Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:52:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SPOT] | SUCCESSFUL FORK COMPLETE - On CoinPayments.net/Cryptsy/Coins-e  (Read 166012 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
smscotten

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 03:36:11 PM

Where can you put this for mac:

I looked into the spots/application support folder and there is no config...

Create a new plaintext file at ~/Library/Application Support/Spots/ (that's /Users/[YOURUSERNAME]/Library/Application Support/Spots/) called spots.conf.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 03:46:10 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2013, 03:56:55 PM by iGotSpots

Ok, so just quick update on the progress with Spots.

Yesterday, we got added to coins-e, which is great. Now we can get a stable price and move forward with the precious metals program. The two pools are both still up and stable, and our network hashrate is generally around 50 mHash with spikes as high as 300+. So far the client syncing issue some people are having is the only problem we have come across.

Now, to address the gold and silver exchange a little bit more in depth before I actually release any real information:

1) There will be a physical store for Spots to be redeemed for gold and silver

2) Yes, we will have a website and ship to you (obviously)

3) The coin is not called Spots because of my carpet cleaning company. My carpet cleaning company was named Got Spots because I had planned to do SOMETHING with precious metals in the future, and wanted a universal name.

4) It appears some of you may think we are bullshitting with our plans. That's fine, I welcome questions. If I don't have the answer to all of them, that means you brought up a valid point that needed more research, and I thank you for that.

I was explaining a little bit the other day that we need a value set to Spots before we can roll out the gold and silver. The reason is simple...if we started the exchange now, and at current prices, there is only enough Spots mined throughout the whole network so far to sell 2 ounces of gold. That's it, then we would have 100% of the Spots in the network. That's not acceptable. There are still less than 125,000 total Spots mined. These are rare coins, not a "mine 50 million in a day just to pump and dump for a few weeks"

Here's a few pictures of one of our carpet cleaning stores where the precious metals will get their start. This is the oldest of them and eventually we will move to all 3 locations, but we are going to use our smallest store to get started. I just wanted to prove to you guys that we are serious and already know how to run successful businesses.

If you read all this, then sweet, I'm glad you're on the Spots mining crew!

-Pfeff (iGotSpots)

achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 03:58:55 PM

what protocol is this? Scrypt, SHA, PrimeCoin.. other???
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 04:03:49 PM

what protocol is this? Scrypt, SHA, PrimeCoin.. other???

Scrypt

Santa.Claus

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 04:33:52 PM

I would be interested in selling some silver for spots, are you going to offer a service for buying and selling metals?
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 04:48:07 PM

I would be interested in selling some silver for spots, are you going to offer a service for buying and selling metals?

Yes, we will be

PerfectAgent

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Still the Best 1973

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:40:46 PM

Whoops, missed your reply! I hope this (again!) isn't too late. Thanks!

MD9gtm1MQAG8HZL7dUgVkFTmU85dKH5jwh

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle
BTC Address: 14qkEkmoWQbgF4EMB6F5m8p3LU1D8UK32D ||||||||||| NMC Address: N8xv7xXnLnRgSvQCRK9vwndsH2HBAifs3C
datguyian

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 10:19:01 PM

Difficulty just shot up to 25... I think someone is solo mining the shit out of it right now :\

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 10:21:22 PM

Difficulty just shot up to 25... I think someone is solo mining the shit out of it right now :\

Looks like it. Just saw over 600 mHash on the network. It will adjust back down as soon as they stop, though, no worries

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 10:28:58 PM

Diff already back down to 1.5. Told you they wouldn't get us stuck high

datguyian

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 11:59:06 PM

I wasn't too worried, I didn't stop mining.   Tongue  It just kind of caught my interest for a second. I definitely like the idea of buying precious metals with this one... will probably keep mining till I get a few thousand with my puny little 1200 kh/s rig...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 12:07:17 AM

I wasn't too worried, I didn't stop mining.   Tongue  It just kind of caught my interest for a second. I definitely like the idea of buying precious metals with this one... will probably keep mining till I get a few thousand with my puny little 1200 kh/s rig...

It's averaging out for me to about 5-6k Spots a day with 5 mHash pointing at the pool, the difficulty adjusts very quickly so it won't get stuck high or low. Should keep the price fairly steady

Viriatto

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 12:35:23 AM

Well, running Wallet for 5 hours but got 0 Connections. Tried with VPN, Proxy and nothing ...
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 12:37:32 AM

Well, running Wallet for 5 hours but got 0 Connections. Tried with VPN, Proxy and nothing ...

addnode=70.98.114.229

Up and stable, just checked

datguyian

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 12:39:33 AM

I wasn't too worried, I didn't stop mining.   Tongue  It just kind of caught my interest for a second. I definitely like the idea of buying precious metals with this one... will probably keep mining till I get a few thousand with my puny little 1200 kh/s rig...

It's averaging out for me to about 5-6k Spots a day with 5 mHash pointing at the pool, the difficulty adjusts very quickly so it won't get stuck high or low. Should keep the price fairly steady

I'm just hoping the frequent difficulty changes don't cause the same issues TRC has experienced. I kind of like the idea of frequent changes, but also see the problems it can cause.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

(
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
Viriatto

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 12:43:54 AM

Got it, Thank you!
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 01:07:57 AM

I'm just hoping the frequent difficulty changes don't cause the same issues TRC has experienced. I kind of like the idea of frequent changes, but also see the problems it can cause.

I'm not too worried about it for now. We have had a lot of spikes and everything has been alright and stable. Nothing with what TRC had obviously, but it's fixable if it does, and we would catch it right away

Roosevelt122007

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 01:14:29 AM

Ok, so just quick update on the progress with Spots.

Yesterday, we got added to coins-e, which is great. Now we can get a stable price and move forward with the precious metals program. The two pools are both still up and stable, and our network hashrate is generally around 50 mHash with spikes as high as 300+. So far the client syncing issue some people are having is the only problem we have come across.

Now, to address the gold and silver exchange a little bit more in depth before I actually release any real information:

1) There will be a physical store for Spots to be redeemed for gold and silver

2) Yes, we will have a website and ship to you (obviously)

3) The coin is not called Spots because of my carpet cleaning company. My carpet cleaning company was named Got Spots because I had planned to do SOMETHING with precious metals in the future, and wanted a universal name.

4) It appears some of you may think we are bullshitting with our plans. That's fine, I welcome questions. If I don't have the answer to all of them, that means you brought up a valid point that needed more research, and I thank you for that.

I was explaining a little bit the other day that we need a value set to Spots before we can roll out the gold and silver. The reason is simple...if we started the exchange now, and at current prices, there is only enough Spots mined throughout the whole network so far to sell 2 ounces of gold. That's it, then we would have 100% of the Spots in the network. That's not acceptable. There are still less than 125,000 total Spots mined. These are rare coins, not a "mine 50 million in a day just to pump and dump for a few weeks"

Here's a few pictures of one of our carpet cleaning stores where the precious metals will get their start. This is the oldest of them and eventually we will move to all 3 locations, but we are going to use our smallest store to get started. I just wanted to prove to you guys that we are serious and already know how to run successful businesses.

If you read all this, then sweet, I'm glad you're on the Spots mining crew!

-Pfeff (iGotSpots)

https://i.imgur.com/nnXkEr8.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/KffzaKL.jpg

well~~~
I read all~

I have mining for several days.....
elements

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 01:34:53 AM

MAC client doesn't work anymore.

Yesterday it worked like a charm
Today I won't sync. Sticks at block 2489 for hours.

Tried it several times with restarting the client. Sad

Also neither giveaways nor faucet money arrived (even though the faucet confirmation mail was sent more than 23 hrs. ago).

Too bad.

»A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.« - Douglas Adams
Use the trusted German Bitcoin exchange: https://www.bitcoin.de/de/r/5wcwts
Tips & donations: BTC : 1MAQYNLp2VJ9wWhPYg5BnrbUGzdhGXopZw | CGB: 5bgQivyHJcSWTgvLfVW87Zj23M7mcFCVBF
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 01:37:00 AM

MAC client doesn't work anymore.

Yesterday it worked like a charm
Today I won't sync. Sticks at block 2489 for hours.

Tried it several times with restarting the client. Sad

Also neither giveaways nor faucet money arrived (even though the faucet confirmation mail was sent more than 23 hrs. ago).

Too bad.

addnode=70.98.114.229

Post your address for the giveaway if it doesn't come after you sync up, I maybe just missed it. I'll try the faucet, too. I don't run it, but if it's not paying out I'll remove it from the post

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: