Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:30:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do girls use Bitcoin ?  (Read 170750 times)
TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 04:52:47 PM

I've only read the last page and I have to say....you guys are asses.

Have same damn respect, women are people too. Not to be objectified by dildo jokes or "no tits" jokes.

Thanks for saying this. I'm getting bored with the same "jokes" over and over and feel like leaving this forum altogether. If it wasn't for the BFL thread I would have left weeks ago.

You're welcome Smiley

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 12:49:43 AM

Have same damn respect, women are people too. Not to be objectified by dildo jokes or "no tits" jokes.

Thanks for saying this. I'm getting bored with the same "jokes" over and over and feel like leaving this forum altogether. If it wasn't for the BFL thread I would have left weeks ago.
You're welcome Smiley

The thread is pretty much just for trolling.  Anyone coming to this thread expecting something intelligent with a title like this is very likely going to be disappointed.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
rayhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

be your self

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 01:18:05 AM

yess of course why not
bitcoin still money tho Cheesy

The thread is pretty much just for trolling.  Anyone coming to this thread expecting something intelligent with a title like this is very likely going to be disappointed.
and agree with you Tongue

TheMage

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 04:43:42 AM

You're welcome Smiley

That doesn't excuse the lack of respect.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
solitude

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 05:38:59 AM

33 pages confirming this forum is just as cancerous as reddit.

RIP In Peace Internet

Hardly anyone speaks English on this forum.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 05:49:02 AM

We agree.
My point was somewhat different.
Essentially:  If you look in garbage cans, you will probably find garbage.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
sobitcoin

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 08:42:29 PM

33 pages confirming this forum is just as cancerous as reddit.

RIP In Peace Internet

+changetip 1 gozillian

Time to hit the streets with our noble word of Bitcoin!
TheMage

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 10:10:55 PM

We agree.
My point was somewhat different.
Essentially:  If you look in garbage cans, you will probably find garbage.

Haha

Love the analogy Wink

blg425

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 10:11:42 PM

Why wouldn't they? Some of the best programmers I know are female, and they love Bitcoin.

TheMage

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 02:35:14 AM

Why wouldn't they? Some of the best programmers I know are female, and they love Bitcoin.

Because its been a very common misconception for years that women do not use the internet beyond social media. Well beyond that, its also a misconception that women are not in the slightest interested in STEM activities (science, technology, engineering, and math). Honestly its a huge injustice, and if people do not speak up about it, the misconception will continue on.

In case anyone is wondering why I am so passionate about this, its because my daughter loves science and math. And I do the best I can everyday to teach her and to explain to her concepts well beyond her age in order to continue to spark her curiosity. I dont want her to grow up shafted or objectified because she is not a male in an engineering or science field.

gargantuar

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 03:14:23 AM

Every woman I have known depends on me for technology except one (and that "one" now calls out to me on occasion with some embarrassment).  The "one" is my mother who (even though her husband had a PhD in economics and a masters in statistics) was the only person able to work the new-fangled VCR and cable TV (yes, I am pretty old).  She scored 172 on the Stanford-Binet at the age of ten, read Hemingway's "Old Man and the Sea" in 8.5 minutes then scored 90% comprehension (also age ten), and hooked up my little brother's Intellivision, our cable, and our VCR (this was later, as an adult). 

Hormones and x-chromosomes have their effects.  Denying that is cupping your hands over your ears and screaming "I'm not listening." 

There are more men on these forums.  There are more men who extoll the separation of money and state that we call Bitcoin.  There are more men who are libertarian and challenge the self-proclaimed elite that dare to rule them.  Bitter truth:  coffee is delicious.  Think of us as Vikings!  After the pillage and whatnot the children will, at least, be ours.
sobitcoin

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 07:02:49 AM

Because its been a very common misconception for years that women do not use the internet beyond social media. Well beyond that, its also a misconception that women are not in the slightest interested in STEM activities (science, technology, engineering, and math). Honestly its a huge injustice, and if people do not speak up about it, the misconception will continue on.

In case anyone is wondering why I am so passionate about this, its because my daughter loves science and math. And I do the best I can everyday to teach her and to explain to her concepts well beyond her age in order to continue to spark her curiosity. I dont want her to grow up shafted or objectified because she is not a male in an engineering or science field.

The facts cannot be denied that there is proportionately less users of Bitcoin that are women then men, unless every survey or each piece of research has been manipulated.... I think this presents a great opportunity for innovation and someone to reach a female demographic with a reason that bitcoin could be fun or add value to daily life.    

I would also like to note that it is not only women who will be "shafted and objectified" because they are not involved with engeneering or a science field.  Is it safe to assume that tomorrow's world is more technical than yesterdays and having tech experience might be beneficial in a field that still requires an elevated level of technical knowledge?

What can we do to promote bitcoin to a concentration of the female demographic?  Perhaps time for a survey to learn about gender specific attractions to bitcoin.

My mom is 62 and she's actually super interested in learning bitcoin, although she has a past with stocks and the financial trade that might be where the interest stems, either way it was cool to see her interested in something the majority of my 25-30 year old buddies are completely confused about.

tjohej

Magic Staff

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 04:18:50 PM

Are girls / women interested in Bitcoin ?
Your opinion ?
Looks like Women in Bitcoin on Facebook is somewhat active. Check out their latest post Jan 15 2015.

Doesn't look like stellar.org is using Bitcoin but is just a fork of Bitcoin(or fork of another Litecoin, no reference topic here on bitcointalk.org yet that I've noticed), like any other Altcoin...right?

Still when looking at the about page for Stellar some developers who have prior experience with Bitcoin work there.

There may still be hope for the 1st decentralized cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. How to approach different subjects is key to progress.
nikona

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 04:32:02 PM

Yea..they use BTC ofcourse... I know loads of girls who use BTC.
tjohej

Magic Staff

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 04:37:34 PM

Are men also welcome to attend this meeting? http://www.meetup.com/Women-in-Bitcoin/events/219380610/

Because I see at least 2 men there being part of it.

There may still be hope for the 1st decentralized cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. How to approach different subjects is key to progress.
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 04:39:10 PM

If you give free coins....anyone beyond boundary of gender will use it.

MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 04:41:04 PM

If you give free coins....anyone beyond boundary of gender will use it.

So true.
not a lot of Girls use Bitcoin simply because they probably find it hard to learn , and beside girls don't really like technology and those stuff , at least not more then the boys .
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 04:43:08 PM

DIGIBYTE IS THE FUTURE OF MICRO PAYMENTS
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.0

Sure, whatever you say

Having said that, I think there's a whole market for girls and women to participate in Bitcoin, especially in the creative space.  Lots of female singers and artists and writers and directors can create new compelling content on Youtube and social media and get potentially paid for it using Changetip and services like that.

Or any female inventors, developers, or entrepeneurs can use Bitcoin for crowdfunding to get their idea jump started:

https://www.vinumeris.com/lighthouse

http://coinfunder.com/

https://bitcoinstarter.com/

http://ignitiondeck.com/id/bitcoin-crowdfunding/

and I'm sure others like these platforms utilizing Bitcoin to get your project off the ground.

Girls/Ladies/Women, bring on your talents to BTC.  Plenty of space available!

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
readysalted89

Activity: 327

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 04:46:13 PM

According to this guy anyone here blatantly claiming to be female is likely to be a male scammer. That's his opinion of how many women use this forum, the most popular bitcoin forum that there is. I admit it's very rare you see a female user name here.

Alright, so I've been PM'd by a few people what red-flags to look out for since I have a pretty good track record of spotting scammers.  Sometimes I get it wrong, but better safe than sorry.  Anyway, watch out for the typical behavior from scammers who will usually fit at least two or three (and sometimes even more) of the following characteristics:

0. Newbies, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH OTHER NEWBIES, EVER. There are plenty of veteran members to do business with and ALWAYS use escrow. If you're a newbie you're doing business with another newbie, there's a 100% chance that you will get scammed (or you're a scammer yourself).
1. New account (usually created within the last 3 months, plus or minus)
2. Low-medium message count with vapid posts of little to no contributory value
3. Use of a seemingly realistic first/last name as their forum account name
4. Signs posts with full name
5. Straight out of Newbie mode right into Lending (requesting a loan of course)
6. Straight out of Newbie mode right into Currency Exchange (PayPal, Liberty Reserve, Western Union)
7. Straight out of Newbie mode and selling gift cards/codes/Steam games of any kind
(they'll often be purchased with stolen CC info, leaving you holding the bag later on down the road)
8. Any user blatantly claiming to be female
9. New user trying to sell an Apple iAnything
10. Sob stories asking for handouts
11. Never send to a Bitmerch.com address for escrow!!!

CloakT

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 04:48:45 PM

Because their transaction time is quicker? I seen a article on ways to accept bitcoin with 0 confirmations, I'm sure that will catch on before digibyte.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: