Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:05:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 [801] 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 ... 914 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining)  (Read 1079977 times)
abuelau

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

www.coinschedule.com

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 05:23:12 PM

I have started to investigate other scams to see if they might link together.

CedarTec's website looks similar in visuals to LabCoin's.
http://cedartec.net
http://labcoin.com

Some of similarities I find:

1. Strong emphasis on good looking pictures.
2. Logo placed at same top-left spot of the site.
3. Logo of same design - two graphic elements combined with company name (also two-words combined)
4. Usage of three column design of website.
5. Footers mix same elements. Use of word "Tec". Mixing different separators.
2013 | CedarTec - Kassem Mourad, Tripoli - Lebanon | All rights reserved.
Copyright labcoin / iTec Pro Limited - Hong Kong 2013 - All rights reserved
6. All devices on pictures are shown from exactly same angle.
Left device from straight front.
Middle turned clockwise, shows efficiency of cooling,
Right turned anticlockwise. Emphasis on interiors (fans, psu, leds while labcoin's show the board).
All pictures are shown from exact same angles.
Use of plastic/rubber stands at bottom of devices or round curves in both designs also match.

All those things are far from being proof of any kind, but shows that both designers had common sense of art.

LOL..

Know what's happening in cryptoworld: www.coinschedule.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fordee

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 05:43:50 PM

Official Labcoin's Office:

In response to the upcoming IRC chat, and the inevitable good new, I give you the *Labcoin Investment Group* --> http://burymewithmymoney.com/

ltiv

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 05:45:28 PM

I have started to investigate other scams to see if they might link together.

CedarTec's website looks similar in visuals to LabCoin's.
http://cedartec.net
http://labcoin.com

Some of similarities I find:

1. Strong emphasis on good looking pictures.
2. Logo placed at same top-left spot of the site.
3. Logo of same design - two graphic elements combined with company name (also two-words combined)
4. Usage of three column design of website.
5. Footers mix same elements. Use of word "Tec". Mixing different separators.
2013 | CedarTec - Kassem Mourad, Tripoli - Lebanon | All rights reserved.
Copyright labcoin / iTec Pro Limited - Hong Kong 2013 - All rights reserved
6. All devices on pictures are shown from exactly same angle.
Left device from straight front.
Middle turned clockwise, shows efficiency of cooling,
Right turned anticlockwise. Emphasis on interiors (fans, psu, leds while labcoin's show the board).
All pictures are shown from exact same angles.
Use of plastic/rubber stands at bottom of devices or round curves in both designs also match.

All those things are far from being proof of any kind, but shows that both designers had common sense of art.

This is just an observation from a previous website operator.

1. Obviously.
2. 8/10 would place their logo on the top-left as well.
3. No comment, (insert joke).
4. Yes, they're basically scamming because they've used a layout which suits their purpose.
5. It's called being professional.
6. No comment, again (insert joke).

You might've realised this already, if not then well let me briefly explain it. Most I.T. company orientated use similar concepts in advertising their site, it's called trying to be professional. Making your site look professional doesn't scare customers, it attracts customers (I'm sure you'd study this in business or marketing classes already, but this is just a simple reminder).

Again, I understand where you are coming from but as a website operator in the past. I just wanted to point out, just because something uses a similar concept in advertising their company or site does not make them necessarily a scam, it would be rather hilarious if you accused 99% of the I.T. industries website for being scam given their similarities to each other. I would call it, using another company as part of an inspiration for designing your own website or company layout, it does happen more then you think.

P.S. I am just pointing out a common misconception regarding the analysis of layout and how they link to scams when clearly it's ambigious without sufficient proofs. Using a website for a company and saying they are a scamming company just because of the website is the same thing as going for a swim at the local volcanoes, it doesn't work.
dRMergatroid

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 05:51:16 PM

Hey Everyone!
I have a Bag!
A very Nice Expensive Bag.
Maybe this bag will be full of money one day.

And maybe Sam Noi will come out of a cave where he's been hiding with Bin Laden, and give us an update on the war in Afghanistan and give us pictures of his and Osama's mining rigs. 50TH worth. Yay. I live in hope.
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 06:01:01 PM

Hey Everyone!
I have a Bag!
A very Nice Expensive Bag.
Maybe this bag will be full of money one day.

And maybe Sam Noi will come out of a cave where he's been hiding with Bin Laden, and give us an update on the war in Afghanistan and give us pictures of his and Osama's mining rigs. 50TH worth. Yay. I live in hope.

Just as likely they will fail. But it isn't an outright scam, that's just idiotic

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 06:11:26 PM

My view is that it's not a scam, just a fuckup. The fuckup was compounded by sam coming on here and making promises he couldn't deliver on. (like "we'll be back on the btcguild top 25 in an hour!") which made it look a lot more like a scam and like he was completely incompetent.

KS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 06:30:00 PM

---  So honest question, as I obviously just don't quite understand.

If there is a supposed trainwreck coming, and BTCT is closing, so share's can't be traded past oct 7th anyway..

...  and if there were 10Mil shares issued (7mill to the public..whatever..)..  

So, why are there only about ONE Million shares up for asks at the moment..  

It's like..   9 out of 10 bagholders prefer labcoin?

Help me understand.

Undecided

These are just the open asks (the rest is "hidden"). You could sell 10M shares at once by filling the bid side, without having to put your shares on the ask side first.
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

My view is that it's not a scam, just a fuckup. The fuckup was compounded by sam coming on here and making promises he couldn't deliver on. (like "we'll be back on the btcguild top 25 in an hour!") which made it look a lot more like a scam and like he was completely incompetent.

Yes and probably shitting the backlash from the community, look at the thread 500 pages ago. He was getting the Spanish Inquisition from the fudsters, I would say fuck it and not communicate and put the effort into getting it fixed. Then the hardware fails for whatever reason, shit what do I do? Ill have my arse handed to me again, ill just say 2 weeks. Finally I realise I need help and pay for external help. Just a view, might be right, might be wrong.

Either way time has come for an open book and some honesty, Sam fucked up hard not coming to the community for help, if he had he would of gained trust and we would have more information. I just hope this QA goes through and we get information.

KS

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 06:32:10 PM

Yes and probably shitting the backlash from the community, look at the thread 500 pages ago. He was getting the Spanish Inquisition from the fudsters, I would say fuck it and not communicate and put the effort into getting it fixed. Then the hardware fails for whatever reason, shit what do I do? Ill have my arse handed to me again, ill just say 2 weeks. Finally I realise I need help and pay for external help. Just a view, might be right, might be wrong.

Either way time has come for an open book and some honesty, Sam fucked up hard not coming to the community for help, if he had he would of gained trust and we would have more information. I just hope this QA goes through and we get information.

IF this is not a scam, what it shows is that he/they don't care about their shareholders, which is bad for the potential returns and makes this a bad investment ANYWAY.
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 06:41:40 PM

Yes and probably shitting the backlash from the community, look at the thread 500 pages ago. He was getting the Spanish Inquisition from the fudsters, I would say fuck it and not communicate and put the effort into getting it fixed. [etc., etc.]

It didn't start out as a scam.  He wasn't a bright child, but he was likable and played well with others...  Somewhere between then and now something went wrong, and now we're here, and here sure looks, smells & acts like a scam.
Wut do Huh
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 06:53:59 PM

IF this is not a scam, what it shows is that he/they don't care about their shareholders, which is bad for the potential returns and makes this a bad investment ANYWAY.

No Sam has said wait a month, he doesn't care about the day traders only the holders. Big difference, the day traders are causing the shit and causing long term holders to sell, the manipulation is strong in this one

KS

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 06:56:04 PM

Wut do Huh

Гeй-Пpaйд ?
KS

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 06:57:50 PM

No Sam has said wait a month, he doesn't care about the day traders only the holders. Big difference, the day traders are causing the shit and causing long term holders to sell, the manipulation is strong in this one

That statement makes no sense. If you care about the holders, you don't destroy the value of their investment by NOT communicating.

It is precisely because of their miscommunication that there is so much volatility in the stock and that the day traders are having a field day.
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 07:01:14 PM

Long term holders aren't too fussed in short term prices, to be frank him and the fudsters have enabled a lot of us to increase our stakes and average our costs well below IPO, sure I will lose more coin than just my ipo stake but the hypothetical returns are far greater. You either believe or you don't, but one way or another I'm not selling till next year

crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 07:04:32 PM

Gay pride in cyrillics Huh
KS

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 07:06:42 PM

Long term holders aren't too fussed in short term prices, to be frank him and the fudsters have enabled a lot of us to increase our stakes and average our costs well below IPO, sure I will lose more coin than just my ipo stake but the hypothetical returns are far greater. You either believe or you don't, but one way or another I'm not selling till next year

This is the typical making of a con. When you end up at the point where "You either believe or you don't", you've been had.

There is NOTHING about belief here, this is not a religion. Disclosure is not optional.
KS

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 07:09:15 PM

You seemed lost Grin
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 07:13:44 PM

I am so happy now that I know that you'll be one of the bagholders. Some of the people here don't deserve to lose, but you certainly do! Smiley

I can afford it and will admit I am wrong if it fails, what will you do when LC reaches its ATH in the next month?

KS

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 07:15:49 PM

I can afford it and will admit I am wrong if it fails, what will you do when LC reaches its ATH in the next month?

No trading on BTCT.co after the 7th and no new exchange (yet). ATL is more likely on 6/10.
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 07:27:13 PM

No trading on BTCT.co after the 7th and no new exchange (yet). ATL is more likely on 6/10.

We should agree to disagree. Only time will tell

Pages: « 1 ... 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 [801] 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 ... 914 »
  Print  

Jump to: