Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:51:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Long term vs. Short term  (Read 11488 times)
Jacklowo
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 04:45:04 AM

long-term and short-term are actually the same, only the difference from the amount of profits. long term is more profitable and the benefits are also high. while the short term benefits depend on us how we sell it.
It seems to me that if you answer the question posed and look at everything through the prism of the current state of the crypto-currency market, then in any case, before you expect a certain profit, you need to wait for the market to stabilize. As a result, the results will bring only long-term investments.
Of course, one can understand your fears, but if the market is in a bad condition, all still have a percentage of fluctuation and therefore you can earn on the difference in price. This is how you can buy coins for a short time.
the market will have a bullrun and bullish cycle,
if you play the short-term market it's great to gain profits
Sir Legend

Activity: 1792
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 05:02:18 AM

In my opinion, when the market is currently dropping then the short term is a better thing, even though I'm optimistic that the future of crypto will continue to improve but I don't like to wait so choose chort term rather than long term.
kalashnikovski

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 01:13:10 PM

I have almost no long-term positions. When I don't a keep anything for longer than a year, it's hard to call it a long-term investment on the cryptocurrency market. When the trend ends - I change my briefcase.
roglopolo

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:09:12 PM

My portfolio consists only of a long-term perspective . I do not like fast trade , I like to buy coins and wait for example half a year .
rafi035

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:34:33 PM

I look all the time. Even long term investments could gain more value if you sell on top and rebuy a little lower.
Not easy to say when to sell / buy. But after huge gain be ready to sell and rebuy.
long-term investments buying and selling waiting to get profit I think that requires a lot of confidence and patience as well as many investors who don't really use the strategy
generous

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:45:59 PM

How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
all depends on the current or future situation.
profits and losses are common if you play in the crypto world. and all of that might be anticipated by what we did before starting, such as updating the information about coins in an up-to-date manner.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
naily

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:28:10 AM

if you don't have a lot of time to be able to see the place of exchange then you can trade long term but for now I prefer to do short-term trading because the situation at the exchange is currently unstable so it will make a terrible movement
kaena555

Activity: 250
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:34:48 AM

How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
Basically it is better to use the distribution of 70% in short-term trading, since there are much more such coins, and the rest is to be held with hope for the future. See there is a ripple, cardano, nano, lisk, neo. All this now brings, albeit small, but income.

Joep01

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 05:52:26 AM

For me long term holding will be less risk because its like your securing your future. And time will come you will sell it with a big smile on your face because you doubled your capital since you buy that token.
Unlike short term hold is you just hold it then sell it for that unnecessary price. Profit will be less if you just hold in short term.

M E G A C R Y P T O P O L I S                 
World's Largest Decentralized City on the Ethereum Blockchain
primarydumz

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 06:07:42 AM

For me 80% for long term hold and 20% for short term hold. Short term hold is like 20% you go on trading even if that 20% will loose atleast 80% is secured.

▰✔♞❉▰ Globedx BOUNTY MANAGER ▰❉♞✔▰
V1saya

Activity: 1050
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 06:26:57 AM

I am more of an investor rather than short term although I did some short trades regularly when the market was performing good. Now it s seldom for me to make short trades as I am expecting a big bounce back after long red months.
DaryaCrypta

Activity: 134

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 10:47:07 PM

Experienced and knowledgeable people recommend not to choose only one or even two cryptocurrencies. They recommend having up to 10 coins in their portfolio. Of course, BTC and ETH should be among the top ten. But the rest-everyone chooses at its discretion, because there are no guarantees and the choice is large enough. But the General recommendation is that the coins should be from the first hundred.

■ CLOUD TOKEN ■
█Get from 6-12% monthly in CTO tokens. REF CODE + 50% profit:4901547258 █
bootlace

Activity: 364

Justice as a Service Infrastructure

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 10:17:34 AM

Long term trade has a higher chance to earn a huge profit,
While on the other hand short term trade could earn daily with compounding profit so you could also use it to earn a huge amount but it is too risky.

Short term is great for cheap coins that could bring to you profit from everyday trading. But coins like BTC or ETH are good for long term of course

J U R      |      The Justice as a Service Infrastructure      |      JUR ALLIANCE                      ═════════════════
      SMART LEGAL AGREEMENT.  ESCROW.  DECENTRALIZED DISPUTE RESOLUTION.        ║  JOIN JUR PRESALE  ║     
 ●         WHITEPAPER         TECH PAPER         GITHUB         MEDIUM         TELEGRAM                 ═════════════════
bitverzo

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 10:52:32 AM

Here you will find short and long term forecasts :
https://bitverzo.com/forecast
PanGiMoon

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 11:37:41 AM

I think that all these ways of earning good income it is possible to use as a newbie easy this way, and for the more grown-up consumers, so can't advise full method separately.
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 07:34:58 PM

a trader will not mention which is more profitable between the two, because both have their own advantages at different times. a trader will use the long term when they experience more losses and they keep it until it returns. and short term maybe you already know it.
I mean, you can't deduce which of the two is better.
ovcijisir

Activity: 1493
Merit: 333

🐪

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 09:45:41 PM

Before you plan what you will do you must know the difference of the long term and short term.

Long Term Gain
- A long-term capital gain is the gain stemming from the sale of a qualifying investment that has been owned for longer than 12 months at the time of sale.

Short Term Gain
- A short-term gain is profit realized from the sale, transfer or other disposition of personal or investment property known as a capital asset that has been held for one year or less.

For me both are good but based on the situation. The Short Term Gain is for someone selling his coin with less than a year while the Long Term Gain is for someone selling his coin with more than a year. But mostly I prefer Long Term Gain because if you hodl your coin in a long period of time then the value of it will increased and you will earn much better than hodling your coin with a short period of time.

For short term trading you have to be knowleable in technical analysis to correctly identify indicators which help you to predict market trends. I guess there is more money in short term trading but you have to invest a lot of time in education and trading.

aggeyysido

Activity: 112

The Intelligent Retail Currency

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 12:08:07 AM

First ruled itself. I lost 5,000, then I put it in control, and I lost the same amount. While no longer at risk and open a small deal with a small shoulder.

Ⓞ fluzcoin Ⓞ
█ The Intelligent Retail Currency █
❐ Backed up by global retailers ❐ Legally compliant ❐ Non-speculative
lybship53

Activity: 770
Merit: 400

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 12:41:16 AM

Before you plan what you will do you must know the difference of the long term and short term.

Long Term Gain
- A long-term capital gain is the gain stemming from the sale of a qualifying investment that has been owned for longer than 12 months at the time of sale.

Short Term Gain
- A short-term gain is profit realized from the sale, transfer or other disposition of personal or investment property known as a capital asset that has been held for one year or less.

For me both are good but based on the situation. The Short Term Gain is for someone selling his coin with less than a year while the Long Term Gain is for someone selling his coin with more than a year. But mostly I prefer Long Term Gain because if you hodl your coin in a long period of time then the value of it will increased and you will earn much better than hodling your coin with a short period of time.

For short term trading you have to be knowleable in technical analysis to correctly identify indicators which help you to predict market trends. I guess there is more money in short term trading but you have to invest a lot of time in education and trading.
I'm starting to learn to invest for a short time. There is no hope for a long time, much has been lost. I need to learn this craft. Smiley

babarian

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 04:15:19 AM

long-term is better, but that does not mean that short-term is not good, people who are good at predicting the situation correctly will prefer to do short-term trading
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: