Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:17:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 [746] 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 ... 914 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining)  (Read 1079977 times)
moneymanagment

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 03:47:08 AM

Now that all the scared children have run for the hills with there losses we can finally really trade without the minipulator and day traders who've gotten screwed. Now it actually a investment. Watch the price rise into the morning mark my words

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JohnyBigs

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 03:51:33 AM

Now that all the scared children have run for the hills with there losses we can finally really trade without the minipulator and day traders who've gotten screwed. Now it actually a investment. Watch the price rise into the morning mark my words

Why would the price rise?

went from 800GH to 0-300GH
Howard the main engineer, is gone and is not even in China anymore: http://www.linkedin.com/in/howardwangzhenhua
Swede and Same making bullshit deadlines that they always miss.

Duffer1

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 03:52:11 AM

That won't happen unless positive hashrate growth occurs.
JohnyBigs

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 03:52:42 AM

HOWARD THE ONLY PERSON INVOLVED WITH THE CHIP DESIGN IS GONE. LET THAT SINK IN A LITTLE

Researcher
ITU
September 2013 – Present (1 month)San Jose
Team Leader

Research Institute of Tsinghua University in Shenzhen
November 2011 – August 2013 (1 year 10 months)Shenzhen
Wireless communication & embedded system design
JohnyBigs

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 03:54:18 AM

Anybody buying now is completely retarded with their Gen 1 chip designer gone.
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 04:13:41 AM

Reversed your position and bought back in, then?
BitCsByBit

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 04:17:51 AM

Where are they going to house 500TH? How many blades is that?
I'm pretty sure they wont be hashing with most of those, and they will be sold with a lot smaller mark up then before. After all, they are 130nm, and not many people will be that interested to buy unless it is very cheap GH/$.
those blades will likely add 50K-100K btc in revenue over the next 2 months (even at significantly reduced margins).

Also, isn't the share price only about 30% of what it was a couple of months back?
they're still a long ways from IPO price, and they've paid that back several times in dividends.

Anyway, they match quite well to the dividend/share price ratio I was talking about a few pages back.  Their last dividend makes the current price a fair value.  That's why there is a lot of support at current prices.

Labcon has a long way to drop to hit fair share value.

I like how you're trying to deflect, but it doesn't really change the fact that LC is headed to 1/10th IPO price.

Yes, they will probably sell at around the cost price, but there won't be much profit from it.

I never said that Labcoin is worth more than what it is now. If you check back, I actually said that I believe the prices will dip further as there is uncertainty regarding the exchange and when they will resolve the issues.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=263445.msg3244075#msg3244075

You never answered my question regarding the ASICMiners current network share. They have been down to about 1-2% for a couple weeks now.

You also didn't respond to ASICMiner chips  being "two weeks late" that friedcat posted a few days ago.

I like how you only pick some parts of my post trying to deflect that even ASICMiner is experiencing issues.

How long did it take from the ASICMiner IPO, to them paying dividends, and subsequently paying back the IPO price?

Tipsy jar: 1HgfLMXiJQj9KZ7abLRh9rWuR7dgeSyub4
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 04:24:58 AM

I'm pretty sure they wont be hashing with most of those, and they will be sold with a lot smaller mark up then before. After all, they are 130nm, and not many people will be that interested to buy unless it is very cheap GH/$.
those blades will likely add 50K-100K btc in revenue over the next 2 months (even at significantly reduced margins).

Also, isn't the share price only about 30% of what it was a couple of months back?
they're still a long ways from IPO price, and they've paid that back several times in dividends.

Anyway, they match quite well to the dividend/share price ratio I was talking about a few pages back.  Their last dividend makes the current price a fair value.  That's why there is a lot of support at current prices.

I like how you're trying to deflect, but it doesn't really change the fact that LC is headed to 1/10th IPO price.

Yes, they will probably sell at around the cost price, but there won't be much profit from it.

I never said that Labcoin is worth more than what it is now. If you check back, I actually said that I believe the prices will dip further as there is uncertainty regarding the exchange and when they will resolve the issues.

You never answered my question regarding the ASICMiners current network share. They have been down to about 1-2% for a couple weeks now.

You also didn't respond to ASICMiner chips  being "two weeks late" that friedcat posted a few days ago.

I like how you only pick some parts of my post trying to deflect that even ASICMiner is experiencing issues.

How long did it take from the ASICMiner IPO, to them paying dividends, and subsequently paying back the IPO price?

Yes, AM has their own problem, but apparently Labcoin now has much bigger issue to worry. Labcoin has much more uncertainty and meanwhile much more potential upside now.

But anyway, I don't think it is the good time and place to compare AM and Labcoin here now. Smiley
JohnyBigs

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 04:29:56 AM

Yes, AM has their own problem, but apparently Labcoin now has much bigger issue to worry. Labcoin has much more uncertainty and meanwhile much more potential upside now.

But anyway, I don't think it is the good time and place to compare AM and Labcoin here now. Smiley

Like their head engineer being in a different continent
BitCsByBit

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 04:34:24 AM

True that, I'm just pointing to vela that his well established AM is experiencing issues right now, and no one believed that would ever happen.

So it is not a big surprise that a start-up like Labcoin would experience them as well.

Edit: Funny that even friedcat used the phrase "two weeks" delay.

Tipsy jar: 1HgfLMXiJQj9KZ7abLRh9rWuR7dgeSyub4
WikileaksDude

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 04:41:24 AM

Just wanted to pass by this thread and say good nite to Labcoin share holders.

sleep tight

superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 05:07:17 AM

Why would the price rise?

went from 800GH to 0-300GH
Howard the main engineer, is gone and is not even in China anymore: http://www.linkedin.com/in/howardwangzhenhua
Swede and Same making bullshit deadlines that they always miss.

someone send him a message asking what's up

ok
Zubilica

Activity: 837

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 05:09:42 AM

The real panic now begins. The price has dipped below IPO price, if any of the big wales with +500K shares wants a quick exit there will be blood.
ltiv

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 05:13:07 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2013, 05:25:55 AM by ltiv

(Yawn) Morning everyone.

It's good to see Labcoin hashing again but judging from the recent line of payments, it's less then what was promised however it's a start (I guess - personally an optimistic view). They are getting paid every hour (or so) BTC0.50.05 (my bad), if you look at their payments before they ceased (skipping the incoming payments from 'other sources') we can see that they get paid BTC1.5 every two or three hours. So, if I'm not mistaken, the current line of payments would suggest that their hashrates would be 'somewhat' and I quote somewhat for a reason, similar if not less then before.

I would like to see however, labcoin see to it personally that we reach a certain quota of their promised hashrate soon, not because it'll impact the share prices but because of their rapidly decreasing reputation is on the line. Reaching a certain quota say 20% or 40% of their promised hashrate before the week ends proves to their stakeholders that they are working as hard as they can to restore the lost trust in them. It would also prove many things; one of which would be the fact that they're working on providing a sound solution to their current 'problems' (stability). While 20% or 40% of their promised hashrate may not be anywhere near enough, it'll be a good start for restoring consumer confidence (not every stakeholder is as negative as you think, showing signs of improvement isn't a bad way to start either).

That ofcourse, included that you (labcoin) somehow work out a means of communication with your current stakeholder or PR regarding what issues you are arising and how you are going abouts to fix it, this wouldn't be soo bad on your stakeholders confidence. This may or may not seem like a good idea to some people but maybe, starting a twitter account (yes, this site is blocked in china but assuming you use a VPN - I'm sure you can bypass it) and posting constant updates of your current situation may improve whatnot, not everything has to be made complicated via a third party.

Constant was bold-ed for a reason, if there are constant updates - the amount of people doubting your level of dedication to resolving the issues and getting the operation to a new level would significantly decrease, this would be one of many ways to decrease the mistrust some investors have right now in the company.

Hurray for an essay early in the morning!
Note: Obviously is my favourite word and I'm sure most of you recognise that from my previous line of comments, got a problem (?) Cool
redbeans2012

Activity: 887

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 05:24:01 AM

(Yawn) Morning everyone.

It's good to see Labcoin hashing again but judging from the recent line of payments, it's less then what was promised however it's a start (I guess - personally an optimistic view). They are getting paid every hour (or so) BTC0.5, if you look at their payments before they ceased (skipping the incoming payments from 'other sources') we can see that they get paid BTC1.5 every two or three hours. So, if I'm not mistaken, the current line of payments would suggest that their hashrates would be 'somewhat' and I quote somewhat for a reason, similar if not less then before.

I would like to see however, labcoin see to it personally that we reach a certain quota of their promised hashrate soon, not because it'll impact the share prices but because of their rapidly decreasing reputation is on the line. Reaching a certain quota say 20% or 40% of their promised hashrate before the week ends proves to their stakeholders that they are working as hard as they can to restore the lost trust in them. It would also prove many things; one of which would be the fact that they're working on providing a sound solution to their current 'problems' (stability). While 20% or 40% of their promised hashrate may not be anywhere near enough, it'll be a good start for restoring consumer confidence (not every stakeholder is as negative as you think, showing signs of improvement isn't a bad way to start either).

That ofcourse, included that you (labcoin) somehow work out a means of communication with your current stakeholder or PR regarding what issues you are arising and how you are going abouts to fix it, this wouldn't be soo bad on your stakeholders confidence. This may or may not seem like a good idea to some people but maybe, starting a twitter account (yes, this site is blocked in china but assuming you use a VPN - I'm sure you can bypass it) and posting constant updates of your current situation may improve whatnot, not everything has to be made complicated via a third party.

Constant was bold-ed for a reason, if there are constant updates - the amount of people doubting your level of dedication to resolving the issues and getting the operation to a new level would significantly decrease, this would be one of many ways to decrease the mistrust some investors have right now in the company.

Note: Obviously is my favourite word and I'm sure most of you recognise that from my previous line of comments, got a problem (?) Cool

.05 every hour not .5
ltiv

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 05:28:40 AM

(Yawn) Morning everyone.

It's good to see Labcoin hashing again but judging from the recent line of payments, it's less then what was promised however it's a start (I guess - personally an optimistic view). They are getting paid every hour (or so) BTC0.5, if you look at their payments before they ceased (skipping the incoming payments from 'other sources') we can see that they get paid BTC1.5 every two or three hours. So, if I'm not mistaken, the current line of payments would suggest that their hashrates would be 'somewhat' and I quote somewhat for a reason, similar if not less then before.

.05 every hour not .5
My bad, fixed (Wow, extremely less then before). Though, the rest of my comment stands - it would absolutely benefit both parties if they work out a sound solution in communication with both stakeholders and PR, even if it's just 'Hi guys, we're working on fixing a problem right now' - atleast, it'll give a slight indication the team is trying to fix something. Communication is vital to the success of any company.
redbeans2012

Activity: 887

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 05:30:28 AM

(Yawn) Morning everyone.

.05 every hour not .5
My bad, fixed (Wow, extremely less then before). Though, the rest of my comment stands - it would absolutely benefit both parties if they work out a sound solution in communication with both stakeholders and PR, even if it's just 'Hi guys, we're working on fixing a problem right now' - atleast, it'll give a slight indication the team is trying to fix something. Communication is vital to the success of any company.

Sadly they seem to dig themselves deeper every post they make.
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 05:34:28 AM

The real panic now begins. The price has dipped below IPO price, if any of the big wales with +500K shares wants a quick exit there will be blood.

500K -> 0.00025 for around 270BTC, that's 0.00054 per share. A big whale normally will not do this silly thing to halve his wealth in one second.
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 05:37:56 AM

They keep silent because there's no good news to post, or they want to buy back all their shares at 0.0001. Smiley
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 05:44:37 AM

(Yawn) Morning everyone.

.05 every hour not .5

Sadly they seem to dig themselves deeper every post they make.

Actually,  maybe they really do not care about the current share price. Before the stock is relisted, their income is completely from the dividend, which has nothing to do with the share price. If share price drops to 0.0001, they can buy all shares back with 1/10 IPO money.

That's why I insist don't sell shares because you hate them. Selling shares does not hurt them but ourselves. We only sell when we are sure the stock is overpriced, not because we want to punish someone or we hate someone.
Pages: « 1 ... 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 [746] 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 ... 914 »
  Print  

Jump to: