Print  
Author Topic: eMunie  (Read 6561 times)
Etlase2

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:46:42 PM

Yes compare the SolidCoin dev, to a dev who was created a technology like NFC,

Created NFC? Not according to the horse's mouth. But subtleties tend to be lost on mouth breathers. And when video games and near field communication apps are in the same universe as a distributed currency network, let me know.

again it seems all of you guys seem butthurt that fuserleer is actually getting shit done while you circle jerk each other off.

Oh look, ad hominems in lieu of any whit of valuable discussion. Such progress.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eCoinomist

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 09:55:57 PM

The problem is when emotions get in the way of common sense. This silliness that the dev can do no wrong is very reminiscent of SolidCoin during its initial...

I'm not sure about other members in eMunie forum (which you like to call "ass kissing" people), but I sure was the first one to question the legitimacy of eMunie system.
http://forum.emunie.com/threads/emunie-hoarding.11/

And surely I did not have to kiss anyone's ass to get a founder status, I simply signed up and got it within a day without asking. If you believe it's all about kissing asses, then keep thinking so, I don't care what you think of me Wink

According to the public forum the founders have yet to be decided. I stopped reading there regularly weeks ago after I got tired of Ecoinomist's thinly veiled 'I am a founder in the making and only those who make amazing contributions like me maybe deemed worthy of becoming one' posts on a daily basis. Well done Ecoinomist with what in my opinion looks like a shitty Internet Explorer logo ripoff.

I hear you want free lunch, good on you, go get some XPM with my guide, why bother with EMU? No one makes you!
PS. I stopped making posts for a week now because of work, don't quite get where your "daily basis" is coming from.
As for the logo, I'd love to see your face when the special "e" dollar sign gets made in keyboards 20 years from now. (there are already keyboards with "e" browser symbol)

I'm sure I could become a founder myself if I beta tested more and kissed ass in the chatbox every night but some negative experiences there have put me off the community and I am pursuing my own projects now.
You mention negative experiences, but fail to mention specifically what is negative, so until you clarify that I shall assume it's just another trolling attempt.

mechs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:59:35 PM

The problem is when emotions get in the way of common sense. This silliness that the dev can do no wrong is very reminiscent of SolidCoin during its initial...

I'm not sure about other members in eMunie forum (which you like to call "ass kissing" people), but I sure was the first one to question the legitimacy of eMunie system.

And surely I did not have to kiss anyone's ass to get a founder status, I simply signed up and got it within a day without asking. If you believe it's all about kissing asses, then keep thinking so, I don't care what you think of me Wink

According to the public forum the founders have yet to be decided. I stopped reading there regularly weeks ago after I got tired of Ecoinomist's thinly veiled 'I am a founder in the making and only those who make amazing contributions like me maybe deemed worthy of becoming one' posts on a daily basis. Well done Ecoinomist with what in my opinion looks like a shitty Internet Explorer logo ripoff.

I hear you want free lunch, good on you, go get some XPM with my guide, why bother with EMU? No one makes you!
PS. I stopped making posts for a week now because of work, don't quite get where your "daily basis" is coming from.

I'm sure I could become a founder myself if I beta tested more and kissed ass in the chatbox every night but some negative experiences there have put me off the community and I am pursuing my own projects now.
You mention negative experiences, but fail to mention specifically what is negative, so until you clarify that I shall assume it's just another trolling attempt.
You guys really should just stop posting here.  You come off as a bunch of jackasses and if this is the PR you are doing for this eMunie project, it would be better served with your silence. 
eCoinomist

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 10:05:05 PM

@mechs, don't worry, I'm sure some people are just having fun here!

No serious investors would be lurking around this forum.

But I agree about your point. I tried to talk sense to these people, but it did not work, so let's just have fun with them lol.

Etlase2

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 10:16:04 PM

The posts that say "etlase2" next to them are the ones that I write, not any others. I used the word sycophant.

Questioning the legitimacy of a poorly designed monetary system is secondary to scalability and security issues. Hell, it's tertiary. Mistakes like these:

"As [interest is] also capped at 1EMU [per account],"

Are not critical vulnerabilities, but they suggest a lack of true game theory design development. Not a good sign combined with the fact that we don't even have any details on how basic transactions work.

AgentME

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 10:18:04 PM

But I agree about your point. I tried to talk sense to these people, but it did not work, so let's just have fun with them lol.

You had serious criticisms raised here, so you're just going to claim everyone here isn't serious? What?
eCoinomist

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 10:21:37 PM

@Etlase2, not sure what you're trying to pick up on, but I shall remind you that eMunie is an "agile" development project, it's not Bitcoin and will never be.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agile_software_development

Etlase2

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 10:26:22 PM

@Etlase2, not sure what you're trying to pick up on,

Imagine that.

but I shall remind you that eMunie is an "agile" development project, it's not Bitcoin and will never be.

Agile of course being another word for centralized. It is not an excuse for flawed designs, nor is it really a solution.

eCoinomist

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 10:27:08 PM

You had serious criticisms raised here, so you're just going to claim everyone here isn't serious? What?
People serious enough about eMunie project post questions and concerns on forum.emunie.com, not in this particular thread, which by the title and description of OP :

Who's excited for this new virtual crypto?

seems to suggest it's all about your feeling and emotions Wink

AgentME

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 10:28:39 PM

@Etlase2, not sure what you're trying to pick up on, but I shall remind you that eMunie is an "agile" development project, it's not Bitcoin and will never be.

How does that preclude descriptions of how anything works?
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 11:25:14 PM

Any date when Emunie will be released?
broken_pixel

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 11:36:23 PM

Can I see the source code? Oh wait, its not open source.

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
ohiwastedmylif

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 11:47:05 PM

Can I see the source code? Oh wait, its not open source.

MΣC | MAvSLa1ZYpk3AsDeqj9njfVkaunJRDu2VZ
http://www.megacoin.co.nz/
CoinEntropy (OP)

Activity: 126

Metacoin Enthusiast

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 03:00:37 AM

http://forum.emunie.com/ - check out this for release dates, updates, discussions, etc.

Hey.
mechs

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 03:05:08 AM

Why did you guys pick the Internet Explorer icon as symbol of the currency?  It is basically synonymous with closed source, poorly run, bloat-ware.  Oh, wait, now I get it.
CoinEntropy (OP)

Activity: 126

Metacoin Enthusiast

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 03:09:18 AM

Why did you guys pick the Internet Explorer icon as symbol of the currency?  It is basically synonymous with closed source, poorly run, bloat-ware.  Oh, wait, now I get it.

Continuation of the previous line of wit, try to be original next time  Roll Eyes

Hey.
smscotten

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 09:56:03 AM

There are thousands of developers creating open source software with Agile methodology.

But the bottom line here is trust. I hope you get that.

Phil Zimmerman's PGP made such a big splash not because it was such strong encryption—public key encryption had been around for over a decade—but because the cryptographic strength did not lie in obscurity, it was in the math. So it was released to the world source code and all and could not be taken back. It created a life of its own because it could be trusted. It could be reviewed by anyone to ensure that there were (are) no government (or other) back-doors. People knew it could be counted on because even if they didn't know the math or know how to read source code, they could find someone of their own choosing to look it over and make sure it was safe. The strength is in the transparency. Every detail of how it works has to be open to scrutiny because that's the only way you know that it works.

I'm not an open source zealot. I use a closed-source word processor, closed-source graphics software, a closed-source database manager, play closed-source games. Heck, I might even use a closed-source Bit(or other)coin wallet if I had reason to trust the developer. But not if I didn't know that the system worked exactly the same way on open-source versions. The backbone of the monetary system is like a privacy system. There is only one way to be trusted, and that is transparency.

Please read https://www.philzimmermann.com/EN/faq/index.html

Government controls money because it is too important to be left in the hands of private interests. Bitcoin's existence is a declaration that money is too important to be left in the hands of government, and that money needs to exist as a transparent ecosystem. That bell can't be unrung. A closed-source cryptocoin, even with a promise that someday it will be opensourced, is not one but two steps backward to privately-issued money.

The assumption really has to be that if we can't see the source, that you will be placing all sorts of devious software into the code, which you will let run for a year before removing and releasing the new version without all the nastiness. Even if I believe you when you say you won't do that, I have to assume that you will. You trust your mother, but you still cut the deck when you play cards with her. Trust, but verify.

An open source monetary system gives us liberty. A closed source monetary system at best gives us license.

You will do whatever you will do, but I hope that you will take the time to consider the opportunity for advancement that you are planning to squander and dispose of.

digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 10:14:44 AM

I'm not an open source zealot.

When it comes to Cryptocurrency I am.

Government controls money because it is too important to be left in the hands of private interests. Bitcoin's existence is a declaration that money is too important to be left in the hands of government, and that money needs to exist as a transparent ecosystem. That bell can't be unrung. A closed-source cryptocoin, even with a promise that someday it will be opensourced, is not one but two steps backward to privately-issued money.

oops - Government doesn't control Money the, for example USD is far out of the control of US Government - as is most Fiat of other nations , most money is issued by a signature of a person or entity that wishes to go into debt , in this way Banking Corporations ( mostly "Commercial" ) issue most of a nations "money" the Government can't control these in any way , there is ample evidence to suggest this , at best Government can limp along with its own eventual system destruction.

The assumption really has to be that if we can't see the source, that you will be placing all sorts of devious software into the code, which you will let run for a year before removing and releasing the new version without all the nastiness. Even if I believe you when you say you won't do that, I have to assume that you will. You trust your mother, but you still cut the deck when you play cards with her. Trust, but verify.

An open source monetary system gives us liberty. A closed source monetary system at best gives us license.

You will do whatever you will do, but I hope that you will take the time to consider the opportunity for advancement that you are planning to squander and dispose of.

I like this statement

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
jarhed

Activity: 672
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:21:36 PM

TL:DR
Closed source

/thread
eCoinomist

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 11:11:08 PM

Ok, so I hear many of you screaming the two reasons for eMunie's failure:

1) closed source for 12 months in order to stress-test the system and avoid silly things like forced Bitcoin-qt update
2) logo resembling IE? with professional looking "" $ sign that for some reason looks more innovative than the rest of the bunch

So if eMunie fails it's either because of Dan or because of me or because of the eMunie community, fair enough! Smiley
We get it.
Anything else?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: