Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: eMunie  (Read 6563 times)
JohnyBigs

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 06:24:43 AM

Oh please. Roll Eyes Besides, I don't know why you're responding to my post as it had nothing to do with the sourceness of emunie, just the fact that fuserleer is probably full of shit. I don't believe emunie has a proper system for preventing double spending, and I believe it is totally unscalable if any of the silly ideas that ecoinomist talks about are implemented. But I can't really be sure since no one who actually knows stuff wants to discuss anything. This does not, believe it or not, require releasing the source code.

I'm sure fuserleer is more than capable as he was behind NFC you know that little thing used in every almost every cell-phone, and even if he doesn't get it right, he's the only one that has the capabilities to even try, but I'm sure he has got it right. No offense, but you seem like your butt hurt that he actually created what you have been writing about.

Here is a direct link: http://forum.emunie.com/ if you truly care about learning about it, instead of calling someone who's created new technologies full of shit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Etlase2

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 06:35:48 AM

Unlike you, I am not so easily impressed by infographics and false explanations. Neither will anyone else be who understands the dynamics behind a p2p distributed shared file. The time to discuss what actually will make emunie tick is now, so people can find vulnerabilities in the logic, not a year down the road when the source code is finally released.

I did say probably full of shit because fuserleer has not once satisfactorily answered a technical question. I have been told to "check the forum" several times--where there is nothing more than the same lack of real info, and again by another mouth breather, but I have started two topics (unanswered) already, and will continue to post more depending on whether or not fuserleer actually wants to gain some credibility.

http://forum.emunie.com/threads/how-do-hatchers-choose-transactions.194/
http://forum.emunie.com/threads/so-whats-a-mediator.193/

digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 12:44:33 PM

But what if i dont want to fork it?  Can't i just make a change to the current code without forking it? Is there a procedure i have to follow to do this?

yes you can do all of this - There is a move for people to be able to skin clients - add features etc - I'm not following the question i think ?

if you want to somehow change the fundamentals i.e Structure , you would have to fork the BC , this could happen.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:30:23 PM

Unlike you, I am not so easily impressed by infographics and false explanations. Neither will anyone else be who understands the dynamics behind a p2p distributed shared file. The time to discuss what actually will make emunie tick is now, so people can find vulnerabilities in the logic, not a year down the road when the source code is finally released.

I did say probably full of shit because fuserleer has not once satisfactorily answered a technical question. I have been told to "check the forum" several times--where there is nothing more than the same lack of real info, and again by another mouth breather, but I have started two topics (unanswered) already, and will continue to post more depending on whether or not fuserleer actually wants to gain some credibility.

http://forum.emunie.com/threads/how-do-hatchers-choose-transactions.194/
http://forum.emunie.com/threads/so-whats-a-mediator.193/
These are valid points and questions will be answered however Dan's time and energy right now is focused on getting eMunie together.  His plan is to have the whitepaper finished before eMunie is released. Could eMunie be vaporware?  Sure it could but so far Dan has delivered on everything he has said he was going to do. As eMunie is still going through some changes, the answers you got now might not be accurate and Dan isn't out to fool anyone.
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:42:03 PM

Paypal =:
1 - not decentralised
emunie isn't either

4 - requires a credit card
6 - requires a bank
emunie requires to trust liars such as you.

7 - not secure (relies too much on email)
as far as we can know, emunie isn't secure either (relies too much on... WHO KNOWS? it's closed source).

now go back to the sanitarium, please...

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
PerfectAgent

Activity: 252

Still the Best 1973

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 03:20:33 PM

Wait, does this have blacklisting?

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle
BTC Address: 14qkEkmoWQbgF4EMB6F5m8p3LU1D8UK32D ||||||||||| NMC Address: N8xv7xXnLnRgSvQCRK9vwndsH2HBAifs3C
JohnyBigs

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 05:02:13 PM

This is great i can mine this coin while all the closed source trolls troll it up for a year
eCoinomist

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 05:06:52 PM

... just the fact that fuserleer is probably full of shit. I don't believe emunie has a proper system for preventing double spending, and I believe it is totally unscalable if any of the silly ideas that ecoinomist talks about are implemented. But I can't really be sure since no one who actually knows stuff wants to discuss anything. This does not, believe it or not, require releasing the source code.

At least I and Fuserleer have one thing in common you don't - our ideas turn into reality (maybe not 100% of them, but half of my ideas are already in the current system, you guys just don't know it Smiley ).

Good luck with your Decrits ideas, see if they ever lifts off the keyboard strokes beyond the computer screens of this crypto community Wink

Dan does not need to waste his time "actually coding" explaining things to people like you, unfortunately... Sad

eCoinomist

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 05:12:42 PM

Paypal =:
1 - not decentralised
emunie isn't either

4 - requires a credit card
6 - requires a bank
emunie requires to trust liars such as you.

7 - not secure (relies too much on email)
as far as we can know, emunie isn't secure either (relies too much on... WHO KNOWS? it's closed source).

now go back to the sanitarium, please...

Lohoris, I thought you already said not to talk to me until next year?

Meanwhile, if you have nothing else to do, I suggest you go get your Lohores or toy yourself, please Wink

Etlase2

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 05:15:12 PM

Dan needs to learn how "ooh forks are fine" does not do anything to solve the double spending problem. You need to learn how to get a clue besides knob slobbing. You don't even understand the basic concepts behind MAC addresses or how a distributed network works, so anything you say is completely and absolutely ignorable.

Dan does need to waste his time talking to people like me who can actually provide attacks, vulnerabilities, and feedback. Dan is not some infallible god as evidenced by the fact that he has completely changed how emunie works like 4 times now because of vulnerabilities that he did not consider.

What Dan does not need is sycophants. You are useless and in fact detrimental.

eCoinomist

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 05:22:17 PM

...so anything you say is completely and absolutely ignorable.

Uhm... you don't seem to ignore me at all, even calling me detrimental, that's a little strange!

eCoinomist

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 07:17:39 PM

Dan does need to waste his time talking to people like me who can actually provide attacks, vulnerabilities, and feedback. Dan is not some infallible god...

ROFL  Grin Cheesy Roll Eyes

mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:29:20 PM

The entire emunie forum is full of people kissing ass hoping to get crowned 'founder' status by Dan so they get given some of the pre-mined coins.
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 07:51:54 PM

The entire emunie forum is full of people kissing ass hoping to get crowned 'founder' status by Dan so they get given some of the pre-mined coins.

Actually, the founders have pretty much been established... they were pretty lucky recruiting such a fine group of reliable people for beta testing.

Course, if you are referring to people actually liking the dev, well then shame on us for being humans capable of emotions.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
Etlase2

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:02:22 PM

Course, if you are referring to people actually liking the dev, well then shame on us for being humans capable of emotions.

The problem is when emotions get in the way of common sense. This silliness that the dev can do no wrong is very reminiscent of SolidCoin during its initial (closed source, totally controlled) phases. Although most of you folks were probably not around for that. And guess what, SolidCoin still has about the same 10 users it had 2 years ago.

Fuserleer has had mistakes and misconceptions on some very basic concepts and has revised what emunie "does" as a result. I am not faulting him for that, but to pretend that this project can be released successfully without any analysis even on the basic ideas or letting people know how it works is asinine. Because right now there is no explanation for how anything works. This needs to be corrected toute de suite. Otherwise it just looks like another attempt to sucker in some people to the benefit of the early adoption pump n dump.

Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:07:31 PM

Lohoris, I thought you already said not to talk to me until next year?
Uh?
I told you to go away and come back in a year...

Meanwhile, if you have nothing else to do, I suggest you go get your Lohores or toy yourself, please Wink
So now for lack of arguments, your strategy is now childish insults?
How lol?
Srsly?

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:08:23 PM

Actually, the founders have pretty much been established... they were pretty lucky recruiting such a fine group of reliable people for beta testing.

According to the public forum the founders have yet to be decided. I stopped reading there regularly weeks ago after I got tired of Ecoinomist's thinly veiled 'I am a founder in the making and only those who make amazing contributions like me maybe deemed worthy of becoming one' posts on a daily basis. Well done Ecoinomist with what in my opinion looks like a shitty Internet Explorer logo ripoff.

I'm sure I could become a founder myself if I beta tested more and kissed ass in the chatbox every night but some negative experiences there have put me off the community and I am pursuing my own projects now.
billotronic
Legendary

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:15:12 PM

The problem is when emotions get in the way of common sense. This silliness that the dev can do no wrong is very reminiscent of SolidCoin during its initial (closed source, totally controlled) phases. Although most of you folks were probably not around for that. And guess what, SolidCoin still has about the same 10 users it had 2 years ago.

Fuserleer has had mistakes and misconceptions on some very basic concepts and has revised what emunie "does" as a result. I am not faulting him for that, but to pretend that this project can be released successfully without any analysis even on the basic ideas or letting people know how it works is asinine. Because right now there is no explanation for how anything works. This needs to be corrected toute de suite. Otherwise it just looks like another attempt to sucker in some people to the benefit of the early adoption pump n dump.

I smell what you are stepping in and I am not knowledgeable enough to provide you the answers you are looking for.

An opinion though would be that as our testing has progressed, the mechanics behind the scenes has progressed also. It might be hard to give out minute details about a function if that function is re-written a week later or three times a day till its right etc etc. Then again, I am no coder, just a tester. All I can vouch for with certainty is the progression of the client we are testing and its features set.

billotronic
Legendary

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:18:00 PM

According to the public forum the founders have yet to be decided. I stopped reading there regularly weeks ago after I got tired of Ecoinomist's thinly veiled 'I am a founder in the making and only those who make amazing contributions like me maybe deemed worthy of becoming one' posts on a daily basis. Well done Ecoinomist with what in my opinion looks like a shitty Internet Explorer logo ripoff.

I'm sure I could become a founder myself if I beta tested more and kissed ass in the chatbox every night but some negative experiences there have put me off the community and I am pursuing my own projects now.

Well the big issue with the founders is that a lot of people have the tag but do not participate. Discussions about that (both on the forum and troll box) were mainly about how to weed out those who didn't help the project and to reward newer members who are busting their asses trying to help.

Please, pm me (here or there). I am curious on what your negative experiences were.

JohnyBigs

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:25:59 PM

Actually, I was invited to beta signed for the forum, and instantly made a founder with zero ass kissing or beta testing, as were most of the first people who accepted and signed up. If having a founders badge is the most important thing to some people than all hope is lost haha.

Yes compare the SolidCoin dev, to a dev who was created a technology like NFC, again it seems all of you guys seem butthurt that fuserleer is actually getting shit done while you circle jerk each other off. Ohh there is not enough info about this and that, wait for the white paper to come out, but I'm pretty sure there won't be enough info then too. When it's open source, I'm sure you'll all complain about something else also haha.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: