Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:08:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SPOT] | SUCCESSFUL FORK COMPLETE - On CoinPayments.net/Cryptsy/Coins-e  (Read 166014 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Entz

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

I not use any kind of messenger beware of scammers

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 08:11:27 PM

Well done ! Nice to see a developer actually doing something and promoting the coin and giving it uses.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 08:19:20 PM

Well done ! Nice to see a developer actually doing something and promoting the coin and giving it uses.

Thanks. Soon we will have iGotSpots.com to be full automated. I'm basically waiting until gold can be traded for Spots once we reach a higher network worth. At that time, we will have the website fully automated, with accounts, chat box, etc. The auction site will also be fully automated when it launches

kslavik

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 08:32:04 PM

Any plans to get listed on bitfunder.com for those 100 shares? How do you plan to IPO them?

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 08:39:14 PM

Any plans to get listed on bitfunder.com for those 100 shares? How do you plan to IPO them?

No plans to look elsewhere. Honestly, it doesn't matter if anyone invests. The project will continue either way. I just sold my carpet cleaning company to open this new one, so I have enough to cover the soft backing in gold and silver myself. They will be exclusively sold on iGotSpots.com for the time being. If we get to a point where we need public investment, we will open it up to more outlets.

The shares are simply for people who believe in Spots, or me, to do what we intend to do. It will speed things up a bit, sure, but it's my way of saying Thanks for helping get our community to where it is now, while providing some financial returns for your faith.

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 09:46:13 PM

Just to keep the info fresh:

We have currently sold 10 shares of the iGotSpots.com public investment fund. That only leaves another 90 Shares available for the price of .4 BTC each. For more information on investment opportunities with iGotSpots, please visit us and read more information on our company's webpage at iGotSpots.com

The investment will be returned to you with a minimum 20% increase no later than 4 months from the date of purchase in the form of Spots, gold, and/or silver

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 09:54:26 PM

We have currently sold 10 shares of the iGotSpots.com public investment fund. That only leaves another 90 Shares available for the price of .4 BTC each. For more information on investment opportunities with iGotSpots, please visit us and read more information on our company's webpage at iGotSpots.com

The investment will be returned to you with a minimum 20% increase no later than 4 months from the date of purchase in the form of Spots, gold, and/or silver

Dude, I thought you were all talk but I gotta say:  I was wrong about you, you're seriously effing impressing the hell out of me.  Really a great job you're doing thus far.  Wow!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 09:57:22 PM

Dude, I thought you were all talk but I gotta say:  I was wrong about you, you're seriously effing impressing the hell out of me.  Really a great job you're doing thus far.  Wow!

Thanks. I told you I was a serious businessman. I've sold my carpet cleaning company to focus on Cryptos. I have felt the future was gold and silver for a long time but now I believe we have found a way to merge the two efficiently

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 10:16:45 PM

Thanks. I told you I was a serious businessman. I've sold my carpet cleaning company to focus on Cryptos. I have felt the future was gold and silver for a long time but now I believe we have found a way to merge the two efficiently

I totally agree - another reason I liked and went with the name NUGGETS for my coin.  Problem now is getting enough money to pull things together the way you have. 

Are you buying mining rigs right now, like ASICS?  I think they're gonna be huge next year but I'm running out of ways to come up with the money to buy more.  If things work out maybe we'll form some sort of precious metals Crypto-Coin basket, similar to an ETF. That would at least be a unique investment vehicle and a new investment idea for those looking to speculate in precious metals. 

Invest in precious metals while at the same time speculating in Crypto-coins and of you can't pick which one to mine now there's a basket for the ones specifically convert into precious metals.  Man, that could actually work - it could bring in serious miners and speculators.  Kind of ironic: Digitial miners mining Cryptos in order to indirectly mine Gold and Silver.

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 10:18:39 PM

I totally agree - another reason I liked and went with the name NUGGETS for my coin.  Problem now is getting enough money to pull things together the way you have. 

Are you buying mining rigs right now, like ASICS?  I think they're gonna be huge next year but I'm running out of ways to come up with the money to buy more.  If things work out maybe we'll form some sort of precious metals Crypto-Coin basket, similar to an ETF. That would at least be a unique investment vehicle and a new investment idea for those looking to speculate in precious metals. 

Invest in precious metals while at the same time speculating in Crypto-coins and of you can't pick which one to mine now there's a basket for the ones specifically convert into precious metals.  Man, that could actually work - it could bring in serious miners and speculators.  Kind of ironic: Digitial miners mining Cryptos in order to indirectly mine Gold and Silver.

I've got about $40k into mining rigs prior to releasing Spots. I think I'm going to hold off on buying any more for a while. This project is going to be taking up a lot of my time, which is why I've registered it as a legitimate business, as well as sold my prior company.

This is now a full time job for me, not a hobby

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 10:27:09 PM

Wow, yeah, that's plenty of money in rigs.  That gives you a nice income flow to put back into making the coin better.  Congrats!

Off topic:  anybody know why there's a thumbs up showing for this thread when I go to my Watchlist?  And another thread I'm watching has a (?) Question mark.   Thanks.

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 10:27:40 PM

Wow, yeah, that's plenty of money in rigs.  That gives you a nice income flow to put back into making the coin better.  Congrats!

Off topic:  anybody know why there's a thumbs up showing for this thread when I go to my Watchlist?  And another thread I'm watching has a (?) Question mark.   Thanks.

The Thumbs Up is the thread's icon. Look in the alt currency forum and it has the icon next to the title

pgbit

Activity: 771
Merit: 258

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 11:21:25 PM

I can't seem to get any blocks to sync despite adding the spots.conf file with the nodes and I have checked that the filetype extension is not got .txt on the end. It's odd as it syncs fine on 1 PC, not on 2 others. Any suggestions?

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 11:32:33 PM

I can't seem to get any blocks to sync despite adding the spots.conf file with the nodes and I have checked that the filetype extension is not got .txt on the end. It's odd as it syncs fine on 1 PC, not on 2 others. Any suggestions?

Sometimes you will get a display bug. Where it says: "Downloaded x of y Blocks"

If x = the current Spots network block, you are synced. Regardless of your wallet saying otherwise. Just some cross-chatter between chains on one of the nodes

pgbit

Activity: 771
Merit: 258

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 11:50:29 PM

If x = the current Spots network block, you are synced. Regardless of your wallet saying otherwise. Just some cross-chatter between chains on one of the nodes
Oops it was my fault. I dumped the .conf folder in the wrong spot. This is sorted now and mining has started! Can you use setgenerate true -1 to initiate correct parameters for mining? or setgenerate true 3 - to only activate 3 cores?

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 12:02:35 AM

Oops it was my fault. I dumped the .conf folder in the wrong spot. This is sorted now and mining has started! Can you use setgenerate true -1 to initiate correct parameters for mining? or setgenerate true 3 - to only activate 3 cores?

I wouldn't even worry about using setgenerate at all unless you need to. Are you using cgminer?

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 02:16:10 AM

Spots price is SOARING on Cryptsy today. Great job guys!

Entz

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

I not use any kind of messenger beware of scammers

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:28:47 AM

Spots price is SOARING on Cryptsy today. Great job guys!
Yeah, completely blown away. Should of bought far more when it was low a few days ago  Grin

Network hash rate 441.157 MH/s  Shocked  Likely one of the most profitable at the moment. Good job!

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 02:43:04 AM

Another 2 shares purchased for iGotSpots, LLC - Only 83 left at .4 BTC each

Purchasing and more information available at iGotSpots.com

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:41:25 AM

with a soft backing in both gold and silver.
[...]
The total investment we are willing to take from interested parties now will not exceed the value of the coin, according to coinmarketcap.com, which currently is around $4,200. Today the cap that will be accepted is 40 Bitcoins. iGotSpots will be exchanging the metals and coins to provide the difference between public investment and the actual market value. This will allow miners and investors to cash out at any time in gold and silver and leave us with all the Spots should they become worthless. We are taking the risk, should the currency fail.

What will this "public investment" value be after this 100 shares (each sold at 0.4 BTC, bringing in 40 BTC worth ~$4,200) is raised?  i.e, will that be hold as bitcoins, or will you convert them to USDs or perhaps convert to Silver bullion or something that tracks the price of silver?

Ok, so let's take what happened today.   The exchange rate rises where all SPT issued are worth about 60 BTC.   

But there's not 60 BTC worth of capital (sales of shares) for "backing".   

So on day one you are unable to "cash out at any time in gold and silver", right?    If the silver cash-out price was dynamic (i.e., got set with each transaction), then you have less of a problem as it would suddenly cost more SPT per ounce of silver and it would take longer before sellers could exhaust the supply of 40 BTC worth of silver.   But setting the price daily, that seems like a pretty big hole to take advantage of to suck the value of the 40 BTC of capital from investors of the shares.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 03:44:20 AM

with a soft backing in both gold and silver.
[...]
The total investment we are willing to take from interested parties now will not exceed the value of the coin, according to coinmarketcap.com, which currently is around $4,200. Today the cap that will be accepted is 40 Bitcoins. iGotSpots will be exchanging the metals and coins to provide the difference between public investment and the actual market value. This will allow miners and investors to cash out at any time in gold and silver and leave us with all the Spots should they become worthless. We are taking the risk, should the currency fail.

What will this "public investment" value be after this 100 shares (each sold at 0.4 BTC, bringing in 40 BTC worth ~$4,200) is raised?  i.e, will that be hold as bitcoins, or will you convert them to USDs or perhaps convert to Silver bullion or something that tracks the price of silver?

Ok, so let's take what happened today.   The exchange rate rises where all SPT issued are worth about 60 BTC.  

But there's not 60 BTC worth of capital (sales of shares) for "backing".  

So on day one you are unable to "cash out at any time in gold and silver", right?    If the silver cash-out price was dynamic (i.e., got set with each transaction), then you have less of a problem as it would suddenly cost more SPT per ounce of silver and it would take longer before sellers could exhaust the supply of 40 BTC worth of silver.   But setting the price daily, that seems like a pretty big hole to take advantage of to suck the value of the 40 BTC of capital from investors of the shares.

The investors are investing in the company, iGotSpots, LLC, not the currency

They are paid back no later than 4 months from date of purchase, when we purchase the shares back at a minimum of 120% of the initial purchase price. If things are going really well, we will kick you guys some more, but you are guaranteed your investment + 20% of the purchase price within 120 days. These will be paid back in Spots, gold, and/or silver.

The company is the one holding the gold and silver that are sold on the market. Later when the auction site is launched is when you guys will be able to post your own sales and receive payment solely in Spots

The daily price change is for the silver bars and rounds for sale by iGotSpots, the company, not the currency. Once we can get it all automated, the price will update automatically with the market.

Please...if you have any more questions, ASK! Don't be worried about hurting my feelings or sounding stupid. I will answer them all as best I can

A more detailed explanation and more information are available here: http://www.igotspots.com/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: