Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:00:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 [804] 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 ... 914 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining)  (Read 1079977 times)
zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 10:39:14 PM

You arrogant Yank!

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 10:42:27 PM

If an exchange is operating legally in another country the US can do bugger all about it. The US do not rule the world.
Terrible advice. I hope you don't get paid for it.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 10:54:00 PM

How did that work out for Liberty Reserve?

Are you unable to read up for yourself then? The US authorities did not shut down LR, Costa Rican authorities applied the pressure. If an exchange is operating legally in another country the US can do bugger all about it. The US do not rule the world.

Liberty Reserve was denied a business license in Costa Rica, according to state prosecutor José Pablo González, due to lack of transparency about how the business was funded.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty_Reserve

You, sir, are incredibly naive. The US exerts enormous influence around the world - it's very likely that local regulations will closely align with US regulations, meaning that if US customers are not allowed to open accounts then local regulators will help enforce these requirements. There may be some countries where this doesn't apply, but it will certainly be the exception.

dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 10:55:32 PM

So, when does the Q&A starts?

It was 22 hrs ago when he said 'tomorrow'.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:00:17 PM

So, when does the Q&A starts?

It was 22 hrs ago when he said 'tomorrow'.

It's 7AM HK time. If we don't get anything in the next 5 hours, then that's going to be disappointing.

Pompobit

Activity: 736
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:18:11 PM

Just read whole the BDT thread and I'm now pretty sure that labcoin is Alberto Armandi.
The grammar is remarkably similar, so as the contents (and continued delayes).

But what seems very odd, is the same non-use of capital letter for "I":

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=93445.msg1109892#msg1109892

I am not qualified in hardware development, i do have a general IT background and have managed several software development projects.
We will try our best to reply all questions during the session tomorrow.

Dividend day was previously miscalculated, i apologize, expect the first payment on Tue 24/9 and mining address proof in less than 24 hours as promised.

The team is scattered on various countries, thus we have to coordinate to release anything. I'll see if i can get a screenshot of the hashing rate or something, but more pictures will be posted in the next few days, we will deploy the same mechanism ASICMINER uses for signing found blocks and publish them on our website.

and so on...
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:19:24 PM

The US cannot dictate to every other citizen of the world how they must operate their exchanges.

They can and do if it is deemed these exchanges target US customers. Please read before making baseless assumptions.
BTW, its not just the US doing it, most countries protect their markets from unregistered securities.

gramma

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:25:17 PM

Just read all the BDT thread and I'm now pretty sure that labcoin is Alberto Armandi.
The grammar is remarkably similar, so as the contents (and continued delayes).

But what seems very odd, is the same non-use of capital letter for "I":

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=93445.msg1109892#msg1109892

I am not qualified in hardware development, i do have a general IT background and have managed several software development projects.
We will try our best to reply all questions during the session tomorrow.

Dividend day was previously miscalculated, i apologize, expect the first payment on Tue 24/9 and mining address proof in less than 24 hours as promised.

The team is scattered on various countries, thus we have to coordinate to release anything. I'll see if i can get a screenshot of the hashing rate or something, but more pictures will be posted in the next few days, we will deploy the same mechanism ASICMINER uses for signing found blocks and publish them on our website.

and so on...

And I caught grief a million pages ago - was it just yesterday? - for pointing out the grammar.  Thanks for bringing in these examples.  Capitalizing "io" is not a feature of Italian...  Also, "the team is scattered on various countries".  Dunno if people should be focusing on the HK time zone.

BTC: 1MrNRPo7p8DEyxn87c9BCGwrbatBQeCHc1
TheSwede75 (OP)

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:36:31 PM

I just wanted to visit real quick and let people know that I will not be moderating or participating in the IRC Q/A. I was for a long time, and would still be happy to relay news for Labcoin but the fact is that I have had very little to report lately and had to withstand quite a few accusations from several people on the forum.

Without information to provide, and having been put in a situation where I had to "break my word" several times to simply to lack of communication i have full understanding that investors and the public in general is upset but the fact is that I have never had any inside information on the project and have always just attempted to relay the status and information that I have been provided with.

For what it's worth I still don't see any reason to believe the project is a Scam and I myself have not, and do not intend to sell the shares I own.

This post is not means as critique towards Labcoin, but I feel that to regain confidence the Labcoin team themselves need to answer the questions from the forum directly so that there is just no possibility for any misunderstanding or miscommunication.

Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:38:50 PM

I just wanted to visit real quick and let people know that I will not be moderating or participating in the IRC Q/A. I was for a long time, and would still be happy to relay news for Labcoin but the fact is that I have had very little to report lately and had to withstand quite a few accusations from several people on the forum.

Without information to provide, and having been put in a situation where I had to "break my word" several times to simply to lack of communication i have full understanding that investors and the public in general is upset but the fact is that I have never had any inside information on the project and have always just attempted to relay the status and information that I have been provided with.

For what it's worth I still don't see any reason to believe the project is a Scam and I myself have not, and do not intend to sell the shares I own.

This post is not means as critique towards Labcoin, but I feel that to regain confidence the Labcoin team themselves need to answer the questions from the forum directly so that there is just no possibility for any misunderstanding or miscommunication.

Prove it. Make your portfolio public. If you do not then you've done nothing to change the opulent perception the community has of you.
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:40:59 PM

Please tell us why you don't think it's a scam so we can share your enthusiasm.
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 11:42:33 PM

Actually this good post. Thanks for your honesty.

Though this has not much to do with you anyway, it was "labcoin" who made the announcement. It's also quite obvious that you are just being used and labcoin is the real villain here.

That said, too bad you don't like to participate, not even passive. Wink

dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:44:16 PM

Does the Swede or anyone else at least know what time the IRC Q&A will be?  Huh
Luckybit

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:46:56 PM

Does the Swede or anyone else at least know what time the IRC Q&A will be?  Huh

It's going to be another broken promise. Then he will come back and convince the next line of suckers to buy because a sucker is born every minute.

If you like to day trade you can make profits as it crashes down to 0.00001.
TheSwede75 (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:47:17 PM

Prove it. Make your portfolio public. If you do not then you've done nothing to change the opulent perception the community has of you.

I own other shares then Labcoin and prefer not to make my portfolio public, but to give some insight I can say that I currently own 30.000 shares in Labcoin at an average purchase price of around 0.0027.

Given that I purchased shares in the IPO and did sell some several weeks ago I will likely still end up making some Coin but I can assure you that any idea that I would have made anywhere even remotely close to 900BTC is absolutely false.

As for holding the shares still, I feel that the Project still has a chance of turning a bad situation around. Only time will tell if I am correct of course.
TheSwede75 (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:48:36 PM

Actually this good post. Thanks for your honesty.

Though this has not much to do with you anyway, it was "labcoin" who made the announcement. It's also quite obvious that you are just being used and labcoin is the real villain here.

That said, too bad you don't like to participate, not even passive. Wink

I will absolutely monitor and read the Q/A. I just don't feel that it's right to out myself in a situation where I could possibly effect or misunderstand anything.
TheSwede75 (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:49:36 PM

Does the Swede or anyone else at least know what time the IRC Q&A will be?  Huh

I have not getting any information from the team regarding the Q/A.
Luckybit

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:49:55 PM

I own other shares then Labcoin and prefer not to make my portfolio public, but to give some insight I can say that I currently own 30.000 shares in Labcoin at an average purchase price of around 0.0027.

Given that I purchased shares in the IPO and did sell some several weeks ago I will likely still end up making some Coin but I can assure you that any idea that I would have made anywhere even remotely close to 900BTC is absolutely false.

As for holding the shares still, I feel that the Project still has a chance of turning a bad situation around. Only time will tell if I am correct of course.

I don't accuse you of making 900BTC. Can you post a screen shot of your portfolio and redact everything except for the Labcoin portion? That would be enough to satisfy us.

We do not want to invade your privacy. We just want some transparency with so much money on the line and so many dreams at stake. If you have 30,000 shares then you know how it feels to see the price going to 0.00001 with no indication of recovery or even an exchange.
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:54:25 PM

theSwede, who all have you had contact with?

Alessia? If so, when was the last time?
Sam? If so, were you on a Skype or phone conversation where you could infer nationality?
TheSwede75 (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:55:45 PM

I don't accuse you of making 900BTC. Can you post a screen shot of your portfolio and redact everything except for the Labcoin portion? That would be enough to satisfy us.

We do not want to invade your privacy. We just want some transparency with so much money on the line and so many dreams at stake. If you have 30,000 shares then you know how it feels to see the price going to 0.00001 with no indication of recovery or even an exchange.

I am mobile right now and with no Yubikey access (my choice of 2 factor) but can definitely post a screenshot of this in a few hours at the latest.

And I totally understand how people feel. With my purchase average I can't say that the current stock price makes me smile even the least.
Pages: « 1 ... 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 [804] 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 ... 914 »
  Print  

Jump to: