Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:41:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ☃☃☃ The #1 Factor Driving Bitcoin Prices ☃☃☃  (Read 399 times)
ShortCoins (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:12:27 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2017, 08:24:39 AM by ShortCoins

The Number #1 Factor Driving Bitcoin Prices Is:

Greed

People want to get rich quickly and not work. They think that bitcoin profits will last forever. People are investing in bitcoin, not because they believe in the future of the currency, but because they want to pad their pocketbook. Big money in Asia markets are manipulating the price. And everyone is coming along for the ride in the pursuit of profits. Bitcoin technology has increased very minimally but the cost to buy bitcoin has gone up 5,000,000 times its initial cost. Everyone is hoping to sell their bitcoin to the next person in line for more and more money. Greed will drive the price up as high as possible, and greed will cause the crash as well. Crypto is a really neat concept, but turning it into an investment tool is making us more motivated by profits than actual beliefs. Not to mention Crypto is destroying billions of dollars worth of resources each day. Its really sad to watch humanity destroy the world in pursuit of profits

Warning for EVERYONE:  The troll named “nullius” is spamming the forum with FUD warnings. He is very annoying and stalks all my threads  
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:19:01 AM

Greed or not there's no doubt that the price has pushed bitcoins, and cryptocurrencies in general, into the public's consciousness. Bitcoin and currently existing alts may or may not fail but they have already planted the idea that it's possible to have a financial system separate from the government. In that sense, they somehow succeeded.
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 08:22:05 AM

Warning for newbies:  The tellingly-named “ShortCoins” is spamming the forum with FUD.  That’s all he/she/it does; observe the timestamps, too:

2017-12-14 08:12:27
☃☃☃ The #1 Factor Driving Bitcoin Prices ☃☃☃ (“The Number #1 Factor Driving Bitcoin Prices Is: Greed” (red highlight in original))
2017-12-14 04:40:29
♻♻♻ Bitcoin Strategy: Pump and DUMP ♻♻♻
2017-12-14 03:34:22
☠☠☠ Is Crypto A Rip-O? ☠☠☠
2017-12-14 00:55:46
✨✨✨ FOMO: Fear Of Missing Out Is Driving Bitcoin Prices ✨✨✨
2017-12-14 00:24:28
☃☃☃ Is Bitcoin An Empty Promise? ☃☃☃
2017-12-13 01:13:43
☠☠☠ Will High Transaction Fees Be The Downfall Of Bitcoin? ☠☠☠
2017-12-13 00:29:56
✨✨✨ Minimum Investment Size For BTC ✨✨✨ (“I no longer see investments under 0.1BTC being that practical because of fees.”)
2017-12-13 00:00:31
☠☠☠ Andreas Antonopoulos, Bitcoin Messiah, is a Fraud ☠☠☠
2017-12-12 23:46:36
☃☃☃ The Most Important Question About Bitcoin ☃☃☃ (“Everyone is too focused on when to buy. Waiting for dips to enter into the market.  That is great, but the much more important question is:  When to sell bitcoin?” (boldface in original))
2017-12-12 03:12:26
⛔️⛔️⛔️ Using a Stop-Loss for BTC Investments ⛔️⛔️⛔️ (“What if bitcoin crashed 80% would you still hold on?”)
2017-12-12 01:09:21
✈✈✈ How High Will Bitcoin Fees Get? ✈✈✈ (“Bitcoin fees are skyrocketing!!!”)
2017-12-12 00:37:10
☘☘☘ Futures Will Increase The Volatility Of Bitcoin ☘☘☘
2017-12-12 00:22:19
✨✨✨ How expensive will the last bitcoins be to mine? ✨✨✨
2017-12-11 23:44:12
⚠⚠⚠ Bitcoin is like the lottery combined with religion ⚠⚠⚠
2017-12-11 23:28:01
☠☠☠ Is Politics A Threat To Bitcoin Success? ☠☠☠
2017-12-11 22:57:03
☃☃☃ The .01 Theory ☃☃☃ (“Most people own less than .01 BTC […] My theory is the fees will become so high that most people will just hold onto their BTC rather than sell.”)
2017-12-11 21:56:11
✨✨✨ Are we wasting resources to make digital currencies? ✨✨✨
2017-12-11 21:09:24
♨♨♨ Top 10 Reasons To Sell Bitcoin Now ♨♨♨ (“PLEASE DONT Spam the board with anything except reasons to SELL BITCOIN. There are other threads for that” (red colour in original))
2017-12-11 07:10:45
♨♨♨ Bitcoin Fees Are Outrageous ♨♨♨
2017-12-10 06:49:41
♨♨♨ Is Bitcoin A Giant Ponzi Scheme?♨♨♨
2017-12-10 04:23:20
⛔️⛔️⛔️ Is It Time To Cash Out The Profits? ⛔️⛔️⛔️
2017-12-10 03:55:22
♨♨♨ Bitcoin DOWN OVER 16% today!! ♨♨♨
2017-12-10 01:24:13
♨♨♨ Bitcoin DOWN OVER 15% today!! ♨♨♨
2017-12-10 00:29:54
♨♨♨ Bitcoin DOWN OVER 10% Today!! ♨♨♨
2017-12-09 23:16:17
⛔️⛔️⛔️ Is The Current Price Of Bitcoin Practical? ⛔️⛔️⛔️ (“I think a niche group (first 1% of population) who see the vision and the future of crypto have artificially driven this price up so high that it isn't likely the remaining population of the world will buy into it (at the current levels).”)
2017-12-09 21:34:26
✨✨✨ Time To SHORT For Massive Profits!! ✨✨✨

Account created: 2017-12-09 21:02:00

Caveat lector.

gustaf.berg

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:25:58 AM

Greed or not there's no doubt that the price has pushed bitcoins, and cryptocurrencies in general, into the public's consciousness. Bitcoin and currently existing alts may or may not fail but they have already planted the idea that it's possible to have a financial system separate from the government. In that sense, they somehow succeeded.

that is how any market work actually. greed and fear. when you look at the price graph you don't see prices but you see people's fear and greed. that is the essential if you want to understand why price rises or drops.
ShortCoins (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:26:32 AM

Bitcoin and currently existing alts may or may not fail but they have already planted the idea that it's possible to have a financial system separate from the government. In that sense, they somehow succeeded.

Well said. Maybe greed is a necessary component that will help spread awareness in the end. I think digital currency is here to stay.

And Bitcoin's creation of the block chain will be a lasting legacy.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16589

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 08:54:31 AM

People are investing in bitcoin, not because they believe in the future of the currency, but because they want to pad their pocketbook.
People invest in Bitcoin because they believe it's future value will be higher. This goes for all investments!
Nasdaq.com shows this graph for Amazon's P/E ratio:

This doesn't mean it's worth $237.14 to earn $1 per year, it means the investor expects future profit to be higher.

Warning for newbies:  The tellingly-named “ShortCoins” is spamming the forum with FUD.
His nickname says it all Cheesy
It's typical for people who missed the opportunity to buy Bitcoin when it was cheap. Feel free to short Bitcoin if you believe it'll drop soon, but it's a very good way to lose all your money if Bitcoin keeps going up.

Almost anybody has an agenda. I used to say whales love triggering stop losses, to get your coins cheaper. And I used to believe the long-term-trend will be up (which I still believe BTW), but I only recently realized whales also love people who HODL forever and never sell anything, because if they would sell, the price would be lower due to increased supply.

TL;DR of course fear and greed control market prices.

Raul Lopez

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 09:00:30 AM

You may be are right that Bitcoin some day can collapse, but the most important thing of Bitcoin isn't its value, its the fact that BTC has been built on Blockchain, a technology that will change many things in the world.

Bitcoin is just the beginning of new things, it is just the base and from that it has appeared the rest.

■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ Find the best price of any book. Book finder and recommendator ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ Libreris
teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:10:53 AM

Everyone really wants to be on the top of the food chain and right now nobody really does't want to be left behind by the hype of bitcoin, when a person would have an idea about bitcoin they will sure grab the opportunity to experience to become rich, And I really think the recent bullish trend was the key particular reason behind the so much demand bitcoin has now.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:15:51 AM

]Greed[/glow]

no the first factor is increasing adoption of this new technology which happens to be pretty useful for people because it is decentralized.

and the second factor is the people like you who miss out on the rise and then they start feeling left out. at some people they all come back running to bitcoin and buy it so the rise becomes bigger than it normally is. that is why it went to 19k anyways.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 09:20:58 AM

TL;DR of course fear and greed control market prices.

Greed (juxtaposed against fear of cheaters) also secures Bitcoin’s network; and it is that security, assured by the power of human greed, which gives Bitcoin its value.  It was a revelation when I realized the full implications of Satoshi’s genius on that particular point.  But it’s not a suitable topic for this thread.  I intend to write a post on it, one of these days.

Edit:  P.S., LoyceV, it’s funny you should mention Amazon.com.  Just yesterday, I was explaining to somebody that the Winklevoss brothers’ 2013 investment in Bitcoin was tantamount to investing in Amazon—in 1995.

Umar001

Activity: 308
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:26:07 AM

Factor that drive bitcoin price is demand, The demand of bitcoin so high, that make the price to sky rocket, many peoples are  now needed  bitcoin to buy one thing or the other without stress, it's also make transfer of currency more easier, so due that high demand, bitcoin price Will continues to 💹 rise.
pootutus

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:33:07 AM

The price of bitcoin has been caused by some special reasons. In the past few years, the major countries of the world have printed paper money in large quantities, causing the rapid depreciation of people's wealth. Effect of bitcoin from this reason, people finally find a good channel for investment, and later continuous into the bitcoin market, pushing the price continuously high bit coins, of course also has some practical value of bitcoin, it is to verify the consensus on the chain block. Get everybody's approval, this point has caused everyone to chase it more.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:34:13 AM

Greed

People want to get rich quickly and not work. They think that bitcoin profits will last forever. People are investing in bitcoin, not because they believe in the future of the currency, but because they want to pad their pocketbook. Big money in Asia markets are manipulating the price. And everyone is coming along for the ride in the pursuit of profits. Bitcoin technology has increased very minimally but the cost to buy bitcoin has gone up 5,000,000 times its initial cost. Everyone is hoping to sell their bitcoin to the next person in line for more and more money. Greed will drive the price up as high as possible, and greed will cause the crash as well. Crypto is a really neat concept, but turning it into an investment tool is making us more motivated by profits than actual beliefs. Not to mention Crypto is destroying billions of dollars worth of resources each day. Its really sad to watch humanity destroy the world in pursuit of profits

Warning for EVERYONE:  The troll named “nullius” is spamming the forum with FUD warnings. He is very annoying and stalks all my threads  

If you see that GREED is driving the price of bitcoin higher then that holds true for all other investments as well. Ask a basic question to yourself, why do we invest our money in to any asset? Let it be Stocks, bonds, mutual funds or any other commodities? The answer is simple, to earn money from the investment. GREED is not the actual representation of the psychology behind investment. It's incorrect.

Bitcoin's price is driving higher because of many factors. Like the price, the investment inflow and market cap of bitcoin has grown exponentially over the last two months. That is because of the increasing popularity around the world. With many companies adopting it for investment, the inflow has increased considerably. That's what driving it higher and not the greed.

worldofcoins

Activity: 1848
Merit: 418

Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 09:41:34 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2017, 10:15:32 AM by worldofcoins

Greed

Warning for EVERYONE:  The troll named “nullius” is spamming the forum with FUD warnings. He is very annoying and stalks all my threads  

Yes I had posted about this, it is very sad.  But greed is very real and it has always been part of human nature and through nature the strong will survive.  It is imprinted in our DNA.  There are people who want to be richer then other people, so this is what drives these people who are into Bitcoin to hoard and hold their bitcoins.  I really want Bitcoin to be about using as a payment but instead now it has a dollar sign all over it.  Also why are you spamming the threads?
oginiimaoyani

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 09:59:52 AM

I will like to say that the driving force here is the value attach to it, bitcoin has gone poplar round the globe leading to some companies getting involve with bitcoin by adopting it for investment which has made the demand go higher.

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
BTC                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
cryptoandmore

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:27:47 AM

Greed and FOMO (Fear to Missing out)...who wants to miss out the biggest free lunch in his life?

Bitcoin is the biggest capitalist craze in history, repeating all the capitalist history again in a few years compared to what took ages before. We can see capitalist's worst face (greed, cheating, manipulating, steeling, etc.) as EVERYBODY is only looking for his own best benefit! Back to Wild West!

It started with the noble idea to free us all from the "bankster mafia", but it created a capitalist monster much more extreme and worse than central banks, now controlled by a handful of powerful players (miner mafia) who set the rules at will for their best profit and interest. They can easily manipulate the markets, and the small guy will ultimately pay the price.

I don't like government regulations and central banks, but it seems they are more needed to protect the small guys than most of us thought. Hopefully some smart guy will come forward soon and create a Bitcoin 2.0 with smart contracts and other rules and regulations to level the playfield. 

dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:34:55 AM

In case you haven't noticed greed drives all of society, from major game publishers milking their users for DLC or online mode, to content providers like ESPN demanding more money for their service, to apps offering intrusive advertising.. the circulatory system we call the global economy revolves around greed. So what?  

It is amazing how cryptos have managed to mimic the global economy though. Even in coins that were supposedly fairly distributed, a relatively few people own a large chunk of the net worth.  In any case 500 billion dollars is still a drop in the bucket from a global economic perspective, however the easy money has clearly been made. I don't expect 20 trillion dollars in crypto currency. I don't even expect 10 trillion dollars. Instead of just being able to invest in anything and watch it go up, one will have to start to be more selective. I could be wrong, though. I was certainly wrong calling a top earlier in year.  

http://fortune.com/2015/10/14/1-percent-global-wealth-credit-suisse/

I left a lot of money on the table, but made a lot, too. I'm annoyed I didn't make enough to retire. I'm greedy. Wink  If the altcoins I own do well, I will have enough though. I have faith in the development team on a few of them especially.
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 10:46:16 AM

I’m going to call a presumptive sockpuppet here.  The one and only post on the account of “cryptoandmore”, registered less than a half-hour before—and pulling in a theme from one of ShortCoins’ earlier FUD spam threads:

Greed and FOMO (Fear to Missing out)...who wants to miss out the biggest free lunch in his life?

Bitcoin is the biggest capitalist craze in history, repeating all the capitalist history again in a few years compared to what took ages before. We can see capitalist's worst face (greed, cheating, manipulating, steeling, etc.) as EVERYBODY is only looking for his own best benefit! Back to Wild West!

It started with the noble idea to free us all from the "bankster mafia", but it created a capitalist monster much more extreme and worse than central banks, now controlled by a handful of powerful players (miner mafia) who set the rules at will for their best profit and interest. They can easily manipulate the markets, and the small guy will ultimately pay the price.

I don't like government regulations and central banks, but it seems they are more needed to protect the small guys than most of us thought. Hopefully some smart guy will come forward soon and create a Bitcoin 2.0 with smart contracts and other rules and regulations to level the playfield. 

Similar style, too.  (It’s rather formulaic, actually.)  ShortCoins, is that you?

cryptoandmore

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:05:07 AM

I’m going to call a presumptive sockpuppet here.  The one and only post on the account of “cryptoandmore”, registered less than a half-hour before—and pulling in a theme from one of ShortCoins’ earlier FUD spam threads:

Similar style, too.  (It’s rather formulaic, actually.)  ShortCoins, is that you?
It's not me...but will leave anyway as my latest postings just got deleted...seems all of you want to continue living in their "pink world" - go ahead and have fun :-)
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 11:10:32 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2017, 11:28:18 AM by nullius

“cryptoandmore” made a second post (second post ever for that account), which promptly disappeared.  It is here preserved in full, for the record:

I’m going to call a presumptive sockpuppet here.  The one and only post on the account of “cryptoandmore”, registered less than a half-hour before—and pulling in a theme from one of ShortCoins’ earlier FUD spam threads:

Similar style, too.  (It’s rather formulaic, actually.)  ShortCoins, is that you?

I think you are obsessed...or afraid of hard facts (you probably don't like) and a real discussion  Grin

I will take that as an admission that this is a ShortCoins sock.

So, let’s see:  FUD (possibly to manipulate prices in one’s own favour on a regulated exchange), spamming, and now sockpuppeting.  Is there anything else you wish to add to that, ShortCoins?

Edit:  Add screenshot:

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: