Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:54:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Baikal Giant-B  (Read 40585 times)
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:56:40 AM

Given all the issues people had with Giant X10 (delays, miners not working, communicating with the company sucks, and so on), I wonder why are you ordering Giant-B ones? I'm not trolling here, I'm trying to understand because I'm considering buying one but baikal's issues concern me.

Guys? @bitcoinexplorer ?

Thinking positive...
Wishful thinking you said?  Grin I'm still not convinced here, too many horror stories. If they were 1k I would risk it, but 4k... I'm open to be convinced with some er.. more convincing argument Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maleemk

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 03:46:07 AM

Given all the issues people had with Giant X10 (delays, miners not working, communicating with the company sucks, and so on), I wonder why are you ordering Giant-B ones? I'm not trolling here, I'm trying to understand because I'm considering buying one but baikal's issues concern me.

Guys? @bitcoinexplorer ?

Thinking positive...
Wishful thinking you said?  Grin I'm still not convinced here, too many horror stories. If they were 1k I would risk it, but 4k... I'm open to be convinced with some er.. more convincing argument Smiley
Then this cryptocurrency Business is not for you, these risks differentiate between boy and MAN.

░░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░
░░░░░░░░▀██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀█▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀
░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░

dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:34:16 AM

Guys? @bitcoinexplorer ?

Thinking positive...
Then this cryptocurrency Business is not for you, these risks differentiate between boy and MAN.
Oh, so big men just throw money away? I think being careful is specially valuable in this business full of crappy actors, so I take calculated risks. So far I haven't been scammed and the hardware I've bought is making money. Even Antminers that break often, warranty is a joke, etc. are averaging good profit for me (counting broken boards and all). I'm asking other people about their experiences with baikal because so far I haven't heard good things about them, just collecting information to understand the risk.
bitcoinexplorer

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:17:29 AM

This is what i have done trying to purchase Giant B

1. Contacted Baikal:

They say sorry we take only 6 units order.

2. Contacted bittawm who is selling for $4400

First they offered credit card payment method along with crypto, later on when i requested to make payment in multiple transaction due to my bank daily limit, they said they have removed credit card option and now only crypto is the payment option.

3. Contacted Blockhunter who is selling between $3800 to $4000

Asked them few information, apparently they accept bank wire.

As of now Blockhunter looks the best option because sending payment to bittawm is complicated.

I will keep you posted with whom i crack the deal.

Thanks.
loophole77

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:38:04 PM

Received this from Baikal yesterday.

"Thank you for your contacting.  I am sorry the Giant-B is currently out of stock. Any updates on stock we will let you know by making announcement on facebook/twitter. You can also pay some attention on our website."
kodokbuduk

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:34:51 PM

"Thank you for your contacting.  I am sorry the Giant-B is currently out of stock. Any updates on stock we will let you know by making announcement on facebook/twitter. You can also pay some attention on our website."

out of stock already Huh and last official announcement from them were “oncoming”??  so did they start selling secretly?
tomwrx

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 08:16:18 AM

out of stock already Huh and last official announcement from them were “oncoming”??  so did they start selling secretly?

well it looks like this. They could not care even to update their webiste  Grin

ALQO - A Decentralized, All-in-One Financial And Cloud Services Ecosystem.

https://alqo.app/
Docta

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:05:36 AM

When D3 batch was released around early Aug 2017, Dash coin price was around USD190.
4 months after that Dash coin price went up 5x to around USD1,000 due to spike in difficulty level.

LBRY coin's price has been going up steadily from around USD0.25 to almost USD0.53 now(18th Dec).
Does it mean after say Feb'18, LBRY prices will go up as well to make USD2? As 40 GH per asic unit is going to shoot through the roof and make GPU mining almost impossible to make a decent profit.

Should we start buying more LBRY coin to keep?

i believe this might be the most interesting and useful post in this entire thread....  is this an established trend?  that with increasing difficulties, comes increasing coin values???

it certainly seems to pass the basic correlation test (using my memory--which is notoriously inaccurate--as a gauge)
Docta

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:18:54 AM

so for those of us who are in this thread legitimately considering (hoping/wishing) for this miner to be real and to be able to actually get one in time for them to still be profitable, yet we remain pessimistic of the possibilities of actually getting into one of these while these coins are still profitable:

What coins should I be investing in instead of making the buy?

LBRY, PASCAL, & DECRED?  any others? 

is there a consensus that the value on these coins will rise when the hashrate and thus difficulty goes through the roof with the release of these miners??
bitcoinexplorer

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:26:57 AM

so for those of us who are in this thread legitimately considering (hoping/wishing) for this miner to be real and to be able to actually get one in time for them to still be profitable, yet we remain pessimistic of the possibilities of actually getting into one of these while these coins are still profitable:

What coins should I be investing in instead of making the buy?

LBRY, PASCAL, & DECRED?  any others? 

is there a consensus that the value on these coins will rise when the hashrate and thus difficulty goes through the roof with the release of these miners??
History says so, why not get both miner and coins ?  Wink
Docta

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:06:34 AM

well, because as much as ive honestly LOVED mining, i realize now that if i had just spent  that money on coins and held them then i would have made similar profits...actually in some cases i think hodling would have been a better investment (looking back).

but i get what you’re saying. once you get a taste of some good mining rig(s). ie getting in the first shipment of  bitmain L3’s...once you’ve experienced that, it’s very difficult to resist chasing the newest, fastest asics.

are you going to buy one of these from one of the 2 second-hand retailers you’ve mentioned?
bitcoinexplorer

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 07:13:34 AM

well, because as much as ive honestly LOVED mining, i realize now that if i had just spent  that money on coins and held them then i would have made similar profits...actually in some cases i think hodling would have been a better investment (looking back).

but i get what you’re saying. once you get a taste of some good mining rig(s). ie getting in the first shipment of  bitmain L3’s...once you’ve experienced that, it’s very difficult to resist chasing the newest, fastest asics.

are you going to buy one of these from one of the 2 second-hand retailers you’ve mentioned?

yes i placed order with Blockhunter (ITOP) he promised to ship in end of January
Docta

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:28:04 PM

do you have an email or website for him?

you trust him i presume
AntMinerS33

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:47:55 PM

Hi, i want to inform you that on https://www.antminersee.com/ we have ready for presale 15 Baikal Giant-B.
Check it out.

5% off coupon: BTBGB34
dsldsl

Activity: 26

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:38:34 AM

Hi, i want to inform you that on https://www.antminersee.com/ we have ready for presale 15 Baikal Giant-B.
Check it out.

5% off coupon: BTBGB34

A brand new company with a partial address in Shaftesbury Avenue, come on do they even know the area before using this address? 90% the address is fake or at most it is the accountant's address. Be warned!
maleemk

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:31:23 AM

1. Contacted Baikal:

First they offered credit card payment method along with crypto, later on when i requested to make payment in multiple transaction due to my bank daily limit, they said they have removed credit card option and now only crypto is the payment option.

As of now Blockhunter looks the best option because sending payment to bittawm is complicated.

Thanks.
I havent bought from Blockhunter, but i frequently bought from Bittawn. I have paid for my 30 X10 miner in BTC to him. and I have bought big numbers of miners fromk him. He is legitimate as it can get.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀
░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░

maleemk

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:40:04 AM

Guys? @bitcoinexplorer ?

Thinking positive...
Oh, so big men just throw money away? I think being careful is specially valuable in this business full of crappy actors, so I take calculated risks. So far I haven't been scammed and the hardware I've bought is making money. Even Antminers that break often, warranty is a joke, etc. are averaging good profit for me (counting broken boards and all). I'm asking other people about their experiences with baikal because so far I haven't heard good things about them, just collecting information to understand the risk.
I dont know what are you talking about, I still have my Baikal 150 Mh mining for me without any issue. I have 14 X2000 right now mining for me without any issue, I have 52 X10s on order and I have 12 GaintB locked in by Baikal. Out of almost 100 different types of Baikal Miners I had issue with only 1 miners which was resolved properly by Baikal Support. Look around BCT threads Baikal Produce most Durable Miners in the Cryptomining Industry Period.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀
░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░

maleemk

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:42:36 AM

And I got to this stage by only mining with Baikal Miners. Lowest power consumption,lowest noise,most durable and most profitable.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀
░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░

bitcoinexplorer

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:23:37 AM

1. Contacted Baikal:

Thanks.
I havent bought from Blockhunter, but i frequently bought from Bittawn. I have paid for my 30 X10 miner in BTC to him. and I have bought big numbers of miners fromk him. He is legitimate as it can get.

Both are old members of this forum, i went through my order with blockhunter and did so because i think he is legit. Just in 3 to 4 weeks when i get my Giant B from him i will show you guys  Cool
bitcoinexplorer

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:37:57 AM

And I got to this stage by only mining with Baikal Miners. Lowest power consumption,lowest noise,most durable and most profitable.
Agree, but with X10, i hope to see it stable and durable. Hoping for best and confident baikal will resolve issue that is why ordered Giant B as well.
But i wish Baikal improve their support and do come up with a solution for a problem which almost everyone is facing for X10.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: