Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:40:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Etherdelta has bn hacked  (Read 1714 times)
ramini

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

ICO Starting on 1st of April

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:00:40 PM

I never thought it could happen. I think etherdelta has good security so it can not be hacked. some users who keep altcoins there experience a loss of coin. I hope etherdelta be fine.

Etherdelta would be fine, although it was recently compromised but nothing they took from the users because Etherdelta never took or owned a single information or even any kind of keys from the users. The compromise is only affecting the transaction but I think no coins were lost in the event.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:02:13 PM

sad to hear there is a hacker that make the trading site become dangerous. this should not happening  and there should be away to catch the hacker one way or another. or trading and cryptocurrency would not be ever save for sure. we are trying to investing here and we dont want to got robbed by hacker.

ramini

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

ICO Starting on 1st of April

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:03:27 PM

I never thought it could happen. I think etherdelta has good security so it can not be hacked. some users who keep altcoins there experience a loss of coin. I hope etherdelta be fine.

Etherdelta will be fine and maybe they're already up and secured today, who knows!
Developers won't let that happen because Cryptocurrencies are totally secure and safe and so as cryptocurrency exchange like Etherdelta.

roastedparsnip

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:10:33 PM

Wait a minute, are people really not getting this news already? Last time I checked that account was filled with a worth of $1000 plus ERC20 tokens and now it is over $6000 and those are just stolen tokens, let alone ETH. This is getting crazy and I hope something is done urgently.

I don't think it's been 24 hours yet so there must be a lot of people who aren't active on Twitter or maybe they're just hodling and don't feel like checking into EtherDelta every day.

Also, the timing of the hack means that loads of people will be travelling to be with family for Christmas so they might not be aware even for another few days yet.
roastedparsnip

Activity: 213

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:13:01 PM

Etherdelta will be fine and maybe they're already up and secured today, who knows!
Developers won't let that happen because Cryptocurrencies are totally secure and safe and so as cryptocurrency exchange like Etherdelta.

Probably best to wait for official confirmation before logging in though. It will be interesting to see how they manage their reputation after this because people will want to know how this happened.

This could also be a great opportunity for up and coming decentralised exchanges such as IDEX.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:14:56 PM

Just saw this today, and I think it's quite sad that this is not getting more exposure on social media, since it could help user from etherdelta to lose their funds. I really need to start using twitter more often, as it seems the news there get spread faster. I normally stick to youtube and site like coinbase.
I haven't been using etherdelta recently, because I don't have any tokens to sell, but I usually use them for that. I guess I will just stay with bittrex for now.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Uhde

Activity: 616
Merit: 124

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:27:10 PM

I was always scared of etherdelta. Not because of being hacked but i was scaredd to make a mistake because it is very complicated to use comparing with popular centralized exchanges. It is so bad people lost their money there.
Djabba

Activity: 528

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:31:42 PM

I only use it for 2 weeks and here such an event. I thought that they could hack anything but not her. I was lucky that I read chats and news before I came in and was able to withdraw all the coins without getting to the site, I spent half a day on it. Lost coins are those who did not follow the news, now I will always read the Twitter exchange when I go to her
cryptopussies

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fun

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:32:45 PM

This is not good for Ethereum's community im sure a lot of people lose their money in an instant i hope other exchanges wont be hacked too.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
rayjellanajao

Activity: 224

Strategist

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 03:34:31 PM

There's a tutorial how you can withdraw your tokens/ethereum in etherdelta without accessing their website. Do not access their website because you will be redirected to the hackers fake etherdelta.  That's the way that you will be hack. For now the only option you got is to withdraw your ethereum/tokens without accessing their website.
Silenox

Activity: 546
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:38:28 PM

Although I do not use it, it is terrible news, unfortunately it is part of the game, I hope they can solve without great traumas.
Kaking

Activity: 153

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:42:49 PM

Thanks for your info, although I never trade in EtherDelta. However, it is terrible news for us, 1 exchange got hacked, many impact will follow it happen. I hope those exchange I trading don't have this situation  Angry Angry Angry

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:13:03 PM

Better stay away from etherdelta this day until further notice or the issue has been resolve! I also visit ED this morning because I didn't know the news earlier I hope they don't hack my account also. Wink
GoldenOrder

Activity: 119

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 04:14:27 PM

I am trying to follow how to withdraw tokens from etherdelta to my MEW by using this tutorial and I am stuck, the coins simply withdraw from etherdelta to etherdelta....nothing transfers to my MEW.  Did anybody successfully transfer coins to their wallet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=70&v=slru097RrfM

You have to withdraw them FIRST from EtherDelta to the EtherDelta wallet (that you used to deposit to the EtherDelta in the first place), then after you move from EtherDelta to the EtherDelta Wallet (using that guide), then you can enter in MEW using the private key of the EtherDelta Wallet, and move your tokens to a safe wallet in MEW or any other wallet that you never used the private key in ED.

For example:

Lets suppose you created a EtherDelta Wallet there in ED.

Originally you transfered your tokens from your MEW account to the ED Wallet (that you created there in ED).

Then in ED you deposited your tokens from the ED Wallet to the ED itself.

To recover them, you have to do the reverse, using this guide: https://steemit.com/etherdelta/@davidaarong/how-to-manually-transfer-tokens-off-of-etherdelta

Using the guide, your take the tokens out of the ED itself to the ED wallet that you used in the first place, because the smart contract is between the ED itself and the ED wallet.

After you recover the tokens from the ED itself to the ED wallet using the guide, then you can safely use MyEtherWallet website, and in the "introduce private key" option, you introduce there the private key of the ED Wallet, and your tokens should be there now.

Now, transfer your tokens from the ED Wallet to a safe MEW wallet that nobody knows the private key of except you.

Thats it.

Did you understand?
Captain_Planet

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:18:36 PM

Are they still hacked or recovered? Can I login to my etherdelta account now or not?
GoldenOrder

Activity: 119

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 04:23:32 PM

Are they still hacked or recovered? Can I login to my etherdelta account now or not?

Dont login on ED yet. Follow the steps I explained on the post above yours.
Saimabutterfly

Activity: 257

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:27:12 PM

I am trying to follow how to withdraw tokens from etherdelta to my MEW by using this tutorial and I am stuck, the coins simply withdraw from etherdelta to etherdelta....nothing transfers to my MEW.  Did anybody successfully transfer coins to their wallet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=70&v=slru097RrfM

You have to withdraw them FIRST from EtherDelta to the EtherDelta wallet (that you used to deposit to the EtherDelta in the first place), then after you move from EtherDelta to the EtherDelta Wallet (using that guide), then you can enter in MEW using the private key of the EtherDelta Wallet, and move your tokens to a safe wallet in MEW or any other wallet that you never used the private key in ED.

For example:

Lets suppose you created a EtherDelta Wallet there in ED.

Originally you transfered your tokens from your MEW account to the ED Wallet (that you created there in ED).

Then in ED you deposited your tokens from the ED Wallet to the ED itself.

To recover them, you have to do the reverse, using this guide: https://steemit.com/etherdelta/@davidaarong/how-to-manually-transfer-tokens-off-of-etherdelta

Using the guide, your take the tokens out of the ED itself to the ED wallet that you used in the first place, because the smart contract is between the ED itself and the ED wallet.

After you recover the tokens from the ED itself to the ED wallet using the guide, then you can safely use MyEtherWallet website, and in the "introduce private key" option, you introduce there the private key of the ED Wallet, and your tokens should be there now.

Now, transfer your tokens from the ED Wallet to a safe MEW wallet that nobody knows the private key of except you.

Thats it.

Did you understand?

That is a great tutorial. Really helpful.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Sevarchik

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:27:25 PM

Etherdelta its decentralized exchange he cant be hacked.
Hackers hack your account not exchange itself

billyj111

Activity: 322

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:32:45 PM

Guys hello. Issues on the Etherdelta exchange are still present or I can already go and trade?

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
primeminer

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:33:44 PM

yeah right, my friends who traded on Etherdelta were all hacked, Ethereum coins earned from trading profits all vanished and I'm also sorry about this
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: