you are doing here. Besides, your miner isn't any better than ccminer on neoscrypt, likely because of windows well-known DWM encumberances.

So, take me to court and prove it, man, take your destiny in your hands, become millionaire/billionaire/trillionaire (underline wanted).

First question, why do you need my source if it's not better than ccminer? What are you doing here? Oh, maybe you're GPL-police officer who decides who "no doubt" violates GPL, and who "doubtfully" violates GPL?

Second question, this one ritorical, what you consider GPL violation? For example, ccminer uses NVML wrapping, my miner uses NVML wrapping, all based on one library provided by Nvidia, code will be nearly exactly the same because it's lib provided by 3rd-party, is it GPL violation or not? If 1+1=2 why should I do 3-1=2? Or maybe you have inside info from planet Nibiru?

In UFOcoin thread:

Sorry — forced dev fees and no linux binary/source, winblows only? No thanks.

Also, mr/mrs bluebox, did you know that 2017 is coming to it's end? No free phone calls for you for last couple of decades, sorry  Grin
And tell me more about DWM (I didn't know that mysterious fact, thank you for mentioning), if I turn AERO interface off and DWM turns off with it, will my miner even get a chance? Or I'm doomed?
You think you're so sophisticated, exquisite, you go against the system, use only free open-source software, fight against corporations that would one day slave this World or what?

bluebox

caeruleum arca archa

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:38:25 PM

So, take me to court and prove it, man, take your destiny in your hands, become millionaire/billionaire/trillionaire (underline wanted).

First question, why do you need my source if it's not better than ccminer? What are you doing here? Oh, maybe you're GPL-police officer who decides who "no doubt" violates GPL, and who "doubtfully" violates GPL?

Second question, this one ritorical, what you consider GPL violation? For example, ccminer uses NVML wrapping, my miner uses NVML wrapping, all based on one library provided by Nvidia, code will be nearly exactly the same because it's lib provided by 3rd-party, is it GPL violation or not? If 1+1=2 why should I do 3-1=2? Or maybe you have inside info from planet Nibiru?

You obviously haven't read the GPL license in your own ccminer fork that you used to create "hsrminer":

"When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom, not
price.  Our General Public Licenses are designed to make sure that you
have the freedom to distribute copies of free software (and charge for
them if you wish), that you receive source code or can get it if you
want it, that you can change the software or use pieces of it in new
free programs, and that you know you can do these things.

To protect your rights, we need to prevent others from denying you
these rights or asking you to surrender the rights.  Therefore, you have
certain responsibilities if you distribute copies of the software, or if
you modify it: responsibilities to respect the freedom of others.

For example, if you distribute copies of such a program, whether
gratis or for a fee, you must pass on to the recipients the same
freedoms that you received.  You must make sure that they, too, receive
or can get the source code.
 And you must show them these terms so they
know their rights."

Soooo many references to freedom that you probably don't understand it, living so close to the Kremlin in Moscow and all. I'm so sure you independently wrote your own neoscrypt algo cuda code, along with the rest of the mining program that isn't common "library" code.

Whatevs. It's not about being the "GPL police". It does mean not claiming code you didn't write, trying to make a profit from it. It's not about rhetoric, either; it's a matter of respecting community property, not persuading everyone that you have a right to take and use what isn't yours to begin with.

As far as the rest of your slights, I'll choose to ignore them since it's apparent to everyone that you have a different view of what comprises theft these days. And yes, I got that info directly from Nibiru.

Good luck with the Cryptonite fork, btw. I'm sure you'll create another outstanding closed-source coin from it.

Cheers, and Happy New Year, comrade. I really don't give a shit what you do with it, I ain't using it.

UrsaUrsa

Activity: 104
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:43:50 PM

I thought this GPL war belonged to SP_'s thread but hey people are board and it's the weekend already. Happy new year!

@Palgin: Since you know how to manage the GDDR5X memory, could you put an ETH miner together?
palgin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 05:46:01 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2017, 05:57:01 PM by palgin

You obviously haven't read the GPL license in your own ccminer fork that you used to create "hsrminer":

"When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom, not
price.  Our General Public Licenses are designed to make sure that you
have the freedom to distribute copies of free software (and charge for
them if you wish), that you receive source code or can get it if you
want it, that you can change the software or use pieces of it in new
free programs, and that you know you can do these things.

To protect your rights, we need to prevent others from denying you
these rights or asking you to surrender the rights.  Therefore, you have
certain responsibilities if you distribute copies of the software, or if
you modify it: responsibilities to respect the freedom of others.

For example, if you distribute copies of such a program, whether
gratis or for a fee, you must pass on to the recipients the same
freedoms that you received.  You must make sure that they, too, receive
or can get the source code.
 And you must show them these terms so they
know their rights."

Soooo many references to freedom that you probably don't understand it, living so close to the Kremlin in Moscow and all. I'm so sure you independently wrote your own neoscrypt algo cuda code, along with the rest of the mining program that isn't common "library" code.

Whatevs. It's not about being the "GPL police". It does mean not claiming code you didn't write, trying to make a profit from it. It's not about rhetoric, either; it's a matter of respecting community property, not persuading everyone that you have a right to take and use what isn't yours to begin with.

As far as the rest of your slights, I'll choose to ignore them since it's apparent to everyone that you have a different view of what comprises theft these days. And yes, I got that info directly from Nibiru.

Good luck with the Cryptonite fork, btw. I'm sure you'll create another outstanding closed-source coin from it.

Cheers, and Happy New Year, comrade. I really don't give a shit what you do with it, I ain't using it.

Oh, that's where the roots come from, I'll shock you, but I'm Ukrainian, comrade

I've used fork that you've mentioned to create ccminer-palginmod, which WAS GPL-violative software, and I've never stated anything other about it. But give me link to any binary.

Do you even know what cuda_neoscrypt code do? Do your research and answer line-by-line, our freedom-fighter. I'll give you a clue, it LAUNCHES (!!!!!!!!!!!)

When person states something, he needs to answer.

palgin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 05:50:02 PM

I thought this GPL war belonged to SP_'s thread but hey people are board and it's the weekend already. Happy new year!

@Palgin: Since you know how to manage the GDDR5X memory, could you put an ETH miner together?

Does it still have any sense to mine Dagger? ETH going to PoS any day, all other related coins look more like ICO-shit.

bluebox

caeruleum arca archa

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:27:49 PM

Do you even know what cuda_neoscrypt code do? Do your research and answer line-by-line, our freedom-fighter. I'll give you a clue, it LAUNCHES (!!!!!!!!!!!)

...these questions three. Don't be a troll. Your attitude isn't very becoming of someone who really wants to support — and have people use — their "product", is it?

cuda_neoscrypt.cu
Code:
// originally from djm34 - github.com/djm34/ccminer-sp-neoscrypt
// kernel code from Nanashi Meiyo-Meijin 1.7.6-r10 (July 2016)

It's just an example. I guess you missed the point.

But I'm sure you asked tpruvot, djm threefour, and/or Nanashi for a permissive re-license of their codes for proprietary/closed-source use.

malthrax

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:34:10 PM

GPL arguments bore the f*ck out of me...  can we get back to making Neoscrypt mining REALLY REALLY FAST please?
palgin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 06:47:12 PM

...these questions three. Don't be a troll. Your attitude isn't very becoming of someone who really wants to support — and have people use — their "product", is it?

cuda_neoscrypt.cu
Code:
// originally from djm34 - github.com/djm34/ccminer-sp-neoscrypt
// kernel code from Nanashi Meiyo-Meijin 1.7.6-r10 (July 2016)

It's just an example. I guess you missed the point.

But I'm sure you asked tpruvot, djm threefour, and/or Nanashi for a permissive re-license of their codes for proprietary/closed-source use.

The only thing you state in your post is that in fork of ccminer located on my GitHub, cuda_neoscrypt.cu file contains that lines. And how's it related to hsrminer? And whose exactly ccminer has been forked? Maybe yours?

Like every narrow-minded person, you're highly influenced by mass-media and subcultures. If you state something, it's obligatory. If I can speak Russian - I love Putin more than my mother and live near Kremlin (of course, 1000+ km, closer than you), if I have ccminer forked on my GitHub account - I violate GPL in ANY other product I produce, if you think planet Earth is flat - no other way, man.

I'm helping ADEQUATE people, nuthouse patients need to take their treatment first before posting (or pooping?) something here.

GPL arguments bore the f*ck out of me...  can we get back to making Neoscrypt mining REALLY REALLY FAST please?

Don't worry, I'm just having fun of this guy who lives in his own little world (geek, schoolboy, weirdo? who knows?). He came to my "house" pooping on the floor, not me to his one.

HashingHellfire

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:47:55 AM

I've been using the neoscrypt miner for 48 hrs with no problems on 3 rigs with mix of 1080Tis 1070Tis and 1070s.  Results are slightly higher than other miners I've tried, I'm sure with the correct gpu OC it could be even better.  Super happy with this version and look forward to the other algos.  Thank you for your hard work palgin.
palgin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 05:46:16 AM

Neosrypt note: for everybody using Windows 10, if you don't have Creators Update installed and have problems with hsrminer, just update your rig. Found this out during investigation with user named soggyminer

fuda

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:03:55 AM

He came to my "house" pooping on the floor, not me to his one.

He was in other houses btw. Grin
https://www.reddit.com/r/ufoo/comments/7lpx9v/hsrminer_new_neoscrypt_miner_in_beta_testing/drww6nj/

To enrage him a little bit more...
Have you considered creating yourself couple of neoscrypt wallets and adding them to your signature for donations?

palgin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 10:13:28 AM

He was in other houses btw. Grin
https://www.reddit.com/r/ufoo/comments/7lpx9v/hsrminer_new_neoscrypt_miner_in_beta_testing/drww6nj/

To enrage him a little bit more...
Have you considered creating yourself couple of neoscrypt wallets and adding them to your signature for donations?

No, he's sick narcissistic miserable man, having life only online, sorry for him.
He's already on my ignore list Smiley

P.S.: had fun trolling him, he'd showed nothing but his stupidity, but every trolling has to be stopped at some point. Switched to other tasks Smiley

ayke99

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:17:13 AM

Can you add xevan and x17 ?
palgin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 12:55:45 PM

I'll add them, but I need to write kernels first, currently my primary tasks are nist5 and finishing with Neoscrypt.

ayke99

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:15:50 PM

I'll add them, but I need to write kernels first, currently my primary tasks are nist5 and finishing with Neoscrypt.
i think non nicehash algos make more money
yvmen

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:32:32 PM

i think non nicehash algos make more money

i agree cause any profitable thing they will nicehash it .. so with some non nicehash algo only the gpu mine something comfortable ... with profit

yvmen
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: