Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:43:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can ETH reach BTC value ?  (Read 10767 times)
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:41:22 AM

Not in the near future because ETH and BTC shares the same problem which is slow tx confirmations and small blocksize,if eth wants to overtake BTC eth should improve its network first.

In teams of scalibility ETH can stand much stronger load of transactions on their network, the only thing where transactions can be costly there is the smart contracts as they need to be transferred through blockchain which is why smart contracts + transactions , so not only transactions are problem there. If ethereum needs to scale and it will need to in future devs will prob try to react ASAP because there at least from my point of view is not any big issues with community and devs. Whereas in bitcoin case we had people that pulled strings in different ways and we still do. Ethereum will scale faster if they get to that point of urgency to do that.

I doubt that ETH could surpass current bitcoins price at least not in short amount of time, beacuse if we look at their coin supply + price per coin. More adoption and more investors will have to get in to enable ethereum to grow, it's not impossible but from this moment it seems highly unlikely in coming months.

In future, maybe not next year, Ethereum can reach to Bitcoin value, that will happen when Ethereum is accepted by nations, banks and organazitions like Bitcoin now.

Even bitcoin is not accepted by banks and nations >> if some nation/country accepts bitcoin it is mostly YES signal to other alts as well...
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
easynote

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:41:58 AM

Just wondering if ETH can
No.
The price of Ethereum can get to $16k per Ethereum though Bitcoin would have to be $100k or so.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:43:04 AM

I think you should make more clarification about the bitcoin price you are saying ethereum should reach. I suppose you are speculating bitcoin current price for ethereum and I think this is very possible. Bitcoin will ever be above ethereum in terms of price and market capitalization. I expect ethereum to go high and touch  $5,000 in 2018.
Rhaizan

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:43:33 AM

ETH can reach what the price of bitcoin now but i think it takes time before its happen. They are different coin and different developers so NOT because bitcoin increase immediately it means that this is also happen to eth.
Payapa

Activity: 138
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:47:46 AM

I believe, yes, ETH can reach, or even exceed BTC's value. Being the second most popular and second most used crypto nowadays, I see no hindrance ETH's catch up with BTC. I may take some time though for ETH to catch up with BTC, but ETH is pretty solid on its own.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
aakriti

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:53:40 AM

ETH is the Best altcoin but BTC is the base of crypto currency. In my view no other coin is too popular or valued like BTC. ETH can't be reach to the value of BTC.
ngerok

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:55:06 AM

maybe if the supply of Bitcoin thinning Ethereum could be an alternative to Bitcoin because only Ethereum has stability like Bitcoin
Aya1

Activity: 81

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:57:24 AM

As for Ethereum, the total Market Cap or market capitalization is still at $ 31 billion with the last 24 hours trading volume of $ 834 million. For supply of ETH that has been circulating in the market of 97 million without brick maximum. This also makes it difficult for ETH prices to rise further, let alone the available supply "unlimited". Although there are some who say that the maximum ETH is 87 million, but now its circulation has even exceeded that limit.

So for Ethereum Price Prediction 2018, we can hardly conclude that Ethereum has not been able to become a major competitor of Bitcoin in the value of saving and exchange rate (as Asset). Fundamentally Ethereum is already guaranteed by several major factors, for example with the EEA (Enterprise Ethereum Alliance) group that has been formed with dozens of giant world companies incorporated in it such as Microsoft, Inter, and CME Group which recently joined.
BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 11:03:46 AM

the price of ether can reach the current price of bitcoin but i think bitcoin price is more than 300k dollar at that time if you will just base it in the supply and price

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:03:53 AM

Anything might possible to happen, it all depend on the people decision wether they will still hold bitcoin or just exchange it with etherium. Bitcoins value is all dependent on people's choice, until the see a coin unuseful they will definitely decide to dump it and just look for a new one even better.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:09:57 AM

It can reach bitcoin's current value at $14,500 but when that time will happen bitcoin's value is going to be more than today's value. I know ETH is also a good coin and it's next to bitcoin so anything is possible to happen but during that time for sure bitcoin is going to have more than we are expecting and if that happens those people that has ETH and bitcoin are going to be an instant rich people.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
MarcJ

Activity: 166
Merit: 18

SUBAJ 🔥 Digital Loyalty Card 🔥

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:12:30 AM

I think it can not because the price is currently far away if compared with bitcoin. and if it can be for sure in a very long time

coineye

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:16:14 AM

This market is so unpredictable and depends so heavily on big players that everything is possible

◈   SOCIALMEDIA.MARKET      BLOCKCHAIN BASED Influencer Marketing Platform
ANN Thread     WhitePaper     Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▰   TOKEN SALE : 09 February - 16 March   
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:17:52 AM

Can Etherium reach BTC value? it's a good question. In terms of market cap there is a good chance of that happening in the near future but in terms of $ value per coin I would say never since the supply of ETH is already 6 times that of Bitcoin.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
SimplyEverything

Activity: 126
Merit: 16

Escrow

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 11:21:46 AM

It can surely once everyone is bored with BTC as the TX fees are high rightnow at Core isn't doing anything so hmmm, BTC would die if they dont do something soon, or lightning network is not out next year then GG for BTC fees are gonna be bomb...
ETH is cool it surely can reach btc price one day but need a long time maybe it won't, as ETH is not limited supply

-Peace-
ItBeginInAfrica

Activity: 120
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:21:52 AM

in terms of value I don't think this is possible, even in years from now but my outlook
about eth is still positive, provided that some of the projects and tokens based
on eth will not encounter big major problems (especially security problems) and this is
a great danger cause there are lots of projects and tokens based on ethereum right now

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
mixelalex

Activity: 193

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:25:04 AM

At first glance, I do not think so. But most likely it is from the contrast of their value today. And in theory - why not? We can not foresee all those changes that will occur in the future - technical, legal, personal. In general, in such cases it is better not to bet on one thing, because it is impossible to predict for sure that it will go uphill. And so it is more likely not to be trapped.
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:25:24 AM

No.
The price of Ethereum can get to $16k per Ethereum though Bitcoin would have to be $100k or so.

That the right opinion  in point of view it can never surpass the price of bitcoin even the transaction network of ethereum are high and fast compare to bitcoin it can never reach the value of btc.
In the long term run we can sure that eth will have a high value but not even higher than btc price.

loaddebitcard

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:30:16 AM

Easily. Ethereum is not just a cryptocurrency, it's a huge platform for other cryptoprojects. Thus I can overtake bitcoin that is just an overrated currency. Ethereum is also more innovative due its smart contract support. I'm sure that Ethereum once will become a king of cryptoworld Smiley
belinda97

Activity: 50

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:32:22 AM

In my opinion this is not possible in near future that ETH can reach BTC value. When ETH will reach BTC value 15k$,BTC will already around 100k
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: