Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:41:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Crypto  (Read 24478 times)
EnterTheLight

Activity: 214
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:00:32 PM

hi dev! i appreciate what you do, have several questions though. how do you want to compete with netflix for example? will it be possible to change your coins for fiat or other popular coins?

Hi mandarinka! We regard Netflix more as a potential partner than a competitor. TV-TWO can integrate trailers from Netflix and become a channel of discovery for their content. TV-TWO will focus on shorter videos that provide quick entertainment. Travel videos, drone footage. Why do we believe we can win over content creators? While YouTube is optimizing for the shareholder value of Alphabet, TV-TWO is optimizing for utility to users and video producers to maximize the token value. The economics for content creators are inherently superior on our open platform. While video producers will not stop uploading to YouTube from day one, they will tell their audience to go over to TV-TWO, because they earn more on our platform with every single view. This will lead to exclusive partnerships in the medium term.

Third-party exchanges will take care of providing a platform of exchange between tokens, cryptocurrencies and fiat.

Mm, it’s so nice indeed! For sure bloggers will tell viewers to follow them. For me as for a viewer it doesn’t matter at all which platform to use to watch my favorite channels. It must be convenient though. But I hope you will do your best working on the interface

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Drugser

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:53:24 PM

hi dev! i appreciate what you do, have several questions though. how do you want to compete with netflix for example? will it be possible to change your coins for fiat or other popular coins?

Hi mandarinka! We regard Netflix more as a potential partner than a competitor. TV-TWO can integrate trailers from Netflix and become a channel of discovery for their content. TV-TWO will focus on shorter videos that provide quick entertainment. Travel videos, drone footage. Why do we believe we can win over content creators? While YouTube is optimizing for the shareholder value of Alphabet, TV-TWO is optimizing for utility to users and video producers to maximize the token value. The economics for content creators are inherently superior on our open platform. While video producers will not stop uploading to YouTube from day one, they will tell their audience to go over to TV-TWO, because they earn more on our platform with every single view. This will lead to exclusive partnerships in the medium term.

Third-party exchanges will take care of providing a platform of exchange between tokens, cryptocurrencies and fiat.

Mm, it’s so nice indeed! For sure bloggers will tell viewers to follow them. For me as for a viewer it doesn’t matter at all which platform to use to watch my favorite channels. It must be convenient though. But I hope you will do your best working on the interface

I believe the interface is the most important thing. Ofc functionality of a service is obligatory, however you often choose between those two that differ from each other and always rely on how nice each of them is.
jttp (OP)

Activity: 179
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:09:27 PM

It is a good idea to increase the probability of mass adoption but what did you do to ensure a good anti-fraud system? it seems to me like you explained earlier that if I had 100 tv sets connected I could gain 100 times the average joe and not watching a single ads.

Our Anti-AFK System (thank you Titomonriki for the term!) includes sanity checks that are hard to answer for bots. We are doing some testing on this right now. Obviously something that grows with the app. I'll let you know, once I can share more details.
Casperok

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:59:26 PM

It is a good idea to increase the probability of mass adoption but what did you do to ensure a good anti-fraud system? it seems to me like you explained earlier that if I had 100 tv sets connected I could gain 100 times the average joe and not watching a single ads.

Our Anti-AFK System (thank you Titomonriki for the term!) includes sanity checks that are hard to answer for bots. We are doing some testing on this right now. Obviously something that grows with the app. I'll let you know, once I can share more details.

Anything but not a CAPTCHA pls  Grin Grin Grin

Is there a possibility that you will buy back the coins from the community?
jttp (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:07:35 PM

We are proposing a market maker: Any ETH committed beyond 90% of the hard cap will be locked for two years in a smart contract. The smart contract stabilizes the price of the TTV by automatically purchasing tokens, should the market price drop below the issue price.
Paparazek

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:09:23 PM

‘Since the number of TTV is fixed after the crowdsale, each issued token possesses the right to show sponsored messaged to a defined percentage of consumers that watch television through TV-TWO.’

It is quite clear. What advantage do the viewers get buying the coin?
Vurdalakus

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:07:16 PM

‘Since the number of TTV is fixed after the crowdsale, each issued token possesses the right to show sponsored messaged to a defined percentage of consumers that watch television through TV-TWO.’

You better read a whitepaper. There you can find a scheme - users need these coins for subscription fees. If you like, I think you can just change the coins for any other crypto. If not, then you will get some free coins to pay this Smiley
Titomonriki

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:23:23 PM

We are proposing a market maker: Any ETH committed beyond 90% of the hard cap will be locked for two years in a smart contract. The smart contract stabilizes the price of the TTV by automatically purchasing tokens, should the market price drop below the issue price.

That’s quite reasonable, seems like you want to speculate Smiley Have you developed this procedure yet? But you do not allow others to speculate. It’s a bit tricky
jttp (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:24:46 PM

They can acquire tokens now and hold them while more users come to the platform. This will increase the inherent value of the tokens as advertisers want to reach as many people on TV as possible.
jttp (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:27:50 PM

You better read a whitepaper. There you can find a scheme - users need these coins for subscription fees. If you like, I think you can just change the coins for any other crypto. If not, then you will get some free coins to pay this Smiley

Advertisers need coins to play ads. Users can simply buy coins during the crowdsale to have more than they would get through just watching TV. While users pass on tokens to organic content providers, they always receive more from advertisers. So users can come to the platform without having participated in the crowdsale.
Vurdalakus

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:42:33 PM

Advertisers need coins to play ads. Users can simply buy coins during the crowdsale to have more than they would get through just watching TV. While users pass on tokens to organic content providers, they always receive more from advertisers. So users can come to the platform without having participated in the crowdsale.

Then as I understand it’s more appropriate for advertisers and content makers to participate, but those viewers who decide to participate would also have a little advantage since they could speculate by holding the coins for a long time. Correct me if I was wrong!
mandarinka

Activity: 202

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:23:36 AM

will it be also possible not to play ads for some cost? for the fee that would be equivalently to reward for watching ads. if an advertiser want to pay $1, while a user want to get $1. But if he refused, he would not get $1, while an advertiser would not pay any. Fair!
kamarchek

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:43:56 AM

will it be also possible not to play ads for some cost? for the fee that would be equivalently to reward for watching ads. if an advertiser want to pay $1, while a user want to get $1. But if he refused, he would not get $1, while an advertiser would not pay any. Fair!

Support your view. Ad-free is an ordinary thing that is provided by almost any platform. Here we have an ability to refuse ads without any payments in fact.
OMLETovich

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:05:08 AM

I watch videos on YouTube at least an hour a day, I would be very happy if I could exchange the time of watching for turning ads off. On the PC you can always you Adblock, however, I mostly watch everything including films, series, TV-shows and streams on my smartphone.

Commercials are not so annoying if 1. You can choose from categories of the product the advertising companies offer
2. A particular commercial does not appear more than 5 times (honestly I would like to see any no more than 1 time  Grin )
3. It is interesting for me somehow (refers to the 1st point)
Logan22

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:10:35 PM

Do you mind to invent something like AppleTV?
Miraculously

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:57:05 PM

Honestly, do not understand for what purpose. On the other hand it is a good idea if it were possible to download films and if you are goint to add gaming content (I mean video games not the videos about games). Then it should be fair to think about such a device
Aberrant

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:31:26 PM

Honestly, do not understand for what purpose. On the other hand it is a good idea if it were possible to download films and if you are goint to add gaming content (I mean video games not the videos about games). Then it should be fair to think about such a device

To make it more popular of course! Imagine. Some people will come to TV-TWO because they are interested in joining blockchain, some will definitely follow their favorites, some may join in case they buy the device.
Noriman

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:45:41 PM

To make it more popular of course! Imagine. Some people will come to TV-TWO because they are interested in joining blockchain, some will definitely follow their favorites, some may join in case they buy the device.

I don’t think AppleTV makes apple more popular. However, it is a good complement to the video services.

I support this idea for sure. Obviously in the long run. Now it’s better to focus on stable service and attracting potential viewers.
jttp (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:56:33 PM

Then as I understand it’s more appropriate for advertisers and content makers to participate, but those viewers who decide to participate would also have a little advantage since they could speculate by holding the coins for a long time. Correct me if I was wrong!

You got it, Vurdalakus!
jttp (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:58:45 PM

You can decide how many sponsored videos you would like to see per hour. A totally ad-free experience is currently not planned, as part of the ad budget is passed on from the user to the content creator that needs to be rewarded for the work.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: