Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:13:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 [331] 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 ... 914 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining)  (Read 1079977 times)
aquarius

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 01:45:21 PM

As for me. LC is doing good enough for me to keep my shares. They have met their deadlines and the under-performance in the chip is expected. If they keep this up its going to be a good Halloween.

For those concern about my shares and me keeping them, thanks for telling me how to spend my money. I think I'm capable of doing that on my own.

how do you know they have met their deadlines?
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
velacreations

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 01:52:10 PM

the share price is having a hard time staying up, I don't see us testing .004 again until we get some hard evidence that things are actually working. Demand is currently weak.  

I'm watching to see transactions tagged with "Labcoin" on the blockchain.  That would be significant proof that they are hashing.

Locking the shares is an issue, and I'm wondering if some of these whale buys to prop up the price after hard falls are not people with inside information and/or LC team members themselves.  Either way, it would be nice to get some communication about that whole issue (that has been ignored).  I', holding back making an outright accusation at this point, because it is very hard to know, but it would be nice if LC could remove the doubt on this issue.

This company needs a proper "voice" to communicate well with the stockholders.  I like TheSwede, I think he's a good guy, but it seems like he's left in the dark as much as the rest of us.

So, Labcoin, here's my advice to you: stop making posts.  Send your communication through someone who knows the English language well enough that they may communicate effectively.  The questions/issues you need to address right now are the following:

1. What's up with the share locking?
2. Why not join a pool for now, so that we may all see details on the mining operation?
3. If pool mining is out of the question, can you show some additional evidence of hashing?
4. Please do not communicate further until the above items are addressed (you do more harm than good)

Take it for what it's worth, but if you want to look legit, you need to start acting the part.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 01:56:03 PM

Do we seriously have Bronies on these forums and using Bitcoins?

Sorry, couldn't resist.. Wink

Lol this thread and +1 for blockchain tags

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
jeffhuys

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 01:58:43 PM

No... Please... No ponies.

What's it with all the immature people here?  Huh

jeffhuys

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:19:20 PM

Being a brony has nothing to do with labcoin. Please...

jeffhuys

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:27:21 PM

Well, I'm blocking all pony images with adblock, seems like the way to go at the moment.  Cry

AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:29:32 PM

So, what's up guys ?
velacreations

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:41:18 PM

So, what's up guys ?

not the share price.

the share price is having a hard time staying up, I don't see us testing .004 again until we get some hard evidence that things are actually working. Demand is currently weak.  

I'm watching to see transactions tagged with "Labcoin" on the blockchain.  That would be significant proof that they are hashing.

Locking the shares is an issue, and I'm wondering if some of these whale buys to prop up the price after hard falls are not people with inside information and/or LC team members themselves.  Either way, it would be nice to get some communication about that whole issue (that has been ignored).  I', holding back making an outright accusation at this point, because it is very hard to know, but it would be nice if LC could remove the doubt on this issue.

This company needs a proper "voice" to communicate well with the stockholders.  I like TheSwede, I think he's a good guy, but it seems like he's left in the dark as much as the rest of us.

So, Labcoin, here's my advice to you: stop making posts.  Send your communication through someone who knows the English language well enough that they may communicate effectively.  The questions/issues you need to address right now are the following:

1. What's up with the share locking?
2. Why not join a pool for now, so that we may all see details on the mining operation?
3. If pool mining is out of the question, can you show some additional evidence of hashing?
4. Please do not communicate further until the above items are addressed (you do more harm than good)

Take it for what it's worth, but if you want to look legit, you need to start acting the part.

One more thing I forgot to add: When will the transaction tags be up?

boyohi

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:52:15 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2013, 03:26:46 PM by boyohi

As for me. LC is doing good enough for me to keep my shares. They have met their deadlines and the under-performance in the chip is expected. If they keep this up its going to be a good Halloween.

For those concern about my shares and me keeping them, thanks for telling me how to spend my money. I think I'm capable of doing that on my own.

At IPO they said they will have chips by end of August and expect to start hashing at beginning of September. They also mentioned 65nm chips in development.

The point of the IPO was to get the funds to produce the chips and the chips would arrive 4-5 after IPO. It arrived on time.

After the chips arrive they would sell some of the chips and start hashing with the rest.

All the while they are developing the 65nm chips.
velacreations

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:54:20 PM

The point of the IPO was to get the funds to produce the chips and the chips would arrive 4-5 after IPO. It arrived on time.

I think the question everyone is asking is how do you know the chips arrived on time?

aquarius

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:59:40 PM

At IPO they said they will have chips by end of August and expect to start hashing at beginning of September. They also mentioned 65nm chips in development.

After the chips arrive they would sell some of the chips and start hashing with the rest.

again how do you know they have met their deadlines? do you have any information the rest of us does not? or do you just trust their statements?
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:01:45 PM

So let's be clear here-

This company has announced the start of operations. This means that their plan is working. They have encountered no major technical roadblocks. They have executed, and done so on schedule.

Everyone here, in this thread full of absolute geniuses, spends their time concocting more and more ridiculous scenarios under which the whole thing is a scam.

Share price goes right back to where it was before the announcement, indicating there is the exact same amount of uncertainty as before.

Only there isn't. There's more fantasized uncertainty, but the major areas of uncertainty have been removed.

You guys are clowns, and I'm enjoying watching you dance.

Dance clowns, dance!

Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:06:57 PM

again how do you know they have met their deadlines? do you have any information the rest of us does not? or do you just trust their statements?

They're going to show pictures, and the clowns are going to do the "Pictures Are Fake!!!!" dance.

They're going to stamp blocks, and the clowns are going to do the "They Bought Hardware!!!!" dance.

They're going to pay dividends, and the clowns are going to do the "They're Using IPO Money!!!!"' dance.

Nothing is going to be presented that the clowns are not going to assail.

At some point, you really must learn to think for yourself.

Or not. Don't, that's fine.  I'll take your share of the profits.

boyohi

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:07:25 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2013, 03:26:35 PM by boyohi

Right now there is no way to prove if they are telling the truth or lying. I choose to give them the benefit of doubt because they give me no reason to do otherwise. They didn't accept preorders for their chips and they could have gotten 2x-3x their IPO ask price but chose not to.
redphlegm

Activity: 246

My spoon is too big!

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:10:27 PM

It seems to me, given the history of how this has progressed, that there is a bit of a pattern. I don't know whether to attribute it to benefitting insiders or the less nefarious angle of rewarding those with faith. As the bitcoin community tends to be rather fickle (and let's face it, generally less mature than standard street investing), coddling can get rather tiresome. So make an announcement with little obvious evidence, price temporarily spikes, those who still believe either hold or sell to improve position in the subsequent correction due to no "evidence". Position is improved when buying back a bit lower (don't know what the average time frame is on this but it seems to be within a week of the news) and then shortly thereafter is the evidence. This causes another spike, marginal sustained increase in price floor, and interest wanes again waiting for the next bit of news. Maybe I'm alone here but if I were running things, I would probably care more about getting shit done than I would placating the skeptical investors that are most likely only looking for short-term gains.

Just a casual, and admittedly somewhat unfounded, observation. Feel free to disagree completely. Smiley

Whiskey Fund: (BTC) 1whiSKeYMRevsJMAQwU8NY1YhvPPMjTbM | (Ψ) ALcoHoLsKUfdmGfHVXEShtqrEkasihVyqW
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:14:22 PM

It seems to me, given the history of how this has progressed, that there is a bit of a pattern. I don't know whether to attribute it to benefitting insiders or the less nefarious angle of rewarding those with faith. As the bitcoin community tends to be rather fickle (and let's face it, generally less mature than standard street investing), coddling can get rather tiresome. So make an announcement with little obvious evidence, price temporarily spikes, those who still believe either hold or sell to improve position in the subsequent correction due to no "evidence". Position is improved when buying back a bit lower (don't know what the average time frame is on this but it seems to be within a week of the news) and then shortly thereafter is the evidence. This causes another spike, marginal sustained increase in price floor, and interest wanes again waiting for the next bit of news. Maybe I'm alone here but if I were running things, I would probably care more about getting shit done than I would placating the skeptical investors that are most likely only looking for short-term gains.

Just a casual, and admittedly somewhat unfounded, observation. Feel free to disagree completely. Smiley

disagree completely, as my unfounded observations are plainly superior to your unfounded observations. Smiley

j/k btw. You made some good points.

aquarius

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:14:54 PM

Right now there is no way to prove if they are telling the truth or lying. I choose to give them the benefit of doubt because they give me no reason to do otherwise. They didn't accept preorders for their chips and they could have gotten 2x-3x their IPO ask price but chose not to.

ok, just so that we are clear on what you base your belief. and so that nobody new in this thread gets the impression that anything concrete has ever been displayed or presented.

what we have so far are only empty statements and no evidence to the contrary.
boyohi

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:26:20 PM

The burden of proof is on you if you want to call it a scam. I think most people have you ignored. So I'm just going to clean up the quote a little so they don't have to read you.
velacreations

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:27:04 PM

So let's be clear here-

This company has announced the start of operations. This means that their plan is working. They have encountered no major technical roadblocks. They have executed, and done so on schedule.

Everyone here, in this thread full of absolute geniuses, spends their time concocting more and more ridiculous scenarios under which the whole thing is a scam.

Share price goes right back to where it was before the announcement, indicating there is the exact same amount of uncertainty as before.

Only there isn't. There's more fantasized uncertainty, but the major areas of uncertainty have been removed.

actually, there is still a lot of uncertainty.  If what they say is true, they have been able to bring 2 TH online.  That's a great first step, but it is by no means conclusive that they can meet their proposed plans.

The uncertainty and lack of information about the share locks is another issue that has been failed to be addressed.

I have yet to see a block stamped "Labcoin", so there is no evidence that they are actually mining.

Joining a pool (third party confirmation) or stamping blocks would remove some uncertainty, but the fact remains that bringing 2 TH online is not the same thing as bringing 300 TH online.  So, there will still be a significant level of uncertainty until we see them perform at much higher levels.

Their communication needs to be improved.  

Don't get me wrong, I own shares, and I'm holding.  BUT, I do see some blatant issues that continue to be ignored/overlooked, and the more they do this, the less credibility they have.  IMO, these posts without corresponding evidence hurts their credibility more than it helps.

velacreations

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:29:18 PM

The burden of proof is on you if you want to call it a scam. I think most people have you ignored. So I'm just going to clean up the quote a little so they don't have to read you.

That's ridiculous.  The burden of proof is squarely on the shoulders of Labcoin to back their statements and address the numerous issues that shareholders feel are important.  They are the ones making claims, here.  Claims like "we're hashing" should be accompanied by evidence (stamped blocks and/or pool mining).

Pages: « 1 ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 [331] 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 ... 914 »
  Print  

Jump to: