Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:22:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 443 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | Core 0.10 upgrade  (Read 1031115 times)
skillrun

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:04:21 PM

Do some reading at the Quark forum and r/QuarkCoin.

It's pretty obvious this 'community' is eating itself.

What you mean? ...

nice opportunity to buy Smiley already under 0.00010000 on cryptsy
GreenWins

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:11:18 PM

What you mean? ...

nice opportunity to buy Smiley already under 0.00010000 on cryptsy

I'm really tempted to buy more too.

Reece523

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:25:49 PM

When the price was nearing 0.00010000, people were listing huge quantities of QRK for 0.00010020, 0.00010017, 0.00010002, and prices so close to 0.00010000 that nobody would do that when prices had been falling as quickly as they had. Furthermore, the protection was at 0.00010000, not lower, so these people stood to lose some serious money if prices fell lower relative to the miniscule additional profit they would reap from selling at 0.00010002.

Not that it matters.. QRK was getting boring - spending so much time between 0.00013000 and 0.00016000 lately... Thanks guys for changing the game. Gave me some fun this morning.

It's pretty clear there is a coordinated effort going on to devalue QUARK.

Yeah, and that effort is from the Quark 'community' itself.

Can you explain it a litle further or is it just some rage?
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:55:22 PM

Considering the very small amount of new coins, does is worth mining quarks?

I was initially interested in this coin, because I only have a bunch of old PCs with no GPUs at all. So, the fact of being a CPU only coin made me think that mining this coin I could compete with other miners.

The fact is that I am obtaining higher profitability mining other alt coins, even those being mined mostly by GPU miners.

So, I do not catch the point of mining quark.

I am missing something???

There will be around 1 million coins mined a year going forward. So, yes, it "could still" be profitable to mine.
This, in a sense, is the experiment (in part) of Quark. Instead of it being about money to mine and mine to money, it is an earlier (mostly) mine and then distribution.
We will see if the network can withstand that. I would think it does as we are early in the game, but no telling what happens.
If Quarks price goes up too much, too soon AND we hit the 247.6 million coins made (and 1 million mined per year there after) it will be an open target for supporters of other coins to attack (the network).
The network better stay strong and get stronger. I have been harping on this and get little response from the community. It is #1 as far as importance goes.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 01:45:36 PM

It's pretty clear there is a coordinated effort going on to devalue QUARK. There was a guy yesterday who purposely put up a 450,000 QRK sell wall at 0.00013500 and then turned it into a bunch of 6550 QRK sell orders which spooked the sheep. Now the sheep are actually falling for this ploy to devalue QRK. Great job guys Smiley

The word on the street is these guys paid a lot of money for this off exchange , I heard up to 50c !

This if true; proves how much of a threat they feel .

They are hurtling right now , I can literally tell you im being inundated with requests to buy by people that just don't want to deal with Bitcoin , you have to remember some of our investors have never used crypto before .

I've had a request to buy 1 million , I politely declined that as dont even have that much and to sell it off exchange would be negligent.

But these buyers are legitimate they are not "spammers" our enemies know this and know this capital is on the sidelines.

They lost more each time, the trolling increases when they dump and they are nearly out of all that high priced Quark it must hurt so much , we could literally do this forever , until they run out

: (  poor guys . So much hurt and pain .

: D

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
flayway

Activity: 219
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:49:14 PM

http://www.coinmine.pl/qrk/index.php
Coinmine.pl pool down? Anyone know what there is problem and is that coming back online?

XCP:     19zzpgk3oakH2b7zd63mw3DadtNkvefVfo    BTC:     1ASSkiRsqRUUp5Y8YQYnuc41fBbYR3iRD2
Meebo

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:01:09 PM

Quark community has always been very "controversial", aggressive and emotional... also, since coin itself is new, there is still some undermining going on by supporters of other coins (this is currently not really that important and nothing to be afraid of).

At the moment, Quark community is pretty much split in half. I can see the arguments from both sides.

If you check almost any Quark thread, it will end up to be a flame-war between "Kolin supporters" and "Kolin haters".

I, for one, do not have anything against Kolin (he seems like a cool dude), but to be fair, I do not think that he should be considered to be "quark spokesperson" and really there is no reason to do it anyways (I have no clue why so many can consider one person to be a representative of an open source decentralized entity). Here's why:

Right off the bat: He has done so much for the Quark in the past and no-one can say otherwise. On the other side, some of the bad Quark publicity also falls on him.

Currently, only thing he does is posts about Quark and you all know how he writes (Cheesy, I have lost count of how many people he has labeled as "WoW players with no lives and girlfriends"). He is very proud person who can not take criticism. I was like that also, but experience as a systems analyst has only thought me one thing. Humbleness and straight facts win people over (quite easily). No matter how many times you have to repeat one thing, you will have to find strength to do it again for the next (or same) person who asks. Arguing with a mindset that "other person is probably correct, but I would like to show him my point of view" is the best and works all the time. I can rarely do this. Kolin can NOT do this. At least on forums, where most of the hatred is generated. Also, I don't think that he can accept, that Quark has many active promoters and he probably feels threatened by them, which in turn causes drama and confusion in every thread (you know, "pack leader" thing, although no election for "pack leader" was actually held).

Now, when Kolin opens his mouth and talks (in a youtube video, for example), it is entirely different matter. He seems like cool knowledgeable guy who really cares about this currency! No-one should even think about Kolin actively undermining Quark. How much time he has spent on Quark is mind-boggling...

This pretty much sums up, why Quark community is eating itself.

First rule of crypto is still "Strong community equals strong currency.".

I have no doubt that this problem will be solved soon (by solution I mean that Kolin should not be that defensive and half of the community should not be such critics) and Quark can finally be the "LiteCoin" (path-maker) of CPU coins. Oh golden glory days and quarks for all.

PS: Love you all. You guys make me hold my Quarks!  Kiss
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 02:04:46 PM

It's pretty clear there is a coordinated effort going on to devalue QUARK. There was a guy yesterday who purposely put up a 450,000 QRK sell wall at 0.00013500 and then turned it into a bunch of 6550 QRK sell orders which spooked the sheep. Now the sheep are actually falling for this ploy to devalue QRK. Great job guys Smiley

The word on the street is these guys paid a lot of money for this off exchange , I heard up to 50c !

This if true; proves how much of a threat they feel .

They are hurtling right now , I can literally tell you im being inundated with requests to buy by people that just don't want to deal with Bitcoin , you have to remember some of our investors have never used crypto before .

I've had a request to buy 1 million , I politely declined that as dont even have that much and to sell it off exchange would be negligent.

But these buyers are legitimate they are not "spammers" our enemies know this and know this capital is on the sidelines.

They lost more each time, the trolling increases when they dump and they are nearly out of all that high priced Quark it must hurt so much , we could literally do this forever , until they run out

: (  poor guys . So much hurt and pain .

: D

Yes, this is what is happening.  I have more requests to buy now... Bigger investors have been frustrated, couldn't get quantity (500k+).  Exchanges are all small money, so, for little cost, the price can be manipulated down, then the BIG deal (rip-off) is done off-exchange. Happens in securities and commodities all the time !
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 02:08:42 PM

Quark community has always been very "controversial", aggressive and emotional... also, since coin itself is new, there is still some undermining going on by supporters of other coins (this is currently not really that important and nothing to be afraid of).

At the moment, Quark community is pretty much split in half. I can see the arguments from both sides.

If you check almost any Quark thread, it will end up to be a flame-war between "Kolin supporters" and "Kolin haters".

I, for one, do not have anything against Kolin (he seems like a cool dude), but to be fair, I do not think that he should be considered to be "quark spokesperson" and really there is no reason to do it anyways (I have no clue why so many can consider one person to be a representative of an open source decentralized entity). Here's why:

Right off the bat: He has done so much for the Quark in the past and no-one can say otherwise. On the other side, some of the bad Quark publicity also falls on him.

Currently, only thing he does is posts about Quark and you all know how he writes (Cheesy, I have lost count of how many people he has labeled as "WoW players with no lives and girlfriends"). He is very proud person who can not take criticism. I was like that also, but experience as a systems analyst has only thought me one thing. Humbleness and straight facts win people over (quite easily). No matter how many times you have to repeat one thing, you will have to find strength to do it again for the next (or same) person who asks. Arguing with a mindset that "other person is probably correct, but I would like to show him my point of view" is the best and works all the time. I can rarely do this. Kolin can NOT do this. At least on forums, where most of the hatred is generated. Also, I don't think that he can accept, that Quark has many active promoters and he probably feels threatened by them, which in turn causes drama and confusion in every thread (you know, "pack leader" thing, although no election for "pack leader" was actually held).

Now, when Kolin opens his mouth and talks (in a youtube video, for example), it is entirely different matter. He seems like cool knowledgeable guy who really cares about this currency! No-one should even think about Kolin actively undermining Quark. How much time he has spent on Quark is mind-boggling...

This pretty much sums up, why Quark community is eating itself.

First rule of crypto is still "Strong community equals strong currency.".

I have no doubt that this problem will be solved soon (by solution I mean that Kolin should not be that defensive and half of the community should not be such critics) and Quark can finally be the "LiteCoin" (path-maker) of CPU coins. Oh golden glory days and quarks for all.

PS: Love you all. You guys make me hold my Quarks!  Kiss
+1

BTC and LTC had to go through this. It's part of 'Growing Up'. Nearly all the alts have this going on at one time or another. The ones that don't are either not big/good enough to inspire opinion either way, or they have grown out of it. (probably only BTC and LTC fit that)
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:22:58 PM

What's everyone's thoughts on the new quark foundation ?

http://www.quarkfoundation.cc/
http://quarkfoundation.cc/forum/
https://twitter.com/QuarkFoundation

Bitrated user: Mick.
Meebo

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:37:37 PM

Best thing that happened to Quark lately (all that Bill still and Keiser hype is nothing compared to actual community involvement).
JohnnyAppleCeed

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:38:14 PM

Only thing that can save quark at the moment.
chuck_0

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:46:54 PM

Any interest in a QRK android app? I can make it free for you guys. (Tips would be appreciated)

It would look similar to my other ones, like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stringtheory.cryptos.hbn

The app fetches latest trade price, volume, and time from cryptsy.

My apps will always be free.

Yes that'd be convenient ! Please !
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:31:47 PM

Any interest in a QRK android app? I can make it free for you guys. (Tips would be appreciated)

It would look similar to my other ones, like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stringtheory.cryptos.hbn

The app fetches latest trade price, volume, and time from cryptsy.

My apps will always be free.

You need to post this on www.quarkfoundation.cc. It's made for adding projects, also people can donate to this project.
Also make a thread on http://forum.qrk.cc

Here is more on it:

http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/comments/1u6evy/quarkfoundation_is_online/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395707.msg4270338#msg4270338

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:08:48 PM

Quarks has the highest volume on Cryptsy. I managed to get met some right on time.
JamesZ

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:21:15 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2014, 05:07:17 PM by JamesZ

Best thing that happened to Quark lately (all that Bill still and Keiser hype is nothing compared to actual community involvement).

Thanks guys for all your trust in the Foundation.

Some FAQ:

1) Who is the holder of the wallets on Quark Foundation?
    > I (James) currently owe all the wallets, every time you donate to a wallet i have to manually update the amount on the site.
       So don't worry if you don't see your amount on the site right away.

2) Are you holding some kind of Log file of all the donations?
    > Yes i do, if you go to: http://quarkfoundation.cc/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=7 you will see a file i manually update.

3) Can i be trusted?
    > Like every bounty i have started I always stated that nobody even Kolin or Max can be trusted for 100%,
    > I know i don't have the post on this forum to prove that i'm a Quark support. But.. iff you go to: http://forum.qrk.cc/user/468 You will see i have more than 100+ posts. You can read threw all of them.

>I have once started a bounty to raise an amount for the website design.
    >Once i noticed, the website wouldn't work out because of the difference Kolin and I had, I returned the money to all the people that have donated. Proof? Read threw this thread: http://forum.qrk.cc/thread/875/quark-community-design-offical-website.

4) I see a lot of donation wallet address on the site, whats up with that?
    > If you want to donate to the Whole foundation, you need to donate to the main wallet address. All the money on here will be put in current and future projects that are stated on this site. ( The members of the foundation and the influence of the community decide who gets the funding of the main wallet)
    > But if you want to support a certain project, you send the money to project address, this will speed the development of that project.

5) Who are currently members:
    > I (James)
    > Canon
    > Penny
    > I was in talk with Quark Kent, i want him as the "leader" of the foundation (But he went temp of the radar) and Hope to get Guy1 on the team as well.
    > But first i want to make the "roots" of the Foundations stable. By that i mean good website, and a good forum.
    > Also go to: http://quarkfoundation.cc/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=21 to see a updated version of all the acces that every one have

6) How can i help?
    > Go to www.quarkfoundation.cc
    > Donate
    > Signup on the forum and help current developments
    > Signup your own project on the site.

7) How many project developers have contacted you?
    > Currently 2 people.
         - Quarklists
         - Appsforcoins

for the lazy ones: QLrpaRNv6r6VNEy1GENiHwAtmX9T51MBrt

Sorry for my bad English, it isn't my native languages.

~ James
JohnnyAppleCeed

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:59:27 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2014, 06:09:57 PM by JohnnyAppleCeed

The path James has set down is the only path to success for quark at the moment. He has the talent/professionalism/maturity to make it happen. The other members already on the foundation have also proved themselves as motived, mature, and dedicated to quark.

Kolin's behavior has become increasingly erratic over the past few days/weeks.  Anyone who reviews his comments/actions over the past month (all public record) will see that it's almost as if he's trying to sabotage quark. Why else would anyone act like he's acting? Whenever any real tangible progress is being made, he stifles it's growth, calls it 'trolling' or something, and then rolls out his alternative plan which is 'supposedly much better, and will be unveiled shortly!'. This behavior is suspicious at best. My only hope is that he doesn't bring down quark with him, which it appears he's set on doing.

For the sake of quark, I hope this foundation succeeds.

lmfsthefounder

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 08:53:27 PM

Thanks. I will post about the app on these places.

In the meanwhile, the app is already done, and listed FREE on google play. Hope you guys like it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stringtheory.cryptos.qrk

Anyone who likes it, feel free to donate a little; QPPLGbRW9okEaWfVT5LvWzy4Evq8C7pCyD
Promethium

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:36:49 PM

http://www.coinmine.pl/qrk/index.php
Coinmine.pl pool down? Anyone know what there is problem and is that coming back online?
I saw mention of them shifting to http://www2.coinmine.pl/qrk/index.php
GreenWins

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:04:08 AM

I've been looking at the top 100 Quark wallets and notice we have new top 100 Quark holders.
http://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-quarkcoin-addresses.html

Pages: « 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 443 »
  Print  

Jump to: