Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:07:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 [520] 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] profit switching auto-exchanging pool - www.middlecoin.com  (Read 829868 times)
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:34:32 AM

good observation.. in addition to that i also notice shift in altcoin devs adopting/developing algos that are getting better at resisting ASICs... don't forget scrypt was developed to be "ASIC resistant".. Smiley
in that case vertcoin seems to be doing better job... also with gridseed and other better scrypt asics you can kiss litecoin and all other scrypts goodbye coz once asics take over scrypt you just end up with "duplicate sha256" and it loses its purpose all together as "asic-resistant, decentralized" coin... my bet is we're entering a new era of AI algos that are going to be intelligent and adapt to become even more ASIC resistant.. which is why i think gpu mining is going to be around for as long as decentralized mining is encouraged which is what makes cryptocurrencies attractive... also which blockchain is more secure? powered by centralized mining that can be taken offline with swat team or decentralized that'll be present in almost every corner of the world as long as there's internet...

>predicting future trends in the altcoin world

No problem, altcoins are becoming more and more wortless.

I've been tracking the relative size of the BTC market cap to the market cap of all others at http://coinmarketcap.com/ for the past 6 weeks or so. In general the relative sizes have been stable (9-10% of total mineable market cap is non-bitcoin), but recently that jumped as high as 14% due to Auroracoin's supernova. That is subsiding but it remains the case that altcoins, by this measure, are growing - not shrinking. At least until Auroracoin declines to trivia.

In general I expect a few altcoins to emerge as winners with a superior feature set. They will then grow and ultimately supplant Bitcoin. In time you'll look at someone using bitcoin the same way you'd look at someone using Windows XP today. But that's probably a ways off, I admit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AbiTxGroup

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:48:21 AM

I have been mining middlecoin for a long time now and I went out to dinner and when I came back my miners had switched to my backup pool.  For some reason I cannot get to stratum+tcp://middlecoin.com:3333 atm, so the pool is showing dead.

I see at the stats at middlecoin.com that others are still mining, but for some reason my miners cant.  Anyone else having a problem connecting?

In case it matters, I use OpenDNS for my dns settings.
Gamer67

Activity: 294

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:10:35 AM

showing dead for me too

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
saldor

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:27:16 AM

dead for me too
AbiTxGroup

Activity: 447

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:50:30 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 03:04:50 AM by AbiTxGroup

"uswest." and "useast." servers are up for me now.    Smiley

Just for redundancy, here is the usage info:
Usage:

cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://middlecoin.com:3333 -u <your bitcoin address> -p x

middlecoin.com will point you to the closest server to you, but it's not always perfect. If you want to connect to a specific server or set backup pools, here is a list of the servers:

uswest.middlecoin.com (Oregon)
useast.middlecoin.com (N. Virginia)
eu.middlecoin.com (Ireland)
amsterdam.middlecoin.com
asia.middlecoin.com (Singapore)

Using the stratum+tcp://middlecoin.com:3333 will connect you to the closest server, but if that server fails, it will not automatically change to a working server.

So, I changed my startup to use uswest as the first pool, then useast as the second pool, and then another multicoinpool for the third pool.  Hopefully that will cover me now.

BTW, I am in the middle of the US. My username gives away my location, think airport designations.
trc

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 05:35:51 AM

@accordus

Try to upload it on google drive or similar. Not downloading a random excel file. No offence.

However, it's not that simple to compare!

Those reports only show the accepted shares and disregard rejected shares. For example, you direct your rig to clever and got 0.01BTC/MHs/day with a reject % of 10 and got the same 0.01BTC/MHs/day with a reject % of 2 from another pool. The difference of 8% isn't reflected on the BTC/MHs/day calculations. On which one do you think you actually made more?

There's also worker unit efficiency. On one server you get 80% efficiency, on the other you get 95%. Many factors affect actual income and the reported hash power by the pools aren't your actual, pure hash power.

So you can be earning more on a pool with lower BTC/MHs/day if those other factors are in your favor and the reported hash rate is closer to what you have.

Here you go Gdrive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx4B_4ZqlMVBY3lVNXBpT3dWbTg/edit?usp=sharing
It is still the same random Excel file though. No offense.

Anyway, I used Poolpicker data, which I have no idea how reject and hash rates are calculated.
So you may be true or wrong on it.

Sigh... Same file, opened by Google. Not my PC.

"So you may be true or wrong on it." You don't say! What a debate that was. Argument clinic...

>> nope
Accordus

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:37:10 AM

"So you may be true or wrong on it." You don't say! What a debate that was. Argument clinic...
[/quote]

Uhhh, I am lucky at least to open 12A, not 12 the "This is Abuse"... Smiley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y
Lovok

Activity: 78

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:07:01 AM

Anyway, I used Poolpicker data, which I have no idea how reject and hash rates are calculated.
So you may be true or wrong on it.

poolpicker says they use btc/MhSec numbers directly from the pools except for MC which doesn't publish them. For MC he uses

(payout_today - payout_yesterday) / (accepted + rejected) at payout time.

On of the problems with his data is that you don't know for sure what the other pools are doing. Maybe they are trying to make themselves look better by fudging a little?? There's a good chance they all aren't doing exactly the same thing though so...

End of the day though, it's the best numbers we have.

EDIT: http://markable.in/file/f04df8f8-a054-11e3-a1ac-984be164924a/

(payout_today - payout_yesterday) / (accepted + rejected) at payout time

problem is that result from this formula makes big fluctuation due to unexchanged coins and is not giving true data (in days when unexchanged increasing, performance seems as worse, in days when unexchanged decreasing, performance seems better). Ideal should be

(payout_today + unexchanged_today + immature_today - exchanged_left_after_yesterday - unexchanged_left_after_yesterday - immature_left_after_yesterday) / (accepted + rejected) at payout time

simply counting only 'red line' is inaccurate. Graph on middlecoin is misleading, but alternative statistics sites are doing the same with data (showing red line separately), I don't know about any site showing cumulated exchanged + unexchanged + immature together for given day (with subtracted what left from yesterday) and counting daily BTC/MHs from this data.

Dishes

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:00:16 PM

^ That is why you need to look at 21 day avg. not the day to day. It accounts for all the fluctuations in the end.

EDIT: looks like there is now 28 day avg on poolpicker. Even better.
MiMiMiner

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:27:24 PM

O my! Are there still people mining here?!
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8906

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 02:51:36 PM

No people that I can see, it's just bots on autopilot  Smiley
Dishes

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:49:35 PM

Apearantly yes. Defies logic.
chadtn

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:35:11 PM

I've been load balancing about 20 megahashes across Middlecoin, Clevermining, and Wafflepool for seventeen days now.  I just added up everything that has been sent to my wallet as of right now.  Even though Middlecoin hasn't paid out today it is still number one on payouts for me.  Number two for me is Clevermining and number three for me is Wafflepool.  Expressed as a percentage, this is what I have been paid as of right now:

Middlecoin 100%  Clevermining 86.3%  Wafflepool 84.2%

If I completely ignore the first day's payouts to try and rule out unexchanged then Middlecoin is still number one for me, followed by Clevermining and Wafflepool.

Middlecoin 100%  Clevermining 90.4%  Wafflepool 85.0%

If I go backwards from right now and only count what has been sent to me the last fourteen days then Middlecoin is still number one for me, followed by Wafflepool and Clevermining.

Middlecoin 100%  Wafflepool 92.8%  Clevermining 93.0%

Chad

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
coinGeek

Activity: 221

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:11:14 PM

I've been load balancing about 20 megahashes across Middlecoin, Clevermining, and Wafflepool for seventeen days now.  I just added up everything that has been sent to my wallet as of right now.  Even though Middlecoin hasn't paid out today it is still number one on payouts for me.  Number two for me is Clevermining and number three for me is Wafflepool.  Expressed as a percentage, this is what I have been paid as of right now:

If I completely ignore the first day's payouts to try and rule out unexchanged then Middlecoin is still number one for me, followed by Clevermining and Wafflepool.

If I go backwards from right now and only count what has been sent to me the last fourteen days then Middlecoin is still number one for me, followed by Wafflepool and Clevermining.

Chad

Interesting. All methods of comparing pools have problems but hash from one farm and BTC in the wallet has got to be as real world as you can get.

Do you think you have similar pings to all the servers and similar hash rates at your end and as reported by each pool?

Software Developer and Coin Geek
trimac

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:17:26 PM

Chad

Interesting. All methods of comparing pools have problems but hash from one farm and BTC in the wallet has got to be as real world as you can get.

Do you think you have similar pings to all the servers and similar hash rates at your end and as reported by each pool?

Wouldn't say interesting. Interesting would be if he used 1/3 of his hashrate for each of those pools mentioned for same amount of time. This bouncing around pools isn't really something that convinces me...
chadtn

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:56:42 PM

Average ping to useast.middlecoin.com is 45ms.  Average ping to useast.wafflepool.com is 61ms.  Average ping to clevermining.com is 32ms.  us.clevermining.com won't respond to a ping request.

I'm not rotating pools I'm load balancing with each pool's quota set to 33%.  I just checked clevermining's stats and my average hash rate has not dropped below 5 megahashes since I had a power outage on Feb 20th.  It generally hovers right above 6 megahashes accepted.  Each pool generally reports 5-7 megahashes depending on rejects/luck.

I'm willing to change up the experiment a little though.  I have three rigs that each average 5.3 megahashes.  I will dedicate one rig each to the three pools I've been mining on.  My fourth rig averages 4.6 megahashes.  I will load balance the fourth rig across all three pools and see how it goes.

Chad

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
chadtn

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:01:47 PM

It's done at 4:00PM my time 3/7/2014.  I'll report back how it goes.

Chad

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
Tripjammer

Activity: 394

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:00:45 PM

I have tested mining here, clever and waffle. Waffle still pays out the most per mh/s. But all of them are starting to drop off....

WishFinanceAlternative lending platform for SMEs
      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Oct, XX Crowdsale  |  Aim for +YY% bonus!      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬       
[ WishFinance tread ]  ●  [ Whitepaper ]  ●  [ Telegram ]
coinGeek

Activity: 221

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:06:14 PM

Chad

Wouldn't say interesting. Interesting would be if he used 1/3 of his hashrate for each of those pools mentioned for same amount of time. This bouncing around pools isn't really something that convinces me...

I thought he's saying "load balancing". If you use the load balance option in cgminer it doesn't bounce around does it? According to the docs it should try to share hashrate between pool according to the set quota. (I'm assuming equal quota if it's a fair test).

Software Developer and Coin Geek
Minerist

Activity: 80

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:37:31 PM

Yes why mine on MC at all? Lack of communication, stealing coins, best daily payouts compared to the rest of autopools, why really?
Pages: « 1 ... 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 [520] 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 »
  Print  

Jump to: