Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:03:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC scams  (Read 2912 times)
tianok21

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:10:56 AM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

You have a point regarding this matter. It is really true that the possibility the involvement of scam in KYC. Maybe people may victim of identity fraud through KCY. To avoid scam make it sure that the ICO you've join is legit and ensure that the document you will give is used only for validation of your identification in the ICO you'll joined and follow only the instruction given by the ICO through telegram. Addition always reach the technical personnel or admin of ICO for more updates.
Faeton

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:52:56 AM

Be careful while giving you personal informations in this crypto world, I mean i want to be anonymous that is why i am using crypto so i never join a project that needs KYC to get me in.
And how will you act if KYC will demand that you pass as a member of the generosity campaign after the ICO is completed? Will you provide the required personal information and a copy of your passport, or another document that certifies your identity, or refuse to provide it, and thus refuse earned tokens?

yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:10:21 AM

KYC regulations vary from region to region, country to country. Before submitting any KY requirements just see to it that the ICO are complying the the regulations serve by their country not just making any KYC requirements by themselves and not in accordance with the law and that act will be seem suspicious and scam.
Fahim

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:11:33 AM

Often, not even the developers of the project are to blame for the theft of personal data. Their databases can be hacked, they may not have an honest employee, etc. Everything is dangerous in this world. Perhaps somebody will create some sort of shared database once. You upload your documents there and you will simply give a link or confirmation key from the main database to take part in ICO.
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:18:28 AM

I'll definitely not going to participate to this kind of ico or bounty campaign, even if it is profitable for participants and investors, you are right it's not worth it it's like selling your identity online, your identity is not worth any profit from all this ico and bounty.
owlman

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:27:36 AM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

On the one hand, really passing KYC is alarming and repellent, but at the moment, to invest in the project, or to get free coins in airdrop, sometimes you need KYC, how to distinguish scammers Huh

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
jouns

Activity: 812
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:36:21 AM

Well, no one and does not force you to specify your passport, you may downloaded from the Internet someone else's passport there their a lot.
sisule

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:37:31 AM

many people are doubting KYC because one's concern about KYC abuse is now evident. and I think KYC should be eliminated in order to avoid misuse and harming the user. so we have to be careful with the KYC.
mariayaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:38:41 AM

Yes, specially newbies should be aware of the scam. Never upload your identity unless you are sure about the ICO authenticity.

✦✦✦✦✦  ☸ SECURE - FAST - FAIR ☸  ✦✦✦✦✦   (https://www.bitgame.com/?trackCode=BITCOINTALK)
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:39:41 AM

It amazes me how people just deliver their personal information to a random person claiming some sort of authority and requesting fir your life-long identity thst you have worked for. No matter the incentive in doing this, never give your identity and personal information to anyone on the internet.

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:05:05 PM

This is also my concern, because it is becoming very disturbing t me, that some ICOs that I never subscribe to are now inviting me to partake in their ICO, my major concernis that this people are sellng our data to their clicks and now just thinking to stop getting into such ICOs demanding my personal information
aalborg

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:21:10 PM

I don't care about my KYC details because I am a law-abiding person and don't have something to be hidden. Moreover, I know, that a big part of documents has already downloaded in the Internet . But I am a bit lazy to collect all the documents and pass KYC. This sets me off.
J_CCreate
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:32:44 PM

There`re too many scammers out there. Be careful guys! Don`t invest in the projects you don`t belive in
pocketfullofpoke

Activity: 476

www.daxico.com

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:57:05 PM

KYC is one way of proving that you are a legit investor but the OP has also his point that your authentic docs sent as requirement in KYC might be use for criminals purposes or a way of stealing your identity.

But that's not a problem if the ICO where you participated is proven to be legit and very trustworthy.

radokan

Activity: 291
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:38:39 PM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in.  
I saw topic in marketplace, someone was offering kyc for various ico's but I can't find it right now, it was probably trashed. The thing is, you can never know to whom you are giving your information, project can be great and everything but that just doesn't mean they won't sell your information. What if someone hack them and hacker get all data? Investors should avoid such projects.
roxane669

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:50:21 PM

How do you recognize a fake demand of KYC?
oscarrsm

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:32:09 PM

Yes, there is such a problem. But, if the project is good and it can bring a big profit, then there is nothing to do, you need to send your documents. It's a personal matter for everyone to take risks or not. Like investing in general.
Mc_Moneysack

Activity: 154
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:36:02 PM

I do understand your scepticism but could you please also present your evidence? It’s always easy to state that you have seen or heard something without proof. If you could give us a concrete example other users could avoid being scammed.

I am not saying KYC is always safe but it definitely is not automatically a scam since there are sound legal reasons for conducting KYC.

SHIVOM  ──  The Future is your Genome! Own it.
Join our Token Campaign!  ──  https://shivom.io/
cilgindansci

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

umachit.fund

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:41:11 PM

I'm not picky on this. I sent KYC many times. This isn't intelligently. I guess i should be more careful.

coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:45:35 PM

Yes it's important for all investors and hunters to know who they are sending their Identity to. Apart from that many ico's now use KYC as an excuse of not disturbing participats funds to them in the name of may be their KYC was not well filled or submitted on time. Anyway am not against KYC because sometimes it's for the safety of investors funds just that am speaking from experience many ico campaigns now use it in negative way which is a big disadvantage to many bounty hunters.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: